Listening to music while playing smash

Maricx

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0147-2088-9642
Switch FC
SW 7600 6194 8910
I wanna start listening to music while playing smash more often, but I have a few questions regarding that.

Which genres/songs should I listen to?
What do you guys prefer personally?
Could you even send me a selection of songs that help you to perform well in tourney?

Thanks a lot in advance, any answers are appreciated.

Maricx

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0147-2088-9642
Switch FC
SW 7600 6194 8910
The game itself has a million different songs, and pretty much every franchise has at least one that's top tier. I prefer the sounds of the game itself.
I completely agree with you, but unfortunately many tourney setups don't have game audio.

Dizenn

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
3300-0492-5929
I completely agree with you, but unfortunately many tourney setups don't have game audio.
I don't think a tourney setup should not have audio, for a competitive experience, sound should be available to players. I find audio cues very important, they let me look at the opponent's character more because I can hear all the sound effects for my actions so that I know what my character is doing.

Anyway, that was a bit of a tangent, I like to listen to jazz when I play and preferably something up tempo. I think jazz is good because the irregular rhythms keep your gameplay dynamic. Music can have the affect of making a player input to the beat of the song. Although, I do like to listen to MF DOOM when I play sometimes.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
There's an official orchestrated Kirby soundtrack that's almost an hour long that they made a few years ago. I like to listen to that sometimes, when someone uploads it before it's taken down yet again by Nintendo.

If you're at a tourney it might be important not to have headphones/earbuds in in case there's an in game audio que you can hear (like Charizard's Flare Blitz) or an announcement.