• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of New Remixes

segillav

Smash Apprentice
This is what I ended up voting for in the poll (in alphabetical order)
Afternoon On The Island
Beyond Distant Skies (Roy's Departure)
City Trial
Crocodile Cacophony
Magicant
Midna's Lament
Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017 Trailer BGM
Vs. Parasite Queen
We're Robots (Dr. Wily Stage 2)
Wood Man Stage

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
What I voted for:

Beyond the Distant Skies
Bloody Tears/Monster Dance
Crocodile Cacophany
Death Mountain
Destiny (Ablaze)
Divine Bloodlines
F-Zero Medley
Nintendo Switch Presentation Trailer 2017 (Breath of the Wild)
Under this Banner
Out of Time

Hard to rank all of them specifically though Death Mountain, Beyond the Distant Skies, and F-Zero Medley are in my top 3.

Last edited:

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
Found another soundtrack that I like but I'm not sure if this one was arranged coming into Ultimate considering I didn't play Hey! Pikmin.

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
All of the Hey! Pikmin tracks are ports. The game had some surprisingly good music.

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
Well I'll be damned!

The very last music sample before base release is how to play!

Not only that but we can now confirm Motoi Sakuraba was the arranger!

Really does scream his style after all!

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
User was warned for this post; double posting(Please edit your messages instead).
I do wanna add as to why certain returning remixes like Pollyanna from Mother 2 are still abridged while a good chunk of these new remixes exceed past the two minute mark?

Is it ultimately to conserve space due to how many total music tracks there are!?

Last edited:

fersmashing

Smash Cadet
I knew it. With such a large cast of composers, they had to show one remix made by Motoi Sakuraba. Fun fact: it's not the first Smash Bros tune he arranges.

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
Anyone else kind of amazed by how bad the default settings in My Music are? I haven't looked through all of it yet because I've only been playing World of Light and all the music there is pre-set anyway, but I did look through enough to see that almost all the new Pokemon remixes are set very low on almost every stage. Same with Crocodile Cacophony and Snakey Chantey. I don't understand what they were thinking.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Anyone else kind of amazed by how bad the default settings in My Music are? I haven't looked through all of it yet because I've only been playing World of Light and all the music there is pre-set anyway, but I did look through enough to see that almost all the new Pokemon remixes are set very low on almost every stage. Same with Crocodile Cacophony and Snakey Chantey. I don't understand what they were thinking.
I don’t have much time now, so I played only for about 4.5 hours last night. I went straight to My Music and I managed to get...most of the music set. And that’s it. In over 4.5 hours, and I’m not done.

I do love having so many songs, don’t get me wrong. I also love being able to set them all myself.

Still...

There is definitely a “Set all songs to 0%” button desperately needed so we can shut everything down and then just activate what we want. Scrolling through 80+ songs for 16 stages, each with most songs on 1%, just to move that bar a little more left really got old. The Mario series alone took an hour to get set up. Mind, I’d planned which songs go on which stages last week, so without it, I don’t even want to know how bad it’d have been. Whaddya know, leaks are good sometimes - I needed the mined songs up for planning so I could get this setup done in half the time...

I hope it doesn’t auto-set the unlockable songs to 1 percent on each stage, but I’m expecting it. I’m just glad I’m anal enough to have everything written down and checked off. Hopefully I’ll get the rest set up in about an hour or two after work today, and then I may actually be able to play the game legit.

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
I hope it doesn’t auto-set the unlockable songs to 1 percent on each stage, but I’m expecting it. I’m just glad I’m anal enough to have everything written down and checked off. Hopefully I’ll get the rest set up in about an hour or two after work today, and then I may actually be able to play the game legit.
It does. I made the mistake of setting up the Mario stages the way I wanted them too and I've been having to go through each stage every time I unlock a song to turn it off everywhere except where I want it lol. I make sure to back out of World of Light every now and then to clear the shop of any music. I'll set everything else up once I'm done with it completely and hopefully I'll have almost all the music by then.

By the way, in case anyone didn't know, some music tracks are obtained through treasure chests in World of Light. Off the top of my head, I've already gotten Melty Monster, Forest Stage from Kirby Air Ride, and Jungle Level Tribal Style from it (I think I got Jazz Style from there too).

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
It does. I made the mistake of setting up the Mario stages the way I wanted them too and I've been having to go through each stage every time I unlock a song to turn it off everywhere except where I want it lol. I make sure to back out of World of Light every now and then to clear the shop of any music. I'll set everything else up once I'm done with it completely and hopefully I'll have almost all the music by then.

By the way, in case anyone didn't know, some music tracks are obtained through treasure chests in World of Light. Off the top of my head, I've already gotten Melty Monster, Forest Stage from Kirby Air Ride, and Jungle Level Tribal Style from it (I think I got Jazz Style from there too).
Thanks for the info.

