• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of New Remixes

SmashBasher123

Smash Cadet
Yeah I'd need to listed to everything some more and also have a list of every remix organized by the composer to say much about that lol. I know Yoko Shimomura knocked her two remixes out of the park but that's not much of a surprise.
Which remix did she do besides Vega Stage?

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
i do think i like the new earthbound remixes but i think they fit most on new pork city and fourside, where they give off the big-city urban feel, and not necessarily for the more intimate settings of magicant and onett

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I’m torn on the Xenoblade situation. Part of me would’ve liked a remix, but considering the music is so well written (and up to modern standards) it doesn’t really bother me we only got ports. I’d have love more ports though...

Honestly I’m pulling for a character for DLC simply for the music/stage.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Okay, my favorite is obviously gonna be the Yoshi's New Island Remix, especially considering the source material it had to work with :yoshi:
I figure you of all folks woud think the original title theme was fine, lol. I feel like I see this comment all the time when really, the original track wasn't bad.

I'm still holding off on listening to any unrevealed remixes, but I'm glad to know that there were relatively few (unexpected) cuts. The SMW Yoshi's Island 1 stage not getting Mario classification is beyond baffling, though.

ned_ballad

Smash Apprentice
Looks accurate to me. A couple things to note are that, aside from Trouble Brewing II, the Codename STEAM songs appear to be grouped with the Fire Emblem stages since they're arrangements of Fire Emblem songs. Also, the 6 K.K. ports from Animal Crossing are what K.K. plays on Saturday nights and probably won't be available in My Music.
That wiki list says Jungle Theme (Brawl) is in.

I've heard conflicting reports. Is that song in or not?

The wiki is also missing Star Fox 64's Star Wolf, which was shown in the direct way back, did it not end up making it in?

Last edited:

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
My Top 10 favorite new remixes, at least for now:

10. Wood Man Stage, by Motoi Sakuraba: While I prefer Sakuraba's work in Brawl and 4 much better, this remix is pretty great.
9. Isle Delfino, by Noriyuki Iwadare: It's faithful to the original while giving it the energy to be battle fit, which I really appreciate.
8. Afternoon on the Island, by Masafumi Takada: I have a soft spot for Tomodachi Life, and I couldn't ask for a better remix.
7. Battle! Lorekeeper Zinnia, by Shota Kageyama: I don't like Gen 6 or Zinnia herself, but I love this song and the remix is at least as good as the original.
6. We’re Robots/Wily Stage 2, by Yu Shimoda: I like style and instrument choice, it's not what you'd expect from Ultimate's remixes but I enjoy it.
5. F-ZERO Medley, by Takenobu Mitsuyoshi: I'm so glad it didn't end up repetitive like I was fearing in the short version, it grew on me very quickly.
4. Kass’s Theme, by Yoko Shimomura: See who's the composer, 'nuff said. Pokémon boosted my love for this style further.
3. Cross Your Heart, by Takeshi Muramochi: After a good listen, no wonder it's top 3 for me, it's amazing.
2. Divine Bloodlines, by Yasushi Asada: I expected it to be just the violin, but the final product combines most if not all the renditions, a magnificent homage.
1. Gang-Plank Galleon, by ACE (TOMOri & CHiCO): I never played a DKC game but this theme made me more hyped for King K. Rool that I should've.

vini64

Smash Cadet
F-Zero Medley made me want more Takenobu Mitsuyoshi arrangements. I hope he comes back in a DLC remix, I really love his style. A dream would be having a Daytona USA song in Smash.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I’m torn on the Xenoblade situation. Part of me would’ve liked a remix, but considering the music is so well written (and up to modern standards) it doesn’t really bother me we only got ports. I’d have love more ports though...

Honestly I’m pulling for a character for DLC simply for the music/stage.
I don't know why we couldn't have gotten more music from either game. Considering what he did with Street Fighter 2, why couldn't they just have ported a whole bunch of tracks from the original game?

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
I don't know why we couldn't have gotten more music from either game. Considering what he did with Street Fighter 2, why couldn't they just have ported a whole bunch of tracks from the original game?
That reminds me we didn't get music from XCX, I bet it's because of licencing, since the composer usually works on anime soundtracks.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
That reminds me we didn't get music from XCX, I bet it's because of licencing, since the composer usually works on anime soundtracks.
Yeah but Sawano had nothing to do with XC1 or 2, and ACE is already fine with Smash involvement considering they did three tracks this game.

vini64

Smash Cadet
Motoi Sakuraba sure got a lot of love in this game. Four new remixes, six new ported songs and all the other remixes and ports from past Smash games.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Speaking about Sakuraba and EarthBound once again, hearing his arrangement of Fourside makes me wish there was a daytime version of the stage that would better fit the Fourside remix. Still love it regardless.

Also I noticed it odd that most of the EarthBound tracks are from Mother 1 when we don't have a single character from that game.

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Anyone know where Trouble Brewing ll plays? Is it on the Fire Emblem stages or grouped in with the Other stages?

Also, the Mario Bros 2 Ground Theme might actually be my favorite remix in the game. It’s a perfect rendition of a song that I have fond memories of (thanks to the Super Mario Bros Super Show, of all things).

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Yeah. I guess considering not everyone's wishes came true with the music, I'm just taking X2 songs as a win regardless.
Considering Chronicles 2 is one of my favorite scores of the past few year (regardless of medium) though, I'd have gladly taken much more.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Guess I'll jump on the bandwagon. In no particular order:

1. Ground Theme :ultmario: (SMB3) - Bouncy.
  2. Snakey Chantey :ultdiddy: (DKC2) - Catchy.
  3. Crocodile Cacophony :ultkrool: (DKC2) - Menacing.
  4. Termina Field :ultyounglink: (Majora's Mask) - Beautiful.
  5. Brinstar Depths Vers. 2 :ultsamus: (Super Metroid) - Chilling.
  6. Battle! Steven :ultpikachu: (Pkmn ORAS) - Energising.
  7. Battle! E4 / Solgaleo & Lunala :ultincineroar: (Pkmn S&M) - Dramatic.
  8. F-Zero Medley :ultfalcon: - Soulful.
  9. Main Theme :ultolimar: (Pikmin) - Bold.
  10. Central Highway :ultmegaman: (MMX) - Metal.
  11. We're Robots :ultrob: (MM9) - Saxy.
  12. Bloody Tears / Monster Dance :ultsimon: (Castlevania 2) - Teary-eyed.
Couldn't be bothered to describe in sentences.

boneitis

Smash Rookie
Gotta say, as a huge Mother fan, I'm definitely disappointed with the two remixes. They're not totally without value, but I already felt like the Magicant and Fourside tracks were really unique in their energy and thus distinct within their soundtracks. I'll probably put the new remixes on Onett/New Pork but they definitely won't play on their original stages for me. There are also so many other songs from the series that could've been remixed terrifically (Twoson? Hippie Battle?!) that it's kind of a bummer.

Everything else, though, is spectacular. I didn't get the time to go through all the remixes but here's my super biased top five:

5) Title Theme: Animal Crossing - I always felt the original didn't get enough music love. The main melody is just terrific, and all the different instruments in here (the string section, the banjo!!) just feel so balanced between the relaxation and the joy of playing AC. Definitely will be playing this often.

4) Vs. Ridley - I haven't played nearly enough Metroid, but this is such a menacing track. Someone described it better already, but the gentle xylophone version of the main riff really is chilling. Will be awesome for any Metroid stage, honestly.

3) Simian Segue / Bonus Room Blitz - I just played through DKC the first time earlier this year, so hearing this was a nice surprise. It has so many sections and goes from easygoing to celebratory and back again. So jazzy and rich!

2) City Trial - Air Ride is dear to my heart, and it's wonderful to hear how good this is for the entire track length. It more than makes up for the fact that there weren't more recent Kirby remixes in my mind (and the ported Kirby tracks are all pretty good, too!)

