• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of Potential Full/Semi/Pseudo Clones

D

Deleted member

Say what you want, but Fire Emblem actually makes the most sense for adding in more echoes. Why? Because there are lots and lots of Fire Emblem characters, and in the games, the only real difference between how they fight is their class and what weapon they're using, along with their stats. Many animations are even shared between weapons. So an axe-wielding Hector as an echo of Ike doesn't seem too far-fetched for example.

Actually that brings me to another point that I find annoying with how Fire Emblem was represented in Smash (besides Robin, who is golden): why only one weapon per character? Most characters in Fire Emblem can learn to wield at least two different weapons (like Robin). Many Lords like Chrom or Lucina can also use a lance, and if you couldn't switch between them, it would have been at least cool if each were used for specific moves, kinda like how Corrin sometimes uses her sword and sometimes the dragon limbs, or how Inkling uses various weapons in her attacks, or even how Ganondorf will pull out his sword for smash attacks even though he's not always holding it. The four Fire Emblem clones (Marth, Lucina, Roy, Chrom) could have been so much more unique. Probably Ike too. Shame.

Rayleigh

Smash Journeyman
Actually that brings me to another point that I find annoying with how Fire Emblem was represented in Smash (besides Robin, who is golden): why only one weapon per character? Most characters in Fire Emblem can learn to wield at least two different weapons (like Robin)...The four Fire Emblem clones (Marth, Lucina, Roy, Chrom) could have been so much more unique. Probably Ike too. Shame.
Now, I'm not saying I disagree but...

Well, in the case of Marth and Roy, they only ever use a sword (canonically...not to mention that Marth and Roy have a different style of swordsmanship but that is a topic for another time). To give them extra weapons would be unfitting to their nature within their canonical games. While Lucina and Chrom both utilize Lances upon their promotion to Great Lord, they are both given their more iconic designs from their Lord Class; it is with these looks that they are at their most recognizable (in comparison to, say, Special units in Fire Emblem Heroes or that time when Fire Emblem became a Pop Idol thing in that Shin Megami Tensei game. That was weird) and at their most marketable. I mean- let's be real here: who thinks of Chrom and goes 'Oh yeah, that guy with the lance'...and that is all while ignoring the obvious part where they are both echoes to characters (Marth and Roy) who do not use any other weapon than swords.

This concept also carries over to both versions of Ike. The younger version of Ike is depicted when in his Ranger class from Path of Radiance; in this rendition, he is only capable of using a Sword. This class then promotes to the Lord Class...which still can only use Swords. The older version of Ike is shown in his Hero Class (which is not the same as the Hero Class we know within the Fire Emblem games). Just as with his younger variant's appearance, Ike's Hero class is also incapable of wielding axes...but he is capable of doing so when he promotes to the Vanguard class. However, the Vanguard class depiction is not the iconic Ike that people immediately recognize; when people think Ike, they think of his sword Ragnell.

Robin was able to escape this problem (bless this child) because s/he is shown to the player immediately to be proficient in both swords and magic. It is this initial appearance (S/he is in the Tactician class and not the Grandmaster class...there's no difference in weapons though) that allows Robin to utilize both...Though we also have to consider that Robin uses dark magic in Nosferatu and, supposedly, their grab attacks...so liberties CAN and HAVE been taken...but it is far easier to generalize all magic as being the same thing and fitting to a magic character than it is to shove a sword into Hector (you can't, his defense stat is too good. It just makes him mad. Run.).

Corrin is Corrin. When you're recognized as a dragon boi with dragon limbs, a chainsaw-looking sword, and questionable fashion sense? You're going to use everything you got (Except shoes. You don't have those, Corrin. Go to a shoe store, already.)
-------------------------

When thinking about most other FE characters, this concept continues even further: Hector, as a Great Lord, is capable of wielding Swords along with axes...but, let's be real here, no one gives Hector a sword; He has Armads (and, I guess, the Wolf Beil...but Armads), the Thunder Axe; a weapon forged to kill dragons and wielded by the Master Berserker Durban (lore that most people wouldn't even think much of). When people think Hector, they of axes. Likewise, when people think of characters like Eliwood (They don't) and Ephraim (They do), they are seldom thought of as being horsemen; people think of Ephraim as being an infantry spear lord, and think of Eliwood as...being the father of Roy (Press F to pay respects to our foil fencer boi). Lyn? Could shove a bow into her (her defense is trash) but she's more recognized as a speedy swordmaster...not to mention wouldn't be much of an echo, really. So...topic for another time?