Glad I’m checking everything off as I go. I’ve just gott hold onto those sheets so I don’t forget anything.

Yeeeah, this could have been streamlined in some fashion.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
The music frequency is a bit weird indeed, but I have to say: I loooove the fact that you can straight up select the song you want when selecting the stage.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
The default music selection is ridiculously aggravating, glad I'm not the only one to feel that way. I hate how so many of the stages have tons of songs just barely nudged to the right, meaning I have to scroll through the entire list to set everything to zero instead of just adjusting the songs I like. Its especially annoying for series with lots of songs like Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Miscellaneous... I agree a "set all to zero" button is really needed.

Now that I have the games and have fiddled around with the music, I'm really hoping they'll patch the Super Mario World / Yoshi situation. Its so weird. I also kind of wish the Mario Party and Mario Sports songs were grouped with Mario Kart music, I think its more fitting and would help balance the two lists.

I really like that you can guarantee a specific song to play when you select a stage! That's an amazing idea, I've already used it a lot when I'm in the mood for a particular song! Making playlists is also pretty fun, but I haven't had much time to really dig into that yet.

I'm not super familiar with the Persona series. Anybody have predictions/hopes for new remixes or ports?

Last edited:

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
The default music selection is ridiculously aggravating, glad I'm not the only one to feel that way. I hate how so many of the stages have tons of songs just barely nudged to the right, meaning I have to scroll through the entire list to set everything to zero instead of just adjusting the songs I like. Its especially annoying for series with lots of songs like Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Miscellaneous... I agree a "set all to zero" button is really needed.

Now that I have the games and have fiddled around with the music, I'm really hoping they'll patch the Super Mario World / Yoshi situation. Its so weird. I also kind of wish the Mario Party and Mario Sports songs were grouped with Mario Kart music, I think its more fitting and would help balance the two lists.

I really like that you can guarantee a specific song to play when you select a stage! That's an amazing idea, I've already used it a lot when I'm in the mood for a particular song! Making playlists is also pretty fun, but I haven't had much time to really dig into that yet.

I'm not super familiar with the Persona series. Anybody have predictions/hopes for new remixes or ports?
Remix Ideas:
Hymn of the Soul aka the theme for the Velvet Room that's been a staple of this spinoff series
Beneath the Mask (overworld theme)
Layer Cake (weapon shop theme)
Mementos (theme of the optional and randomized dungeon)
A Woman (theme of the second dungeon)

Port Suggestions:
Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There (opening cinematic theme)
Life Will Change (theme when performing a heist)
Will Power (boss theme)
Blooming Villain (alternate boss theme)
Price-another version (third dungeon theme during second half)
Sweatshop (fifth dungeon theme)
The Whims of Fate (sixth dungeon theme)
Ark (seventh dungeon theme)
Rivers of the Desert (seventh dungeon boss theme)
Last Surprise (standard battle theme)

Domino11332

Smash Apprentice
Anyone else having trouble with it playing music that’s not set during Online battles?

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom

Here's some of the spinoff music from Perssona I want. Again, hoping Persona gets the Castlevania treatment, and hoping even more we don't get a Cloud scenario.

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
The fact that they specified Smash Bros. x Persona 5 rather than just Persona (similar to how they specified Final Fantasy VII) makes me skeptical we'll get music for non-P5 games but we'll see. I'd love to see I'll Face Myself from P4.

Right now my biggest fear is that the vocal tracks will be too wrapped up in rights issues and all we'll get is instrumentations.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Man it took me forever to go through each stage on My Music and set things right. It's even worse on those stages that just use the Other Series. I was determined. Took me like an hour. But my favorite tracks are on the stages I want now.

CleverDan

Smash Cadet
Right now my biggest fear is that the vocal tracks will be too wrapped up in rights issues and all we'll get is instrumentations.
I'm still wish we got the original version of Snake Eater, Tomorrow is Mine w/ lyrics, Moon River and Fly Me to the Moon from Bayonetta, Heritors of Arcadia from Fire Emblem, and a return of Pikmin songs from Brawl.

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Hi friends, ittle question:
Is there any list of how to unlock music, or at least which tracks are hidden behind challenges?
Specifically, I’m looking for House Preview from Animal Crossing HHD. I don’t know if it’s in the Store or if it’s in a challenge, has anyone seen it.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
The fact that they specified Smash Bros. x Persona 5 rather than just Persona (similar to how they specified Final Fantasy VII) makes me skeptical we'll get music for non-P5 games but we'll see. I'd love to see I'll Face Myself from P4.

