• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

Guide Literal Bacon's Full Guide to Little Mac

Literal Bacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
LiteralBacon
3DS FC
0920-1176-2299
Literal Bacon submitted a new guide:

Literal Bacon's Full Guide to Little Mac - Complete with tips and tricks to make your gameplay better

This is a Little Mac guide that I've been wanting to make for a really long time. While I'm pretty unknown, I've discovered many little tidbits of information and tech Mac can use effectively that I want to share. I'm considered to be pretty good where I am known. Will be updated occasionally.
Read more about this guide...

smash alpha

Smash Rookie
I really love this guide. As a lover of low tier characters I use little mac very often. There are some tips and tricks I've found with little mac that I didn't see in your guide. I've made a guide for little mac as well called how to be a mac monster. Check it out and you'll only see how much more little mac is capable of

Zoramine Fae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8088-7214
Patch 1.1.4 has officially come out, and since it has been a while since this guide has rolled out I thought I'd add a few points you probably will like to add to this guide.

- Cloud is a good matchup for Mac, at least in experience on both ends. Cloud has problems against shield, similarly to Mac, and also has an almost-as-bad grab game, but with an average/above-average air game and a worse ground game than Mac. Little Macs able to powershield the Blade Beam are able to approach with ease due to his smashes being rather average, with his Forward Smash having a bit higher knockback than you would expect and Down Smash being dangerous if you aren't prepared for it due to its speed and launching behind you. However, Cloud cannot physically recover without having Limit due to it not snapping to ledge and Down Smash being buffed in terms of damage, and even then he has problems WITH Limit Break Climhazzard due to it burning off, well, Limit. And you can't use Side B as a punish against Mac when playing as Cloud as vs Down Tilt, you cannot punish after it, and the Mac can just shield then Armor through the final 3 hits by inputting FSmash after the first two hits. I'd say 55-45 or 60-40, but I need more MU experience to get used to Cloud anyways.

- Bayonetta. Just, Bayonetta.

- All Smashes have been buffed in terms of damage, and all angles. This makes them even more potent killing options.

- Opponents who miss a tech on a downwards angled Forward Smash after around 40-50% based on weight (when they are ABLE to tech and are sent into the tumbling animation) can be followed-up by a dash attack or Up Smash. If you do the Forward then Up Smash method, this can cause 40% or more to be racked up depending on the charge of the Downwards Angled Forward Smash.

- Up Tilt's angle has been improved and you can link Up B a bit easier out of it.

- Down Tilt and Up Tilt true combo into Up B (from testing) around kill percents against Megaman. If this works on others in the cast, I'm not certain, but I found it while working on some videos.

Maybe add those in or change some stuff? Tbh its still an amazing guide.

NonJohns

Smash Cadet
NNID
NonJohns
I'd like you to include strings that aren't true but can catch some people offguard like
up tilt to up b kill
down tilt fair to side smash or whatever
I've seen Sol do up angled side smash to up b
But one thing I don't see very often are strings that aren't 50/50s or true
I feel like those are still useful to know.

tomvanharmelen

Smash Journeyman
NonJohns,

I agree with you.
I've noticed a slight development of a flowchart Little Mac for competitive Mac players.
If it's not safe, it's not possible seems to be the concept.
It's unfortunate but I think that also allows for room for creative Little Macs to create a guide on unsafe but amazing options.

TJ919

Smash Journeyman
Does anybody know why after I'm hit off the ground I only have 1 jump to recover with? Mac has 2 jumps like everyone else where'd it go?

Also if you're too low for an up-B don't give up! Mac can walljump!

Top Bottom