• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of viable Edge Cancel Teleports

Wreckarooni

Smash Apprentice
I'll start with the one I've always messed around with and never found too difficult -
I'll be adding diagrams soon. Everyone add theirs, and I will edit the viable ones to this post and organze them.

I'll refer to angles as 0 being straight up (0 degrees) and 15 being 337.5 degrees. Clock-wise.

Universal horizontal ECTs -

At about 75% max horizontal teleport distance you can edge cancel any sideways teleport. So common ones involve top plat back and forth on battlefield or across both side plats back to back. Almost every stage has a use for these, but can lead to an SD on Yoshi Island if you mess them up on side plats.

Yoshi's Island (seems to have the easiest IMO) -

1. From ledge to side plat (EASY)
a. Let go and fade back a bit (assume you are on left side for example)
b. Teleport at angle 2
c. Edge cancel on side plat

If you mess up?
- if you are a bit late to Up-B it will NIL on plat
- If you are a bit early to Up-B you will stall into edge (Give or take a frame or two this actually a safe stall if you are quick)

2. From ground to top plat diagonal (MEDIUM) Probably the most useful, assume going up right for example [ NOTE can also be done on FoD a bit harder but can NIL if messed up]
a. On ground in the gap between top plat and side plat
b. Teleport angle 2
c. Should land and edge cancel

If you mess up?

- overshoot into helpless mode, can be FF and you are exposed for a little bit
- Can get the really long landing lag animation which I believe is like 40 frames

3. From edge of top plat to side plat (MEDIUM) assume going to right plat for example
--- Much easier version on Battlefield that invovles 45 degree angle --
a. Must be on edge of top plat in teeter or close
b. Teleport at angle 5
c. Hold right until you appear, should edge cancel.

If you mess up?
- could go off stage on helpless mode you teleport straight across
- can get 28 frame landing teleport animation

Battlefield -

1. From edge of top plat to side plat (EASY) assume going to right plat for example
a. Must be on edge of top plat in teeter or close
b. Teleport at angle 6
c. Edge cancel on side plat

If you mess up?
- can get 28 frame landing teleport animation

2. Here is one that Mookie got from watching Zoma on battlefield, I consider it (MEDIUM-HARD)

Zoma does the exact thing you described on BF after an upB. He gets up there in time to react to a tech from his opponent, who clearly was like "OMG!" when he edge canceled onto the top platform. I think it's one of the tidbits I link directly to in the Advancing M2 thread.
EDIT: Link to the goodness below
https://youtu.be/5P3Lchckqd8?list=PLfH_x45HbLaVQXhpyRDY1f_wEQK7Ucv5O&t=148

Screencapture of the position required:

Note:When facing the left platform the bottom left point of M2's eye is just touching the upper right edge of the left platform.

Fountain of Dreams (limited because of platform movement) -

1. From ground to top plat diagonal (MEDIUM-HARD) Very useful, assume going up right for example [ NOTE can also be done on Yoshi's easier ]
a. On ground barely under inner side plat
b. Teleport angle 2
c. Should land and edge cancel

If you mess up?
- overshoot into helpless mode, can be FF and you are exposed for a little bit
- a bit different than Yoshi's and you will get NIL landing if you undershoot

Last edited:

SuperShus

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
East#694
on ps, if youre on a platform and you run off dj as soon as you leave the platform and then tp just after that so that as your tp is starting up you're floating horizonallythen tp exactly horizontally you edge cancel on the other plat.

it's actually really easy

Top Bottom