• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little Mac V. Rosalina

Mini_Mac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
G_Czech
Now before I start writing what I wanted to write, let me explicitly elaborate on something I hate hearing whenever I have a matchup question as a Mac main. Don't reply by saying "Change your main. Mac sucks." The purpose of me asking this is part of an effort to seek advice for a certain matchup that I am having issues with. That being said, lets get on with what I wanted to ask.

I absolutly despise Rosalina regardless of who I use to fight against her. She is cheap, annoying, unfair, and all around JANK. There is only one character who when I use against Rosalina, I feel like punching a few holes in my wall because of how jank the matchup is and that is her versus Little Mac. I literally have such a hard time trying to get close enough to kill Luma and even when I do kill him, I can never ever seem to get at a safe enough distance to where I can rack up some damage no matter how patient I am considering her run speed is decently fast and her hitboxes (including her stupid as hell dash attack) are so disjointed'ly jank. More than 85% of the time where I let patience and defensive stradegies take over and wait out an opprotunity to go for an attack, it ends up wasting time and going into sudden death or me losing because I am down by a stock.

Please ANYONE!! If you are familiar with this matchup in anyway, please lend me some tips on how I can combat against Rosalina better with my Little Mac. Thank you and you all have a happy holidays!

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Now before I start writing what I wanted to write, let me explicitly elaborate on something I hate hearing whenever I have a matchup question as a Mac main. Don't reply by saying "Change your main. Mac sucks." The purpose of me asking this is part of an effort to seek advice for a certain matchup that I am having issues with. That being said, lets get on with what I wanted to ask.

I absolutly despise Rosalina regardless of who I use to fight against her. She is cheap, annoying, unfair, and all around JANK. There is only one character who when I use against Rosalina, I feel like punching a few holes in my wall because of how jank the matchup is and that is her versus Little Mac. I literally have such a hard time trying to get close enough to kill Luma and even when I do kill him, I can never ever seem to get at a safe enough distance to where I can rack up some damage no matter how patient I am considering her run speed is decently fast and her hitboxes (including her stupid as hell dash attack) are so disjointed'ly jank. More than 85% of the time where I let patience and defensive stradegies take over and wait out an opprotunity to go for an attack, it ends up wasting time and going into sudden death or me losing because I am down by a stock.

Please ANYONE!! If you are familiar with this matchup in anyway, please lend me some tips on how I can combat against Rosalina better with my Little Mac. Thank you and you all have a happy holidays!
Yes, I can sympathize with you on this. I previously (but should not have) said on another thread not to long ago that her attacks take on the knockback values of Luma's moves while she is without a Luma. I'm lucky I'm not taking **** from the anti-:rosalina: players about that thus far, but enough talk.

Let me point out some basics: :4littlemac: is a speed demon on the ground; his neutral game is wonderful on Final Destination and Omega forms of all stages; smash attacks have some launch resistance; air game has almost no use. You will most likely fare well against :rosalina: on Final Destination. Elsewhere, his neutral game suffers due platforms for other people to take advantage of.

Other than that, the :4littlemac: & :rosalina: threads can give you more detailed info on this particular matchup.

Top Bottom