• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of New Remixes

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
yeah that's true, a few of the new remixes (like lost portrait and aquarius) are listed under the HoD section. same thing with the fortress boss theme from mario world, which is listed as the remix from NSMB2
Yeah, sounds like they actually did more than just porting HoD songs. Pretty interesting approach.

Am I allowed to curse here?

I just discovered Sand ******* Ocean remix. Can I please ******* curse in here! PLEASE!!! :love: This is out of a dream!
Yeah, I admit that one really caught me off guard.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
MY MESSAGE TO ALL OF YOU

First of all, my apologies for going inactive all day, I was preoccupied with other things. I wish I could have been on here experiencing everything with you!

I totally wasn't expecting the whole soundtrack to drop so soon. Its kind of bittersweet: obviously I'm super excited to listen to all of the full songs in crystal clear quality, but it was really fun hanging out here searching for bits and pieces of new songs!

Its been a blast discussing and speculating music with all of you. I really tried to do everything I can to make this the best thread for Smash music fans, I hope you all had fun! I'd like to thank everybody who helped contribute to this thread - I'm a busy university student who really couldn't have done it without you all!

I'll write up a post with my thoughts on the full soundtrack sometime tomorrow, but I want to deal with a couple of things first:
  • Should I update the original post with the complete song list? I want to do it for the sake of completion, but at the same time - that's admittedly a rather huge chore. Plus, websites like SmashWiki will probably have the full list written up before me. But it would be a shame to not finished what I started, what do you think?
  • I want to make a complete "Best New Smash Ultimate Remix" poll with all the new remixes. I'm wondering: should I update the current one and just add in the remaining remixes? Or make a completely new one and start from scratch? I feel like a lot of people wouldn't end up retaking the original poll, so making a new poll might be more accurate, what do you think?
I think you should finish the list in the OP, it'll look really cool once everything's filled out and visually it's a lot more fun to look at than on Smash Wiki.
Also you might as well make a new poll because of all the revealed remixes today.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
MY MESSAGE TO ALL OF YOU :)

First of all, my apologies for going inactive all day, I was preoccupied with other things. I wish I could have been on here experiencing everything with you!

I totally wasn't expecting the whole soundtrack to drop so soon. Its kind of bittersweet: obviously I'm super excited to listen to all of the full songs in crystal clear quality, but it was really fun hanging out here searching for bits and pieces of new songs!

Its been a blast discussing and speculating music with all of you. I really tried to do everything I can to make this the best thread for Smash music fans, I hope you all had fun! I'd like to thank everybody who helped contribute to this thread - I'm a busy university student who really couldn't have done it without you all!

I'll write up a post with my thoughts on the full soundtrack sometime tomorrow, but I want to deal with a couple of things first:
  • Should I update the original post with the complete song list? I want to do it for the sake of completion, but at the same time - that's admittedly a rather huge chore. Plus, websites like SmashWiki will probably have the full list written up before me. But it would be a shame to not finished what I started, what do you think?
  • I want to make a complete "Best New Smash Ultimate Remix" poll with all the new remixes. I'm wondering: should I update the current one and just add in the remaining remixes? Or make a completely new one and start from scratch? I feel like a lot of people wouldn't end up retaking the original poll, so making a new poll might be more accurate, what do you think?
-If you have the time, go ahead and finish. But I think there's a Drive document that has all the songs.
-Start from scratch, it's the most fair option. Gangplank Galleon will win either way.

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
yeah gonna have to agree with meatofjustice here, you should make a separate listing for the full roster of new remixes. don't worry too much about finishing the OP if you don't have time for it

Last edited:

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
I'll write up a post with my thoughts on the full soundtrack sometime tomorrow, but I want to deal with a couple of things first:​

Well I say just leave the thread as it is simply to serve as an archive of all you guys hard work, & to make a new poll instead of changing the old just so showcase our favourites of the Samples we were given before the game dropped.

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Alright, I think making a new poll is definitely the way to go. I'll get working on that over the weekend!

As for the OP, how does this sound: I'll turn it into a complete list of new remixes - including links and, when the info is known, who composed each song.
And I'll just leave the ported songs for elsewhere, like the Smash Wiki and BarrierTrio's spreadsheet?

PixelPasta PixelPasta
Soon enough, you can finally rest, and watch the sun rise on a grateful SmashBoards. Thanks for keeping up an excellent OP! :)
Was proud to be welcomed into your thread Pixel!
Guys! We're at our Final Destination! Thank you everyone and thank you PixelPasta PixelPasta for collating such an ultimate list for an ultimate OST. It's really cool seeing the community work together and comb through hours of footage to find new songs. I'm really happy for what we have - I got Zinnia after all. No sign of Ultra Necrozma yet but I'm hopeful! I've also learned about other awesome songs. Bloody Tears, Vampire Killer, and Moonstruck Blossom are incredible. I think we can all agree, the OST is a huge part of what makes Smash Brothers great.
The big attention given to music is one of my favorite parts of the Smash Bros series. Thank you PixelPasta PixelPasta and everyone else who helped out in this thread.
You are all very welcome, I'm glad you've enjoyed browsing this thread :)
It was great to bring a little community together to share in our passion about video game music!

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Alright, I think making a new poll is definitely the way to go. I'll get working on that over the weekend!

As for the OP, how does this sound: I'll turn it into a complete list of new remixes - including links and, when the info is known, who composed each song.
And I'll just leave the ported songs for elsewhere, like the Smash Wiki and BarrierTrio's spreadsheet?

You are all very welcome, I'm glad you've enjoyed browsing this thread :)
It was great to bring a little community together to share in our passion about video game music!
Yeah, that's a pretty good idea. I'm mostly just interested in the new remixes anyways.

