• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little Mac Combo Thread

jet56

Smash Journeyman
TBH, i have seen discussion, but not a thread compiling all the little mac combos together. well i went ahead and took everything i knew and labbed, and put it all in here. this will also be open to add other combos and strings that people may discover.

I'll first split up all the characters in the game into 4 categories based on their weight and fall speed, and then list little mac combos and the percentages they work at.

Midweights: :4mario::4drmario::4villager::4luigi::4pit::4darkpit::4wiifit::4robinm::4sonic::4pacman::4lucas::4ness::4tlink::4diddy::4palutena::4duckhunt::4marth::4lucina::4peach:
Lightweights::4zss::4littlemac::4zelda::rosalina::4olimar::4kirby::4gaw::4mewtwo::4jigglypuff:
Heavyweights: :4miisword::4miibrawl::4miif::4lucario::4shulk::4yoshi::4rob::4wario2::4myfriends::4samus::4bowserjr::4ganondorf::4charizard::4dk::4bowser::4dedede:
fastfallers: :4pikachu::4ryu::4link::4metaknight::4sheik::4megaman::4feroy::4falcon::4falco::4greninja::4fox:

DISCLAMER: THE FOLLOWING COMBOS AND PERCENTAGES DO NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT DI FROM THE OPPONENT, RAGE, AND STALING. THE PERCENTS WERE ALSO DONE IN TRAINING MODE, AND I ONLY USED ONE CHARACTER FOR EACH CATEGORY WHEN I DID THE TESTING.

ASSUME MAYBE A 5-10% DISCREPANCY

now, without further ado:

LITTLE MAC TRUE COMBOS:
:4mario: :4jigglypuff: :4bowser::4falcon:
Dtilt>Ppivot Utilt /25-60 /NA /25-66 /32-86
Dtilt>jab /0-27 /0-1 / 0-60 /0-53
Dtilt>SideB /24-49 /19-30 /28-63 /25-91
Dtilt>UpB /37-199 /45-150 /0-220 /0-227
Dtilt>Ftilt /0-10 /NA /0-30 / 0-50
Dtilt>fair /82-107 /79-82 /89-113 /68-139
Dtilt>Fusmash /NA /NA /NA /70-88
Dtilt>Usmash /45-50~81-85 /NA /53-60 /40-50~81-112
Dtilt>Dsmash /NA /NA /NA /32-50
Dtilt>KO /25-73 /25-45 /28-72 /25-95
Utilt>UpB /34-97 /30-70 /24-108 /34-120
Uair>Jab /37-60 /37-40 /37-82 /37-95
Uair>upB /85-215 /80-170 /60-200 /82-225
Uair>dtilt /46-64 /NA /52-69 /46-75
Uair>Utilt /60-79 /NA /64-77 /75-105
Uair>Ftilt /NA /NA /NA /52-85
Uair>SideB /NA /NA /NA /77-100
jab>upB /160-480 /132-375 /179-540 /160-525
Dshatt>Dshatt /NA /NA /NA /0-20
Fusmash>UpB /17-45 /NA /26-55 /20-70

Throw combos:
Dthrow>Up B*
Uthrow>Up B*
Bold: Midweights Italicized: Lightweights Underlined: Heavyweights Regular: Fastfallers

The characters i used to gather these percents are shown next to the categories up above. also, keep in mind that attacks such as uair and fsmash and other moves have sour spots, which may change the results. and as mentioned above, this was done without rage or di involved. there are other combos i could have included, but they have such a small window and would only work on a handful of characters, so i decided to exclude them. if i did miss anything, or if you feel i should edit or add something, or if i made a mistake, please let me know. Thanks for reading and responding guys!

http://smashboards.com/threads/little-mac-d-tilt-string-length.413969/#post-20470687 credit goes to splash for finding all these, this is a list of how many times you can dtilt each character from 0%.
Edit: sorry it's not the best organized wise, doing this kinda late. ill be improving when i have time.
Edit 2: found some more combos with uair, and will also start a list of little mac strings soon as well (Not true combos).

*only true at high percents for all characters 80% no rage, and only with poor or no di from the opponent.

