• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of New Remixes

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
Alright, this was super hard to whittle down, but here's my top 10 for now in no particular order:

1. Snake Man Stage
2. Crocodile Cacophony
3. Snakey Chantey
4. Battle! (Lorekeeper Zinnia)
5. Battle! (Island Kahuna)
6. Lament of Innocence
7. Cross Your Heart
8. Delfino Plaza
9. Kass's Theme
10. Bomb Rush Blush

Honorable mention goes to Ring! Dong! Dang! which I considered putting on the list despite not being a remix because... come on.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
i'm glad this time around they kind of realized they don't need to re-remix themes that have already been done, like the zelda overworld theme or DK island swing or mute city. they did do repeats in some cases where it wasn't really necessary (wrecking crew medley comes to mind) but for the main series they really worked on including a wider variety of representation, which especially shows with zelda and DK
I feel like repeats were for musics deemed not dynamic enough, or at least "stages main theme" such as Magicant, Tomodachi Life, Delfino Plaza or Light Plane. Although some previous tracks were already dynamic enough IMO.

But at least, those repeats are great, so it's fine! I think I should try to count the number of repeats.

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
I don't consider Delfino Plaza a repeat, personally. I've spent 10 years wondering why on earth we've had no Sunshine remixes when we have an actual Delfino Plaza stage lol.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I don't consider Delfino Plaza a repeat, personally. I've spent 10 years wondering why on earth we've had no Sunshine remixes when we have an actual Delfino Plaza stage lol.
Yeah, true, it's not a repeat of a remix. And yeah, it's great to finally have some love for this soundtrack!

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
Was interesting to look into the roots of some of the new composers brought on board!

Such as the arranger for the map page and bonus level mashup being one from the earlier days of platinum games and clover studios, working on the likes of okami and the first bayonetta!

Another guest composer from Sega was responsible for this new epic rendition of midna's lament, working on a ton of modern sonic titles since 06!

Also a final note is that gravity man was done by a rhythm heaven musician whom was not tsunku, which is why its stellar techno beat reminds me so much of said game!

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
yeah a lot of the new songs in ultimate were cases of "wow, they hadn't remixed that already?". like, this really is the first game with a twilight princess remix, which is strange considering the zelda characters were based on twilight princess for two games in a row

SmashBasher123

Smash Cadet
Kind of a dumb question, but are any of the Smash original songs 'unavailable' for use on actual stages (IE used solely for the Menu since that also has a My Music section)? Figured I'd ask since I'm trying to figure out my own music placements.

mrrafaelreis

Smash Rookie
I don't know if it's okay to ask for this here but does anyone know the tracklist for the leaked soundtrack??

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Kind of a dumb question, but are any of the Smash original songs 'unavailable' for use on actual stages (IE used solely for the Menu since that also has a My Music section)? Figured I'd ask since I'm trying to figure out my own music placements.
That's a good question actually. Playing on Battlefield or Final Destination with tracks such as Brawl's Main Theme or Melee's Break the Targets would be great!

I don't know if it's okay to ask for this here but does anyone know the tracklist for the leaked soundtrack??
Here, take this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...T9iODI23jvwAqJDd08J7XHpv3M/htmlview?sle=true# made by BarrierTrio BarrierTrio :p

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
Question: Are the Mario sports themes grouped under the main series or the "kart" half?
Kingdom Stadium (Night) from Mario Sports Superstars was first discovered on Princess Peach's Castle, so I assume all of them are with the main series.

The Smash original tracks are a big question mark right now. All I know is that the starting selection for Battlefield and Final Destination without any songs unlocked is 34 tracks.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I must say, having 64's Menu, Character Select, and Meta Crystal tracks, along with Melee's Break the Targets track, makes me very happy.

Heh, even the original Credits music was ported, and Final Destination too...

mrrafaelreis

Smash Rookie

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Thanks, but that's not exactly what I want. It doesn't really tell me the names in relation to the file names that I cannot decipher.
Oooh, I see, sorry. I don't believe there's a list of filenames + tracknames, but I suppose you could simply ask here if you need clarification on just a couple of tracks ^^

shammah121

Smash Cadet
Wait, I thought Ring! Dong! Dang! got a remix....awww I guess I was searching for nothing LOL

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
The wiki should have everything aside from stuff like victory themes and music tracks played by items like the hammer or Squid Sisters assist trophy. Do be aware that some track names in the Super Smash Bros. section contain World of Light spoilers.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Although I am happy with the music we got, I can't help but wonder, how did Brawl get so many more tracks per series, and a much more even spread? Zelda had 11 tracks, Pokemon had 10, Donkey Kong had 7, and even EarthBound had 6, as many as Mario does now. Rather than letting the composers choose whatever they wanted, did Sakurai just give them a list of music they were "assigned to"?
I guess this would also make sense since IMO, while there were more tracks in Brawl, the actual remixes themselves were better and felt like they had more energy and effort put into them in Ultimate.

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
Although I am happy with the music we got, I can't help but wonder, how did Brawl get so many more tracks per series, and a much more even spread? Zelda had 11 tracks, Pokemon had 10, Donkey Kong had 7, and even EarthBound had 6, as many as Mario does now. Rather than letting the composers choose whatever they wanted, did Sakurai just give them a list of music they were "assigned to"?
I guess this would also make sense since IMO, while there were more tracks in Brawl, the actual remixes themselves were better and felt like they had more energy and effort put into them in Ultimate.
As they always say, quality over quantity!

Also Zelda only got 9 new remixes in Brawl while DK only got 6 in total.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I suppose that the development time of Brawl helped getting more songs into the game, as well as being the first featuring the "My Music" option, giving room for obvious themes (such as Zelda's main theme) and ports.

How many new songs were added in Brawl, Smash 4 and Ultimate respectively, if we have the numbers?

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
I suppose that the development time of Brawl helped getting more songs into the game, as well as being the first featuring the "My Music" option, giving room for obvious themes (such as Zelda's main theme) and ports.

How many new songs were added in Brawl, Smash 4 and Ultimate respectively, if we have the numbers?
By my count, there were 121 non-Smash series remixes in Brawl (124 if you count both the English and Japenese versions of the WarioWare songs). Smash 4 had 106 at launch, and gained 13 more through DLC bringing it to 119 total. Ultimate has 108.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
By my count, there were 121 non-Smash series remixes in Brawl (124 if you count both the English and Japenese versions of the WarioWare songs). Smash 4 had 106 at launch, and gained 13 more through DLC bringing it to 119 total. Ultimate has 108.
Oooh, the difference isn't that much actually. Especially when we know that 5 DLCs with music is on the way. But yeah, Brawl had room for music, while Ultimate's arrangers were more "free". I wonder what was the direction for Smash 4 music.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Was interesting to look into the roots of some of the new composers brought on board!

Such as the arranger for the map page and bonus level mashup being one from the earlier days of platinum games and clover studios, working on the likes of okami and the first bayonetta!

Another guest composer from Sega was responsible for this new epic rendition of midna's lament, working on a ton of modern sonic titles since 06!

Also a final note is that gravity man was done by a rhythm heaven musician whom was not tsunku, which is why its stellar techno beat reminds me so much of said game!
We also got a relatively new guy on videogame music as a whole (Soshi Abe), who started with BotW and now did remixes for Battle! Steven and Crocodile Cacophony.

fersmashing

Smash Cadet
Does someone know if Ultimate's Sound Test gives credits to Melee remixes (such as Jungle Level) and/or Melee and Brawl original tunes (Brawl Coin Launcher or Melee Targets, for example)? I mean specific composer or arranger of course

Last edited:

The_Intruder

Smash Apprentice
My list concerning remixes as well

1 Destiny (Ablaze):ultlucina: : I've waited so long for this song since smash 4 not only almost every ablaze theme has made it during the last game but this one in particular was missing, I feel like Sm4sh was really not for me with all sign pointed out about that. But during the first trailer of lucina during june 2018 I recognized immediately the song and I feared getting an another medley but it gives me the feeling "you are gonna love this game". But now not only this song made it but it is a remix done by ACE it seems (I saw a comment of someone mention that on youtube) with a medieval folk vibes in it , it has blown away my expectation. This is maybe not the best remix but I waited so long that finally it was worth it.

2 Big Blue :ultfalcon: : Not expecting that when I saw there was a remix of Big blue, I was expecting an another rock / metal remix but it was a full electronic one, I feel a bit disappointed at first but after listening over and over again it has becomes one of my favorite remix from the game, the departure of the music with this electronic sound in the background giving a feeling that you are on the track and the race is about to start, full electronic instruments give the feeling of retro F-zero games with some modernity in them , catchy all the way up I want a new f-zero after hearing it.

3 Awake:ultrichter: Wut? : This game is not forgotten? Not only this is only the second castlevania games I played (the first was Castlevania 64) but this is a music that was stuck in my head for all the following years, I love that theme when I was young and remixes about it made by fans were not really good (only one was close to the original material). But this? This is really a pleasant surprise and gives justice to this song even more now.

4 Vs. Parasite Queen:ultdarksamus: : I'm not a fan of the metroid franchise and played only two of them without finishing them (metroid prime 3 and other m) but this theme as something that I really love : rhythm. This remix is very repetitive with some chorus at the end but the rhythm is so catchy with an obscur / dark vibes that suits perfectly the character that I felt in love.

