• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lloid Braking - We Livin~

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Shoutouts to @ T trevskeet for posting this on a Villager thread somewhere. However...I feel this deserves its own topic.

So it seems that we can cancel our knockback from lloid...could it have to do with the knockback and angle? Is it a frame-perfect lloid release?

Let's experiment and find out~

Tagging the following cuz I know yall like to experiment: @ AnchorTea AnchorTea @ Sonsa Sonsa @ Mtn64 Mtn64 @ Antonykun Antonykun

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Looks awesome, I assume you can perform this without needing to ride gyroid, right? I hear the performer of this technique was holding left and then held B? If he/she tapped b then you should be able to get what I described at first. I'll try to replicate in training with those motion sensor bomb items.
Edit: No luck. Yeah, I can't seem to cancel hitstun. Need more info!

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Shoutouts to @ T trevskeet for posting this on a Villager thread somewhere. However...I feel this deserves its own topic.

So it seems that we can cancel our knockback from lloid...could it have to do with the knockback and angle? Is it a frame-perfect lloid release?

Let's experiment and find out~

Tagging the following cuz I know yall like to experiment: @ AnchorTea AnchorTea @ Sonsa Sonsa @ Mtn64 Mtn64 @ Antonykun Antonykun
well ik what im doing tommorow

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
well ik what im doing tommorow
It's seriously like the best thing.

Looks awesome, I assume you can perform this without needing to ride gyroid, right? I hear the performer of this technique was holding left and then held B? If he/she tapped b then you should be able to get what I described at first. I'll try to replicate in training with those motion sensor bomb items.
Edit: No luck. Yeah, I can't seem to cancel hitstun. Need more info!
Yeah, I doubt you need to ride it.

The potential of this is scary, if we can live an fsmash from Robin at 140%, not even reaching the bubble.

I seriously wanna find out what causes this...

Last edited:

Keeseman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Keeseman
3DS FC
2251-4754-4791
The potential of this is scary, if we can live an fsmash from Robin at 140%, not even reaching the bubble.
I think it was d-smash, actually - which is a more frequently used move. This is even more exceptional, considering how it was the Levin Sword variant (which KOs around 110%).

Could it have something to do with some weird IASA-like thing with the hitstun? That Villager should have died... I need to know if he was mashing side-B, or if it was lucky and perfectly timed.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I think it was d-smash, actually - which is a more frequently used move. This is even more exceptional, considering how it was the Levin Sword variant (which KOs around 110%).

Could it have something to do with some weird IASA-like thing with the hitstun? That Villager should have died... I need to know if he was mashing side-B, or if it was lucky and perfectly timed.
Dude that discovered it said he tapped it, but another report I got from Mtn who was told of a similar experience, is that:

"
A while back, I received a replay from Magister, the previous top ranked player in the 3ds smashladder community, also a villager main, sent me a replay of something similar
[5/24/2015 10:54:30 PM] Mtn64: She was hit by PKThunder and stopped it almost immediately after
[5/24/2015 10:54:38 PM] Mtn64: PKTHUNDER ness collision
[5/24/2015 10:55:07 PM] Mtn64: He said: "I think it has something to do with a frame perfect execution, you might be able to mash it out""

Last edited:

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Holy crap!!

I need to try figure this out ASAP

This is absolutely broken!!

Wish me luck fellow Villager's!

Edit: Yellow 6 Villager has been D-Smashed 82 times (I've counted). No luck, I'll keep trying. If I get to 300 kills then i'll try a new method.

Last edited:
Posting to report a lack of luck on my end as well. I've been using Motion sensor Bombs.

Ive tried buffering a Lloid during hitlag, mashing, etc.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
I think I came up with the conclusion already.

So I lost count of how many tries I did somewhere after 100, and then I remembered something about the One-Chop. The One-Chop had a new tree model, which proves that it wasn't a glitch (still got removed tho). This Loid Brake has no evidence to show that it isn't a glitch. Heck, cancelling hitstun in a complete miraculous way while the player just did a normal SIde B clearly shows that this is a glitch.

The conclusion I've come up, and I believe it true, is that this is just one of those random video game glitches that happen for no reason once in forever.

Scratch that. I was being dumb.

