• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Loads of Villains but Why? Who else is left to fight the good guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

[Equinox]

Smash Rookie
Clearly we are seeing a Villain theme being pushed within Super Smash Bros Ultimate with recent characters like Ridley, Dark Samus and of course King K Rool and in my opinion they are doing this to build up for the adventure mode within the game - so how are these characters relevant to this, despite from being a Villain... The answer might not be what you were expecting but it's Smash run.

Yes the forgotten mode, well maybe almost, holds many answers about upcoming content within the game - you see, I think that the developers are wanting to represent the enemies we find within Smash run with a villain as they intend to recycle many of these enemies into the adventure mode, it makes sense using established enemies from games and having the Villains as the bosses (Potentially ones like Dracula or something like Sub-space where you had to versus characters who were 'tainted' to revive them from the shadow stuff,encounters of that sort)

Currently we have
Metroid: Ridley/Dark Samus
Kirby: King Dedede/Meta Knight
Mario: Bowser/Bowser Jr
Donkey Kong: King K Rool
Kid Icarus: None
Pokemon: None

Kid Icarus Speculation
The reason why I mainly point out Kid Icarus and Pokemon is because they have multiple enemies within Smash run and are not Third parties like Pac-man or Mega man who If I remember correctly have little or 0 representation in Smash Run. Thus I think it is reasonable to put forward the idea that we might get Medusa/Hades in Smash as a character or even a boss on a stage like Palutena's Temple (Though if it is bosses it would make more sense for Palutena to be the boss referencing Chp20 where you have to fight her under the Chaos kin's control or even on the Reset bomb forest where under special conditions you could fight viridi - very akin to Dracula) I even saw on a series on youtube called Hades' Misguidance a clear reference to Palutena's Guidance which would be a fun secret and makes sense.

I do know there is an argument for Medusa as an Echo of Palutena but if you know the design of Medusa it's clear why that can't be the case, mainly because she doesn't have a shield. Plus she could have a very unique moveset.

Pokemon Speculation
For characters within Pokemon It would be hard to say one, you could argue that Mewtwo is the villain with the first movie as good evidence and I can't deny that but I think we could get another Pokemon trainer type character, Potentially Team Rocket with Meowth, Arbok/Ekans and Weezing,Koffing or even Giovanni as a rep using Pokemon he has used in the games and anime. Or these could just be Echo's but still a person can dream! Or even Guzma/Lusamine maybe even an ultra beast or 'Evil' pokemon within the games/anime. Hey they could even add Gary Oak as an echo fighter of Pokemon trainer.

Counter Arguments
The main 2 arguments I see getting for my speculation is 'Kid icarus getting 4 reps?' and yes for a franchise that isn't dead really but definitely is in a coma whilst I am still seeing 3 reps for Kirby - another rep seems unlikely and my response is, fair point. And secondly that having 2 types of Pokemon trainer characters seems a lot of work and could mean Pokemon trainer and Giovanna let's say are both top tiers just because of how decent they could be and the matchup games which to me seems unfair.

But hey what do I know? This is just merely speculation on my part and this all could be false, basing it off some game mode that barely anyone plays anymore. Sorry about my Grammar; kind of a ranty type post and I don't care haha.

Thank you for reading - Have a good one!

Last edited:

Farbeitfromme

Smash Cadet
I never played Smash Run, as I don't own the 3DS version of Smash 4, but I always wanted to try it. I love the idea of using enemies from various games in platforming levels like SSE. Preferably, I'd like to see the levels organized by series, with a series appropriate boss at the end of each. That's probably too much to hope for, but dang, it would be cool.

I don't know if the villain/rival theme is intentional, or being used to build any particular feature up. I think the villains we got were just popular characters. That said, having playable characters as the bosses/mid-bosses of a "series themed Smash Run" mode would be great.

I wouldn't object to Kid Icarus or Pokemon getting a villain/rival character, although I think Mewtwo works for Pokemon in the same way Meta Knight works for Kirby (not evil, but having historically crossed blades with the protagonists). My favorite choice for KI is Medusa, although I wouldn't mind if they went with Hades instead.

So yeah, I'd be totally on board with your idea. Hopefully we'll get something like that someday.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I think you need to expand your definition of "villain" to "antagonist".

Currently we have

Bowser
Ganondorf
Mewtwo (I know not technically a villain by default, but is often acts as one in the anime and games)
Meta Knight
Wario
King Dedede
Wolf
Bowser Jr.
Dark Pit
Ridley
Dark Samus
King K. Rool

You also have Shadow probably on the way as an echo. Possibly Black Shadow and Black Knight as well.

And then of course there's Adventure Mode bosses. We know we have Dracula and Rathalos at least, with possible other new ones and returning ones from Subspace(I've listed the ones I want to see here).

Now, not all of these are actually "villains", but they can all be considered enemies/rivals of the "heroes".

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Playable non echo; Skull Kid.
Echo; Medusa. Black Shadow. Black Knight. Shadow.

Boss; Porky Minch. Petey Piranha. Yellow Devil. Kraid? Tabuu?

At least what I'm thinking is likely.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I can't deny that but I think we could get another Pokemon trainer type character, Potentially Team Rocket with Meowth, Arbok/Ekans and Weezing,Koffing
Yes... don’t deny it.

Team Rocket Jessie and James with Meowth, Arbok, and Weezing... or Team Rocket for short... would be perfect as villains in the Adventure Mode. Just imagine! Team Rocket stealing trophies and trying to capture rare Pokémon like Pikachu, Kirby, Yoshi, and Ridley.

Team Rocket would basically be Meowth as a playable fighter with Arbok and Weezing as part of his moveset... like Toad, Pikmin, Luma, and the Duck... and Jessie and James would be staying in the background and sending out their Pokémon to assist Meowth.

1535329110441.jpeg

1535329175414.jpeg

1535329210929.jpeg

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I think there's plenty more boss characters they can use in the Adventure mode/Smash run mode or wherever the bosses reside.

- DJ Octavio
- Hades
- Andross (monkey face)
- Any one-off Kirby villain
- Porky Minch
- Petey Piranah
- King Boo
- The Broodals
- Lord Fredrick or Tiki Tong
- King Hippo
- Black Knight
- Dr. Eggman