• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of New Remixes

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
So you really can't play any Mario music on the Super Mario World stage?!?
That's honestly a really frustrating decision. Why classify Super Mario World as a Yoshi game? Just because Yoshi was introduced in that game? Because that's the way it was in Melee? I get that the stage is called "Yoshi's Island," but SMW is literally a Mario game.

It baffles me that nobody on the Smash team thought "it would be nice if the Super Mario World stage had some Super Mario World music, we should probably re-categorize it as a Mario stage"
I'm hoping this is the kind of thing that could be changed in a patch.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
That's definitely a problem that exist almost solely because of the logo. I'm pretty sure that, if Smash 64 didn't featured Yoshi, he would be considered a Mario character. But the original 8 character from Smash 64 had their own logo (before adding Luigi and Jigglypuff) and this stayed.

I mean, Smash 4 basically did that as Yoshi was indeed with the Mario character, reminding that he is a major character of that franchise.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
So you really can't play any Mario music on the Super Mario World stage?!?
That's honestly a really frustrating decision. Why classify Super Mario World as a Yoshi game? Just because Yoshi was introduced in that game? Because that's the way it was in Melee? I get that the stage is called "Yoshi's Island," but SMW is literally a Mario game.

It baffles me that nobody on the Smash team thought "it would be nice if the Super Mario World stage had some Super Mario World music, we should probably re-categorize it as a Mario stage"
I'm hoping this is the kind of thing that could be changed in a patch.
It's like considering 75m a Mario stage.
That's definitely a problem that exist almost solely because of the logo. I'm pretty sure that, if Smash 64 didn't featured Yoshi, he would be considered a Mario character. But the original 8 character from Smash 64 had their own logo (before adding Luigi and Jigglypuff) and this stayed.

I mean, Smash 4 basically did that as Yoshi was indeed with the Mario character, reminding that he is a major character of that franchise.
You'd think considering the Mario World Medley was a remix specifically made for Yoshi's Island, if anything that stage would revert to being a Mario stage this game and be called what anyone can plainly see. At the very least if you want to keep to Smash tradition then let us pick any Mario music on that stage. It just doesn't make sense.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
I still think Yoshi's games are too deeply tied to Mario's for it to be considered its own separate series rather than a spinoff. After all, Luigi's Mansion isn't considered its own series. Oh well, not a huge deal for me.

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I finally got a hold of someone with a copy of the game and got some answers about My Music. You're not really gonna like them.

1) There's no overlap between Mario and Mario Kart. He said Delfino Plaza had 78 songs in its My Music list and the Mario Kart tracks weren't part of it.
2) "Other" music is confined to "other" stages. This includes Hanenbow, which he said had a tracklist of 85 songs (keep in mind this is without any songs unlocked). Less surprising, but still disappointing, it does not include Flat Zone X (TWO WHOLE SONGS), Boxing Ring, or Wii Fit Studio.

This game is an absolute mess of some stages having no music and others having way more you know what to do with. It's still an improvement over how it was before, but it really is kind of incredible how much they managed to botch it anyway. :/

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Yoshi's Island Melee is stuck with Yoshi Music, other than its original Melee theme

How terrible. It doesn't even get the SMB3 medley it's always had
WHYYYYYYY. THATS THE ONLY FULL FLEDGE SMW STAGE TOO.

What on Earth is wrong with them?? How did they okay this sdklgklhd

Okay, I finally got a hold of someone with a copy of the game and got some answers about My Music. You're not really gonna like them.

1) There's no overlap between Mario and Mario Kart. He said Delfino Plaza had 78 songs in its My Music list and the Mario Kart tracks weren't part of it.
2) "Other" music is confined to "other" stages. This includes Hanenbow, which he said had a tracklist of 85 songs (keep in mind this is without any songs unlocked). Less surprising, but still disappointing, it does not include Flat Zone X (TWO WHOLE SONGS), Boxing Ring, or Wii Fit Studio.

This game is an absolute mess of some stages having no music and others having way more you know what to do with. It's still an improvement over how it was before, but it really is kind of incredible how much they managed to botch it anyway. :/
The first doesn't really bother me. Mario Kart tracks are something I feel that fit more within Mario Kart stages, but that sucks for those who feels otherwise.

Second one sounds like a bit of a mess but to be fair Boxing Ring and Wii Fit Studio aren't "Other" songs, so it makes sense they're only in their own stage.

