• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of New Remixes

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Gotta say, I'm not sure how I feel about all the electric guitar in these new remixes. On one hand, it fits a lot of the songs and makes them feel "battle ready", but it also sounds a little generic in some cases, at least in my opinion. Molgera is the biggest victim of this for me, which sucks because it's my favorite Zelda song. Vs. Zinnia also feels like it had what made it so intense and fun stripped out and replaced with guitar. Not to say I dislike the instrument, I think it just feels overpowering in some cases here.

Gotta say though, some of these remixes are mind blowingly good. Mario 2 Ground Theme is perfection, all of the DK music is fantastic, and the Codename S.T.E.A.M remix is.... not the song I was hoping for but still great all the same. For all the "eh" I heard, there were two "holy ****" remixes to take it's place.

EDIT: Molgera doesn't have electric guitar, my b. Still don't like the remix though; It feels... drained?

Last edited:

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
If I had to rate them 5 favourite new remixes... I'm heavily biaised towards the series I particulary enjoy though. (Note the Wii Fit Menu remix isn't on the net for now, and would probably be amongst my favourites as well based on the preview from WFT's trailer)

5. Find Mii Medley: What can I say, I love Streetpass games.

4. Kass' Theme: I'm not a fan of BotW but this theme is very enjoyable and the smashification is absolutely gorgeous.

3. Electroplankton: Not only is the sheer fact that this little game got an entire theme made from scratch is awesome, the music is also catchy as hell.

2. Luigi's Mansion Medley: Not quite as good as Brawl's one, but miles better than the 4 one. I love hauting themes overall, and this one contains delightfully unsettling music box ones. I always end up picking Luigi's Mansion as a stage for its music selection, and this gives me one more reason to play on it.

1. Ground Theme (Super Mario Bros 2.) Probably one of the catchiest songs ever, this remix captures everything that makes this track awesome and runs with it. I can listen to it non stop and still find it as energizing as during the first few listenings.

And because I also like ported songs, I'll give my two cents on them as well:

5. The Keeper of the Lake: I know many disliked Hey! Pikmin, but I'm not one of them. Say what you want about the game, but it's soundtrack is amazing.

4. Fatal Blooms in the Moonligfht: It is a Kirby final boss track. Do I need to say more?

3. CROWNED: F***** FINALLY, that one was so long overdue it is not even funny. As said before, Kirby final bosses always have banger musics.

2. Battle: The Darkest Lord, from Miitopia. My most favourite game from 2017 (yes, even more than Odyssey), and this was easily one of my most wanted tracks. It is simply amazing and ideal for a good fight.

1. Fragment of Hope: Yeah, another Hey! Pikmin track. This is easily my favourite new ported song in this game: it is absolutely grand and gorgeous, and you bet I'll be playing on Pikmin stages, especially since all the other tracks (especially the Hey! Pikmin ones all are amazing.)

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
ugh i'm annoyed, someone on the smashwiki list of music was adding a bunch of random songs because "well they had to have, right?"

why would they remix the title theme from wii music?! they didn't even put in the original

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Gotta say, I'm not sure how I feel about all the electric guitar in these new remixes. On one hand, it fits a lot of the songs and makes them feel "battle ready", but it also sounds a little generic in some cases, at least in my opinion. Molgera is the biggest victim of this for me, which sucks because it's my favorite Zelda song. Vs. Zinnia also feels like it had what made it so intense and fun stripped out and replaced with guitar. Not to say I dislike the instrument, I think it just feels overpowering in some cases here.
Yeah, I actually wanted to mention the prevalence of electric guitar in Ultimate's arrangements. I agree that its pretty hit or miss.

Personally I like the electric guitar in Zinnia's theme. I was afraid they'd overdo it with the guitar - all the other Pokemon remixes in Ultimate have an emphasis on the electric guitar after all - but I think it was pretty well balanced, it still had a significant focus on the accordion and strings of the original. The electric guitar thankfully wasn't overpowering, it actually complemented the song quite well in my opinion.
I'm confused about Molgera though, that song doesn't have any electric guitar, at least not in the version I'm hearing...?

I think it works for many of the songs, for the Kahuna Battle theme I didn't mind the woodwinds/brass of the original's melody being replaced with an electric guitar, I think it fit the tone of the song. City Trial is another example of where its not too overpowering, it works in parts like this (which was I think a mandolin in the original song). I like the Snake Eater remix as well.
But on the other hand, you have something like the Happy Home Designer theme, which just had me scratching my head... why does this need an electric guitar? It completely killed the tone of the original song, for me at least.

I also agree with your point that it can sound a bit generic after a while. I feel that some of the Mega Man and Castlevania songs verge on sounding a bit samey and forgettable due to being arranged in very similar styles. Not all of them, of course, but there are a few that just don't stand out at all to me. The ones that are different stand out more: for example, I was so glad that Wicked Child was fully orchestrated rather than done in a rock style, and that We're the Robots had a more jazzy spin.

Last edited:

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I actually wanted to mention the prevalence of electric guitar in Ultimate's arrangements. I agree that its pretty hit or miss.

Personally I like the electric guitar in Zinnia's theme. I was afraid they'd overdo it with the guitar - all the other Pokemon remixes in Ultimate have an emphasis on the electric guitar after all - but I think it was pretty well balanced, it still had a significant focus on the accordion and strings of the original. The electric guitar thankfully wasn't overpowering, it actually complemented the song quite well in my opinion.
I'm confused about Molgera though, that song doesn't have any electric guitar, at least not in the version I'm hearing...?

I think it works for many of the songs, for the Kahuna Battle theme I didn't mind the woodwinds/brass of the original's melody being replaced with an electric guitar, I think it fit the tone of the song. City Trial is another example of where its not too overpowering, it works in parts like this (which was I think a mandolin in the original song). But on the other hand, you have something like the Happy Home Designer theme, which just had me scratching my head... why does this need an electric guitar? It completely killed the tone of the original song, for me at least.

I also agree with your point that it can sound a bit generic after a while. I feel that some of the Mega Man and Castlevania songs verge on sounding a bit samey and forgettable due to being arranged in very similar styles. Not all of them, of course, but there are a few that just don't stand out at all to me. The ones that are different stand out more: for example, I was so glad that Wicked Child was fully orchestrated rather than done in a rock style, and that We're the Robots had a more jazzy spin.
Just curious as to what specific MM and Castlevania tunes don't do much for you due to the overpowering use of electric guitar.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Time to bandwagon!

BotW 2017 Trailer: This one is particuliar, because some parts respect really well the original track. But I love every bit of new things. The guitar, the violins, the choir... At 0:36 I really love that addition.

Midna's Lament: While I'm a bit sad the original isn't here anymore, every second of this track make up for it. This piece turned out to be so epic, it's insane. It keep a calm part, that can give some intensity to the fight, but then it goes all out at 1:25, it gives me goosebumps. And I love how it transitions to the Fairy Fountain theme.

... I'll try to not just talk about Zelda remixes.

Luigi's Mansion: The Luigi's Mansion tracks in Smash are always great, but I love how this one is dynamic while staying true to the source material. The waltz part is really nice, as well as the music box part and there's some little things like jingles from the game and all, there's definitely love put in this track.

Crocodile Cacophony: I really love how it stands out of the other DK tracks. Definitely better than getting Jungle Level version 837

City Trial: I spent SO MUCH time in this mode, I love to see it finally in Smash.

Big Blue: I'm just so glad to see something else than Mute City. That track is legendary, and I really like how it turned out, it feels both modern and retro.

Animal Crossing Title Theme: Glad to see some love for the original theme as well. The track is punchy but keep the animal crossing vibe while being different, and have some nice instrumentation.

Trouble Brewing 2: It's close to the original, but the track is great, and let's be honest, I'm just glad this great game got something.

Bomb Rush Blush: I loved how Callie's song feels a lot "japanese arcade", and the I think that this remix put the emphasis on it, by adding things considering the track could be a little bit repetitive at times.

Galaga Medley: While the intro is a bit lackluster, the rest is deliciously retro and I love it.

Crucifix Held Close:
I'm not a Castlevania fan but it's music is something where you can't go wrong, and this track is phenomenal, you know some epic battle will happen right at the begining.

Melee How To Play: An unexpected remix, and it's a glorious rendition for battle. It have a "gladiator" vibe.

Break Free (Lead the Way): This piece is not only a cheerful pop rock music but a great moment in Mario's history IMO. Really glad that it's in the game.

Hyrule Castle Exterior: Really glad they added this. The progression of the track is great, definitely gives the vibe of taking on a hard challenge, a progressing step by step. It blends well so many great tracks from Zelda.

Area 5 Torrid Zone (Lava Caves - Magmoor Caverns): Finally, the lava theme comes after 4 games with lava themes stages.

Fatal Blooms in Moonlight: I'm not really a Kirby player, but I think the track is neat, and will go well with everyone's favorite Fountain.

The Scions' Dance in Purgatory: Choirs and Harpischord. I can only like it.

Flashes of Fear: That boss theme from Hey! Pikmin stands out. It's slightly silly but keep a battle vibe.

Yoga: A peaceful song, but something that I'll put a lot on Wii Fit anyway.

"Chance Encounter!" and "Showdown!": Well, I already expressed my loved for Codename Steam. But "Chance Encounter" stands out because it's essentially the two tracks from Brawl's Shadow Dragon Medley I live, in a rock version. Showdown is more brutal, and I like it too.

Battle: The Darkest Lord: This track is so great. I love how it begins, and go into some nice guitar riffs. The tone of the song is great.

Ring! Dong! Dang!: The track I wasn't expecting, and the track I adore. It's just so japanese, so anime. Definitely a fun song for fun matches.

Calamari Inkantation: I think I don't have to explain.

Muck Warfare: My favorite track from Splatoon 2's splatfests, I love it's tone and Pearl's voice.

