• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Local Tournies in the Stl Area?

jasonfails

Smash Rookie
Hey, I moved to Arnold about a year ago and have been really wanting to attend a Smash 4 local somewhere. I heard about Stl BarWarz from Deepfried errrr Mara? a long time ago but by time I'd thought I was decent enough to attend I couldn't find anything about it anymore. I haven't seen them make a post on Facebook in forever and their Twitch appears to be just as dead. Is it still alive? are there any other locals in the area? I'd love to compete or at the minimum show up and play some friendlies but I haven't the slightest idea where to look.

Slamboy

Smash Rookie
I'm in the same spot as you. But apparently there was a tournament this weekend at SIUE (20 minutes from St. Louis). No one told me. :'(

Many of the local colleges & universities like WashU and SIUE have Smash clubs, as do some high schools, but I'm not sure if all of those are student exclusive. I swear, trying to find a local scene around these parts is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Try browsing through the facebook groups, maybe there's something there I've missed. If you look up "St. Louis smash bros" A few things come up that might be worth looking at.

Top Bottom