Last edited:

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
Also Boxing Ring and Wii Fit Studio aren't "Other" songs, so it makes sense they're only in their own stage.
I agree it makes sense considering how they have their own sections in sound test. But both of those series are grouped together with all the "other" music in the game's files, so I figured it was worth asking. And when you consider that Punch-Out only has 5 songs, it's kind of garbage that it doesn't get to share the pool. The decision over what fell under "other" and what didn't was really arbitrary anyway.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Isn't there some exceptions to this? Seemingly, Codename Steam's FE songs are on FE stages, so I suppose that at least Little Mac's theme from Captain Rainbow is ln the boxing ring.
But all of these are tied to these universes.

So that mean no Tetris on Luigi's Mansion anymore for example?

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
Isn't there some exceptions to this? Seemingly, Codename Steam's FE songs are on FE stages, so I suppose that at least Little Mac's theme from Captain Rainbow is ln the boxing ring.
But all of these are tied to these universes.

So that mean no Tetris on Luigi's Mansion anymore for example?
Correct, Tetris Type A can't be played on Luigi's Mansion any longer. Only on one of the "other" stages, which should be Summit, Duck Hunt, PictoChat 2, Balloon Fight, Living Room, Find Mii, Tomodachi Life, Wrecking Crew, Pilotwings, Wuhu Island, and Hanenbow.

Was Tomorrow's Passion from Captain Rainbow actually an arrangement of something from Punch-Out? Or was it just a new theme in the game that happened to be for Little Mac? If it was the former, it'll probably be put with the Punch-Out music. Otherwise, it'll probably be under Other.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Correct, Tetris Type A can't be played on Luigi's Mansion any longer. Only on one of the "other" stages, which should be Summit, Duck Hunt, PictoChat 2, Balloon Fight, Living Room, Find Mii, Tomodachi Life, Wrecking Crew, Pilotwings, Wuhu Island, and Hanenbow.
Oh, that will feel weird especially for Brawl's tracks, some definitely were made for specific stages (Tunnel Scene -X comes to mind)

Was Tomorrow's Passion from Captain Rainbow actually an arrangement of something from Punch-Out? Or was it just a new theme in the game that happened to be for Little Mac? If it was the former, it'll probably be put with the Punch-Out music. Otherwise, it'll probably be under Other.
I believe it's a new song, but considering it's still Little Mac's theme, I suppose it will be an exception. Although with the title you wouldn't know it's his theme.

Last edited:

SmashBasher123

Smash Cadet
Uuuugh, massive disappointment that Yoshi's Island is hardlocked to not play any music from its dang game of origin. Hopefully it's something that gets addressed in a future update, but I doubt they'd change something so ultimately minor...

SmashBasher123

Smash Cadet
Are people complaining that my boi has his own logo again?

tsk tsk tsk
I'm moreso frustrated that they didn't make an exception for the my music rules to actually play Mario World music on the Mario World stage like it always has lol. It's especially frustrating since we know there *are* (seemingly) other exceptions to it like the Codename STEAM Fire Emblem tracks playing on Fire Emblem stages.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I just like to think Sakurai is secretely a Sadist, who enjoys the thought of enraged fans who get mad over the little things in his games that he made happen on purpose.

SmashBasher123

Smash Cadet
I just like to think Sakurai is secretely a Sadist, who enjoys the thought of enraged fans who get mad over the little things in his games that he made happen on purpose.
I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case :p
This kinda makes me wish even more we just had the ability to pick any song for any stage, though I still generally appreciate the options we have for My Music now. It just feels weirdly rigid in some areas, which while I suppose is the point of the new way they're doing it but it's still gonna be strange for a lot of tracks since as pointed out earlier, a lot of Other songs particularly in Brawl feel like they were arranged with a specific stage in mind.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom

tsk tsk tsk
No Yoshi’s my favorite character in the game. I’m just saying that if it looks like a Super Mario World stage and quacks like a Super Mario World stage, it should be counted as a mario stage.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master

tsk tsk tsk
Not the logo itself, but how that becomes an arbitrary rule splitting music and stages.

I mean, the problem is more than that, it's both the logo and how Melee had 2 stages per serie, giving Yoshi a Mario stage.

This is a nitpick but for this, just because it was like that before doesn't mean it shouldn't change.

I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case :p
This kinda makes me wish even more we just had the ability to pick any song for any stage, though I still generally appreciate the options we have for My Music now. It just feels weirdly rigid in some areas, which while I suppose is the point of the new way they're doing it but it's still gonna be strange for a lot of tracks since as pointed out earlier, a lot of Other songs particularly in Brawl feel like they were arranged with a specific stage in mind.
Hopefully, I hope that the number of oddities will be low. I hardly see on those stages (
be Summit, Duck Hunt, PictoChat 2, Balloon Fight, Living Room, Find Mii, Tomodachi Life, Wrecking Crew, Pilotwings, Wuhu Island, and Hanenbow.
) songs like Tunnel Scene - X or Marionation Gear (won't stop me from putting it everywhere though).