1) Molgera - I feel compelled to stan this really hard, because all the YouTube memers were just ******** that this version has no 'chika' and that it isn't the (generic, bland as all hell) guitar-driven Warriors remix. The Molgera fight is basically my favorite boss of my favorite game of my favorite franchise, and I really feel like this is a definitive version of the theme -- if remixes are meant to take a piece's essence and imbue it with new energy, this is really just perfect as an example of that. The horns and drums are amazing, and all the little flourishes (the rising/falling horn flurries especially) just give it so much more character, and make the original sound really anemic in comparison. I'll definitely be putting this on a lot of Zelda stages (Eldin, Skyloft, Gerudo, Tower...)

I really like this song.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Might as well give my favorite song per series:

:ultmario: - Fortress Boss Theme
:ultdk: - Gangplank Galleon
:ultlink: - Kass's Theme
:ultsamus: - Vs. Ridley
:ultyoshi: - Yoshi's New Island Main Theme
:ultkirby: - Staff Credits
:ultpikachu: - Zinnia's Theme
:ultness: - Fourside
:ultfalcon: - Big Blue
:ultmarth: - Destiny (Ablaze)
:ultsnake: - Theme of Solid Snake
:ultolimar: - Garden of Hope
:ultvillager: - Wild World Main Theme
:ultmegaman: - Snake Man Theme
:ultwiifittrainer: - Wii Fit Menu theme
:ultryu: - Guile's Theme
:ultinkling: - Bomb Rush Blush
:ultsimon: - Divine Bloodlines

mikanbouya

Smash Apprentice
(Twoson? Hippie Battle?!)
considering how new age retro hippie is just johnny b goode, I don't think it'll ever be in smash. I would've really liked the other battle themes being in though. or really any other music from the mother series.

boneitis

Smash Rookie
considering how new age retro hippie is just johnny b goode, I don't think it'll ever be in smash. I would've really liked the other battle themes being in though. or really any other music from the mother series.
Yeah, I do always forget that -- but yeah, so much potential for cool/spacey music and other styles to boot.

That being said, the return of Humoresque of a Little Dog is also spectacular. So I'm not too upset.

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
That wiki list says Jungle Theme (Brawl) is in.

I've heard conflicting reports. Is that song in or not?

The wiki is also missing Star Fox 64's Star Wolf, which was shown in the direct way back, did it not end up making it in?
Jungle Level Ver. 2 from Brawl is in, but not Ver. 1. All three Star Wolf themes from the past games are in, no new ones.

Last edited:

CleverDan

Smash Cadet
Is Ganon the only villain who doesn't have a "theme" in Ultimate?
Dark Samus doesn't have dedicated theme.

Ganon's theme can heard briefly in Song of Storms, right before it transitions to Serenade of Water, but I wouldn't consider that song his "theme".

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Wouldn't the new Death Mountain remix work as Ganon's Theme? It's closest we've got.

Or Gerudo Valley, since Ganondorf is a bonafide Gerudo. :smirk:

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
i think smash associates gerudo valley more with sheik but yeah we've got death mountain and calamity ganon phase 2

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'm still amazed by the variety of the Zelda new tracks, in terms of game origins. Sure, we got a handful of BotW but the fact that it explores the music of previous games is really nice, more especially when you consider that it's not necessarily the main themes. Midna's Lament, Molgera, Death Mountain, even the music from a trailer... It's amazing.

And the more I listen to the Death Mountain track, the more I fall in love with it. The mood of the track is perfect.

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
death mountain is the BEST, i love how it incorporates the game over theme and even the item get theme

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
death mountain is the BEST, i love how it incorporates the game over theme and even the item get theme
Yeah, the incorporation of the Game Over theme is what I love the most. It's calming... Yet somewhat eerie. Even the main theme of Zelda, I love when it's arranged like this, in a minor key, it gives an epic feel to it, same goes to the Hyrule Exterior theme (even more for this one).

When is the "item get" part though? I probably missed it.

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
i'm glad this time around they kind of realized they don't need to re-remix themes that have already been done, like the zelda overworld theme or DK island swing or mute city. they did do repeats in some cases where it wasn't really necessary (wrecking crew medley comes to mind) but for the main series they really worked on including a wider variety of representation, which especially shows with zelda and DK

Top Bottom