Last edited:

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
Perhaps it only works with electrical attacks? Seeing as both cases are from the Levin Sword and PK Thunder.

trevskeet

Smash Cadet
NNID
trevskeet
Glad this is getting some attention, thanks for taking the initiative, @ Darklink401 Darklink401

To offer my input, I was holding left as soon as Robin's hit connected, then tapped B once, let it go, paused briefly, and then held it again for a quick moment and released once more. No mashing was involved, just a quick tap followed by a slightly longer tap. Not the way I usually brace for the blast zone (usually just mashing B), so there might be something in the length of the two presses and the pause in-between. Hope it helps, I'll continue my own experimenting~

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Glad this is getting some attention, thanks for taking the initiative, @ Darklink401 Darklink401

To offer my input, I was holding left as soon as Robin's hit connected, then tapped B once, let it go, paused briefly, and then held it again for a quick moment and released once more. No mashing was involved, just a quick tap followed by a slightly longer tap. Not the way I usually brace for the blast zone (usually just mashing B), so there might be something in the length of the two presses and the pause in-between. Hope it helps, I'll continue my own experimenting~
This might help a lot actually, since it may need a specific button input.

I think I came up with the conclusion already.

So I lost count of how many tries I did somewhere after 100, and then I remembered something about the One-Chop. The One-Chop had a new tree model, which proves that it wasn't a glitch (still got removed tho). This Loid Brake has no evidence to show that it isn't a glitch. Heck, cancelling hitstun in a complete miraculous way while the player just did a normal SIde B clearly shows that this is a glitch.

The conclusion I've come up, and I believe it true, is that this is just one of those random video game glitches that happen for no reason once in forever.
Glitches happen for a reason.

This is a reason worth searching.

I plan to continue my experimenting..

Why's villager's everything so timing-based? DX

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
OH MY GOD I DID IT IN A LOCAL MATCH!

Then I forgot to save replay...

Plz don't hurt me.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
I dont play as Villager, but i shall assist this effort in finding its cause and timing o(`ω´ )o

I think i may have an idea why it does this or mostly how to execute this, but we'll see after a good showerxD

"o.o

Last edited:

Player-1

Smash Legend
Damn, I had this idea before I knew it would be possible and was messing around to see if there would be any way to do this with some manipulation but never got anything. As @ Wasoodle Wasoodle said, this maybe related to electrical hitstun in some way. Maybe only possible with electrical attacks or easier to do with electrical attacks.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Damn, I had this idea before I knew it would be possible and was messing around to see if there would be any way to do this with some manipulation but never got anything. As @ Wasoodle Wasoodle said, this maybe related to electrical hitstun in some way. Maybe only possible with electrical attacks or easier to do with electrical attacks.
Do electrical attacks affect the physics of launch?

Player-1

Smash Legend
I don't know, but this has nothing to do with launching (I don't think). We already knew Lloid broke momentum in the air instantly, this isn't new. The weird/new thing here is being able to act out of hitstun so quickly. Electricity does affect hitstun. It's possible this might not be exclusive to villager (being able to act out of this hitstun so quickly), but I don't know any moves off hand that instantly stop your momentum other than Lloid. In Brawl, the order of moves you could act out of hitstun was airdodge>aerial/item throw> special move (I think midair jump was tied with special move or after, I don't remember.This was why bucket braking was possible in Brawl, you would use GaW nair since it ended the fastest out of any move including air dodge even though you could air dodge first, then you weren't in hitstun anymore, just knockback and GaW bucket broke your momentum from knocback). In Smash 4 I think you can do them all at the same time, or they're a lot closer together than they were in brawl. I've already been using Lloid to break momentum before instead of midair jump, and nothing like this has happened to me.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
What was the situation?

Because depending on that, it may or may not have to do with thunder stuff
Well, I was playing 8 player smash with my amiibos. And Pikachu was one of them. Idk what exactly hit me, because everything was chaotic (I was in Big Battlefield) but either Pikachu's F-Smash hit me, RiBBZee amiibo Axe hit me, or Samus's charge shot hit me. It was so quick, and the fact that I forgot to save replay makes it hard for me to remember. I just kinda mashed Side B in a frantic way, then boom. It happened.

I wouldn't count on this info too much since it is an extremely fuzzy memory.