I also wonder what is the fate of Mach Rider.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
It just seems like people are more than willing to throw the baby out with the bathwater in regards to Yoshi's status as a separate franchise over dumb tiny nitpicks like that.

If that had happened long ago, there may never have been the Yoshi stages and music that it has (including the SMW Melee stage fyi).

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I think Sunmit or find mii on omega and battlefield will be my go to stages for more intense music (as well as Style Savvy music)

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I think Sunmit or find mii on omega and battlefield will be my go to stages for more intense music (as well as Style Savvy music)
FD / BF Summit will be my go-to stage for Trouble Brewing personally.

Edit: for "other" stages, I'll probably have the main track like this:

Summit: Trouble Brewing II
Find Mii: The Darkest Lord (this track is just too good)
Tomodachi Life: Wii Shop Channel
Nintendogs: It's really tempting to put Rathalos here
Pictochat: Probably Snipperclips or Shaberu! Cooking Navi
Hanenbow: The Electroplankton remix is nice, but Freaky Form goes well on it
Wrecking Crew: Perfomance (Daigosso Band Brothers)
Pilotwings: Wonderful 101
Wuhu Island: Culdcept from Smash 4 maybe

Special note about Wuhu Island: I've seen that the Omega / BF form take place in the Arena part (for the Kendo game if I recall well) so some battle songs can fit well on it! I'd dare to say that the japanese themed songs could slightly work on it.

Ring! Dong! Dang! will be everywhere of course.

Last edited:

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
So I took a look again at the cutted tracks. And there are only a total of 5 tracks that where cut completely (Barrel Blast, Checker Knights, Ai no Uta (Jp & Fr), Tane no Uta and Right There, Right On). That's really more than we could have ever expected, almost everything from the past game is in Smash Ultimate! All songs with a blue check mark have at least one remix or alternative version in Smash Ultimate:

1.) Ground Theme 2 (Brawl) - There are so many versions of this track - and Ground Theme 1 (Brawl) is better anyways.

2.) Barrel Blast (Brawl) - Afaik this song doesn't have a remix in Ultimate, however all the new DK-tracks more than make up for this cut.

3.) Midna's Lament (Brawl) - New remix. (Still I am a bit sad the original was cut).

4.) The Great Sea (Brawl) - Smash 4 remix (Great Sea / Menu Select).

5.) Molgera (Brawl) - New remix!

6.) Vs. Parasite Queen (Brawl) - New remix!

7.) Checker Knights (Brawl) - Unfortunate, however we already saw this coming

8.) Forest / Nature Area (Brawl) - Smash 4 remix. Still I really miss the original...

9.) Battle (Wild Pokemon) Diamond / Pearl (Smash 4) - Luckily they decided to bring the Smash Bros Brawl remix back. Seems like Nintendo realized that the Smash 4 remix wasn't that good and they decided to choose the Brawl remix again. Good choice Nintendo, good choice!

10.) Wrath of the Reset Bomb Forest (Smash 4) - No loss, the remix of this song is still in the game. It was cut because it was only available in Street Run afaik.

11.) Dark Pit Chapter 6 (Smash 4) - Same as above!

12.) Ai no Uta (Jp & Fr) (Brawl) - Probably cut due to licencing problems. I liked this song a lot, however most player probably won't miss this due to the very bizzare nature.

13.) Tane no Uta (Brawl) - Even more bizzare than Ai no Uta. Probably cut due to the same reasons.

14.) Famicom Medley (Brawl) - They chose Famicom Medley from Smash 4 instead of the Brawl version. I am okay with that, since I like the Smash 4 version more. However still a bit unfortunate since the Brawl-version differed a lot from the Smash 4 Version and featured melodies of some of the less known NES-games.

15.) Theme of Solid Snake (Brawl) - New remix, better than the original!

16.) Right There, Ride On (Brawl) - I am not sure why this was cut, since there is no remix or comparable alternative song in the game. However, this wasn't one of the better Sonic anyways, therefore no big loss.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
That's indeed only a few of songs missing. I'm sad that the Pikmin songs aren't there, but it's obvious that it's a right issue.

There's also three musics from Subspace Emissary missing, and even there, it's the save point from the labyrinth, and the second version of subspace, so only Step: the Cave is really missing.