EDIT: And Crunchii's channel just became an enormous spoiler, time to avoid smash music like the plague until the game releases. Already finised listening to all the non-world of light-related remixes.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I just counted the total number of Street Fighter tracks (excluding Pinch versions), that's 38 songs, 2 more compared to the 36 displayed during August's direct.

... Could it be that the Character Select theme is a menu music? Just extrapolation here, but if it's the case, this game is more than the best game ever.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
I just counted the total number of Street Fighter tracks (excluding Pinch versions), that's 38 songs, 2 more compared to the 36 displayed during August's direct.

... Could it be that the Character Select theme is a menu music? Just extrapolation here, but if it's the case, this game is more than the best game ever.
Oh man. If the original Street Fighter II player select theme is a menu option in Smash I'll die.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
sad the snipperclips remix is so mediocre when the soundtrack of that game is so good
There are a few songs that ended up really disappointing. Gladion's theme is probably the worst offender for me. Love the original song and the remix is just very cheap sounding.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Looks like some new remixes and new original BGM tracks have recently been uploaded onto YouTube. However, so far there's nothing that suggests that Master Core is back.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
There are a few songs that ended up really disappointing. Gladion's theme is probably the worst offender for me. Love the original song and the remix is just very cheap sounding.
It falls into the same thing that Cynthia's theme did; it took an intense theme and made it sound more calm.
Anyways anything Pokemon related is forgiven because of Zinnia's theme. I did not expect it to go that hard.

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
17 remixes for Mega Man feels like a joke when there's only one stage to play them on and the stage isn't even good.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Yay music! I'm just a little bummed that there was pretty much nothing new from Fire Emblem Fates' amazing soundtrack (despite Echoes getting several ported songs), Dark Samus's theme didn't make it in (but why?), and Pokemon X/Y's Elite Four battle theme didn't make it in again. I'm also sad for all the cut songs, for completion's sake, you know? Minor complaints though; a lot of what we did get is amazing, and I can't wait to fight to it in the game :)

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
This soundtrack is incredible.
My only real gripe is that some series got a RIDICULOUS amount of love while others didn't get anything.

I'm glad the composers were allowed to work on whatever they wanted, but I think Sakurai and his team should have at least made sure all of the series got at least one new remix or something.

Mornal

Smash Cadet
So to be clear, is there a definitive list of returning songs that are cut?

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
OKAY just finished working out the wiki list. took a few hours, actually. but every song in the game is there

So to be clear, is there a definitive list of returning songs that are cut?
off the top of my head:
  • ground theme ver. 2 from brawl
  • jungle level ver. 1 from brawl
  • dk jungle 1 from barrel blast
  • midna's lament (original)
  • molgera (original)
  • the great sea (original)
  • vs. parasite queen (original)
  • checker knights
  • forest/nature area (original)
  • battle! wild pokémon (d/p, ssb4 version)
  • wrath of the reset bomb (original)
  • dark pit (full version, ssb4)
  • ai no uta
  • tane no uta
  • ai no uta (french)
  • famicom medley (brawl)
  • theme of solid snake (original)
  • right there ride on
  • yokai dochuki retro medley
  • bravoman retro medley

Last edited:

s07195

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 4502 0980 9128
Man, no songs from FE if/Fates other than Lost in Thoughts makes me sad.

On the other hand, Awake is a full remix!!!

fersmashing

Smash Cadet
MY MESSAGE TO ALL OF YOU

You gathered all of us here. Without you, this happening wouldn't take place here, surrounded by so much hype. Thank you for having the idea and, if you have compromises, don't push you too much!

SmashBasher123

Smash Cadet
Aw, I'm actually gonna miss that Bravoman retro medley, it was one of my most played songs in Pac-Land.

Now that I've kinda looked through the song list and listened to some (though not all) of the new remixes and thought through things, I can honestly say I'm pretty satisfied with what we got. I still have a lot of disappointments thinking it over (no Fates music at all apart from Lost in Thoughts, Gaiden's Map 5/Twilight of the Gods not actually being in, no new Tropical Freeze ports, no Chibi-Robo or Mystery Dungeon tracks, no new remixes whatsoever from Wario, Xenoblade, etc.) and find some very odd choices on the songs we *did* get (Funky's Fugue and Ice Cave Chant are... pretty random songs to port over from the original DKC with no other song ports from that game, for example, as much as I like both). But (at least from what I've heard so far) the tracks we *did* get are absolutely stellar. I didn't think any of the other Donkey Kong remixes could top Gangplank Galleon, but Snakey Chantey and Crocodile Cacophony do a fantastic job, I enjoy the Fire Emblem remixes we did get, I'm happy Codename STEAM at least got acknowledged with a baller remix, Zinnia's theme somehow got even better, and I could go on and on. There are only like one or two songs so far I'm kind of "eh" on (a bit disappointed with Gladion's theme honestly, and I'm not sure how I feel about the new Magicant remix personally), which for a game that boasts a total 900+ soundtrack is pretty dang impressive. I really do think Ultimate stands to have the ultimate video game soundtrack despite a few minor frustrations on my end. I think in the end giving the composers their pick on what they wanted to pick paid out for the remixes, you can really feel the passion they had on almost every song when rearranging them, and it's led to some amazing tunes! All in all, my hats are off to Sakurai's music team and every composer that worked on the soundtrack for this game, and here's looking forward to even more additions to this amazing music list with DLC! :)

(also, somewhat unrelated and I don't mean to add on even more negativity, but anyone else not a huge fan of most of the newly changed victory themes? A lot of the old ones feel lazily cropped or sped up in a way that kind of ruins the original reference and makes them sound worse for no apparent reason I can think of, in my opinion... the Ice Climbers one in particular got super butchered!)

Top Bottom