• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of viable NIL Teleports

Wreckarooni

Smash Apprentice
So Here's a diagram to some, not difficult at all to execute or time IMO -
Will be adding more and all that are contributed below in the future.

and

NOTE that you can also let go from ledge immediately DJ upwards and while still invincible teleport cancel across both side plats back to back. Very fast and tricky way to traverse the stage, invincible like 80% of the entire time.

Sorry if this is old news but have never seen anyone using these exactly in a real match or even on a tech vid.

Last edited:

Wreckarooni

Smash Apprentice
Okay double post but it doesn't matter -

Discovered another one and have all these down to like 80% (I can't believe they are this easy)

Run off the stage, wait a little, and then Up B 45 degrees in the opposite direction to land on the side plat. This one seems extremely easy, can also just be done from letting go of the ledge and teleporting 45 degree as well after DJing a bit.

The most useful so far is the fadeback NIL on stage (#2). It's ambiguous since it looks like you are going to ledge stall, and where you land you can Ftilt , dash attack, grab, etc to them before they know what hit them.

edit: Okay so I really should have put some time into this before I found another one. It's not as easy but I think with practice it can be consistent. Tilt analog stick up when below top plat to activate jump but not too much since you want a shorten Up-B then just press B to shortened teleport right as you leave the ground. You will NIL to the top very fast and be able to act out of it. I'm guessing this one has been talked about, but why do I never see Mewtwo main use these to tech chase and follow up. They aren't difficult at all.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 212841

gcyftftdtfyxycyvj

Last edited by a moderator:

Wreckarooni

Smash Apprentice
NIL Teleport to top plat for Techchasing was used by prof I think? It's actually kinda gimmicky though cause its a 32 frame movement if you do it right and tech in place is only 26 frames.
Maybe in theory crafting it seems gimmicky but in actual practice you are forgetting that you are able to act as they are being popped up from a throw or fair or Utilt, etc. They are still in hitstun about to come down due to gravity, meanwhile you're already starting to teleport up to the top plat. Sometimes you NIL before they've even landed.

Falco has one of the fastest verticals in the game and it still takes him 36 frame to Jump NIL, and about the same to DJ > WL. Most characters take 42-50 frames to get up there and WL or NIL iirc. ALl of those you'll find can tech chase just fine on top plat.

Last edited:

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Having one to access the top platform of stages like Battlefield and Dreamland from the ground would be really useful for Uthrow combos since, atm, you can only really catch them with Uair or Nair and hope that pushes them to tech onto a side platform where you have more options.
Zoma does the exact thing you described on BF after an upB. He gets up there in time to react to a tech from his opponent, who clearly was like "OMG!" when he edge canceled onto the top platform. I think it's one of the tidbits I link directly to in the Advancing M2 thread.

EDIT: Link to the goodness below
https://youtu.be/5P3Lchckqd8?list=PLfH_x45HbLaVQXhpyRDY1f_wEQK7Ucv5O&t=148

Screencapture of the position required:

Note:When facing the left platform the bottom left point of M2's eye is just touching the upper right edge of the left platform.

Last edited:

Wreckarooni

Smash Apprentice
There are another 2 that apply to most stages -

Run off one side plat and then teleport across to the other side plat, or you can WL or backwards or forwards off one plat inwards then NIL teleport across to the other side plats. Both methods seem very generous with spacing and timing.

You can extend these a bit further and add in a small bit of DJ to edge cancel either method on the side plat you land on.

I will be turning this into a universal "NIL Teleport list" instead of battlefield specific. And will edit all into the top, everyone feel free to add for each stage. Pictures or diagrams would be helpful. I may edit them all together with a more organized diagram for each stage if I have free time.

I'm also going to make an edge canceled teleport thread, surprised neither of these have been started or discussed. They really need to be all in one place and there needs to be discussion/discovery about the combos and tech chases possible out of them.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Agreed to all the above. We need organized information dumps about all this stuff. I'll also try to get hi-res screen-caps from recordings when I start to really focus on stuff like EC teleports in earnest.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Something to think about as you are learning/practicing:
A lot of times you would want to use teleport tricks, you are essentially doing a very elaborate tech chase. The question you need to ask yourself is this: Is it worth doing this incredibly difficult hard to position trick on the *chance* of tech chasing them on the platform, or is it better to just go for a vanilla dthrow tech instead?

Sometimes there are situations where you'd want to teleport, but others it's just not worth it. It's the main reason I haven't spent much time with these techniques, because the net gain is relatively small, but the amount of time necessary to master it is quite large. I'd become a much better player spending that time working on other aspects of my game right now, and that is how people should be thinking if they are trying to be the best player they can be.

Wreckarooni

Smash Apprentice
Yea remember I made a separate thread for ECTs (and their LCT counterparts), You had responded to that thread I believe.

The first one in this vid I had already covered, I think it was the very first stage specific one I have listed. Will be helpful to others to see footage of it though. Almost all in the video I have listed there as well.

EZえん

Smash Apprentice
This is pretty helpful, can anyone explain the different uses in NIL TPs and LCTs ? (Also what is ECT) Another question i have is for the NIL TP from ledge to center stage, why is this different from a regular sh TP forward? (and on a side- side-note, does FFing the lag of TP make it have less landing lag or simply shorten time in getting to ground?)

Sry for lots of simple questions lol, but this thread seemed recent and somewhat pertinent

Wreckarooni

Smash Apprentice
Edge cancelled teleports, there is another eponymous thread as I mentioned.

There isn't really a difference but it seems much easier to NIL tele from ledge than from jump takeoff, a lot easier.

You can't reduce land lag after tele with FF, just air time.

D

Deleted member 212841

gcyftftdtfyxycyvj

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom