• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of New Remixes

mikanbouya

Smash Apprentice
summit, duck hunt, hanenbow, pictochat 2, balloon fight, living room, find mii, tomodachi life, wrecking crew, pilotwings, wuhu island

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
That kind of post is practically guaranteed. But I'm curious on what songs they'll choose for the final weeks.
Not many options left assuming they stick to the trend of the last 7 weeks and post another song for a series that already has one. My guess is Zelda one week and either DK or Metroid the other. Still can't believe they left us hanging on Mother for all that time even though Sakuraba hasn't been spotlighted yet.

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Im happy Codename STEAM got a song. Game always gave me a Days of Ruins vibe. Hopefully we'll see it again one day.

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
What's odd is that the August Direct showed 13 songs for Pac-Man, but there's only 11. The Bravoman and Yokai Dochuki medleys must have been cut pretty recently.

fersmashing

Smash Cadet
I bet for one of the Motoi Sakuraba's arrangements. If the website still maintains its "a different arranger each time" pattern (maybe to show how many people is contributing to the game), they cannot forget one of the greatest video game composers.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
That they are unfortunately...

Seeing as how pac as a whole represents all of namco's arcade classics.
Well here's the video of the theme again, because it's the only place you'll choose to listen to it on.

In all honesty, I truly feel bad for the composers who worked so hard on songs like these just to find out where they'd be played on.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well here's the video of the theme again, because it's the only place you'll choose to listen to it on.

In all honesty, I truly feel bad for the composers who worked so hard on songs like these just to find out where they'd be played on.
Do you mean that because it's only on one stage or because it's Pac-Land?

Because if it's the former, it's true that some tracks will probably be "forgotten".

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice

Thinking back to what Sakurai mentioned on the blog, he did say this medley contains 4 songs in total.

But I for the life of me can't seem to pinpoint said track.

Wanna say it plays after the ship capture theme at the 1:32 mark until say the 1:52 mark.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Ah, hadn't heard the Yokai Dochuki medley was cut; shame, that had a funky soundfont to it. Not that it matters, given how many bangers it's got to compete with (and that the only stage they appear on's kind of garbage, alas).

EDIT:
The Galaga medley is of the title theme (beginning), ship captured theme (0:40), ship recovered theme (1:01), and top score name entry theme (1:52), as far as I can tell.

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Ah, hadn't heard the Yokai Dochuki medley was cut; shame, that had a funky soundfont to it. Not that it matters, given how many bangers it's got to compete with (and that the only stage they appear on's kind of garbage, alas).

EDIT:
The Galaga medley is of the title theme (beginning), ship captured theme (0:40), ship recovered theme (1:01), and top score name entry theme (1:52), as far as I can tell.
Thanks for identifying the songs in the medley. Definitely gonna need help with that for some of the new songs.

I really don't understand the decision to keep Pac-Land and axe Pac-Maze. Pac-Maze is more iconic, more fun to play on, more visually appealing, and I honestly think the new songs - especially the Galaga Medley - would fit much better on it.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Laziness in not wanting to replace the 3DS-exclusive blue ghosts gimmick, I imagine.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
For some reasons, I feel like keeping Pac-Land is something Miyamoto related.

To be honest I think that Pac-Land doesn't get the love it deserves as a casual stage, considering the love and little gimmicks into it. But it's a shame Pac-Maze isn't there too. I hope to see it come back as a stand-alone DLC, like Pirate Ship in Smash 4.

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
Not actually on the music page yet, but today's sample is Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017 Trailer BGM by Ryo Nagamatsu.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Do you mean that because it's only on one stage or because it's Pac-Land?

Because if it's the former, it's true that some tracks will probably be "forgotten".
I mean that it's on Pac Land
For some reasons, I feel like keeping Pac-Land is something Miyamoto related.

To be honest I think that Pac-Land doesn't get the love it deserves as a casual stage, considering the love and little gimmicks into it. But it's a shame Pac-Maze isn't there too. I hope to see it come back as a stand-alone DLC, like Pirate Ship in Smash 4.
I could care less if it's a gimicky stage, that's what FD and Battlefield Version is for. It's that it looks like a literal Microsoft Paint-tier stage, and is offensively ugly. Not to mention we could've gotten the much superior Pac Maze instead.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Hm, can't deny that the Omega / Battlefield version uses the worst part of the stage. But I don't know why, I feel that the rest of the backgrounds in the normal version have a stupid charm for it, by being cutely ugly.

But anyway, Pac-Land isn't the problem, it's the lack of Pac-Maze.

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
Actually, do we have confirmation on whether Pac-Land's BF/FD form is the same this time? They did change Wuhu Island's, after all.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Actually, do we have confirmation on whether Pac-Land's BF/FD form is the same this time? They did change Wuhu Island's, after all.
Sadly it's still the mountain part. Maybe because it technically have more background compared to "blue sky only". But it would have been way better on the city part.

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
Ah, oh well. Does anyone happen to know if someone's made a full album of all the new battlefield forms?

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Throw my hat into the "love Pac-Land" camp. Just such a fun, odd-ball stage in its own way.
Isn't it? I used to hate it myself at the begining, but when you look into it, there's a lot of things and little gimmicks. The variants when you play long enough, the boots, the Super Pac granting invincibility, the healing balloons if you push the correct hydrant on the way back, the scrolling speed adapting to the players...

I think that I actually disliked this stage because there's no ledge you can grab in the pits, which was frustrating with Zelda's recovery and her inability to drift afterward in SSB4, but with Ultimate it should be ok.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Looks like Omega Prism Tower now takes place during the day.
I'm hoping for a Day / Night cycle, like the actual stage.

Back to the music, I listened again to the Super Mario Bros 3 overworld remix and I love it more and more. I really enjoy the reinterpretation from 0:52 to 1:12!

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
So now that we have the full song list, what are everybody's hopes for DLC music? I know the songs will most likely be tied to the DLC characters, but if you could choose any tracks, what would you want? Either remixes or ports/rips.

Here are some of my main hopes in general:
  1. A new Mario RPG remix. Something from a classic M&L game would be nice ("Come On!" from Superstar Saga), but I'd really love to get a new Paper Mario remix. The main battle themes from the first two games would be great choices. And of course, Super Mario RPG is a treasure trove of great potential remixes.
  2. Jump Up, Super Star. I feel like this song should have got a remix, being one of Nintendo's most iconic songs of recent years. I'm not sure how they'd go about it, maybe just a nice jazzy instrumental version where the melody is played on a piano instead of sung. A funny thought I had would be to take it in a completely different direction, like, get Crush 40 to do it or something. :p
  3. Main Theme (ARMS) or an ARMS Medley. Obviously ARMS came out a little too late in Ultimate's development cycle to get much representation. DLC would be a great way to remedy this. As much as a criticized his work on the EarthBound remixes before, I think Motoi Sakuraba's style would be perfect for ARMS. Alternatively, I think ACE could do a bang-up job.
  4. Calamari Inkantation - I'm honestly shocked that this one wasn't remixed, its definitely one of the more iconic songs from the game. An orchestral arrangement might be really interesting.
  5. More Kirby. I'm still a bit disappointed that we only got two Kirby remixes. There are so many excellent songs worthy of a remix: Castle Lololo, Bubble Clouds, Float Islands, Vegetable Valley, Yogurt Yard, Ripple Field, Dark Castle, Grass Land, Sand Canyon, Pop Star, Rock Star, Factory Inspection, Ripple Star, Candy Constellation, The Adventure Begins, Sky Tower, CROWNED, Floral Fields, Moonstruck Blossom, Robobot Armor Theme... maybe an Epic Yarn Medley?
  6. More Tropical Freeze ports. The Donkey Kong music selection in Ultimate is absolutely fantastic, really the only way to improve it for me would be more music from Tropical Freeze (the best soundtrack in the series IMHO). I still can't wrap my head around why we only have two songs. I'm not even kidding when I say basically any song from the soundtrack would be a good choice to port.
  7. Remix something from Splatoon 2. Would most likely be the main battle theme, "Inkoming!" I think Takenobu Mitsuyoshi could do something really interesting with the Splatoon series.
  8. More EarthBound. Yeah, I've already made it clear that I'm underwhelmed by the current selection of new Mother remixes... much like Kirby, this series has so much more to offer. Twoson, Enjoy Your Stay, Pokey Means Business, Fallin Love, Saturn Valley, Hippie Battle, Runaway Five, Mind of a Theif, Mt. Itoi, Winters White, All I Needed Was You, Sanctuary Guardian, Natural Killer Cyborg... I'd love an EarthBound Battle Theme Medley!
  9. Something from Super Mario 3D World. I'm surprised this fantastic soundtrack wasn't touched for Smash Ultimate. My main two picks would be Super Bell Hill (a pleasant jazzy arrangement similar to the SMB2 one would be great) or World Bowser (another song ACE could do really well)!
  10. More "other" songs. The selection of miscellaneous songs is pretty good at the moment, but it also has a handful of repeats. There are many lesser known franchises just waiting for musical representation in Smash: ExciteBike, StarTropics, Joy Mech Fight, Mole Mania, For Frogs the Bell Tolls, Advance Wars, Custom Robo, Sin & Punishment, Rhythm Heaven, Chibi-Robo, Pushmo, HarmoKnight, Dillon's Rolling Western, Miitopia, Sushi Striker... I'd gladly take a medley of any of those games.
That's basically the "tl;dr" version, but if you're interested, I've been keeping a list of songs I've been wanting remixed in Smash since Smash 4, I'll just paste it here:

Castle - Super Mario Bros. 3
Bowser Battle - Super Mario World
Birabuto Kingdom
Chai Kingdom
Muda Kingdom
Overworld - Super Mario Land 2
Star Maze
Inside Peach's Castle
Dire Dire Docks
Koopa's Road
Bowser's Theme - Super Mario 64
Staff Roll - Super Mario 64
Rainbow Road - Mario Kart 64
Mario Party Series Medley
Circuit - Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
Castle - New Super Mario Bros.
Battle Mode - New Super Mario Bros.
Space Junk Galaxy
Gusty Garden Galaxy
Castle - New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Puzzle Plank Galaxy
Overworld - New Super Mario Bros. U
Gloomy Manor
Super Bell Hill
World Bowser
Toad Brigade Theme
Circuit - Mario Kart 8
Jump Up, Super Star
Fossil Falls
Steam Gardens
Fight Against Monsters
Fight Against an Armed Boss
Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
Battle - Paper Mario
Come On!
Come On, Again!
Battle - The Thousand-Year Door
Boss - Partners in Time
Tough Guy Alert!
The Grand Finale
Overworld - Yoshi's Island
Underground - Yoshi's Island
Final Boss - Yoshi's Island
Wario Land Medley
Main Theme - Wario World
Body Rock
Aquatic Ambiance
Mine Cart Madness
Fear Factory
Forest Interlude
Big Boss Blues
Main Theme - Diddy Kong Racing
Diddy Kong Racing Medley
Mangrove Cove
Homecoming Hijinx
Hyrule Castle
Kakariko Village
Ballad of the Windfish
Zora's Domain
Clock Town
Astral Observatory
Majora's Mask Medley
Title Theme - Wind Waker
Outset Island
Pirate Ship
Dragon Roost Island
Vaati's Theme
Temple of Droplets
Palace of Winds
Hyrule Field - Twilight Princess
Linebeck's Theme
Skyloft
Lorule Castle
Shrine
Hateno Village
Guardian Battle
Surface of SR388
Crateria
Brinstar (Red Soil)
Lower Norfair
Phendrana Drifts
Palace in the Sky - Kid Icarus
Dark Pit's Theme
Hippie Battle
Mt. Itoi
All I Needed Was You
EarthBound Battle Medley
Twoson
Enjoy Your Stay
Runaway Five Medley
Sanctuary Guardian
Saturn Valley
Pokey Means Business
Mind of a Thief
Natural Killer Cyborg
Roads Taken
Castle Lololo
Bubbly Clouds
Float Islands
Vegetable Valley
Forest Stage
Yogurt Yard
Rainbow Resort
Ripple Field
Dark Castle
Grass Land
Pop Star
Factory Inspection
Ripple Star
Candy Constellation
The Adventure Begins
Sky Tower
CROWNED
Moonstruck Blossom
Robobot Armor Theme
Battle! Champion - Pokemon Red & Blue
Pokemart
Jubilife City
Battle! Frontier Brain
Battle! Wild Pokemon - Pokemon Black & White
Battle! Team Skull - Pokemon Sun & Moon
Main Theme - Animal Crossing New Leaf
Forest of Hope
The Forest Navel
Awakening Woods
Perplexing Pool
Boss Battle - Pikmin 2
Advanced Step - Wii Fit
Rhythm Boxing - Wii Fit
Gaur Plains
Calamari Inkantation
Eight-Legged Advance
Tide Goes Out
Inkoming
Ebb and Flow
Fly Octo Fly
ExciteBike Medley
StarTropics Medley
Joy Mech Fight Medley
Panel de Pon Medley
Advance Wars Medley
Glee Club - Rhythm Heaven
DJ School - Rhythm Heaven
Ringside - Rhythm Heaven Fever
Chibi-Robo Medley
Drake Redcrest's Theme
Wii Play Medley
Home - Miitomo
Main Theme - 1-2 Switch
Main Theme - ARMS
Miitopia Medley
Elec Man Stage
Tornado Man Stage
Storm Eagle
Spark Mandrill
Chun-Li Stage

