• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Completed Literally a stage v1.1 (Custom Stage)

TDRR

Smash Journeyman
Since I haven't seen enough stage imports around here, I decided to make one myself. I didn't have any good ideas, so I just went "hmmm, what stage idea could be interesting?", until I realized "wait, I can just make a literal stage!"

And then this happened:
literalstage2.png

literalstage1.png
Well, okay that's not the real story but hey it's a literal stage anyways!

Replaces: Melee Yoshi's Island (GrYt.dat)
Real console compatible?: Yes!
Vertex and polycount: 112 verts and 158 tris. Probably lower poly than even SSB64's stages!
Origin: One Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi project of mine, as a sad and ugly placeholder. It's still sad and ugly, but it has a more permanent home in Melee now!

-Shadows get projected on the background, which isn't a bug but it shouldn't happen when the characters are on-stage.

Dunno what else to say, it's just a literal stage so uh, go get it I guess?

Attachments

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
I was checking out this stage and noticed that the area (collision group) for the stage is off a bit:
1594685844868.png

If you move that over to around -200 it should fix most if not all of the issues with that wall:
1594686317864.png

Also, although you said the walls weren't wall-jumpable, I could wall-jump off of them with the characters I tested with (Y. Link & Samus), even before the above change.

TDRR

Smash Journeyman
I was checking out this stage and noticed that the area (collision group) for the stage is off a bit:
View attachment 278334

If you move that over to around -200 it should fix most if not all of the issues with that wall:
View attachment 278336

Also, although you said the walls weren't wall-jumpable, I could wall-jump off of them with the characters I tested with (Y. Link & Samus), even before the above change.
Actually, I figured this out fairly long ago, Melee XT v2.1 already has this stage with the fixes (and some other changes). I just completely forgot to update it here, oops!
Thanks for trying to help, anyways!

Top Bottom