Last edited:

Splash Damage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Grab_N_Go
Figure this is the best place to put these…
Essentially, 'safe range' means the % where they can no longer punish side B's endlag on/during landing. I've only done it for prevalent tournament characters(and a few less prevalent that I see often). Rounded to multiples of 5 for simplicities' sake.
Mario-35%-Unsafe at 0%(Can get first hit Dair or jabs/dsmash upon landing if Dtilt is spaced well)
Luigi-20%-Unsafe at 0%(Jab, down b)
Diddy-35%-Unsafe at 0%(B-air, maybe nair/up air
Rosa no luma-15%(could maybe fastfall b-air?)-Safe at 0%
Sheik-25%(two down tilts used as it still true combos)-Safe at 0
Marth-35%-Unsafe at 0%(Side B)
Fox-Never unsafe, use it all you like-Can land and shield at 0%
MK-20%-Can Up B or tornado out at 0%
Falcon-25%-Safe at 0%
ZSS-25%-Safe at 0
Sonic-30%-Unsafe at 0%(Timed jab, up b, side b)
Pac Man-25%-Unsafe at 0%
Doc-30%-Unsafe at 0%(Jab, Dsmash, Down B)
Ness-25~30%(Nair whiffs if Dtilt is poorly spaced)-Unsafe at 0%
Lucario-10%(can get first hit of dair, but even then that's negative on hit)-Can side B to punish at 0%, but nothing else
Rob-35%(can't escape with nair, but can with fair at 30%)-Unsafe at 0%(Side b)
Megaman-25%-safe at 0%
In my opinion, D-tilt>Side B is his best combo for damage. At least 22%, at most 38%. Avoids staling common kill moves(Side B is more of a once-a-set kill option) while staling a useful combo tool to make Dtilt>up B easier. It's best shown off in most of Chota's matches, where he uses it as a great way to deal plenty of damage and gain some extremely favorable stage positioning from even being backed into a corner. This is especially useful when all you have to do is snag them with a frame 3 transcendent move and suddenly you've reversed the roles of the stage.
Currently making a list of the Dtilt>Up B Kill %s against all characters on BF, FD, &TaC. Will post when done.

jet56

Smash Journeyman
cool, i was actually looking for that, i might also find your dtilt post and use that as well.

jet56

Smash Journeyman
Got it right here, and I can link the BF platform lock stuff too if you need it.
Oh crap, i forgot the jab lock setups. yeah, link me that and im gonna have to find jab lock setups from neutral like Dtilt>Nair>Footstool>Dair jab lock setups and percents. im also labbing for (Yes im trying) any true throw combos at any percent.

Splash Damage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Grab_N_Go
Got you covered.
Also, Up Air>KO punch is a true combo that works for ~10% after Dtilt>KO punch. Could work off spot dodge reads since people never shield when you have it I suppose?
Also RAR Bair>Side B at around 100% from center stage, Dtilt/Utilt>Fair strings to bait air dodges for dewdas, all that good stuff.
you guys are awesome.
:]

Last edited:

jet56

Smash Journeyman
K im back from testing, and the only true combos from throws for mac are:
Uthrow>up B
Dthrow>up B

Note that these are only possible with bad or no DI, and they must be at pretty high percent as well, at least above 80%. i'll include them in the op anyway with a note of this.

One Punch Derk

Smash Cadet
User was warned for this multi-post
I pulled this off during the 3DS days.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NCSrAzXQ9E&list=PL8QOZrSb0z1PHNebeI2X47vW7Q3SyeILa&index=6
I think this still works, but this is old. Also I almost finished with fSmash, but Bowser fell off-stage.
Combo at 1:10.

Also, on Falcon @ 0%
dTilt-> dTilt-> sideB (no/poor DI) you will near them, dTilt-> dSmash. I pull this off pretty consistently vs Falcon, but I normally play scrubs like myself on FG. I can't remember the exact % but I think is at least a solid 35%.

Also, this isn't really a combo, just more of a useful tidbit of information vs Falcon. You can sometimes nAir out of his dThrow to upAir strings. This works pretty well if you DI up & in. It's not really that optimal, but it's better to play unpredictable sometimes.

On F-Fallers, fSmash(Upper) -> uTilt-> upB.
at mid-high %'s fSmash(Low) -> running sweet-spot upSmash. It's a decent KO setup, but it's kind of hard to hit fSmash(low) in the neutral without foxtrotting.

Mac can cancel rapid-jab to KO punch/SideB/upB/downB, when on the ledge facing inward.
Rapid jab causes push-back making Mac slide off-stage. Spamming :GCB: will result in "ledge-canceled" special. I believe any special works. I also having found a character this doesn't work on.

*EDIT: Vid Posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3PWU59A-tQ

Last edited by a moderator:

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
dash atk also can combo into side b, up b, uair, fair and usmash

dash atk > up-fsmash not a true-combo but some chars get frame trapped

inconspikuous

Smash Journeyman

dash attack also combos into pp utilt. but all of that other stuff phyto?? is that true?

