• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lloid Braking - We Livin~

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
wow this is awesome! I have a home made hardware TAS tool for the wii u, ill play with the frame data and try to save a perfect run and share it here, with controller input framestamps. hopefully I'll have something to show this weekend!
Lookin forward to it =D We appreciate the help.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
wow this is awesome! I have a home made hardware TAS tool for the wii u, ill play with the frame data and try to save a perfect run and share it here, with controller input framestamps. hopefully I'll have something to show this weekend!
quietly reminding you this was a thing

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
What if............

What if

Because you got hit with a weaker attack while being hit with the stronger attack...lloid was able to activate when you would get out of hitstun from the weak attack, even if you should die due to the strong attack????

That would explain why it only seemed to work in Free for alls.......

@Mtn64 @AnchorTea @Sonsa Antonykun Antonykun

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
That's quite possible. And it would also make it useless for survivability in singles. :<
Not useless, just, situational. Like that Robin thing.

Still not sure if its just lightning attacks that trigger it tho .-.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Did it again. Still no answers to replicate. :<

https://twitter.com/willxvenus/status/705802815843643392

Edit: I always mash side b when I get hit at death %s.
Did you happen to post the replay online? Like on 'Smash-online'? haha Maybe you can send it to me or something? I wanna just see it frame by frame so i can maybe come up with a conclusion of my own. plzzz? ^_^"
my niid is TAISH0U (my mii is a hamburger...lol) add meee i'll send a friend request.
thanks~

Last edited:

xVenu5

Smash Cadet
NNID
xVenu5
I wish I could, but I don't have wifi. I have data on my phone which is how I recorded/posted. :< my bad.

xVenu5

Smash Cadet
NNID
xVenu5
Not useless, just, situational. Like that Robin thing.

Still not sure if its just lightning attacks that trigger it tho .-.
Yea, you're right. Conditions, conditions.

Sorry for double post. Still trying to figure out mac on my iPhone x SmashBoards.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Did you happen to post the replay online? Like on 'Smash-online'? haha Maybe you can send it to me or something? I wanna just see it frame by frame so i can maybe come up with a conclusion of my own. plzzz? ^_^"
my niid is TAISH0U (my mii is a hamburger...lol) add meee i'll send a friend request.
thanks~
Should be easy to try out my theory tho. Use Robin, arcthunder, then as the villager is being hit, ftilt or uptilt them with the weak blade. Mash side B.

EDIT:

THATS IT.

IT WORKS.

I FIGURED IT OUT

OMG

EDIT 2:

Last edited:

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Well unfortunately since its not really Villager initiating the 'brake' and is *fully dependent on the second smaller hit* afterall, (Or even villager specific for that matter) I don't really see a conscious purpose for this outside of free for alls and maybe competitive 2v2?
And since i labbed a bit with it right now, only electricity based attacks can cause it to happen. Making it even more niche. And thats not mentioning the small window for reaction to pull it off in the first place, where you must input Lloid in the 2-9 frames of hitstun (or hit lag w/e) that most moves have, where you probably are holding on to R to sheild anyways.

But negativity aside,personally Tested moves so far include:
-Samus charge shot
-Corrins charge shot (Dragon Claw must not hit*)
-Ness' PK thunder 2
-Doc Mario's Fsmash
-Robin's smash attacks and neutral specials.

Though I didn't test Pikachu or Falcon's knee im positive they will work. As for Normal and Fire type moves apparently, do not work. Though don't take my word for it just yet, but i spent at least 20 mins testing on different kinds of Fire type moves ( Charizards side B, Roy's Neutral B, Falcon Punch,) and ultimately did not land it once,where with electric moves i got it on my first try. Just my conclusion. Thanks for nothing dumb-dumb Colfart~

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Well unfortunately since its not really Villager initiating the 'brake' and is *fully dependent on the second smaller hit* afterall, (Or even villager specific for that matter) I don't really see a conscious purpose for this outside of free for alls and maybe competitive 2v2?
And since i labbed a bit with it right now, only electricity based attacks can cause it to happen. Making it even more niche. And thats not mentioning the small window for reaction to pull it off in the first place, where you must input Lloid in the 2-9 frames of hitstun (or hit lag w/e) that most moves have, where you probably are holding on to R to sheild anyways.

But negativity aside,personally Tested moves so far include:
-Samus charge shot
-Corrins charge shot (Dragon Claw must not hit*)
-Ness' PK thunder 2
-Doc Mario's Fsmash
-Robin's smash attacks and neutral specials.

Though I didn't test Pikachu or Falcon's knee im positive they will work. As for Normal and Fire type moves apparently, do not work. Though don't take my word for it just yet, but i spent at least 20 mins testing on different kinds of Fire type moves ( Charizards side B, Roy's Neutral B, Falcon Punch,) and ultimately did not land it once,where with electric moves i got it on my first try. Just my conclusion. Thanks for nothing dumb-dumb Colfart~
I think this literally will only be good vs Robin

The inputs themselves, thankfully are super easy since you just need to mash side B, which any villager would do anyways to survive.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
I think this literally will only be good vs Robin

The inputs themselves, thankfully are super easy since you just need to mash side B, which any villager would do anyways to survive.
Oh yeah I forgot to touch up on that. Yeahhh Basically only Robin uses this much electricity haha. Pikachu though if anyone has tested seems likely to be another good contestant. But this happening is just unlikely, given what circumstance actually does cause it. p.s you smell :p

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Oh yeah I forgot to touch up on that. Yeahhh Basically only Robin uses this much electricity haha. Pikachu though if anyone has tested seems likely to be another good contestant. But this happening is just unlikely, given what circumstance actually does cause it. p.s you smell :p
Well Robin does arcthunder followups frequently so its not unlikely when fighting him :o Tho you should be pocketing arcthunders anyways, but this is a way not to die from them if say, you get arcthundered, then faired with a non-smash aerial.

Villyness

Dedicated Protector
NNID
SuckerFlash
3DS FC
2664-2676-2381
(Sorry about the quality [you can turn it up to 720 but it's still not amazing]; first 10 seconds are relevant; rest is w/e)

I got my shield broken by Jeff (we had some items on as you can see) and got full charge fsmash by Pika, then went nowhere and instead rode lloid. I have a habit of holding down side b before I get launched so I wasn't rapid mashing.

I assume this is Lloid Braking yeah? I doubt having items muddied the situation but it is a possibility.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
(Sorry about the quality [you can turn it up to 720 but it's still not amazing]; first 10 seconds are relevant; rest is w/e)

I got my shield broken by Jeff (we had some items on as you can see) and got full charge fsmash by Pika, then went nowhere and instead rode lloid. I have a habit of holding down side b before I get launched so I wasn't rapid mashing.

I assume this is Lloid Braking yeah? I doubt having items muddied the situation but it is a possibility.
...WWWAAA?

In lloid braking you at least, fly a bit......

....time to research.

TY for this

Top Bottom