I suppose, in the end, We (as people educated in the intricacies of Fire Emblem) might think of them for everything that they are (or aren't...Corrin), but we also have to think about how a character is most commonly thought of within the fanbase and by those outside looking in.

God I missed my 3AM Posts of Sleep-Deprivation.

D

Deleted member

Now, I'm not saying I disagree but...

Well, in the case of Marth and Roy, they only ever use a sword (canonically...not to mention that Marth and Roy have a different style of swordsmanship but that is a topic for another time). To give them extra weapons would be unfitting to their nature within their canonical games. While Lucina and Chrom both utilize Lances upon their promotion to Great Lord, they are both given their more iconic designs from their Lord Class; it is with these looks that they are at their most recognizable (in comparison to, say, Special units in Fire Emblem Heroes or that time when Fire Emblem became a Pop Idol thing in that Shin Megami Tensei game. That was weird) and at their most marketable. I mean- let's be real here: who thinks of Chrom and goes 'Oh yeah, that guy with the lance'...and that is all while ignoring the obvious part where they are both echoes to characters (Marth and Roy) who do not use any other weapon than swords.

This concept also carries over to both versions of Ike. The younger version of Ike is depicted when in his Ranger class from Path of Radiance; in this rendition, he is only capable of using a Sword. This class then promotes to the Lord Class...which still can only use Swords. The older version of Ike is shown in his Hero Class (which is not the same as the Hero Class we know within the Fire Emblem games). Just as with his younger variant's appearance, Ike's Hero class is also incapable of wielding axes...but he is capable of doing so when he promotes to the Vanguard class. However, the Vanguard class depiction is not the iconic Ike that people immediately recognize; when people think Ike, they think of his sword Ragnell.

Robin was able to escape this problem (bless this child) because s/he is shown to the player immediately to be proficient in both swords and magic. It is this initial appearance (S/he is in the Tactician class and not the Grandmaster class...there's no difference in weapons though) that allows Robin to utilize both...Though we also have to consider that Robin uses dark magic in Nosferatu and, supposedly, their grab attacks...so liberties CAN and HAVE been taken...but it is far easier to generalize all magic as being the same thing and fitting to a magic character than it is to shove a sword into Hector (you can't, his defense stat is too good. It just makes him mad. Run.).

Corrin is Corrin. When you're recognized as a dragon boi with dragon limbs, a chainsaw-looking sword, and questionable fashion sense? You're going to use everything you got (Except shoes. You don't have those, Corrin. Go to a shoe store, already.)
-------------------------

When thinking about most other FE characters, this concept continues even further: Hector, as a Great Lord, is capable of wielding Swords along with axes...but, let's be real here, no one gives Hector a sword; He has Armads (and, I guess, the Wolf Beil...but Armads), the Thunder Axe; a weapon forged to kill dragons and wielded by the Master Berserker Durban (lore that most people wouldn't even think much of). When people think Hector, they of axes. Likewise, when people think of characters like Eliwood (They don't) and Ephraim (They do), they are seldom thought of as being horsemen; people think of Ephraim as being an infantry spear lord, and think of Eliwood as...being the father of Roy (Press F to pay respects to our foil fencer boi). Lyn? Could shove a bow into her (her defense is trash) but she's more recognized as a speedy swordmaster...not to mention wouldn't be much of an echo, really. So...topic for another time?

I suppose, in the end, We (as people educated in the intricacies of Fire Emblem) might think of them for everything that they are (or aren't...Corrin), but we also have to think about how a character is most commonly thought of within the fanbase and by those outside looking in.

