• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Live for the Swarm - Recruit Alexei Stukov for Smash Bros! (NOW ELIGIBLE FOR LOCKING)

Would YOU want Stukov in Smash?

• Total voters

GolisoPower

Smash Master
ALEXEI STUKOV:

Who Is He?:

Alexei Stukov was an admiral and second-in-command for the UED Expeditionary Fleet of the StarCraft Universe who has now become an infested human who leads the Zerg armies. Up to his death and reanimation, Stukov had it really hard, even being betrayed by his own armies and killed.

Why Him?:

Believe it or not, StarCraft has a port for the Nintendo 64 and said franchise is one of the most popular RTS games out there. Now I know what you’re thinking: “If any StarCraft characters were to make it in, why not someone like Tychus or Kerrigan?” Well here’s the thing: Stukov was the main focus of an N64-exclusive campaign, and he’s also just as popular as those two from what I could find. Also, Smash needs more villains and Stukov fits that category just fine!

What would make him unique?:

As a human infested by Zerg, he’d be super unique! He could have a play style that indirectly makes him stronger by weakening his opponents with pathogens thanks to his alien flesh. His giant arm can also be great for a grapple game as well.

What does he have going against him?:

Even if we live in a world where Western 3rd parties like Crash and Doom Slayer are possible for Smash, Stukov is still quite a stretch, and I’m not talking about one of his Ultimates from Heroes of the Storm. Blizzard hasn’t released a Nintendo game since StarCraft 64, and even then said game was released a long time ago. Also, with rumors of a Diablo III port for the Switch as well as the popular opinion of Overwatch for Switch, there seem to be better options out there.

I know, this is just too ridiculous for a 3rd party choice, but this is still worth a shot!

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
If you have a moveset you should write it down. Maybe borrow from SC2 co-op and HoTS. I'll still support any Zerg Representation.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Alright: Here's a moveset for Stukov:

Summary: Stukov is a complicated zoner that relies on infesting his opponents to give himself indirect buffing. Stukov relies on his Zerg-half to fight, but there are downsides: despite his reach and zoning capability, Stukov is quite slow and because of his giant arm, can be left open with his physical attacks. His knockback is also very high, making his combo game low. But his Zerg arm is powerful, giving him one of the best grab games in Smash Bros., allowing him to KO at early percentages. It is recommended to keep your distance as Stukov and be in the right position on the stage to achieve victory.

Jab: Single horizontal swipe with his Zerg arm. Has long reach, but doesn't hit as hard. Can be used as a combo starter.

Side tilt: A claw swipe. Doesn't have as much range, but deals some decent damage.

Up tilt: Stukov stabs upwards with the spikes on his shoulders.

Down tilt: Stukov slashes upward with the claws of his Zerg arm.

N-Air: Stukov swings his arm around himself, damaging anyone within radius.

F-air: Stukov fires a Corrosive Blast in front of him. Deals 1% damage to an opponent on hit over 8 seconds. The Corrosive Blast will go the same range as Mega Man's Crash Bomber before disappearing.

D-air: Stukov stomps beneath him with a single foot. Deals some decent damage on hit.

B-air: Stukov elbows behind him with his Zerg arm.

U-air: Stukov waves his arm upwards. Goes slow, but has some decent range.

Side smash: Stukov swipes three times with his Zerg arm, increasing in range with each swipe. Based on his Flailing Swipe ult from Heroes of the Storm.

Up smash: Stukov reels back and smashes his Zerg fist into the ground before causing said arm to erupt from the ground, hitting anyone above him. Seems similar to Bayonetta's at first, but Stukov crouches when using this, making it harder for him to be hit during the eruption.

Down smash: Stukov drops two Infested Terrans that fire in both directions before disappearing.

Grab: Stukov stretches his arm forward and grabs the opponent. Has very impressive range due to its size.

Pummel: Stukov squeezes the opponent in his grip.

F-throw: Stukov shoots a Corrosive Blast at point blank, dealing the full damage of the throw over 12 seconds and dealing high knockback.

D-throw: Stukov smashes the opponent into the ground three times, the final blow dealing the knockback.

B-throw: Stukov simply throws the opponent behind him.

U-throw: Stukov throws the opponent into the air and summons an Infested Terran who shoots a blast that heavily damages the opponent.

Neutral B: Weighted Pustule/Bio-Kill Switch: Stukov fires a large purple orb that attaches to the opponent and deals 6% damage over 3 seconds. While this is active, the opponent's movement speed is slowed down by 25%, which is bad for fast characters like Sonic and Little Mac. If there is already a Pustule on the battlefield, Stukov will use Bio-Kill Switch, which detonates the pustule. When the pustule detonates on command or after the 3 seconds, it deals an additional 8% damage to the opponent and all others surrounding them in a one-Greninja radius.

Side B: Aleksander: Stukov calls the Aleksander and commands a bomb drop at a distance based on how long the button is held, similarly to Greninja's Shadow Sneak. The bomb can be destroyed while in mid-air and deals 13% damage if it hits an opponent. This can be used as a sort of anti-air or a kill move that takes advantage of Weighted Pustule.

Up B: Massive Shove: Stukov extends his arm up to half a Final Destination length, destroying any projectiles and pushing any opponents. When reaching the full length, this deals 9% damage on hit and deals immense knockback. The player can use the joystick to angle this move. If Massive Shove hits a ledge, Stukov will immediately reel himself in.

Down B: Lurking Arm: Stukov will shove his arm into the ground. In this state, the player can tilt the joystick to choose a position anywhere on the platform he is standing on and press the B button again to release it to create a two-Bowser-wide AOE that lasts for 6 seconds and slows down opponents inside by 50%. Also deals 12% damage to anyone over the course of that duration as long as they stand in that area. Stukov can dash cancel out of this move instead of deploying the area.

Final Smash: Apocalisk: Stukov will summon the Apocalisk, a giant Ultralisk clad in Terran Thor armor, which releases a stream of fire from the mounted flamethrowers for 2 seconds before charging forwards, similarly to Beast Ganon. The summoning stuns all opponents in front of the Apocalisk relative to its height and the flamethrowers deal 6% damage before the final charge deals an additional 26% damage that launches the opponent.

Open for judgement here. :)

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Ah, now this one speaks to me a little bit. I did consider the possibility of a StarCraft character in Smash due to SC64. I always considered it a long shot, but still plausible.

The thing is though, I'm not sure if Stukov is the one who should be in the game. He is a character who originated from the Brood War expansion where he wasn't even treated as a main character in his own right. He made a comeback in SC2 Heart of the Swarm, but even there he was only a secondary character. If anyone should represent StarCraft in Smash, it should be the one and only cowboy marshall Jim Raynor,

Raynor has plenty of Terran tech that could make him a formidable and interesting fighter in Smash. As it stands, I totally support the idea of SC getting a character in Smash but I don't want it to be Stukov.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Ah, now this one speaks to me a little bit. I did consider the possibility of a StarCraft character in Smash due to SC64. I always considered it a long shot, but still plausible.

The thing is though, I'm not sure if Stukov is the one who should be in the game. He is a character who originated from the Brood War expansion where he wasn't even treated as a main character in his own right. He made a comeback in SC2 Heart of the Swarm, but even there he was only a secondary character. If anyone should represent StarCraft in Smash, it should be the one and only cowboy marshall Jim Raynor,

Raynor has plenty of Terran tech that could make him a formidable and interesting fighter in Smash. As it stands, I totally support the idea of SC getting a character in Smash but I don't want it to be Stukov.
A respectable view and a respectable idea for an SC character.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Are there a lot of Starcraft fans that also play Smash?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
You couldn't even pick a POPULAR Starcraft character?
Well, as I said, Stukov appeared in and was the focus of an N64-exclusive campaign mission, but now that I think about it, I guess Kerrigan would've been a better choice.

Top Bottom