• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of New Remixes

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Few more returning tracks I found in the streams:
  • Go K.K. Rider! - Animal Crossing
  • Slide - Super Mario 64
  • World Map (Pikmin 2)
  • Bramble Blast (Stickerbush Symphony)
Was Slider a new remix, or the Melee version (Rainbow Cruise)? Or just the original?
Really glad to hear about the Pikmin World Map and Stickerbush Symphony. Those are probably my two favourite Brawl remixes, I've been awaiting their confirmation!
EDIT: Actually, was the Pikmin map theme the one from Brawl or Smash 4?

Also, new song tonight! Any guesses? I'm feeling like something Street Fighter is a strong possibility.

Last edited:

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
hello! i wanted to make an account to help out with this thread, and share some of my findings. i've been working on the smashwiki list of music, so a lot of what you see there is info i've gleaned from gameplay footage and this thread. thank you for your help, and i want to try and help out here too.

regarding the above post, from what i can tell, slide is the rainbow cruise remix from melee, and world map is the brawl remix (the ssb4 one is called "Stage Select")

also, going to take a guess for the new song tonight: chun-li stage remix?

King Zekrom

Smash Apprentice
Was Slider a new remix, or the Melee version (Rainbow Cruise)? Or just the original?
Really glad to hear about the Pikmin World Map and Stickerbush Symphony. Those are probably my two favourite Brawl remixes, I've been awaiting their confirmation!
EDIT: Actually, was the Pikmin map theme the one from Brawl or Smash 4?

Also, new song tonight! Any guesses? I'm feeling like something Street Fighter is a strong possibility.
I'd like to hear the Breath of the Wild 2017 Trailer theme - it was confirmed some while ago but it hasn't been used in directs, or heard in game yet. I think it's the first Smash song to not be used in a game (right?) and it's also freaking awesome.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Although pretty obvious it would be included, the vanilla New Donk City theme is in the game. (funnily enough, found on Rainbow Cruise rather than New Donk itself)
Oh man, now I'm wondering how many of the songs will clash with some stages now that stage music is shared within a franchise. I can see it now; New Donk City on Luigi's Mansion. Porky's Theme on Onett. Route 209 on Unovan Pokemon League.

It'll probably be Street Fighter. I hope it's a new one we haven't heard yet. Maybe a Chun-Li or Zangief remix.

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
I'm hoping we'll get remix sample uploads from the franchises that haven't gotten one yet sans the likes of FF7, but my gut tells me that won't be the case.

I still have to wonder why they've stopped doing that and only now are uploading another new arrangement from franchises already having one.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
hello! i wanted to make an account to help out with this thread, and share some of my findings. i've been working on the smashwiki list of music, so a lot of what you see there is info i've gleaned from gameplay footage and this thread. thank you for your help, and i want to try and help out here too.

regarding the above post, from what i can tell, slide is the rainbow cruise remix from melee, and world map is the brawl remix (the ssb4 one is called "Stage Select")

also, going to take a guess for the new song tonight: chun-li stage remix?
Thank you for this!
I hope this topic will prove helpful to you!

Just skimming your list, one thing that stuck out to me is that you listed "Title Theme (Animal Crossing)" as a new remix. I haven't come across this one yet, and as far as I remember I don't think it was brought up by anyone else in this thread - do you remember where this one was featured by any chance?

Last edited:

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
Just skimming your list, one thing that stuck out to me is that you listed "Title Theme (Animal Crossing)" as a new remix. I haven't come across this one yet, and as far as I remember I don't think it was brought up by anyone else in this thread - do you remember where this one was heard by any chance?
here and here. it's not easy to hear, BUT we know it's not the wild world title theme because i've seen gameplay that properly lists it as "Title Theme - Animal Crossing: Wild World"

also, looks like the new remix is guile's theme

Last edited:

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
YES!

So very stoked to hear Yuzo Koshiro to be returning as a main player!

Not to mention he's the one behind the arrangement of mr family man himself!

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Not gonna lie, this is what I was hoping to see from tonight’s update. I know it’s not super different, but hearing Guile’s Theme in Smash is crazy awesome.

Simon Belmont can fight Cloud Strife with Guile’s Theme blaring in the background in an official licensed Nintendo game. What a time we live in.

Last edited:

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
oh! another thing i forgot to mention, but "Staff Credits - Kirby's Dream Land" is actually a medley! it includes the original credits theme from kirby's dream land and the milky way wishes credits theme from kirby super star. that's where the green greens part comes from!
This makes said track EVEN BETTER!

Considering the milky way wishes staff roll was one of my personal MOST requested new additions!

Mornal

Smash Cadet
Would also like to point out that this channel confirms the return of Kid Icarus's Overworld (Brawl), Forest/Nature Area from Smash 4 (the remix), and Area 6 ver. 2.

Additionally, apparently Crunchii has been posting extensions based on personal playtime with the demo at a Best Buy kiosk, so it might be worth considering to put anything posted here at least into the "loosely confirmed" pile.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Looks like we got Guile's Theme after all. Oh well, it's a sweet remix.

The next 4 weeks are gonna be tough to wait through. There's still so many songs we don't know about yet. Makes me wanna make a bingo list of songs I wanna see make it into Smash.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I just realized with them having to put all the Type A and Type B versions of the Street fighter songs how many new remixes we'd get. According to Crunchii we have 27 Street fighter songs so far, including the Ryu, Ken, Vega, and Guile remixes, so that means we're getting around 9 more remixes, meaning we'd have 11 this game.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Never gave my thoughts, but Guile's Theme sounds awesome and its so good to finally have it in Smash!
I also forgot to update the poll yesterday. Now you can re-take it, if Guile Stage has made it into your top 5.

Additionally, apparently Crunchii has been posting extensions based on personal playtime with the demo at a Best Buy kiosk, so unless he's outright lying I'd say it's reasonable to put anything posted here at least into the "loosely confirmed" pile.
For the sake of this topic I'm trying to only list things that I can concretely source. Not that I think Crunchii would lie about that, I just think its easier that way.
Plus, it looks like Crunchii's channel has like... every song that's ever been in Smash, so it would take me ages to update the post. I'd personally prefer to continue with the incremental updates as we discover bits and pieces of video/audio evidence. Hope that decision is okay with everyone else

Sorry to say, that's already on the list, amigo.
Its nice to have a somewhat cleaner-sounding version though!

Last edited:

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
I just realized with them having to put all the Type A and Type B versions of the Street fighter songs how many new remixes we'd get. According to Crunchii we have 27 Street fighter songs so far, including the Ryu, Ken, Vega, and Guile remixes, so that means we're getting around 9 more remixes, meaning we'd have 11 this game.
there are 36, so that probably splits up to 12 Type A, 12 Type B, and 12 new remixes. i have to imagine it'll just be the SFII character themes

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
This video seems to confirm Silence from F-Zero as a new track. I can't tell if it's a remix or not, but it's there. Also if you don't have it, I think the original White Land was confirmed a little while back.
EDIT:
This video below confirms the original Link to the Past overworld theme
Also as an aside, Pokemon Stadium 2 (or whichever one had the Johto themes) has been renamed to Pokemon Gold/Silver medley.

Last edited:

Mornal

Smash Cadet
From today's uploads from smashbrosspain:
We get uploads of all the periscope matches! This provides hard evidence for:

Mgs4 Theme of Love

Ground Theme - New Super Mario Bros 2 (so you can make sure it's a port)

We get to see the title "Muck Warfare" confirming that's what the song actually is.

Brinstar Depths (Melee)

Super Mario Bros. Medley (4)

Main theme - Twilight Princess

Time's running out!

Hail from the Past

Keeper of the Lake

World Circuit

Egg Planet

Battle! Wild Pokemon (Diamond/Pearl) (Brawl)

Port Town

Champion Cynthia

In addition:

Silence - F-Zero is in the game now. I'd assume a port if any of the other Mute City SNES songs are anything to go by.

Overworld - LttP returns as a ported song.

Stage Clear / Title - Pikmin returns.

Mona's Pizza Song returns.

"Slide" from Mario 64 does indeed return as a ported song.

For some reason they didn't upload the match with Bathtime Theme so there's still no existing footage of it being a new remix. But still some new finds today!

Last edited:

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
good to see that mona pizza's song is back!! this probably means mike's song is back too, which is good to hear after they were skipped in ssb4

Last edited:

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
So the only new Sonic track that's been detected is "Fist Bump?" What a disappointment. I wish Sega would let the Smash music team go as bonkers with the deep catalog of classic Sonic jams as Capcom and Konami are letting them with Mega Man and Castlevania.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
So the only new Sonic track that's been detected is "Fist Bump?" What a disappointment. I wish Sega would let the Smash music team go as bonkers with the deep catalog of classic Sonic jams as Capcom and Konami are letting them with Mega Man and Castlevania.
To be fair, we didn't have many matches seen at all on Green Hill or Windy Hill Zone. Also there's no way to see the music on particular stages and they're shifted to the point where you rarely see anything new on the demo.