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
Tried replicating this for a few hours with a spare 3ds, no juice.
Also, I can report this works on 3ds as well, because the report earlier that DarkLink cpasted from me was a 3ds report, not a WiiU.
What interests me is that it was said he pressed it, let go, then pressed and held.
What interests me more is that
Well, I was playing 8 player smash with my amiibos. And Pikachu was one of them. Idk what exactly hit me, because everything was chaotic (I was in Big Battlefield) but either Pikachu's F-Smash hit me, RiBBZee amiibo Axe hit me, or Samus's charge shot hit me. It was so quick, and the fact that I forgot to save replay makes it hard for me to remember. I just kinda mashed Side B in a frantic way, then boom. It happened.

I wouldn't count on this info too much since it is an extremely fuzzy memory.
Says he mashed it..
Going what we know by, all three cases have been by an electric attack. One case hit the lloid button twice, with a pause in between, one says they tapped it but thinks its possible to mash out, and the last says they mashed it.
I can't see how pressing it once would be the case.
I'm going to go with the assumption its frame perfect for now, maybe a set amount of frames Villager, or anyone can act out of hitstun? The reason I think this is because off both cases I've seen, Magisters and the one in this video, the range they went before Lloid Breaking by what I remember is close to the same.
EDIT:
Can someone get a frame by frame gif of a Villager getting dsmashed by a Robin to see if there are any visual ques? Doubt there would be, but doesn't hurt to check. @ Indigo Jeans Indigo Jeans ?

Regardless, I'll get back to testing this tomorrow.

Last edited:

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Tried replicating this for a few hours with a spare 3ds, no juice.
Also, I can report this works on 3ds as well, because the report earlier that DarkLink cpasted from me was a 3ds report, not a WiiU.
What interests me is that it was said he pressed it, let go, then pressed and held.
What interests me more is that

Says he mashed it..
I'm going to go with the assumption its frame perfect for now, maybe a set amount of frames Villager, or anyone can act out of hitstun?
I don't know the logic behind DIRTBUS but it could be something villager specific?
Regardless, I'll get back to testing this tomorrow.
I THINK I mashed it. Like I said, it's a very fuzzy memory, so everything I said might not be true to performing this Broken tech succesfully.

@ Darklink401 Darklink401 I think you should change the title to something more specific and eye-catching so it can get more attention.

Last edited:

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
So much testing, so much...bad Flatzone music! xD

But so far I can't do it. I even went and unlocked the darn level to have an exact reenactment of this with Robin and Villager. I used the Backround building as a measurement as a fathom for such timing. And mashed an average of 5 inputs per second in 1/4 and tried many times in different rhythms...xD

But now closely examining the video-
Robin's Dsmash Should put villy at %140.

In my testing which i kept getting 138% So looking even closer...
Doctor Mario. After he finishes his Tornado, does what I believe is a JAB in the midst of Robin' Dsmash GREATLY reducing the Knockback,allowing this. Or i think its the jab itself knocking Villager out of that Hitstun allowing the Lloid stop(?) And the fact that Doctor Mario's jab does (apparently) 2% damage....
that being said, its 138%+2%= Illuminati and halflife 3 confirmed!? ((140% just like the video. ))

please prove me wrong Villagers. xD

DX

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
So much testing, so much...bad Flatzone music! xD

But so far I can't do it. I even went and unlocked the darn level to have an exact reenactment of this with Robin and Villager. I used the Backround building as a measurement as a fathom for such timing. And mashed an average of 5 inputs per second in 1/4 and tried many times in different rhythms...xD

But now closely examining the video-
Robin's Dsmash Should put villy at %140.

In my testing which i kept getting 138% So looking even closer...
Doctor Mario. After he finishes his Tornado, does what I believe is a JAB in the midst of Robin' Dsmash GREATLY reducing the Knockback,allowing this. Or i think its the jab itself knocking Villager out of that Hitstun allowing the Lloid stop(?) And the fact that Doctor Mario's jab does (apparently) 2% damage....
that being said, its 138%+2%= Illuminati and halflife 3 confirmed!? ((140% just like the video. ))

please prove me wrong Villagers. xD

DX
Nah, in the video that was posted, Villager got blasted with way too much momentum for that to be the case, we can't do lloid like that XP

He didn't just use lloid after hitstu, he cancelled the hitstun after lloid.