Leaving out Final Fantasy because, well, we all know that's never going to happen... :(

And now for a big ol' list of songs I'd like to see directly ported.

Into the Galaxy - Super Mario Galaxy
Battlerock Galaxy - Super Mario Galaxy
Buoy Base Galaxy - Super Mario Galaxy
Bowser Jr. Battle - Super Mario Galaxy
Purple Coins - Super Mario Galaxy
Bowser's Galaxy Reactor - Super Mario Galaxy
Yoshi Star Galaxy - Super Mario Galaxy 2
Puzzle Plank Galaxy - Super Mario Galaxy 2
Bowser Battle - Super Mario 3D Land
Double Cherry Pass - Super Mario 3D World
Chainlink Charge - Super Mario 3D World
Hisstocrat - Super Mario 3D World
Toad Factory - Mario Kart Wii
Rainbow Road - Mario Kart Wii
Toad Harbor - Mario Kart 8
Dolphin Shoals - Mario Kart 8
Electrodrome - Mario Kart 8
Mount Wario - Mario Kart 8
Battle Stadium - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Main Theme - Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Battle - Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Event Battle - Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Vs. Hooktail - Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Vs. Rawk Hawk - Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Vs. Macho Grubba - Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Vs. Doopliss - Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
X-Naut Fortress - Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Vs. Shadow Queen - Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Lineland Road - Super Paper Mario
The Ultimate Show - Super Paper Mario
Never Let Up! - Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Big Bang! - Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam
Shy But Deadly - Yoshi's Woolly World
Yoshi and Cookies - Yoshi's Woolly World
Wonderful World of Wool 6 - Yoshi's Woolly World
Busted Bayou - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Big Top Bop - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Windmill Hills - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Horn Top Hop - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Sawmill Thrill - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Alpine Incline - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Wing Ding - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Grassland Groove - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Scorch 'n' Torch - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Cannon Canyon - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Irate Eight - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Harvest Hazards - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Punch Bowl - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Homecoming Hijinx - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Seashore War - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Volcano Dome - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Mini Boss - Wind Waker
Ganon Battle - Wind Waker
Ganondorf Battle - Twilight Princess
Moldarach / Koloktos Battle - Skyward Sword
Final Demise - Skyward Sword
Hyrule at Peace - A Link Between Worlds
Parasailing - Breath of the Wild
Molduga Phase 2 - Breath of the Wild
Don't Speak Her Name - Fire Emblem Awakening
Roads Taken - Fire Emblem Fates
Outer Rings - Kirby's Epic Yarn