5 Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017 Trailer BGM:ultlink: : I can't remember how many time I watched the trailer during the Nintendo switch presentation in 2017 maybe over 100 lol just because this music was from an another world of epicness. I was not sure this remix was gonna be good when I heard it during a gamexplain footage but now I'm sure it fits perfectly smash keeping pace dynamic all the way, maybe some transitions feel a bit strange at first but after listening many times it doesn't bother.

6 Crocodile Cacophany:ultkrool: : Rights to the feels , brings back nostalgia , it's like the original song made with real instruments without trying to do so much more in a risk to denature it. it's really the perfect remix of it.

7 F-ZERO Medley:ultfalcon: : Burning Ranger, Daytona, this japanese singer has really a unique voice so doing a song about F-zero this is how you can show some respect for this franchise, the pace is good and this medley has a really good transition between all f-zero songs , I'm a bit disapointed that the singer who can sing at a higher pitch stay almost safe during the whole song (even though the back are really high). Likewise bigblue I want now a new f-zero game.

8 Midna's Lament :ultzelda: : chills, during the whole song chills. I saw people saying sakurai hates zelda but composers in this game give so much love for the franchise and this remix is just f**** epic, midna is maybe not a character in this game but this song is just wow with this example we can see there are others ways to show franchise or character have importance not only by being new comer or echo or AT or mii outfit. I dunno why this song is not higher in my list but clearly this was an amazing surprise.

9 Fortress Boss - Super Mario Bros. 3:ultbowser: : Very catchy and melodious during almost of it that will suit perfeclty smash and using the mushroom sound is really a smart choice to bring something unique to the remix , but why almost ? Because during a little more than the middle of it the composer choose to bring Ice land one of the most creepiest song I heard during my life (it was not a coincidence that they choose it for the creepiest mini games for mario party 1) and it gives you the feeling that something was really wrong to choose a music like this for the wolrd 6 of Super mario bros 3 , thanks to this composer now we know we are not alone to think that.

10 King Bowser - Super Mario Bros. 3:ultbowser:: Koji Kondo has gone really wild on this one, not only it shows that bowser is really a vicious deadly boss but this is the darkest remix of all of them imo , brooding atmosphere and crackling electric guitars all over the place. My only little complain it's a bit repetitive but this is not Koji Kondo's fault.

To be honest all remixes are really good in this one so it's really hard to make a top ten, I think they are my favorite remixes of all smash games since brawl (SM4SH was really very disappointing music wise ).

Last edited:

Nrub'yiglith

Smash Rookie
I think there probably are some Smash original songs reserved for the menu since I saw somebody scroll through Battlefield's My Music list and saw a lot of songs for Battlefield and Final Destination but no menu themes. Maybe you just have to unlock them for use on stages, but I think more likely is that all the Smash music is grouped into either stage music or menu music for My Music purposes.

I suppose that is one of the very few things about music we still don't have confirmation on. It's safe to assume all Zelda music found in the game can be played on all the Zelda stages, but not quite so for Smash music. If someone figures out what tracks exactly can be played on Battlefield and FD and what tracks can be played on the menu, be sure to post it here. I do know that you have to first unlock the option to even enter the menu's My Music settings however. I think by beating World of Light.

And, yes, you can play Final Destination's themes on Battlefield now if you really want to.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Ooooh, the menu's "My Music" only. At first I thought it was the whole "My Music" function that was unlockable, that almost scared me.

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
Here’s my favorite remixes! I can’t remember them all so I’ll probably update this in the future!

1. Stalker/wicked child
Man, this song. Stalker is still that sorta silly marching type song and that’s a-okay by me, but wicked child? I almost cried listening to this and the only other song to do that was Magnus’s theme. The violins MAKE this song!

2. Basically every mega man remix.
I first played mega man in 2013 after mega man was revealed in smash and I loved those games! I can’t pick just one, there are so many good ones!

3. Electropankton
Okay so this stage was one of my favorites back in brawl when I was 11. So hearing a remix for this weird game is super cool and it sounds wonderful!

4. Every other castlevania remix
What can I say. Good music with even better remixes. Everyone agrees!

5. F-zero medly
This song speaks to me. I can’t explain it. I just, really like it.

That’s it for remixes! This list is bound to change by release date!

bentendo222

Smash Apprentice
Tonight's blog post is going to be something like this "You can now listen to (insert new remix here) in the Music section. But why would you do that now that every single song was leaked along with the whole game? Why waste your time with a 1 minute preview when you can find the full version on YouTube? To the staff: You guys had one job! And yet the game still got leaked!" I don't know, I just thought it would be funny to see a post like that. But at the same time I feel bad for the development team, and I had fun waiting to see what remix they would put up every Tuesday night, it was definitely a fun ride.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
That kind of post is practically guaranteed. But I'm curious on what songs they'll choose for the final weeks.

Top Bottom