CleverDan

Smash Cadet
Also missing from the list the 8-bit rip of Balloon Trip and the original How to Play from Melee, and the Brawl remix of Melee's Menu 2. We have remixes of mixes of the first two and the original of the latter.

vini64

Smash Cadet
7.) Checker Knights (Brawl) - Unfortunate, however we already saw this coming
I believe this one was made for the Kirby anime before it appeared in Kirby Air Ride, so it makes sense it was cut.

9.) Battle (Wild Pokemon) Diamond / Pearl (Smash 4) - Luckily they decided to bring the Smash Bros Brawl remix back. Seems like Nintendo realized that the Smash 4 remix wasn't that good and they decided to choose the Brawl remix again. Good choice Nintendo, good choice!
Disagree, I prefer Koji Hayama's remix because I like his style a lot (gotta love his voice samples), but Brawl's remix is good too.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Also missing from the list the 8-bit rip of Balloon Trip and the original How to Play from Melee, and the Brawl remix of Melee's Menu 2. We have remixes of mixes of the first two and the original of the latter.
I don't recall the Brawl remix of Melee's Menu 2. What track was that again?

ThatNintendoGuy

Smash Rookie
The Nintendo ninjas have begun to claim all of the uploaded songs that weren't on the blog. Crunchii received 21 copyright strikes and a 7 day Grace period before his channel is terminated. He claims he won't come back after it ethier. But I'm honestly surprised they stayed up for as long as they did.

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
The Nintendo ninjas have begun to claim all of the uploaded songs that weren't on the blog. Crunchii received 21 copyright strikes and a 7 day Grace period before his channel is terminated. He claims he won't come back after it ethier. But I'm honestly surprised they stayed up for as long as they did.
I hope others will take his place as one of the lead Nintendo OST uploaders...

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Good thing I already downloaded clean rips of the new music before the purge.

vini64

Smash Cadet
So I guess I'll make my top 10 best new remixes as some people did earlier:

10. Lament of Innocence – Castlevania: Lament of Innocence (arr. ACE (TOMOri Kudo / CHiCO)
Huge props to this one, because I was sure they would just port the original song, which is perhaps my absolute favorite Castlevania song, but they did an amazing job with this remix.

9. Fortress Boss – Super Mario Bros. 3 (arr. Akihiro Honda)
Frantic and intense, especially near the end. Loved how they incorporated the Ice Land theme, it was the cherry in the cake.

8. Guts Man Stage – Mega Man (arr. ACE (TOMOri Kudo / CHiCO)
This one makes me want to dance real hard. ACE always killing with their arrangements. Amazing piano solo as well.

7. Divine Bloodlines – Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (arr. Yasushi Asada)
One of my favorite Castlevania songs, the remix did it justice. Beautiful violins.

6. Crocodile Cacophony – Donkey Kong Country 2 (arr. Soshi Abe)
This one was a pleasant surprise. I love DKC2’s OST, so I’m very happy this was remixed. It’s menacing and intense, a perfect fit.

5. Gang-Plank Galleon – Donkey Kong Country (arr. ACE (TOMOri Kudo / CHiCO)
Dem trumpets. No need to go over this one, you can’t go wrong with it.

4. Galaga Medley (arr. Yusuke Takahama)
Ever since this one was previewed in the website it was a favorite of mine. The full version is exactly the banger I expected it to be.

3. Staff Credits – Kirby’s Dream Land (arr. MASAKI)
Kirby is my favorite Nintendo franchise after Mario, so this one makes me extremely happy with how upbeat it is. It represents Kirby perfectly. Also because it brings good memories of Super Star.

2. Light Plane – Pilotwings (arr. Noriyuki Iwadare)
I thought they couldn’t make an arrangement as fantastic as Smash 4's, which is my favorite song of the whole game, but they freaking managed. You can’t go wrong with sax and synth. All those tasty solos, man <3 Especially the sax one.

1. Delfino Plaza – Super Mario Sunshine (arr. Noriyuki Iwadare)
I can’t express how much I loved this one. It puts a gigantic smile on my face, especially because I’m a huge Sunshine fan. The guitar and accordion solos near the end are pure bliss.

Honorable mention to the Earthbound remixes. It's nice to see how Fourside and Magicant would sound if they were Mario Tennis courts :p I love Motoi Sakuraba's characteristic style.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Wait so can we play the miscellaneous Namco songs like the Galaga medley on other stages? Because I really don't want to be stuck on Pac Land if I want to play that

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If YouTube channels are in trouble for revealing too much too soon, then that does have me feeling concerned about what actions that GameBanana will take. Just yesterday I converted Smash Ultimate's Battlefield theme into a .nus3bank file, and uploaded it onto GameBanana, but now I'm starting to worry that all Smash Ultimate BGM uploads will end up being taken down until after the game is officially released.