@ AnchorTea AnchorTea what would you suggest I call it? xD I thought my title was rather eye-catching.

IDK if the jab had anything to do with it, unless Magister had someone else hit him too.

Because then, Anchortea would have been hit multiple times too, as he said he cant remember what he got hit by

So this may have to do with being hit by two people at once.

Hopefully not.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Nah, in the video that was posted, Villager got blasted with way too much momentum for that to be the case, we can't do lloid like that XP

@ AnchorTea AnchorTea what would you suggest I call it? xD I thought my title was rather eye-catching.

IDK if the jab had anything to do with it, unless Magister had someone else hit him too.

Because then, Anchortea would have been hit multiple times too, as he said he cant remember what he got hit by

Hopefully not.
Lloid Hitstun Cancel

PyroBandit

Smash Cadet
Can I just mention how ridiculous of a tech/glitch this is? If we find a way to do this consistently, then Villager becomes stupidly hard to kill. It's exciting, but also kinda sad because if we figure this out then Sakurai will just patch it like the One-Chop (RIP).

With that said, this isn't gonna stop me form testing this out. Having a hitstun cancel like this would be INSANE, even if it's just for a short time. I'll report back later if I find anything worthwhile.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Can I just mention how ridiculous of a tech/glitch this is? If we find a way to do this consistently, then Villager becomes stupidly hard to kill. It's exciting, but also kinda sad because if we figure this out then Sakurai will just patch it like the One-Chop (RIP).

With that said, this isn't gonna stop me form testing this out. Having a hitstun cancel like this would be INSANE, even if it's just for a short time. I'll report back later if I find anything worthwhile.
"stupidly hard to kill"

or simply "impossible"

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
Still no luck...

Hopefully not.
No, since Magister was in a FG 1V1.

Lloid Hitstun Cancel
Why not for a title..
Immortal Villager: LHC
Villager Lives Forever with LHC

LHC - Lloid Hitstun Cancel

Last edited:

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
Doctor Mario's Left Arm moves for some reason, at a point shortly after his down B ends & is also shortly after Villager gets launched. I don't what the reason behind that was. Make sure you guys watch it in 1080p. (Friendly fire is off btw)

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Still no luck...

No, since Magister was in a FG 1V1.

Why not for a title..
Immortal Villager: LHC
Villager Lives Forever with LHC

LHC - Lloid Hitstun Cancel
I called it Lloid Brake because it has properties similar to Game and Watch's Bucket Brake xD

It just sounds like a more fun title for the technique, since it HAS existed before, but in another character.

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
Doctor Mario's Left Arm moves for some reason, at a point shortly after his down B ends & is also shortly after Villager gets launched. I don't what the reason behind that was. Make sure you guys watch it in 1080p. (Friendly fire is off btw)
I don't think doc doesn't have anything to do with the lloid break itself, since it was Robin that initiated the launch.
I called it Lloid Brake because it has properties similar to Game and Watch's Bucket Brake xD

It just sounds like a more fun title for the technique, since it HAS existed before, but in another character.
Ooooh I see. Makes sense LOL
"stupidly hard to kill"

or simply "impossible"
Could be a certain percent range or KB amount, we don't know yet.
If it's impossible I'll be happy.
Let's go Villager MK tier :4villagerf:>:metaknight:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I've got an HD Capture card, probably like a few others here, but just puttin that out there, I'm down for getting that replay in HD, maybe having some alternate angles focusing on Robin and Villager ect

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
I've got an HD Capture card, probably like a few others here, but just puttin that out there, I'm down for getting that replay in HD, maybe having some alternate angles focusing on Robin and Villager ect
This. This. xD

Btw 'Hi' :3 Remember me? Probably not but its cool :D haha

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
You're the best, Sonsa~

Zerocakes

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZeroBox
3DS FC
1607-2766-5470
Guys I just managed to do this in training mode on 3DS.
i was against Robin and I was above 100% and he hit me with a smash (can't remember which one sorry) BUT I know the exact input I did to stop the hit stun. After getting hit, tap B then hold B in quick succession while holding left. I hope this helps and I'll continue to experiment with different characters and stuff! I'll report any more findings. Good luck villagers!

Last edited:
Top Bottom