• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of New Remixes

DeadmanV2

Smash Rookie
Thank you everybody for keeping an eye out for these new songs!

Can any Fire Emblem fan identify this song? It definitely sounds like it transitions into a different song, but I don't know Fire Emblem well enough to say specifically which. It occurs around 3 hours and 25 minutes in this video.
It actually sounds like a part of End of All, which is the final boss remix of Lost In Thoughts All Alone. Like the small flourish that appears at 1:17 and 1:43 of this song. (Note: I chose the Revelation version of End of All, but the Birthright and Conquest versions are the exact same outside of the part that Azura sings a chorus about that particular path.) I don't know how much of the song it actually samples though since the match kinda ends at that point.

Also on a tangentially related note, I am ridiculously happy with the amount of Echoes representation in the music. I was really hoping March to Deliverance would make it in. I just really hope we get some footage with Battle Map 5. Twilight of the Gods is my favorite final boss theme so I really hope it has an awesome remix.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
is battle! (island kahuna) ported or a remix? i haven't played sun/moon
Definitely a remix, 'cos it uses an electric guitar which isn't present in the original.

Saying that, I'm starting to notice most of these new Pokemon remixes are rock. I hope they don't sound too same-y or lack variety.

King Zekrom

Smash Apprentice
Any estimates on how many Pokemon theme remixes/ports there might be left (that have not been discovered)? I'm hoping for at least 5 more cause Gen V is painfully underrepresented and I'm not the biggest fan of the choices so far (except gladion and kahuna)

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
So judging by what we know of so far, how many here think Ultimate's OST is gonna surpass Brawl's overall?

Cause I personally feel it's gonna be so, considering how tough Smash 4 was to follow an act like Brawl's complete sound list.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Can any Fire Emblem fan identify this song? It definitely sounds like it transitions into a different song, but I don't know Fire Emblem well enough to say specifically which. It occurs around 3 hours and 25 minutes in this video.
EDIT: Wow! Totally missed someone who answered this question already at the top of this page. Oh well! :p

Side note, everyone working on this project is doing awesome work! The music of Smash Bros. has always been a source of excitement as a fanboy such as myself, and it's cool to see others with the same passion :)

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I really like that Poké Floats from Melee back, now titled as Pokémon Red / Blue Medley.

But I'm even happier that the Saria's Song remix from Melee is also back. I've missed that song a lot.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Break Free (Lead the Way) From Mario Odyssey is in Smash Ultimate

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Wow, so many Sun & Moon songs! I love the Island Kahuna theme though, glad to hear it got remixed - the electric guitar works really well too.

Really cool that we have a Midna's Lament remix! But for some reason it has the Fairy Fountain theme in it...?

Sounds like the Animal Crossing: Wild World remix includes a little bit of the 3:00 PM theme, as well as some of the City theme. I'm sure there was more, but that match was particularly loud so I couldn't make it all out...

EDIT: anybody have YouTube video links for the Midna's Lament and Kahuna Battle remixes?

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
is battle! (island kahuna) ported or a remix? i haven't played sun/moon
It definitely is

Wow, so many Sun & Moon songs! I love the Island Kahuna theme though, glad to hear it got remixed - the electric guitar works really well too.

Really cool that we have a Midna's Lament remix! But for some reason it has the Fairy Fountain theme in it...?

Sounds like the Animal Crossing: Wild World remix includes a little bit of the 3:00 PM theme, as well as some of the City theme. I'm sure there was more, but that match was particularly loud so I couldn't make it all out...

EDIT: anybody have YouTube video links for the Midna's Lament and Kahuna Battle remixes?
I love how whenever there's a hype new song they choose only then to provide commentary and use the loudest items. All I was able to hear from Midna's Lament was the fairy fountain theme because of that lol.

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
Final Smash Meter being on in the demo is the absolute worst for someone who's only watching the footage for the music. Halfway through every match it's just nonstop final smashes being activated and you can't hear a thing. :(

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
sounds like the wild world title theme remix is also a medley with the 3 PM and 2 AM hourly themes. it's interesting that 2 AM has basically become one of wild world's signature songs considering it plays so late at night

Evanpik64

Smash Cadet
Any estimates on how many Pokemon theme remixes/ports there might be left (that have not been discovered)? I'm hoping for at least 5 more cause Gen V is painfully underrepresented and I'm not the biggest fan of the choices so far (except gladion and kahuna)
You think gen 5 has it bad? At least it isn't gen 2 lol

and at least gen 2 isn't the Pokemon Spin-offs cause smash avoids them like the plague

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Unova if anything has more songs (4) than the Hoenn (3) and Johto (1) games does!

And you can even say it has more remixes than Kalos (2 remixes with 4 ported songs to fill in the gaps)! That said, I won't be opposed to more Unova music, or any other gen really. I just want all Gens to get a decent amount of songs in general. Johto especially needs it more than the rest.

Going off of my massive music spread sheet:

Brawl introduced 10 Remixes and 0 Ports. Total: 10
3DS/Wii U introduced 8 Remixes and 4 Ports. Total: 12
Ultimate so far has introduced 7 Remixes and 0 Ports. Total: 7

In order to match Smash 4's count, it'll need exactly 5 more songs.

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Anyone else feel like the new Wild World medley is the same composer who did the Splattack remix? Very similar sound.

On a completely separate note, I'm starting to get concerned that we won't be getting any new Mario RPG remixes. The more recent Mario & Luigi games have a few ports, but that's about it. Still nothing from the Paper Mario series besides the Paper Mario Medley, which is mostly Sticker Star and hardly represents the best songs the series has to offer. The original game is completely unrepresented, and none of the amazing battle themes from the series even get a port. We have a Paper Mario stage for crying out loud - remixes of the battle themes of the original two games would be perfect, but I feel like we would have heard them by now. Besides EarthBound, some more Mario RPG songs are what I'd like to hear the most. Even just a few TTYD ports would make me happy.
I guess there's hope for Geno or Paper Mario being a DLC character with some new tunes. But anyway, that's enough of me ranting.

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
just gonna post some more small findings all in a row: golden forest from 1080 snowboarding, super mario 3d land theme / beach theme is now ground theme / underwater theme - super mario 3D land, luigi's mansion series medley from ssb4, beyond distant skies - roy's departure (new remix, which we've heard in roy's trailer, but here we've got the official name), kapp'n's song from ssb4, tough guy alert! from bowser's inside story, this is minion turf! from superstar saga + bowser's minions, skyworld from brawl is properly named overworld, and butter building from brawl

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
just gonna post some more small findings all in a row: golden forest from 1080 snowboarding, super mario 3d land theme / beach theme is now ground theme / underwater theme - super mario 3D land, luigi's mansion series medley from ssb4, beyond distant skies - roy's departure (new remix, which we've heard in roy's trailer, but here we've got the official name), kapp'n's song from ssb4, tough guy alert! from bowser's inside story, this is minion turf! from superstar saga + bowser's minions, skyworld from brawl is properly named overworld, and butter building from brawl
Its possible that Tough Guy Alert and This is Minion Turf are new remixes, I can't hear the music at all to say for sure, anyone else? I'm guessing the Bowser's Minions song is just a port, but I think there's a chance they'd remix Tough Guy Alert.

I suppose the 1080 Snowboarding song could have got a new remix as well

Last edited:

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I'm getting kind of tired of the M&L music and would really like to see some Paper Mario songs. :/ I love Yoko Shimomura, but I'm not too into the M&L series, and all the songs they keep picking are short, repetitive, and all sound alike.

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
yeah it's kind of surprising there isn't a lot of paper mario rep so far, i'd expect songs from color splash at least. that game's soundtrack went off

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Its possible that Tough Guy Alert and This is Minion Turf are new remixes, I can't hear the music at all to say for sure, anyone else? I'm guessing the Bowser's Minions song is just a port, but I think there's a chance they'd remix Tough Guy Alert.

I suppose the 1080 Snowboarding song could have got a new remix as well
I'm hoping that the reason we've seen no EarthBound remixes so far is that we have no gameplay of Magicant, New Pork City, or Fourside.

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
I'm hoping that the reason we've seen no EarthBound remixes so far is that we have no gameplay of Magicant, New Pork City, or Fourside.
I've yet to see any Onett footage from the current demo either, so I think all four Mother stages are turned off. It's odd because Onett and New Pork were both playable at E3.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm sure there will be new Mother/EarthBound tracks in the game; there always is.

In fact, maybe that's why EarthBound stage gameplay isn't being uploaded; copyright. I do remember reading something about people not being allowed to record when playing Onett, maybe due to the music that was playing.

edit: although I read this a month or two ago so it's not from these new demos, but still it might be the reason.

Last edited:

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
most likely, that's also probably the reason why the sonic stages and pac-land are turned off

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I for one am glad to have more Mario & Luigi music, but have to admit the choices sound odd to me. Especially "this is minion turf". I hope we get a remix of The Dastardly Duo from Superstar Saga. And Never Let up from dream team.

I wonder if Gritzy Desert from Brawl is back?

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
My favorite thing about the game's soundtrack is the fact they're going out of their way to rename all the songs with a much more accurate and true name. Even on the little touches like PokeFloats' theme being renamed to Pokemon Red / Pokemon Blue Medley or Corneria (Melee) to "Star Fox 64 - Main Theme (Melee)".

Everything feels uniform and easier to understand right now.

God I will never forget how awkward the song called "Pokemon Stadium 2" was in Smash Wii U being just the Gold/Silver Medley. So much context was missing, especially when it played on a stage of the same name.

Last edited:

Stompman

BRoomer
BRoomer
Any matches that have been played on the Zelda stages? I am hoping to get the Hyrule Castle theme from BotW.

On a side note, was watching some matches while out of town, didn’t grab the url, but Fountain of Dreams theme from Melee was playing.

NessSaysOkay

Smash Apprentice
As a big Rhythm Heaven fan (Just look at my top 5 below) I have to ask, why does it say Fruit Basket 2, I thought it just translated to fruit basket, noy 2. Have we heard audio?

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
yeah we have heard audio, it's fruit basket 2, i thought it was strange as a rhythm heaven fan myself

Top Bottom