Ironically, we've already known what the Battlefield theme sounded like since E3 2018, so that shouldn't be too much of a spoiler.

segillav

Smash Apprentice
Some of my favorite remixes from Ultimate in no particular order. I have not really processed most of the Castlevania/Mega Man remixes since there are so many of them so most of them aren't here.
Splattack!: I’m not too big on Splatoon music so I’m glad this took a very different approach. Probably the closest thing we’ll get to ska in Smash lol.

Gangplank Galleon: I don’t love this as much as seemingly everyone else on the internet, mostly because the vocal portion doesn’t entirely work for me. The horns are just everything though.

Crocodile Cacophony: This has such a menacing sound. While there are a lot of electrical guitar focused remixes in Ultimate, it sounds the most exciting here I feel.

The Map Page / Bonus Level: Chill but still very exciting.

Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017 Trailer BGM: This is just very impressive and massive sounding.

Midna's Lament: The original version is possibly the least fitting song to ever be in Smash Bros. I love this still rather dramatic but much more bombastic take.

Vs. Ridley: A much heavier take compared to the Brawl version. I love the incorporation of the Super Metroid theme.

City Trial: One of my favorites from the website previews and it still is.

Battle! Lorekeeper Zinnia: This is much more epic sounding than most other Pokémon remixes for me.

Magicant: I prefer the Smash 4 version but that is one of my favorite remixes of that game so it was always gonna be hard to top. This goes for a completely different approach that, like a lot of people have already said, feels like it belongs in Mario Tennis Aces.

Beyond Distant Skies (Roy’s Departure): Despite the source song being rather short it does not feel stretched out which is rather impressive.

Main Menu - Wii Fit: It helps that I’m rather nostalgic for Wii Fit music. My favorite part is the Advanced Step section.

Training Menu - Wii Fit U: It’s funny that the song from the :ultwiifittrainer: character trailer was misidentified as this but then it turned out there was a remix of it after all! I love the piano melody.

We’re Robots (Dr. Wily Stage 2): I liked the snippet we got in the last direct but the full version really blew me away. I was not expecting that flute.

Galaga Medley: I wasn’t hugely impressed by the website preview but the full thing has a lot more twists than I was expecting.

Wrecking Crew Medley: Even better than the one from Smash 4! The jazzy arrangements definitely stick out in a positive way here.

Light Plane: I wasn’t too fond of the vocals on the Smash 4 version and this version feels more exciting in general.
In terms of songs that were absent in Smash 4 I’m very happy that Sonic Boom, Mona Pizza’s Song, Saria’s Song (Melee), Gritzy Desert, Fourside (Melee), Balloon Trip (Brawl) & Shaberu! DS Cooking Navi have all returned.

And of course, a big shout out to the new god Ring! Dong! Dang! which is unironically a banger.

Naoshi

I agree it makes sense considering how they have their own sections in sound test. But both of those series are grouped together with all the "other" music in the game's files, so I figured it was worth asking. And when you consider that Punch-Out only has 5 songs, it's kind of garbage that it doesn't get to share the pool. The decision over what fell under "other" and what didn't was really arbitrary anyway.
They're only "other" songs in the internal folders but otherwise they're officially Fighter Series songs just like almost everyone else's, not actually "Other".

For the record, Xenoblade, Wii Fit and Punch-Out! were also internally grouped with Other songs in Smash Bros Wii U. They just didn't bother changing this because it doesn't really effect the game's categorization.

AFAIK, Ice Climbers, Gyromite and Duck Hunt are the only Universes with fighters thats officially considered "Others" for the soundtrack.

Last edited:

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
I've been looking through the files and realized there were TWO tracks named Electroplankton... One of which being the ambient sound we had on the stage in Brawl. Maybe we will still have the option to have no music on the stage apart from the one made by the Hanenbow themselves, like in Brawl?

Naoshi

It just seems like people are more than willing to throw the baby out with the bathwater in regards to Yoshi's status as a separate franchise over dumb tiny nitpicks like that.

If that had happened long ago, there may never have been the Yoshi stages and music that it has (including the SMW Melee stage fyi).
I agree people are being weird about Yoshi not deserving his own status.

For me, I don't care about the dang logo, it can stay for all I care. I just want them to give us the ability to play Mario music on the stage, regardless of what logo is on the stage. I think the logo and such is actually justified, just not this weird My Music screw up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom