• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LMU Smash Returns + Nawgan ? ? ? - March 2nd, 2013 - Playa Vista, CA

~BoscoMan~

Smash Apprentice
It's time that I host another installment of LMU smash. I know this isn't much notice, but it's one of the only days I can host at this location. It's a good venue for those who went last year, and I hope everyone can make this. Also, if people have recording setups they'd like to bring that'd be dope.

1 Loyola Marymount University Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90045
It will be held in Pereira Hall, the same location as last time for those who remember. At the entrance of the university ask the man at the kiosk and he will give you a map directing you to Pereira. Also, parking is located right across from the venue and is free.

Times
Doubles start: 12 P.M.
Singles start: ~3 P.M.
Venue closes: 10 P.M.

Prices
Singles Entry Fee: $5
Doubles Entry Fee: $5.00 Per Player
Door Fee (Everyone who enters must pay): $5

Please Bring Setups
If you can bring, please comment below~

Bracket Payouts
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

If you have any questions, PM me, facebook me: Jonny Levi
(310)-867-9434

baka4moé

Smash Champion
anyone going to this passing through Pasadena? A friend and I, possibly another, are interested in going and looking for a ride! We can bring a setup and help pay for gas.

COCO

Smash Cadet
I went to this last year, great tournment, got some great games and practice in!
I'll try to bring my friends and a full set up this time. still remember helping myself to multiple cans of NOS lol.

WHA?

Smash Ace
Hey can anyone give me a ride
im close to the 101 freeway and can get easily picked up if you are coming using the 101

GAS MONEY for sure!!!!!!!

Also, im selling gamecube controllers so just ask me n ill let you try them out

SNPR

Smash Journeyman
Thank you for hosting bosco! Good tournament, pretty good turnout.
Maybe next time we can all pitch in $5 and order pizza or something.

~BoscoMan~

Smash Apprentice
Thank you all for coming and making this a really fun tournament. Though we didn't have as many setups as I would have wanted, I still think the tournament ran smoothly and ended on time. (Sorry SB for not having enough time for your Irvine crew battle) I also apologize about the food situation, I didn't realize that LMU is on break and closed all of their restaurants. Regardless, special thanks to Okami and Stab for helping me run the tournament; you guys really taught me a lot about TIO and I'm really grateful for all the assistance. I'd also like to give a huge thanks to Jake for bringing a ****load of bombass Nawgan. Good games to everyone I played in friendlies and in pools. And lastly, shoutouts to everyone for making this super hype. I hope to see you all soon!

Results are up as well...
http://smashboards.com/threads/lmu-tourney-results.334627/

Also someone left a plain black controller with red tape on the port plug-in. Message me to claim it if it's yours

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
There's no way all of these people would amount to like 6 setups, we can DEFINITELY deliver (although we never really do)

Thanks a ton Bosco for hosting, you always try to help out the community whenever you can. Everything about the venue is great imo. This was an amazing tournament with hype/close sets everywhere it was a blast.

Shoutouts - I love you all. It's great to see new faces going to tournaments and them really wanting to get better. There's something amazing when people want to get good at a game that's old, can only play on CRT TVs, and people can't really get any money off of. But it's super rewarding when you make your goals and you know you earned it cause this game is ridiculously hard. Ggs everyone, I'm definitely inspired to level up hardcore and I hope to be an inspiration for yall in the future as well. :]

PS: I especially love Bizz, homey came down from norcal by his lonesome

Top Bottom