• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Listening to music while playing smash

Maricx

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0147-2088-9642
Switch FC
SW 7600 6194 8910
I wanna start listening to music while playing smash more often, but I have a few questions regarding that.

Which genres/songs should I listen to?
What do you guys prefer personally?
Could you even send me a selection of songs that help you to perform well in tourney?

Thanks a lot in advance, any answers are appreciated.

JiggyNinja

Smash Journeyman
The game itself has a million different songs, and pretty much every franchise has at least one that's top tier. I prefer the sounds of the game itself.

Maricx

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0147-2088-9642
Switch FC
SW 7600 6194 8910
The game itself has a million different songs, and pretty much every franchise has at least one that's top tier. I prefer the sounds of the game itself.
I completely agree with you, but unfortunately many tourney setups don't have game audio.

Dizenn

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
3300-0492-5929
I completely agree with you, but unfortunately many tourney setups don't have game audio.
I don't think a tourney setup should not have audio, for a competitive experience, sound should be available to players. I find audio cues very important, they let me look at the opponent's character more because I can hear all the sound effects for my actions so that I know what my character is doing.

Anyway, that was a bit of a tangent, I like to listen to jazz when I play and preferably something up tempo. I think jazz is good because the irregular rhythms keep your gameplay dynamic. Music can have the affect of making a player input to the beat of the song. Although, I do like to listen to MF DOOM when I play sometimes.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
There's an official orchestrated Kirby soundtrack that's almost an hour long that they made a few years ago. I like to listen to that sometimes, when someone uploads it before it's taken down yet again by Nintendo.

If you're at a tourney it might be important not to have headphones/earbuds in in case there's an in game audio que you can hear (like Charizard's Flare Blitz) or an announcement.

Top Bottom