• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of New Remixes

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Good to see the third party characters are getting new music. Hopefully this means we get to see something new from Sonic and Final Fantasy this time.

As usual, I'll be hoping for Xenoblade music next week

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Good to see the third party characters are getting new music. Hopefully this means we get to see something new from Sonic and Final Fantasy this time.

As usual, I'll be hoping for Xenoblade music next week
I'm feeling pretty pessimistic about new Final Fantasy arrangements. The series had no remixes in SSB4 and I have a bad feeling the same will happen in Ultimate - which is a huge shame, because Final Fantasy is known for its music and has no shortage of amazing, iconic, remix-worthy songs.

Sonic at least got one remix in the past, so maybe they'll finally remix a few more? (how about the franchise's most recognizable song, Green Hill Zone?!) Especially since both of the big Sonic composers right now are contributing songs to Ultimate's soundtrack.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
So James Bond really was planned for Melee, but had to be pushed back to Ultimate

Mrrp_The_Sheep

Smash Apprentice
I guess I was wrong about Metal Gear not getting any new tracks, but I am quite happy to be wrong as the remix is really great. Leaves me hoping we will get some Final Fantasy songs

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I'm feeling pretty pessimistic about new Final Fantasy arrangements. The series had no remixes in SSB4 and I have a bad feeling the same will happen in Ultimate - which is a huge shame, because Final Fantasy is known for its music and has no shortage of amazing, iconic, remix-worthy songs.

Sonic at least got one remix in the past, so maybe they'll finally remix a few more? (how about the franchise's most recognizable song, Green Hill Zone?!) Especially since both of the big Sonic composers right now are contributing songs to Ultimate's soundtrack.
id always assumed we only got the two final fantasy songs cause he was dlc (well i guess street fighter had four, well two versions of two songs) but i hope we got some more music for midgar

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
id always assumed we only got the two final fantasy songs cause he was dlc (well i guess street fighter had four, well two versions of two songs) but i hope we got some more music for midgar
I sure hope so. Any of these songs would make for great Smash remixes:
The Prelude (FFI)
Main Theme (FFI)
Cornelia Castle (FFI)
Battle Theme (FFI)
Chocobo Theme (FFII)
Boss Theme (FFIII)
Main Theme (FFIV)
Theme of Love (FFIV)
Clash on the Big Bridge (FFV)
Terra's Theme (FFVI)
Battle Theme (FFVI)
Aria di Mezzo Carattere (FFVI)
Main Theme (FFVII)
Fighting (FFVII)
One Winged Angel (FFVII)

That's fifteen songs - and I could probably list another fifteen great songs from the series! Goes to show that Uematsu is one of the best in the business.

On a slightly unrelated note, what do you all think are the chances that we could get some "guest" third party songs?
In SSB4 we got trophies from Rayman and BIT.TRIP, series that didn't get playable characters but were still included in some form to represent their history with Nintendo. The same is being done with the Bomberman assist trophy in Ultimate.
I think it would be neat to do a similar idea with music: include a few remixes of third party franchises which have significance to Nintendo's history, but just didn't quite make the cut as a playable character or stage. For example:
-Phoenix Wright & Resident Evil music on Dr. Wily's Castle
-Okami & Monster Hunter music on Suzaku Castle
-Bomberman & Castlevania music on Shadow Moses Island
-Dragon Quest, Chrono Trigger, & Kingdom Hearts music on Midgar
-Banjo-Kazooie & Battletoads music on Kongo Jungle
-Puyo Puyo music on Green Hill Zone

Last edited:

Awegamer2015

Smash Rookie
I would seriously hope for some Pokemon Mystery Dungeon to appear in any of the pokemon stages, orginal or remixed. As well as Fist Bump from Sonic Forces to appear in Green Hill Zone.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I see what they were going for with the Snake Eater remix but they kind of butchered the song, honestly.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I see what they were going for with the Snake Eater remix but they kind of butchered the song, honestly.
Hmm, you're not the first person I've seen saying this. I personally think it sounds pretty cool, I like the energy and the spy thriller vibe - but granted I don't have much of a connection to the original song or the MSG games.
What don't you like about the remix, out of curiosity?

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
We're gonna get a new music track today, as usual I'm hoping for a Xenoblade track.
I'm crossing my fingers for something from EarthBound, or maybe something from a Mario RPG.

So I think these are the series we still haven't heard any new songs for:
Yoshi
EarthBound
Star Fox
Pokemon
Punch-Out!!
Ice Climber
Kid Icarus
F-Zero
Xenoblade
Sonic the Hedgehog
Final Fantasy
Bayonetta

I'm guessing the music updates will gradually give us songs from these franchises. Did I miss any?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm crossing my fingers for something from EarthBound, or maybe something from a Mario RPG.
I'm hoping for Pokémon, Fire Emblem, Punch-Out!!, or Mario.

Or Pac-Man World. That'd be sweet.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I’m so glad that we’re seeing remixes for franchises underrepresented from the last game. I’m not very knowledgeable on F-Zero, but I’m glad to see another song remixed that isn’t Mute City or Big Blue. This makes me very hopeful we’ll get a much more meaty and diverse soundtrack like in Brawl.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Alright, I am not familiar with F-Zero at all. Anybody recognize the original song(s)? It sounds like one of the F-Zero songs remixed for Brawl, White Land I think it was called? May be wrong on that one...

And where on earth did these lyrics come from?? Are they from an F-Zero game, or written originally for Smash? Not to mention that they sound completely unintelligible to me. I can't even tell... is it in another language, or is it English with a heavy accent?

Overall a very weird arrangement.

Last edited:

Ultrashroomz

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I am not familiar with F-Zero at all. Anybody recognize the original song(s)? It sounds like one of the F-Zero songs remixed for Brawl, White Land I think it was called? May be wrong on that one...

And where on earth did these lyrics come from?? Are they from an F-Zero game, or written originally for Smash? Not to mention that they sound completely unintelligible to me. I can't even tell... is it in another language, or is it English with a heavy accent?

Beginning part appears to be a combination of White Land and Death Wind.

Not sure about the vocal stuff, I would assume it's from GX, but I tried looking up the lyrics and can't seem to find a match.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Beginning part appears to be a combination of White Land and Death Wind.
I think you're right about this.

I listened through the original F-Zero soundtrack - I think the main melody is from "Fire Field."
This remix is very interesting - a bit of a different approach from how they usually do medleys. Rather than multiple short snippets placed one after another with smooth transitions in between, this remix seems to take bits and pieces of various songs, overlapping and combining them into a big mashup.

As for the lyrics, it wouldn't be the first time that original lyrics were added to a pre-existing song for Smash - the same happened with Brawl's remix of the Fire Emblem theme.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think you're right about this.

I listened through the original F-Zero soundtrack - I think the main melody is from "Fire Field."
This remix is very interesting - a bit of a different approach from how they usually do medleys. Rather than multiple short snippets placed one after another with smooth transitions in between, this remix seems to take bits and pieces of various songs, overlapping and combining them into a big mashup.

As for the lyrics, it wouldn't be the first time that original lyrics were added to a pre-existing song for Smash - the same happened with Brawl's remix of the Fire Emblem theme.
Technically Fire Emblem's lyrics existed prior, but in Japanese instead of Latin.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace

Pretty sure the lyrics are new, since that's just the style the arranger is basically well known for

I can see them just giving him creative liberty to just freestyle the lyrics the way he feels like, which is honestly awesome and the right kind of creative freedom as opposed to letting everyone remix DKC 1-1 3 times for the same game

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Pretty sure the lyrics are new, since that's just the style the arranger is basically well known for

I can see them just giving him creative liberty to just freestyle the lyrics the way he feels like, which is honestly awesome and the right kind of creative freedom as opposed to letting everyone remix DKC 1-1 3 times for the same game
Just listened to some Daytona USA songs... that explains a lot!

Its awesome to see all of these composers from the video game industry bring their own unique styles to these arrangements. That's always been the case for Smash to an extent, but between this and Ohtani's "Bomb Rush Blush" it seems to be even more true in Ultimate. Like you said, I feel like they're giving these guest composers even more creative liberties to completely change and transform a song into their own style.

Speaking of which, are there any composers you all are hoping to see on board with Ultimate's soundtrack? Either returning from past games or completely new guests. This is a useful list for reference.
My favourite composer is already confirmed returning (Yoko Shimomura). Besides her, I'm hoping Hirokazu Tanaka (EarthBound composer, among lots of other things) will also return - he's done some neat remixes in past Smash games, like "Chill Ver. 2" from SSB4. Other series veterans like Kazumi Totaka and Koji Kondo would be very welcomed too (maybe get Kondo to remix something other than the Super Mario Bros. Ground Theme!)

It would be great to see Hirokazu Ando return and reprise his role as Smash's original composer. He hasn't made any new arrangements since Melee; it would be cool to see what he would do without the limitations of the 64/GameCube. Same with Shogo Sakai, who has contributed so many great songs to Melee and Brawl. While they're at it, bring in the other big Kirby composer, Jun Ishikawa!

If they could get Nobuo Uematsu for just one more song, that would be fantastic. He helped made Brawl's theme so epic and grand, I'm sure he would work wonders with a song from Zelda.
Hmmm, what are they chances that they'd reach out to western composers like David Wise or Grant Kirkhope? That would be a very pleasant surprise.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I hope they keep up the third-party remixes. So far all but one of them have impressed me.
Hmm, you're not the first person I've seen saying this. I personally think it sounds pretty cool, I like the energy and the spy thriller vibe - but granted I don't have much of a connection to the original song or the MSG games.
What don't you like about the remix, out of curiosity?
Snake Eater isn’t really a song that’s supposed to be energetic and thrilling. It’s meant to resemble a song from a James Bond movie while also cleverly telling you something about the game’s story, neither of which this remix has. It just doesn’t really sound like Snake Eater anymore. There’s plenty of Metal Gear themes that are better-suited to a fast paced remix than Snake Eater.

Besides, we already have an instrumental version of Snake Eater, why not remix something else, like a song from Metal Gear Rising? People would love that.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Snake Eater isn’t really a song that’s supposed to be energetic and thrilling. It’s meant to resemble a song from a James Bond movie while also cleverly telling you something about the game’s story, neither of which this remix has. It just doesn’t really sound like Snake Eater anymore. There’s plenty of Metal Gear themes that are better-suited to a fast paced remix than Snake Eater.

Besides, we already have an instrumental version of Snake Eater, why not remix something else, like a song from Metal Gear Rising? People would love that.
I suppose that's true, but that's why its a remix - its not meant to completely sound like the original. Lots of Smash arrangements have increased the speed of slower songs to better suit the fast-paced nature of Smash (Stickerbrush Symphony, 2:00 AM, Kapp'n's Song, et cetera). If they wanted it to be like the original song, they wouldn't remix it and would just port in the original, at least that's how I see it. Personally I like the arrangements that majorly change the style or the genre, its really interesting to see a new take on an older song, but I can see why they don't appeal to everybody.
Hopefully they'll have the original lyrical version or bring back the instrumental version from Brawl as an option as well!

On a different note, has anybody transcribed the lyrics to the F-Zero medley yet?
The only word I can make out (besides "F-ZEROOOOO" of course) is "racetrack" - but I might even be wrong on that.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Spoilers for the most recent Star Allies update
I know Smash Bros already has a pretty sweet remix of this song but can we get this version of the song in there too! It strikes a perfect balance between the two versions!!! And it's just plain AWESOME!!!!

Also updating the Marx theme to the version from this game would be great too

And while we're at it, get rid of that awful 0² remix and replace it with the original 64 version

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Why not use the new Kirby 64 ending medley from Star Allies?
I love this. It even incorporates a bit of the Ripple Star theme! The Amazing Mirror medley is amazing too, I'm loving all the musical Kirby fanserivce in Star Allies!

Hoping to see some equally good (or even better) Kirby remixes in Smash.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Posting wishlists/things you don't want to see/****posts/etc. are straying from the point of the topic. Please keep it out of this thread.

(I'll give a pass on posting similar music/songs and stles that may have inspired currently confirmed tracks).

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Right There, Ride On

It is such an annoying song and there is better choices for Sonic Rush songs
What? Right There, Ride On is great. Sonic Rush’s music is an acquired taste, but that song in particular is one of the better ones born from it.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
well we could lose about half of the versions of jungle japes and mute city
If the music revealed so far is any indication, it seems like they are finally straying away from remixing the same songs over and over:
-Kirby Air Ride song rather than another Dreamland/Adventure/Superstar song
-Bonus Room remix rather than another Jungle Level
-F-Zero Medley rather than another Mute City

Granted, these songs don't discount the fact that there still could be a new Green Greens or Jungle Hijinx or Mute City remix in the works, but at least based on what they've shown so far, the soundtrack seems fairly diverse compared to previous games.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'm holding hope we at least get a few new versions of old themes that were already remixed, like Brinstar Depths.

We already know a few like Delfino Plaza, Ridley's theme, Lost in Thoughts All Alone, Duck Hunt and Luigi's Mansion got partial new remixes, but we don't know for sure if they're stand-alone tracks or part of a Medley.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I'm holding hope we at least get a few new versions of old themes that were already remixed, like Brinstar Depths.

We already know a few like Delfino Plaza, Ridley's theme, Lost in Thoughts All Alone, Duck Hunt and Luigi's Mansion got partial new remixes, but we don't know for sure if they're stand-alone tracks or part of a Medley.
That's true, some of the songs we've heard in the character videos could definitely be parts of medleys. I guess we'll only really know when the official titles are confirmed. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if the Luigi's Mansion, Triforce Heroes, Duck Hunt, Animal Crossing: Wild World, and Wii Fit U songs turn out to be medleys. I also think that Bonus Room Blitz is going to be a medley with Simian Segue, much like this song from Brawl, but actually a proper arrangement this time.

As for new versions of previously-remixed themes, I'd like to see some that aren't the SMB Ground Theme, Jungle Level, Zelda Overworld, Green Greens, Mute City, etc. Brinstar Depths was a good choice, maybe they'll re-remix some other Melee tracks? New versions of Big Blue or Fourside would be great.
What other songs would you like to be remixed again, maybe in a different style than previous versions? I'd like to hear new takes on Gourmet Race, Pollyanna, Fever (Dr. Mario), and Obstacle Course (Yoshi's Island).

Oh, and we still need a new remix of the Brawl theme! I'm surprised that SSB4 didn't include an arrangement of Brawl's main theme similar to how Brawl had a remix of Melee's theme - hopefully we will see one in Ultimate.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Today's music day boys!
As usual, I'll be hoping for Xenoblade music. There's been no real pattern to these updates, other than they seem to be shying away from bigger franchises such as Mario and Pokemon, or even Fire Emblem, which has three new confirmed remixes. This makes me hopeful that underrepresented franchises can get more songs this time, considering how skewed it was in the last game.

For reference:

:ultmario: - 20 Remixes
:ulttoonlink: - 8 Remixes
:ultpikachu: - 8 Remixes
:ultkirby: - 6 Remixes
:ultvillager: - 6 Remixes
:ultmegaman: - 6 Remixes
:ultmarth:- 5 Remixes (1 through DLC)
:ultdk: - 4 Remixes
:ultpit: - 4 Remixes
:ultness: - 3 Remixes
:ultwiifittrainer: - 3 Remixes
:ultpacman: - 3 Remixes
:ultsamus: - 2 Remixes (An actual tragedy for such a popular franchise)
:ultfox: - 2 Remixes
:ultyoshi: - 2 Remixes
:ultolimar: - 2 Remixes
:ultlittlemac: - 2 Remixes
:ultryu: - 2 Remixes
:ultbayonetta: - 2 Remixes
:ultfalcon: - 1 Remix
:ultwario: - 1 Remix (JP only)
:ultshulk: - 1 Remix
:ultduckhunt: - 1 Remix

Obviously it's telling when Pokemon and Zelda combined have less remixes than Mario. I'm not sure whether or not we got less remixes than Brawl, but having less remixes per franchise overall would make sense considering how many new franchises we have to represent. My biggest issue just comes from the skewed proportion.

By comparison, here's the current situation in Smash Ultimate:

:ultmario: - 3 Remixes
:ultdk: - 1 Remix
:ultlink: - 3 Remixes
:ultsamus: - 2 Remixes
:ultmarth: - 4 Remixes
:ultkirby: - 1 Remix
:ultduckhunt: - 1 Remix
:ultfalcon: - 1 Remix
:ultvillager: - 1 Remix
:ultolimar: - 1 Remix
:ultinkling: - 2 Remixes
:ultmegaman: - 2 Remixes
:ultryu: - 1 Remix
:ultsnake: - 1 Remix

I think things this time around look a whole lot more balanced, with multiple franchises such as Metroid and F-Zero already having just as many remixes as they did in Smash Wii U. The number of Fire Emblem songs might be a bit weird to some, bit I think it comes down to how many characters the franchise has and how diverse the games are, and the fact that bigger franchsies such as Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon already have much larger back catalogs of remixes to pull from for character trailers. Speaking of Pokemon, my guess as to why we have no new songs might be because we're getting a new Pokemon character soon, or that TPC is being stingy with what they show to the public again.

Peridorito

Smash Journeyman
That's true, some of the songs we've heard in the character videos could definitely be parts of medleys. I guess we'll only really know when the official titles are confirmed. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if the Luigi's Mansion, Triforce Heroes, Duck Hunt, Animal Crossing: Wild World, and Wii Fit U songs turn out to be medleys. I also think that Bonus Room Blitz is going to be a medley with Simian Segue, much like this song from Brawl, but actually a proper arrangement this time.

As for new versions of previously-remixed themes, I'd like to see some that aren't the SMB Ground Theme, Jungle Level, Zelda Overworld, Green Greens, Mute City, etc. Brinstar Depths was a good choice, maybe they'll re-remix some other Melee tracks? New versions of Big Blue or Fourside would be great.
What other songs would you like to be remixed again, maybe in a different style than previous versions? I'd like to hear new takes on Gourmet Race, Pollyanna, Fever (Dr. Mario), and Obstacle Course (Yoshi's Island).

Oh, and we still need a new remix of the Brawl theme! I'm surprised that SSB4 didn't include an arrangement of Brawl's main theme similar to how Brawl had a remix of Melee's theme - hopefully we will see one in Ultimate.
I personally don't want any of the Mother songs that already had remixes to get additional ones because I was disappointed with the song selection for the series in Smash 4. Mother only got 3 remixes and only 1 of them (Magicant) was completely new. For Ultimate I'd rather have remixes of different songs from the series.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I personally don't want any of the Mother songs that already had remixes to get additional ones because I was disappointed with the song selection for the series in Smash 4. Mother only got 3 remixes and only 1 of them (Magicant) was completely new. For Ultimate I'd rather have remixes of different songs from the series.
I feel that with Smash 4 they tried so hard to make sure that the most iconic and main themes for series got represented first. For example, around 40% of the Mario music had some variation of the original and underground theme and we had 2 remixes of the Zelda main theme which I feel wasn't necessary when Brawl already had a good rendition. It goes further, with almost every new Donkey Kong song being a remix of the DKC theme and not having any original Metroid or Star Fox tracks.

When I think of the best themes from Smash 4 I always think of the new songs we got, like the Mario World boss theme done by the Xenoblade composers or the Fire Emblem Gaiden remixes. The most iconic songs are always overexposed in the public, so unless you want to do something much different it won't have an effect on us, and instead ruins perfectly good tracks such as putting the underground theme and the starman theme in the Good Egg Galaxy remix when the rest of it sounded fine.

Top Bottom