If Atlus was friendly enough to let them remix and use the vocal tracks in Bang Dream I'm pretty sure we'll get them in Smash.
Is there any list of how to unlock music, or at least which tracks are hidden behind challenges?
Specifically, I’m looking for House Preview from Animal Crossing HHD. I don’t know if it’s in the Store or if it’s in a challenge, has anyone seen it.
I unlocked House Preview recently, I think it's just one of the reward songs for beating classic mode.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I'm still wish we got the original version of Snake Eater, Tomorrow is Mine w/ lyrics, Moon River and Fly Me to the Moon from Bayonetta, Heritors of Arcadia from Fire Emblem, and a return of Pikmin songs from Brawl.
You do realize that the rights to Fly Me To The Moon and Moon River were never Sega's to begin with, right?

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
If Atlus was friendly enough to let them remix and use the vocal tracks in Bang Dream I'm pretty sure we'll get them in Smash.
I'd never heard of this before but I just looked it up and it seems like they didn't use any of the original tracks, the game only included covers so it's not necessarily a guarantee because they can be different when it comes to rights. I remember playing the Just Dance games and all of the Britney Spears songs would be cover versions rather than the originals. But hopefully!

mikanbouya

Smash Apprentice
I saw someone saying that the 64 menu theme is not available for the menu, despite being in the game. So it's just there to listen to in the sound page??

CleverDan

Smash Cadet
You do realize that the rights to Fly Me To The Moon and Moon River were never Sega's to begin with, right?
Of course, but the remix covers of those songs were made specifically for Bayonetta 1 and 2, and are fantastic. I wish they could have gotten the rights for them in Smash.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I'm still trying to figure out how to unlock all the songs too.
I know some are unlocked through World of Light, for example I found "Melty Monster" in a chest.
I haven't come across that song yet, but I'll keep an eye out for it!

EDIT -crump- -crump- : House Preview is a song you buy in the shop, I bought it today in my game!

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Hi guys! Just a quick question: do we know the total of songs in the Sound Test? I want to unlock everything before really going into the My Music settings, I'm currently at 876 and I don't get more in the shop or as reward for classic mode. Yet I don't have a message saying I've unlocked all the songs. I've have completed World of Light 100% too.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Hi guys! Just a quick question: do we know the total of songs in the Sound Test? I want to unlock everything before really going into the My Music settings, I'm currently at 876 and I don't get more in the shop or as reward for classic mode. Yet I don't have a message saying I've unlocked all the songs. I've have completed World of Light 100% too.
There's a few hidden in challanges too, so have you completed those?

KisukeKuchiki

Smash Rookie
Also got 100% on WoL also all 124 Challenges, 42 Charackters in Classic 3 of them 9.9 including a Smash Ticket, still at 876 Songs

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
876 appears to be the max.

I've been confused as to why I still don't have the original Wii Sports main theme. Turns out they cut it I guess and I didn't notice until now.

KisukeKuchiki

Smash Rookie
I only found a list with "all" the Songs, but they only had 852 Songs in total so its worthless I guess.

After some time spent searching for the max Number, it seems that Nintendo plans to include new Songs every Update and I don't mean for every Charackter Update but, literally every Update.

This could be the reason that we dont get the Milestone notification "Unlock every Musictrack"

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
So 876 seems to be the max, got it. Time to spend the whole day setting the music selection!

After some time spent searching for the max Number, it seems that Nintendo plans to include new Songs every Update and I don't mean for every Charackter Update but, literally every Update.

This could be the reason that we dont get the Milestone notification "Unlock every Musictrack"
Oooh, that would be interesting, do you have a source?

KisukeKuchiki

Smash Rookie
https://www.polygon.com/2018/8/8/17663992/super-smash-bros-ultimate-soundtrack-songs-list

From this side:

"Sakurai also confirmed that there will be additional songs added to the gigantic track list after launch, with plans to update the soundtrack on a regular basis. Ultimate has the largest number of music available in any Smash Bros. game by far, effectively turning your Switch into the most jam-packed, Nintendo-exclusive iPod ever. You can even make your own playlists, which is probably the most important part."

Edit: What about New Game+ ? Maybe in the chests there?

Last edited:

fersmashing

Smash Cadet
https://www.polygon.com/2018/8/8/17663992/super-smash-bros-ultimate-soundtrack-songs-list

From this side:

"Sakurai also confirmed that there will be additional songs added to the gigantic track list after launch, with plans to update the soundtrack on a regular basis. Ultimate has the largest number of music available in any Smash Bros. game by far, effectively turning your Switch into the most jam-packed, Nintendo-exclusive iPod ever. You can even make your own playlists, which is probably the most important part."

Edit: What about New Game+ ? Maybe in the chests there?
I suposse we're not talking only about the DLC new tracks

Top Bottom