• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of New Remixes

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
With how Final Fantasy only had 2 tracks, and Dragon Quest has 2 tracks per game that the playable Heroes come from, I wonder if it's less of a problem with the composers and more that Square-Enix just has a weird limit of 2 tracks per game + a victory theme that's not allowed to be remixed (I don't know if Hero's is remixed or not).

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
So how about all those new Banjo-Kazooie songs? Seven new tracks!
My favourite (besides Spiral Mountain of course) is that surf rock style arrangement of Gobi's Valley.

and... an official MEGALOVANIA remix by Toby Fox in Smash. What a crazy timeline.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Well with all the new music confirmed, now we just have to wait to see what music Terry brings with him. I'm hoping King of Fighters gets some songs into Smash because there are just so many good tracks that they just can't pass on.

fersmashing

Smash Cadet
I can confirm that it will be a remix of Terry Bogard's theme "Kurikinton" (from Fatal Fury 2). In the Nintendo Direct, it appears while showing the inclusion of Terry in the Fighter's Pass

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I can confirm that it will be a remix of Terry Bogard's theme "Kurikinton" (from Fatal Fury 2). In the Nintendo Direct, it appears while showing the inclusion of Terry in the Fighter's Pass
Thanks for pointing that out, I totally missed that! I went back and listened to it, it sounds so good from the little glimpse we got. Such a catchy song.

It makes me so happy that people still visit & help contribute to this thread :grin:

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
50 new tracks, how about that??
Part of me wishes the other DLC packs could have had more songs to balance it out (especially Banjo-Kazooie), but I can't complain, I'll take 50 more songs in a heartbeat. Glad to see some Metal Slug in there!

Anyone had a chance to listen through the new songs yet? Any favourites? The Kurikinton remix is catchy as heck.
Also, the poll is updated if anyone wants to re-take it!

Last edited:

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
I love these new Smash remixes of Fatal Fury/King of Fighters/SNK Music! Especially Yoko Shimomura’s remix of Pasta from Fatal Fury 2.

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I love these new Smash remixes of Fatal Fury/King of Fighters/SNK Music! Especially Yoko Shimomura’s remix of Pasta from Fatal Fury 2.
Pasta is definitely a stand out for me. I just KNEW it was Yoko when I heard it in the background of the presentation!

I'd say these are my personal favourites of the new remixes:
1. Kurikinton (amazing blend of jazz and rock)
2. 11th Street (super funky, love the solos)
3. Forest World (I had no idea this song existed before today, but wow its just so delightfully catchy!)

Its nice to discover so many great tunes, because aside from Metal Slug (both of its remixes are also amazing) I was barely familiar with the music of these SNK franchises

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Setting My Music for the King of Fighters Stadium is the hardest out of any stage. The abundance of amazing remixes and nostalgic original versions could keep me lost for hours.

The only thing I wish is that some of the tracks could play on more fitting areas. What I would give to get Kurikinton on Spirit Tracks, Assault Theme (Metal Slug) on Halberd, ART of FIGHT/Banquet of Nature on Suzaku Castle, etc.

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
To think today marks a year already ever since the entire soundtrack was unveiled to us.

But look at far it's come since then.

Already five new franchises have joined in with musical representation, with the likes of B-K, Persona, and even Undertale now being part of what is single handily the largest collection of video game tunes ever; which I feel is gonna keep growing and expanding!

Was just curious if after said time has passed that either Ultimate still has the best collection of brand new arrangements compared to it's predecessors or if say you feel Brawl edges it out entirely or by just a smidge in said department.

For me it still remains that these remixes are the best this crossover has seen since it sounds as if nearly each and every one had true passion and heart poured into their composition.

Also to note is that Ultimate has broken the record in the amount of arrangements; considering Brawl initially had the largest amount prior to the whopping unload the latest challenger pack gave us!

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
So, we're getting ARMS music!!! Finally!

What sort of tracklist would you like to see for the ARMS stage? Here's are my hopes:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
So, we're getting ARMS music!!! Finally!

What sort of tracklist would you like to see for the ARMS stage? Here's are my hopes:
Hey, this was kinda right! Here are the actual songs:

Remixes
-ARMS Grand Prix Official Theme Song
-Ramen Bowl

Originals
-Spring Stadium
-Ribbon Ring
-Ninja College
-Mausoleum
-Scrapyard
-Cinema Deux
-Buster Beach
-Snake Park
-DNA Lab
-Sky Arena
-Via Dolce
-Temple Grounds
-Sparring Ring
-[NAME REDACTED]
-Vs. Hedlok
-ARMS Grand Prix Final Battle

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Only 7 songs seems like a bit of a letdown/on the low side, but given the source material/comments on music that "doesn't fit action" I'm not too surprised.

That said I'm still eagerly awaiting the presentation tomorrow/full release to hear the full version of that remix. It is extraordinary how this game's music makes you feel like you never knew how much nostalgia is possible for such simple themes.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
7 songs? Where was that confirm?
ZhugeEX, a dude who appears to get some inside info and is very credible, mentioned it:

However, I’m not 100% sure this is his info or a mistake, since Sakurai, Nintendo, nor Mojang have said anything about how much music is included.

edit: nvm I missed the website’s info. :ultgreninja:‘d. Thank you IsmaR.

Kinda stinks, hopefully there will be remixes of Minecraft and Sweden, and maybe Cat + Dog at least. I know they’ll all be good though.

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Does anybody know the song that is being remixed in the trailer? I can't identify it - is it an original composition?

I hope that the seven tracks include a good handful of cool high-energy Minecraft remixes! I'm hoping for "Minecraft," "Sweden," "Wet Hands" (maybe in a medley with its sibling, "Dry Hands"), and "Mice on Venus" to be remixed. As for ported-in songs, we need "Pigstep" from the latest Nether update.

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so here’s the song list (bold means new remix):
  • Halland / Dalarna
  • Earth
  • Clockwork Crafter
  • Toys on a Tear
  • Dance of the Blocks
  • Glider
  • The Arch-Illager
None of these are from the original game, though. There’s no tracks from that.
I'm honestly want to know what Sakurai meant by not getting them in.
Is it because of;
A) no permission
or
B) the difficulty of making a high-intensity remix.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
It’s definitely strange we didn’t get any maingame music; Halland was also slow and calm, and some music discs aren’t too calm. Maybe it was C418, idk. There are a few tracks by Lena Raine, but they’re all new Nether tracks, so I understand why those wouldn’t be chosen.

At least the music we got still sounds really good, though, and Halland keeps the feel of original Minecraft.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Sakurai: “We didn’t add music from the original game because it was too calm”

Also Sakurai: “Let’s use a remix of the camp theme from Minecraft Dungeons, a very calm, somber song, for the big trailer”

I think it’s pretty clear that rights issues were the reason we don’t have any songs from the original soundtrack, which makes sense.

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
“Dance of the Blocks” definitely sounds like it was remixed by Yoko Shimomura. I’d know her style anywhere.
You called it! Dance of the Blocks was remixed by Yoko - it totally does sound like something from Kingdom Hearts or Mario & Luigi!

Also of note:
The amazing Halland / Dalarna remix was by ACE, the Xenoblade composers!!
Toys on a Tear was by Yuzo Koshiro, famous for Streets of Rage
and the Arch-Illager remix was by Motoi Sakuraba, who also composed Dark Souls, which I just find funny

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Nothing particularly new/substantial, but I thought this insight from one of the aforementioned composers was interesting (specifically them citing the "150 second rule" for Smash songs)

Top Bottom