Mornal

Smash Cadet
I mean, we already know that Sonic is getting at least four tracks that weren't in previous smash games, and there's potentially more than that if any are unlockable.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I mean, we already know that Sonic is getting at least four tracks that weren't in previous smash games, and there's potentially more than that if any are unlockable.
Actually at least two. If every Sonic song from Brawl and Smash 4 were to return, that'd make 18 songs, leaving 2 left (since it says 20 on the sound test). Hopefully 20 isn't the final count though.

Also, love this thread. Been keeping up with my music spread sheet for the song confirmations thanks to this thread and the SSB Wiki!

Last edited:

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
I mean is SEGA and Sonic Team overall more demanding when it comes to licensing out all of their music, cause I thought that was only the case with the original Genesis trilogy, which I'm aware has the MOST red tape surrounding it in terms of sound.

I'm guessing there's a difference between hiring composers from said company and acquiring permission to allow new arrangements from said guest franchise.

Still it would be a huge wasted opportunity if this was the case, which also goes for the like of Bayonetta in not getting a single brand new remix.

Also on a final note, I realize vocal themes are a trademark of the series but there's so much so to Sonic in the array of iconic instrumental level themes that go well past the original games.

Naoshi

It'll be honestly disappointing that if there's no new Sonic remixes since Jun and Ohtani are on board. There's plenty of stage songs they can easily pick out from the mainline entries. Sonic 1 and 2 are definitely harder to get the rights of (due to the band Dreams Come True I think?), along with some of Sonic 3's songs (Carnival Night, Ice Cap and Launch Base Zone).

But I'd imagine with Green Hill Zone's song being in, there's probably isn't that much of a problem for the first 2 games. At least Sonic 3 and Knuckles shouldn't have any major issues outside of the 3 aforementioned levels (Outside of Ice Cap, the other two songs aren't that popular anyways). They can just remix Hydrocity or Flying Battery there. (At least we still have the Angel Island remix).

Ohtani has been involved with the more modern titles so it'd be nice to at least see them giving something like Colors or SA2 some major consideration for remixing. Though I am aware that the majority of the remixes in Smash (in general) are done by people not actually involved in respective series the songs are from, but still!

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero

Hey guys. Nothing substantial, but the second match in this video confirms that the 'Paper Mario Medley' from Wii U/3DS returns.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Hey vivaceharmony vivaceharmony - I was looking through the Smashwiki music list again, and I noticed that "Kirby's Return to Dream Land - Staff Roll" is listed as a new remix - but the link leads to the original Kirby's Dream Land Staff Credits Remix we already knew about. Is this an error, or was a new remix of the RtDL credits theme spotted at some point as well?

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
Hey vivaceharmony vivaceharmony - I was looking through the Smashwiki music list again, and I noticed that "Kirby's Return to Dream Land - Staff Roll" is listed as a new remix - but the link leads to the original Kirby's Dream Land Staff Credits Remix we already knew about. Is this an error, or was a new remix of the RtDL credits theme spotted at some point as well?
Well, vivaceharmony vivaceharmony mentioned in a post earlier that the Kirby's Dream Land Staff Credits Remix was actually a medley that atleast also included the Credits Music from Super Star, so it wouldn't surprise me if it turns out there was another Kirby Game Credits Music mingled in.

Here's the post I was referencing to anyway -
oh! another thing i forgot to mention, but "Staff Credits - Kirby's Dream Land" is actually a medley! it includes the original credits theme from kirby's dream land and the milky way wishes credits theme from kirby super star. that's where the green greens part comes from!
Plus, unless I'm mistaken, there's also the possibility of the page being edited by someone that presumed (without double checking) that theirs a RtDL Credits Theme Remix in the game, since the Wiki is able to be edited by anyfolk.

Last edited:

Naoshi

Oh it's also Super Star? Would be pretty amazing if it also has RtDL's credits theme mixed in too so we can at least have a RtDL remix in some form.

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
hi, wanted to clarify that the return to dream land staff credits were listed in mistake -- someone else added that, and as far as i'm aware that remix is just kirby's dream land and kirby super star

Top Bottom