Boss Battle - Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Over the Hills - Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Reflected Laughter - Kirby Triple Deluxe
Moonlight Capital - Kirby Triple Deluxe
The Adventure Begins - Kirby & the Rainbow Curse
That Stubborn Tree! - Kirby & the Rainbow Curse
Kirby Rocket's Big Blastoff - Kirby & the Rainbow Curse
Vs. Dark Crafter - Kirby & the Rainbow Curse
Mind in a Program - Kirby Planet Robobot
Vs. Dededestroyer Z - Kirby Battle Royale
Reef Resort - Kirby Star Allies
Planet Earthfall - Kirby Star Allies
Vs. Hyness (Unhooded) - Kirby Star Allies
Vs. Void Termina - Kirby Star Allies
Hau'oli City - Pokemon Sun & Moon
Vast Poni Canyon - Pokemon Sun & Moon
Title Theme - Rhythm Heaven Fever
Hole in One - Rhythm Heaven Fever
Air Rally - Rhythm Heaven Fever
Ringside - Rhythm Heaven Fever
Packing Pests - Rhythm Heaven Fever
Samurai Slice - Rhythm Heaven Fever
Exhibition Match - Rhythm Heaven Fever
Launch Party - Rhythm Heaven Fever
Tap Troupe - Rhythm Heaven Fever
Cheer Readers - Rhythm Heaven Fever
Dreams of Our Generation - Rhythm Heaven Fever
Remix 10 - Rhythm Heaven Fever
Tentacular Circus - Splatoon
Cephaloparade - Splatoon
Hooked - Splatoon
Sucker Punch - Splatoon
Octo Eight Step - Splatoon 2
Buoyant Boogie - Splatoon 2
Shooting Starfish - Splatoon 2
Octarmaments - Splatoon 2
Tidal Rush - Splatoon 2
Seafoam Shanty - Splatoon 2
Riptide Rupture - Splatoon 2
Broken Coral - Splatoon 2
Blitz It! - Splatoon 2
Wave Prism - Splatoon 2
crush - Splatoon 2
Nasty Majesty - Splatoon 2
Shark Bytes - Splatoon 2
Chopscrewey - Splatoon 2
Fly Octo Fly - Splatoon 2
Spring Stadium - ARMS
Ribbon Ring - ARMS
Ninja College - ARMS
The Mausoleum - ARMS
Ramen Bowl - ARMS
DNA Lab - ARMS
Buster Beach - ARMS
[Name Redacted] - ARMS
Staff Roll - ARMS

Oof, that was a long one. Lets hear your ideas and hopes! Maybe its a bit early to be discussing this, but hey, I want to keep this thread alive :)

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
That's hard to say what I want for DLC honestly, especially because we don't know what kind of characters we'll get.

I'd say more Splatoon to begin with. Not only we don't have Octoling Rendez-Vous, but Splatoon 2 updates have some really nice tracks, such as the obvious Nasty Majesty, Shark Byte & Fly Octo Fly, as well as Entropical.
Just for curiosity, I'd like a remix of #$@%* Dudes Be #$@%* Sleepin.

More Zelda of course because I may be spoiled but that's never enough. The only thing I miss really would a ALttP Hyrule Castle remix. I'd like to see what they could do with the Song of Healing, too!

I'd like more F-Zero as well. The new remixes we got are really nice because they are not Mute City for once, but F-Zero X and GX exist too. GX's Fire Field is so good, it's sad we don't have it.

Considering the focus on dynamic music, I'd like to see more remixes of K.K. Slider for Animal Crossing. Metal K.K. is an obvious pick, but there's other tracks that only ask for a cover.

Some Sin & Punishment: Within Earshot, Agave, Hakai, Fukuoka... There's a lot of great tracks in both games.

That's some examples that comes to my mind.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Any mid-game level theme from Return to Dream Land, anything from 3D World (heck, Hisstocrat's original theme not being in is baffling), everything from Epic Yarn.

