• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little Mac Combo Thread

Nat Goméz

Smash Apprentice
Hi guys, well I figured since they have combo threads in other Character forums, why wouldn't we?

Well I want to start sharing some of the combos I use, Dtilt is a great combo starter:

(low %) Dtilt > Ftilt. Appears to be a
true combo.

(low %) Dtilt > Dtilt > Haymaker. Does 30%

(low %) Dtilt > Up tilted fsmash >
Rising uppercut. Is a combo that racks
34%.

(low %) Against heavys sometimes you
can even do two or even three Dtilts
at the start of that ^ combo. It ends
up like this:

Dtilt > Dtilt > Dtilt > Up tilted fmash >
small dash > Rising uppercut. Is
pretty impressive to start with a
48-50% advantage.

(mid-high %) Dtilt > Up tilted fsmash.
Still my bread and buter combo to
connect a smash, but sends them to
far away to combo into up b. Does
27%.

(low-high) Dtilt > Small dash > Rising
uppercut. Doesn't rack to much
damage but it's still a good Kill setup
at 100-120% out of a 3 frames move.
You should dash exactly after the
Dtilt.

And other obvious like

Dtilt > Dtilt.

Dtilt > KO punch.

One thing that you should know is that at 0% swetspoted usmash combos into dtilt (28%) and from there you can do the other ^ combos. My best combination is usmash > dtilt > uptilted fsmash > small dash (if necessary) > up b.

50% total for a combo that you can do out of a dash.

Also at 0% Uptilted Fmash (19% damage) combos into KO punch. A KO combo at 0% is Dtilt > Uptilted fsmash > KO punch (works in heavies and midweight).

Well that's all for now, hope you can share some of your combos and I hope this ones help you in your battles. Happy punching!

Quisciens

Smash Cadet
0% combo: Dtilt -> FSmash UPPERCUT -> Utilt -> Utilt(Optional) -> USmash -> Rising Uppercut
Does around 41-43%. With the second utilt, does 49%.

Last edited:

Renegade TX2000

Smash Ace
My favorite combo is situational. You know when Dsmash at low percent from 0%-30% where dsmash hits twice on both sides? well if you know which side they will end up going you can follow up with dash attack.

Quisciens

Smash Cadet
Low % combo: Dash Attack -> Jolt Haymaker, will require you to attack early with the Haymaker.
20% combo: One-two-three jabs, haymaker, dtilt, fsmash UPPERCUT. This relies on a missed tech, and has potential to deal 50%.

Last edited:

Nat Goméz

Smash Apprentice
Nice combos, @ Renegade TX2000 Renegade TX2000 this one should end up doing 34% percent total (dsmash 12% > dsmash 12% > dash attack 10%). Althogh the double hit dsmash is pretty ramdom to me. Don't know when it should happen exactly

Dash attack to haymaker should end up doing 24% total. Thanks :)

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Rapid jab > edge cancel KO Punch

Situational, but imo really important to know. Any guaranteed KO Punch setups are good, and better yet, because KO Punch is unblockable, this even works on shield. Note that you have to be on solid ground for it, platforms you can fall through give you the aerial KO Punch instead.

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
so this one is dependent on character weight (# of u/d - tilts can vary) and whether or not they tech.

utilt > utilt > dtilt> dtilt> sideb> dtilt (or start a tech chase) > nair > footstool > dair > [forced get up, so do whatever you want/ or if you failed the reset, tech chase] once again depending on the character you can also go again for a dtilt > nair > footstool > dair lock or dFsmash > dair lock.

so on a char like capt falcon for example who missed techs this is the longest string i could come up with: italics = true /inescapable combo > = missed tech

utilt > utilt > dtilt > dtilt > side b > dtilt > dtilt > nair > footstool > dair > dtilt > nair > footstool > dair > dtilt > nair > footstool > dair > dtilt > nair > footstool > dair > dFsmash > side b = (without staled moves) 148%

for stringing dtilt, you need to time them right otherwise they could airdodge/jump

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I catch a good deal of players in this string:

Jab 1, Jab 2, Dtilt, Jump Canceled Usmash for 32%.

Quisciens

Smash Cadet
Weight dependent, should work against most characters:
0-4% to 52-56%:
One-two-three jabs -> Dtilt -> Fsmash upper -> shorthop Haymaker

Captain Justice

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nacholovr
3DS FC
1848-1848-8415
Against taller characters, SH Fair -> Ftilt provides an unorthodox approach for Little Mac. SH Fair -> Dtilt -> Usmash works well on low percents.
You can also jab twice at the very beginning of the combo to add some more damage.

Last edited:

Splash Damage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Grab_N_Go
I'm about to do some testing for this, I wonder now that customs are allowed if at any % D-tilt near ledge to quick Grounding Blow could potentially be a spike setup.

Deadzombie

Smash Rookie
dtilt > Ftilt > side b (low% 35)

dtilt > dtilt > body blow > dash punch into side b
or low % Ftilt

I need some shield buster set ups

Last edited:

cot(θ)

Smash Journeyman
so this one is dependent on character weight (# of u/d - tilts can vary) and whether or not they tech.

utilt > utilt > dtilt> dtilt> sideb> dtilt (or start a tech chase) > nair > footstool > dair > [forced get up, so do whatever you want/ or if you failed the reset, tech chase] once again depending on the character you can also go again for a dtilt > nair > footstool > dair lock or dFsmash > dair lock.

so on a char like capt falcon for example who missed techs this is the longest string i could come up with: italics = true /inescapable combo > = missed tech

utilt > utilt > dtilt > dtilt > side b > dtilt > dtilt > nair > footstool > dair > dtilt > nair > footstool > dair > dtilt > nair > footstool > dair > dtilt > nair > footstool > dair > dFsmash > side b = (without staled moves) 148%

for stringing dtilt, you need to time them right otherwise they could airdodge/jump
Nair > anything is not a true combo.

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
Nair > anything is not a true combo.
well I dont believe Capt Falcon could escape nair footstool, though youre right a character with a fast enough move could escape given they react to it

also; if thats the case, just take out the nairs from my combo string. you can footstool straight from a dtilt, i just added in the nairs for extra damage.

Last edited:

cot(θ)

Smash Journeyman
well I dont believe Capt Falcon could escape nair footstool, though youre right a character with a fast enough move could escape given they react to it

also; if thats the case, just take out the nairs from my combo string. you can footstool straight from a dtilt, i just added in the nairs for extra damage.
Good point. Also, try using Smash Uppercut (Up-3) after one of those footstool-Dairs to kill around 50-60%

fudgecenter

Smash Rookie
So i was thinking...if you grab someone and pummel them until they break then k.o. punch right after it breaks will the k.o punch land because he takes a little step forward? I was thinking this could catch people off guard

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
Good point. Also, try using Smash Uppercut (Up-3) after one of those footstool-Dairs to kill around 50-60%
hey good idea. i hadn't unlocked any custom moves when i came up with the original combo string. so with customs this is a guaranteed 0-death if they do not tech the jolt haymaker

So i was thinking...if you grab someone and pummel them until they break then k.o. punch right after it breaks will the k.o punch land because he takes a little step forward? I was thinking this could catch people off guard
iirc, he just stands in place while doing the punch

Last edited:

Zodiacx10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zodiacx10
i have one i was working on in the lab. i tested it against captain falcon, so i think this would work on most fast fallers.

dtilt
dtilt (only on fast fallers)
ftilt
run up and short hop and jab lock with dair
charged down angled forward smash
does 56% with the two dtilts or 48% with just the one
this is a true combo if they miss their tech i think

then after that if they shield you can follow up with...

run up and grab (or roll cancel grab if you're feeling fancy :p)
pummel 3 times
forward throw
run up and short hop and jab lock with dair
charged down angled forward smash
run up and upsmash for teh kill
idk if this one is a combo or not, at least it is a nice string

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Setting the cstick to tilt, I can easily follow a dtilt into a perfect pivot utilt. I think this has some pretty good potential, like that utilt could lead into another utilt or usmash, and either could probably be followed by up b.

NBHarty789

Smash Rookie
I find jab > jab(depending on percent and character) > KO punch to be a very reliable if not true combo

Top Bottom