God I missed my 3AM Posts of Sleep-Deprivation.
Although it wasn't clear, I was actually trying to say two different things.
1. You could pretty easily add echoes of the existing Fire Emblem characters but give them different weapons, and their animations wouldn't have to change much, if at all in some cases. This would be a great way to add in more popular Fire Emblem characters and/or represent more weapon types, without too much effort. They may even be an amalgam kinda like Chrom; e.g. Lyn could mostly play like Marth or whatever but have Link's Bow move (I can't help thinking of the supposed Lyn addition for Project M that never happened).

2. When comparing Robin with the rest of the Fire Emblem characters in Smash, it makes me sad that the others are not more like Robin (multiple weapons and weapon durability specifically). You got into the specifics of how Fire Emblem characters can only wield certain weapons when upgraded to different classes and sporting different looks, but honestly Smash Bros. has never really cared too much about details like that. In fact, Robin in his/her basic class as Tactician can't actually use Nosferatu but no one is really complaining about that, are they? Another example is Lissa in Fire Emblem Warriors wielding an axe, even though that is only available to her when upgrading to War Cleric, but she is clearly not sporting that look in Fire Emblem Warriors. So two can play this game. Point being, in effort to not just add "another anime swordsman" to Smash, we could have seen the Fire Emblem characters utilize some other weapons like lances for some of their moves, or each could have had a Bronze Sword/Levin Sword mechanic at least, switching between weaker or more powerful swords.

Rayleigh

Smash Journeyman
One of the problems there, I would say, is that the Smash Bros series is both a love letter to fans of all types of games, and as a representation to the general audience. It tries to juggle both an attention to detail to appease core fans of that character/series, while also appealing to the wider demographic. This is why you'll have a character who is both representative of their core self, and also featuring subsets of that self. Examples of this notion would include Mario's utilization of F.L.U.D.D. and the Cape (both of these being tools he has not used in awhile) and Bowser's more primal attitude in comparison to his son. In the case of the former, this comes from the character (Mario) being both older and more varied over his appearances, but also having his maintained core of being an adapt and nimble man who primarily fights with punches, kicks, and stomps; that has not changed over the years, even if he mostly fights by jumping on people's heads nowadays. Bowser is just weird, let's get that one out of the way, and return to Mario. Mario, in his 'normal state', moves as you would expect him to move, but brings with him a few of his tools from the past...but these tools do not alter that perceived Normal State in comparison to, say, giving him a hammer to swing around...or, to use another character as an example of mishandled Normal State; Zero Suit Samus. What is with the rocket heels, anyways? It's dumb. I don't get it. The Paralyzer I understand, but- Rocket Heels?

I digres. It is for this reason I brought up the nature of Lucina and Chrom, as depicted in their 'Normal States' : When viewed normally by both Fire Emblem fans and the general outsiders looking in, these characters are noted as being sword wielders (and namely that of their variant of the Falchion) above all other things...unless they've seen that side of the fandom. You know the one. There exists additional depth and other concepts to the two characters, such as their Great Lord promotions, Holiday or Celebratory variants (EX. Bride Lucina in Warriors or all of those swimsuit characters in FEH. You know, that other side of the fandom), but these are not representative of the core of those characters, and detract from their 'Normal State'. You could go even further beyond and make the case that Robin should be a Cavalier, since they can class change to...well, everything that their gender has available to them, to be honest. That gives Robin an insanely large pool of moves to draw from...but none of them are indicative of Robin as Robin. When it comes to Nosferatu, again: When there's no difference in how magic is cast, then it is readily interchangeable. As all tomes are utilized the same way in the games, it is easier to do this than it would be to replace a tome with a staff, or a sword with a lance.

While unopposed to the notion of Chrom, Lucina, or even Ike using more than one weapon type, it still goes against how they are perceived within their Normal States. But, as we've seen with other characters, this can indeed be expanded upon...but one would then have to figure out how to add this new feature into their currently existing moveset, without changing how they are represented (as they are all represented fairly well as it is) or dramatically altering how they play (as these characters now all have fanbases that exist around their playstyle).

For example, Chrom and Lucina fight at fairly close range...how would the addition of spear moves alter this playstyle; a playstyle that is already enjoyed by current users of the characters? If the change is as simple as a new Special move (EX. F.L.U.D.D's addition) or altered Smash moves (EX. Ganondorf's Sword) how impactful is this change to the character's playstyle? Is it even a good change to begin with? If you overhaul the character entirely, how does this impact their original playstyle and their Normal State? For those who are not privy to the details of the character, how will the addition of these features change their view of the character? You might end up alienating the players of this character by making such dramatic changes in the name of 'expanded representation'. I would say that this is why Roy, despite the visual changes he has received, still feels like Marth at the end of the day; if Roy did not look like Roy as seen in Smash, or played like Roy as seen in Smash, people would not see him as Roy...despite Roy now being more accurate to himself.

All the Four Marths suffer the most in this regard, with Ike escaping thanks to his unique fighting style. I personally see no need for an added gimmick or major alteration to any of them, even if I think they still all need something more to help them stand out...and be more true to their Normal States. Lucina? I can get being a Marth echo; it makes sense for both FE Fans and outsiders. Chrom? Doesn't quite fit as a Roy echo, but it's much better than if he was a direct Marth Echo.

------------------------

Circling to the main topic at hand, this concept of the 'Normal State' carries over to other echo or semi-clone concepts as well, since you will be building one character's playstyle off of another...and is especially true if you're trying to transplant the moveset of one character (EX. Captain Falcon) onto a character from another series (EX. Ganondorf); failure results in the creation feeling inherently untrue to itself. But, if that echo or semi-clone has existed for an extended period of time, dramatic alterations to them might alienate their playerbase.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
If I have to see another depiction of lances being used as slashing weapons, I'm going to cry. They do not work that way.

Blue Sun Studios

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueSunStudios
3DS FC
4768-8305-0092
Dragonite could ostensibly be an Echo Fighter for Charizard, though I'd rather it not be.
I feel like Dragonite would be an almost non-clone semi-clone at best; a number of its proportions are quite different such as smaller and less articulate wings for one and its stouter build being another.

EDIT: Also, wow, did not see the second page when I got back. Weird. Got lots to read in the meantime.
If I have to see another depiction of lances being used as slashing weapons, I'm going to cry. They do not work that way.
Also, are we talking about lances specifically—actual lances—or are we talking about all spears (lances in Fire Emblem land only) in general?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

One of the problems there, I would say, is that the Smash Bros series is both a love letter to fans of all types of games, and as a representation to the general audience. It tries to juggle both an attention to detail to appease core fans of that character/series, while also appealing to the wider demographic. This is why you'll have a character who is both representative of their core self, and also featuring subsets of that self. Examples of this notion would include Mario's utilization of F.L.U.D.D. and the Cape (both of these being tools he has not used in awhile) and Bowser's more primal attitude in comparison to his son. In the case of the former, this comes from the character (Mario) being both older and more varied over his appearances, but also having his maintained core of being an adapt and nimble man who primarily fights with punches, kicks, and stomps; that has not changed over the years, even if he mostly fights by jumping on people's heads nowadays. Bowser is just weird, let's get that one out of the way, and return to Mario. Mario, in his 'normal state', moves as you would expect him to move, but brings with him a few of his tools from the past...but these tools do not alter that perceived Normal State in comparison to, say, giving him a hammer to swing around...or, to use another character as an example of mishandled Normal State; Zero Suit Samus. What is with the rocket heels, anyways? It's dumb. I don't get it. The Paralyzer I understand, but- Rocket Heels?

I digres. It is for this reason I brought up the nature of Lucina and Chrom, as depicted in their 'Normal States' : When viewed normally by both Fire Emblem fans and the general outsiders looking in, these characters are noted as being sword wielders (and namely that of their variant of the Falchion) above all other things...unless they've seen that side of the fandom. You know the one. There exists additional depth and other concepts to the two characters, such as their Great Lord promotions, Holiday or Celebratory variants (EX. Bride Lucina in Warriors or all of those swimsuit characters in FEH. You know, that other side of the fandom), but these are not representative of the core of those characters, and detract from their 'Normal State'. You could go even further beyond and make the case that Robin should be a Cavalier, since they can class change to...well, everything that their gender has available to them, to be honest. That gives Robin an insanely large pool of moves to draw from...but none of them are indicative of Robin as Robin. When it comes to Nosferatu, again: When there's no difference in how magic is cast, then it is readily interchangeable. As all tomes are utilized the same way in the games, it is easier to do this than it would be to replace a tome with a staff, or a sword with a lance.

While unopposed to the notion of Chrom, Lucina, or even Ike using more than one weapon type, it still goes against how they are perceived within their Normal States. But, as we've seen with other characters, this can indeed be expanded upon...but one would then have to figure out how to add this new feature into their currently existing moveset, without changing how they are represented (as they are all represented fairly well as it is) or dramatically altering how they play (as these characters now all have fanbases that exist around their playstyle).

For example, Chrom and Lucina fight at fairly close range...how would the addition of spear moves alter this playstyle; a playstyle that is already enjoyed by current users of the characters? If the change is as simple as a new Special move (EX. F.L.U.D.D's addition) or altered Smash moves (EX. Ganondorf's Sword) how impactful is this change to the character's playstyle? Is it even a good change to begin with? If you overhaul the character entirely, how does this impact their original playstyle and their Normal State? For those who are not privy to the details of the character, how will the addition of these features change their view of the character? You might end up alienating the players of this character by making such dramatic changes in the name of 'expanded representation'. I would say that this is why Roy, despite the visual changes he has received, still feels like Marth at the end of the day; if Roy did not look like Roy as seen in Smash, or played like Roy as seen in Smash, people would not see him as Roy...despite Roy now being more accurate to himself.

All the Four Marths suffer the most in this regard, with Ike escaping thanks to his unique fighting style. I personally see no need for an added gimmick or major alteration to any of them, even if I think they still all need something more to help them stand out...and be more true to their Normal States. Lucina? I can get being a Marth echo; it makes sense for both FE Fans and outsiders. Chrom? Doesn't quite fit as a Roy echo, but it's much better than if he was a direct Marth Echo.

------------------------

Circling to the main topic at hand, this concept of the 'Normal State' carries over to other echo or semi-clone concepts as well, since you will be building one character's playstyle off of another...and is especially true if you're trying to transplant the moveset of one character (EX. Captain Falcon) onto a character from another series (EX. Ganondorf); failure results in the creation feeling inherently untrue to itself. But, if that echo or semi-clone has existed for an extended period of time, dramatic alterations to them might alienate their playerbase.
I understand what you're saying, but tbh I don't think this is at all how Sakurai thinks about these things. Although to be fair, no one can truly know Sakurai's mind.

Anyway we should probably get back on topic now. :)

Blue Sun Studios

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueSunStudios
3DS FC
4768-8305-0092
I'm thinking of slightly revamping the list to include at least two "slots" for each character, one reserved for "Echo Fighters"—(near) full clones that share (near) identical proportions and having very similar (if not the exact same) playstyles, and the other one being reserved for "Semi-Clones"—half clones that share similar proportions and animations while having distinct enough (though still derived) playstyles, and I may include a list of potential future fighters that aren't in the game already (and, honestly, probably won't be in the game). While I generally don't really have rules, I do like to see characters that are well thought out (even if they were "obvious" choices). There's nothing against adding someone like, say, Master Chief as some strange semi-clone of Inkling, but it's not something I'd have come up with for this list. Comments and thoughts are appreciated folks.

D

Deleted member

You know, most of the original 12 fighters have an echo or semi clone, or otherwise similar character:
Mario: Luigi, Dr. Mario
Link: Young Link, Toon Link
Samus: Dark Samus
Captain Falcon: Ganondorf
Fox: Falco, Wolf
Pikachu: Pichu
Luigi: (original clone of Mario)
Ness: Lucas

That leaves Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Kirby and Jigglypuff. To round them all out, we could have the following:
Donkey Kong: Funky Kong echo fighter (would probably be a pretty close echo like Richter or Daisy, but brings his own personality)
Yoshi: I'd rather see Boshi as an alt, so in this case we could have Birdo as a semi-clone. A couple specials would be different to account for Birdo's mouth
Kirby: Kirby's pretty unique so wouldn't have an echo, but I think Bandana Waddle Dee would serve well as a semi-clone, mostly borrowing standard attacks
Jigglypuff: Igglybuff is cuter, but overall I'd rather have Wigglytuff as a larger, heavier 'puff, and also balancing out Pikachu's clone.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You know, most of the original 12 fighters have an echo or semi clone, or otherwise similar character:

That leaves Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Kirby and Jigglypuff. To round them all out, we could have the following:
Donkey Kong: Funky Kong echo fighter (would probably be a pretty close echo like Richter or Daisy, but brings his own personality)
Yoshi: I'd rather see Boshi as an alt, so in this case we could have Birdo as a semi-clone. A couple specials would be different to account for Birdo's mouth
Kirby: Kirby's pretty unique so wouldn't have an echo, but I think Bandana Waddle Dee would serve well as a semi-clone, mostly borrowing standard attacks
Jigglypuff: Igglybuff is cuter, but overall I'd rather have Wigglytuff as a larger, heavier 'puff, and also balancing out Pikachu's clone.

I agree with the notion that the original cast can use a Echo, clone or semi-clone.

But I don't agree with your choices though :laugh: Except for Donkey Kong. However, I would want Funky to be at least different from DK with his Up B, with Funky Kong using his surfboard instead. But that can basically be the same move, except for the animation. So am open for anything here.

For Yoshi, I would pick Yarn Yoshi though. The costume is already there.

Kirby am not too sure of. Bandana Dee would be pretty different already with his spear. Maybe aerials can be borrowed from Kirby. But other than that? I don't really see it.

Jigglypuff? I would prefer a semi-clone as Snorlax, who's a super heavy weight and lacks the multiple aerial jumps. Also, Rest heals him now, and Up B is Sleep Talk, which can be used while using Rest. Borrows a few attacks of other fat characters as well, as the Fat Man Neutral Air (shared by Wario, King Dedede and King K.Rool), King Dedede's croaching animation and possibly D Tilt, and either K.Rool or King Dedede's dash attack.

I still would love the Hero of Time for Adult Link as well.

D

Deleted member

I agree with the notion that the original cast can use a Echo, clone or semi-clone.

But I don't agree with your choices though :laugh: Except for Donkey Kong. However, I would want Funky to be at least different from DK with his Up B, with Funky Kong using his surfboard instead. But that can basically be the same move, except for the animation. So am open for anything here.

For Yoshi, I would pick Yarn Yoshi though. The costume is already there.

Kirby am not too sure of. Bandana Dee would be pretty different already with his spear. Maybe aerials can be borrowed from Kirby. But other than that? I don't really see it.

Jigglypuff? I would prefer a semi-clone as Snorlax, who's a super heavy weight and lacks the multiple aerial jumps. Also, Rest heals him now, and Up B is Sleep Talk, which can be used while using Rest. Borrows a few attacks of other fat characters as well, as the Fat Man Neutral Air (shared by Wario, King Dedede and King K.Rool), King Dedede's croaching animation and possibly D Tilt, and either K.Rool or King Dedede's dash attack.

Yarn Yoshi is best Yoshi for sure, but I don't agree it should be its own character....best as a costume, or alt. It's a one-off design that is not likely to return in the future. Birdo, however, is a mainstay character and is often paired with Yoshi, such as back in the day with Mario Kart Double Dash. Just change Egg Lay to Egg Shot and Egg Throw to...something else.

The reason I said "otherwise similar character" is that some examples are barely even semi-clones. Lucas, for example, essentially copies Ness's special moves and side smash, but that's about it as far as I know. Basically all other standard attacks are unique. Bandana Waddle Dee I imagine would be somewhat of an opposite, where his specials would include the spear helicopter, throwing spears, etc. but would share the body shape and a lot of standard attacks of Kirby--or at least more than Jigglypuff, who only copied a couple moves.

I'd still rather have Wigglytuff than Snorlax, but you propose an interesting idea for sure. Sometimes I wish there was just a game like Smash Bros. but for all Pokemon.....

Quillion

Smash Hero
I was gonna chime in to say this, but you already got me covered.

...well, that and I want OoT Link to have TP Link as an alt. Either way, they can just recycle the animations and voice clips from previous games (though giving OoT Link a facelift), and bam, easy Echo.

Optionally, they can also have "Classic Link" with ALBW voiceclips.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I was gonna chime in to say this, but you already got me covered.

...well, that and I want OoT Link to have TP Link as an alt. Either way, they can just recycle the animations and voice clips from previous games (though giving OoT Link a facelift), and bam, easy Echo.

Optionally, they can also have "Classic Link" with ALBW voiceclips.
Hero of Time would work well as a Echo of Link, but take his Hookshot and Bombs from Young Link. Nothing else needs to be different.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Hero of Time would work well as a Echo of Link, but take his Hookshot and Bombs from Young Link. Nothing else needs to be different.
Well, that and a "Classic Link" echo needs to be left-handed. Again, just recycle the animations from Smash 4 and/or Young Link and they're good. But "Classic Link" still definitely needs to keep the Jump Attack.

Failing that, a Twilight Link echo with no OoT would work too. Instead of the double arrow mechanic, he could have a mechanic where if he is holding a bomb, his arrow becomes a bomb arrow.

Blue Sun Studios

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueSunStudios
3DS FC
4768-8305-0092
I'd say that "Classic Link" (i.e. Downfall Link or Amalgam Link I'd call him) would likely end up as an echo for the current BotW Link if not a semi-clone , and OoT Adult Link and TP Link would probably be alternate skins for Classic Link.

Quillion

Smash Hero
I'd say that "Classic Link" (i.e. Downfall Link or Amalgam Link I'd call him) would likely end up as an echo for the current BotW Link if not a semi-clone , and OoT Adult Link and TP Link would probably be alternate skins for Classic Link.
That would be the best case scenario. That said, though, every character has 8 costumes. Does that mean OoT Link gets 3, TP Link gets 3, and Classic Link gets 2?

Blue Sun Studios

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueSunStudios
3DS FC
4768-8305-0092
That would be the best case scenario. That said, though, every character has 8 costumes. Does that mean OoT Link gets 3, TP Link gets 3, and Classic Link gets 2?
I wouldn't see that happening given that Little Mac essentially has three costumes but five out of eight are normal Mac—he has two hoodie costumes and two wireframe costumes, though one out of both of those overlap with each other (wireframe hoodie), so I likely see OoT and TP getting at most two each (of which one from each may or may not overlap with each other since they are outright related) while Classic Link would get at least four (again, this could go up to five considering how OoT and TP's costumes are handled).

Quillion

Smash Hero
I wouldn't see that happening given that Little Mac essentially has three costumes but five out of eight are normal Mac—he has two hoodie costumes and two wireframe costumes, though one out of both of those overlap with each other (wireframe hoodie), so I likely see OoT and TP getting at most two each (of which one from each may or may not overlap with each other since they are outright related) while Classic Link would get at least four (again, this could go up to five considering how OoT and TP's costumes are handled).
So 6 Classic Links, and just 1 each for OoT and TP? Meh, I care more about each alt having their own voices like Ike.

Blue Sun Studios

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueSunStudios
3DS FC
4768-8305-0092
So 6 Classic Links, and just 1 each for OoT and TP? Meh, I care more about each alt having their own voices like Ike.
Most likely just five for classic and 1 and a half for OoT and TP. Could be different but I don't really see it. Zelda and Ganondorf would likely wind up the same in this regard.

Top Bottom