Last edited:

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Off the top of my head, I'd want some more Xenoblade. So many hours of good stuff from Chronicles 1+2 (gimme friggin' Gormott!), plus some selections from X could be really cool as well. Of course I'm talking ports here.

Some remix ideas:
  • A battle-appropriate remix of Reminiscence (Chronicles)
  • Some kind of Theme X medley (X)
  • A rock remix of Exploration (Chronicles 2)

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Just for curiosity, I'd like a remix of #$@%* Dudes Be #$@%* Sleepin.
Oh my god
That would be hilarious

I agree with your Zelda picks. A Hyrule Castle remix is long overdue. Song of Healing too is a good choice, I could see it being the first song in a larger Majora's Mask Medley, much like the Ocarina of Time one from Brawl.
More K.K. Slider is always good too - if I could choose one K.K. song to be remixed, I'd go for K.K. Cruisin!

Any mid-game level theme from Return to Dream Land, anything from 3D World (heck, Hisstocrat's original theme not being in is baffling), everything from Epic Yarn.
Great choices; three underappreciated soundtracks right here. Throw in a bunch more RtDL ports and I'd be happy, and I'm still holding out hope for an Epic Yarn Medley.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Oh my god
That would be hilarious
I love Pearl. I love metal.

That would be perfect.

I agree with your Zelda picks. A Hyrule Castle remix is long overdue. Song of Healing too is a good choice, I could see it being the first song in a larger Majora's Mask Medley, much like the Ocarina of Time one from Brawl.
More K.K. Slider is always good too - if I could choose one K.K. song to be remixed, I'd go for K.K. Cruisin!
Considering we do have a Hyrule Castle stage, yeah, it's quite overdue (although we have another Hyrule Castle track now). Song of Healing could be part of a medley yes. Now that I think about it, Oath to Order in an orchestral fashion, like the Majora's Mask orchestrations, would be glorious.

K.K. Cruisin is a nice pick for K.K. Songs! I had this as a mod on my WiiU actually: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ScHgqkoJ8Q

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
i have a big ol' list of songs i really want in smash so i'll just whittle it down to my top 20

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I love Pearl. I love metal.

That would be perfect.

Considering we do have a Hyrule Castle stage, yeah, it's quite overdue (although we have another Hyrule Castle track now). Song of Healing could be part of a medley yes. Now that I think about it, Oath to Order in an orchestral fashion, like the Majora's Mask orchestrations, would be glorious.

K.K. Cruisin is a nice pick for K.K. Songs! I had this as a mod on my WiiU actually: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ScHgqkoJ8Q
That's a pretty slick remix, I recommend aivi and surasshu's version as well!
(and its always nice to see people giving Pearl some respect, I love her too)

i have a big ol' list of songs i really want in smash so i'll just whittle it down to my top 20
Great choices
Special World 8 - don't know how I never thought of it before, but I really want a remix now. It would be really cute if they sampled the lyrics from the Mario Drawing Song!
The crossover songs from Mario Kart 8 would be great - hopefully we'd be able to play them on the Zelda/F-ZERO/Animal Crossing stages rather than Mario Circuit though. (ExciteBike Arena is grouped with the Mario Kart tracks and not the "other" songs, correct?)
Its really a shame that Wario got skipped this time around - Body Rock is a must. SirBaki did a fantastic remaster that's a pretty good approximation of what it might sound like in Smash
Link's Awakening and Majora's Mask are definitely underrepped in Smash. Both of the songs you linked are great choices (I'd especially love a Sword Search arrangement so much, such a beautiful song)
Porting in the final boss themes from the Star Allies DLC is a great idea, and the Ripple Star Medley is definitely a highlight.
Fallin' Love would be lovely, I wonder how they would approach it for Smash?
I really wish they ported Pac-steps, honestly, and man oh man if they put a Katamari remix on Pac-Land that would be amazing.

Honestly, going the Namco route with the other third party franchises is a really good idea. I'd love to hear some Phoenix Wright music on Dr. Wily's Castle, some Okami on Suzaku Castle, Bomberman music on Shadow Moses, and Puyo Puyo music on Green Hill Zone.

Last edited:
Top Bottom