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
dash attack also combos into pp utilt. but all of that other stuff phyto?? is that true?
yep. up b, usmash, uair, fair combo if you get the "headbutt" hitbox (where its like you hit them super close from the beginning of the attack and sends them straight up)

dash atk to side b at low% is easy to connect on non lightweights

dash atk to KO punch can also frame trap certain chars

jet56

Smash Journeyman

ill lab these, and see when they true combo and on at what percents.

ill be honest here, i didn't include dash attack combos, cause i don't like people throwing it out in neutral, and most of the dash attack true combos are at low percents, and i feel there are safer and better combos to use at low percents. but this is a combo thread, so i can't be biased here :D.

jet56

Smash Journeyman
I pulled this off during the 3DS days.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NCSrAzXQ9E&list=PL8QOZrSb0z1PHNebeI2X47vW7Q3SyeILa&index=6
I think this still works, but this is old. Also I almost finished with fSmash, but Bowser fell off-stage.
Combo at 1:10.

Also, on Falcon @ 0%
dTilt-> dTilt-> sideB (no/poor DI) you will near them, dTilt-> dSmash. I pull this off pretty consistently vs Falcon, but I normally play scrubs like myself on FG. I can't remember the exact % but I think is at least a solid 35%.

Also, this isn't really a combo, just more of a useful tidbit of information vs Falcon. You can sometimes nAir out of his dThrow to upAir strings. This works pretty well if you DI up & in. It's not really that optimal, but it's better to play unpredictable sometimes.

On F-Fallers, fSmash(Upper) -> uTilt-> upB.
at mid-high %'s fSmash(Low) -> running sweet-spot upSmash. It's a decent KO setup, but it's kind of hard to hit fSmash(low) in the neutral without foxtrotting.

Mac can cancel rapid-jab to KO punch/SideB/upB/downB, when on the ledge facing inward.
Rapid jab causes push-back making Mac slide off-stage. Spamming :GCB: will result in "ledge-canceled" special. I believe any special works. I also having found a character this doesn't work on.

*EDIT: Vid Posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3PWU59A-tQ
love the vid to start off.

the jab jab to dtilt is not registered as a true combo in the training mode, and fast acting aerials can interuppt it, the window is small though, and the dtilt to fair is true. however there are no true follow ups after fair at any percents, but a fsmash is still a solid string, or another jab jab as well.

ill lab these and see when they work and on what characters, and ill also give a mention to ledge canceled specials as well in the OP.

just to note guys, im only trying to add "True combos" into the OP, so it doesn't get cluttered with a bunch of situational strings, set-ups and mixups, i however do not mind discussion on it at all.

Rekzius

Smash Apprentice
Has down-tilt to perfect pivot up-tilt to B-reversed KO punch been tested? If it is a true combo it could probably work as a zero to death. I would test it myself, but i don`t have the time right now.

jet56

Smash Journeyman
Has down-tilt to perfect pivot up-tilt to B-reversed KO punch been tested? If it is a true combo it could probably work as a zero to death. I would test it myself, but i don`t have the time right now.
down tilt>p pivot utilt doesn't start true comboing till 25%, by which point you could just do a Dtilt>K.O. punch to get the kill. can it true combo? yes, but its hardly necessary.

jet56

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, so with the recent buff to utilt (comes out frame 4, better angle, last a frame longer), little macs combo potential went way up. at low percents:
(Front)Utilt>jab
(Front)Utilt>Dtilt
(Back)Utilt>Turnaround jab

at specific mid percents:
Utilt>Usmash>Up B.

which means you can do stuff like this:
https://gfycat.com/TastyBareGrunion

since jab, utilt, and dtilt all true combo into each other (the only one that doesn't true combo is Jab>Dtilt, and that's at low percents, while Dtilt>Jab is true.) you can pull off true combos like:
Utilt>Dtilt>Utilt>PP Utilt>Turnaround jab>Dtilt>PP Utilt>Usmash>UpB.
on mid or lighter weights, the combo won't be that long, as it will probably be a single utilt>Dtilt before you go for a PP. but the potential is there, and i have been consistenly pulling off 40-60% combos at 0-Low percents. ill add the specific percents the combos work on in the OP later on.

Contrast_94

Smash Rookie
I found something really interesting I don't think is listed.
The back of Little Mac's U-tilt behaves alot like his D-tilt does and he even has kill confirm off of back of u-tilt into KO punch.

Back of U-tilt into f-air is true on some characters and from there you can just get a tech chase or reads.
On fast fallers at 0% Back of U-tilt 2x turn around D-tilt to KO punch/Dash attack.
Back of U-tilt into PP u-tilt is something obviously good for juggling
Back of u-tilt turn around 3 hit jab then bait or armor through something
There are alot more possibilities but I can't list everything

I found a way to combo d-tilt into the back of u-tilt using a frame perfect turn around but it is really difficult and I don't think I'd be able to use it in a real fight yet.

Things to note is that the front of u-tilt sends them directly above unless DI
The Back of U-tilt sends them above and behind unless DI

Top Bottom