Studiopolis Act 1: So glad that we got some Sonic Mania! This track is really great.

I won't talk about previous songs, but I'm glad that Ashley's Song Version 2 is available in western versions of the game.

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
yeah it's hit and miss with the guitar but i do like a lot of the new remixes that are jazzy (we're robots, light plane, wrecking crew medley) or otherwise offbeat (electroplankton, yuyuki, bonus room blitz, galaga and mappy medley). a lot of the rock remixes still connect with me, like city trial, afternoon on the island, and area 1. and of course you can't forget the new f-zero remixes

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Just curious as to what specific MM and Castlevania tunes don't do much for you due to the overpowering use of electric guitar.
Its not so much that the electric guitar is overpowering, rather its that many of the Castlevania and especially Mega Man songs heavily focus on guitars, which can makes them less distinct/memorable to me. Napalm Man and Top Man come to mind for having a "generic" electric guitar sound. Its not that I hate them while I'm listening to them, its more that they don't stand out to me, you know? For a Castlevania example: I really like the orchestral parts of "Dance of Gold," but the electric guitar doesn't do much for me personally.

Its also only been a day, so I suppose they might stand out to me more and more over time.

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
So I haven't seen the Starwing Medley remix anywhere but it was in the recent demo. What happened to It?
That's the remix from Melee played on Corneria.

It just got a name change here.

Its not so much that the electric guitar is overpowering, rather its that many of the Castlevania and especially Mega Man songs heavily focus on guitars, which can makes them less distinct/memorable to me. Napalm Man and Top Man come to mind for having a "generic" electric guitar sound. Its not that I hate them while I'm listening to them, its more that they don't stand out to me, you know? For a Castlevania example: I really like the orchestral parts of "Dance of Gold," but the electric guitar doesn't do much for me personally.

Its also only been a day, so I suppose they might stand out to me more and more over time.
I totally get what you mean.

This is why I dig and prefer the likes of Dark Man, Crash Man, Guts Man and Gravity Man a tad bit moreso.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Time to bandwagon!
BotW 2017 Trailer: This one is particuliar, because some parts respect really well the original track. But I love every bit of new things. The guitar, the violins, the choir... At 0:36 I really love that addition.
Right?? I love the part at 0:36, that was the moment that really sold me on the whole arrangement.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Alright, since I can't make any progress on my homework, I'll give my review/thoughts on the Ultimate sountrack

In reviewing the OST for Ultimate I'm going to look at the what we have by franchise, looking at both the new remixes and the music as a whole. If you just want my general thoughts you can skip to the conclusion section.

:ultmario: (6 Remixes) - I was pretty shocked to see that we only had 6 new Mario remixes, less than a third of what we had from Smash 4. That being said, in terms of memorable tracks, Ultimate surprisngly has both Smash 4 and even Brawl beat.
The composers had a tendency, especially with Smash 4, to remix the same themes over and over again, namely the Ground Theme for Super Mario Bros., to them point where songs from the original game even entered remixes of more recent games like Galaxy (see Egg Planet, a decent track made worse imo by adding the underground and starman theme). The best remixes always ended up being ones that adapted lesser-known songs (such as the amazing Mario World fortress boss theme by ACE).
That's not to say Mario didn't double-dip this time around in terms of remixes; the fortress boss theme from Super Mario Bros. 3 is remixed again, for example, but each one of these trcks differs so greatly from both their originals and remixes that they're effectively new tracks. And despite this, they all capture the feeling of the originals, from the happy and jubilant Super Mario Bros. 2 Ground Theme to the intense Bowser Theme from Super Mario Bros. 3. My only real complaint is the lack of remixes from newer games, but looking at how fantastic the Galaxy and Galaxy 2 songs are on their own, it's hardly a complaint. Plus looking at the massive back catalog of Mario ports and remixes, I'm pretty satisfied.

:ultdk:(5 Remixes) - One of the best surprises in terms of the OST came in the form of all the great DK remixes we had. This is even made more surprising considering the lackluster treatment the series got in the last game, with only one new remix not being a variation on the Jungle Level theme. This time around we had wholly unique music in terms of remixes (save for Gangplank Galleon, but that is so wildly different from the Brawl remix that it's not even worth complaining about).
The variety on its own is something to write home about, but on top of that every one of these remixes has such care and effort poured into it. The DKC tracks were all perfect adaptions of the original David Wise compositions, and they all have so much energy and passion that I just couldn't find in the Brawl or Smash 4 DK remixes. Even the one arcade DK remix was the best remix from an arcade game we've had yet, not to mention it adds in music from Donkey Kong Jr. While I would've preferred more music from Tropical Freeze, be it direct ports or remixes, it's hard to complain with how DK is represented music-wise.

:ultlink: (8 Remixes) - The Zelda remixes are some of the songs in the entire game, period. For a franchise with so many new songs, it's incredible how there isn't a single dud among them. And very similar to DK, almost all of these songs are unique and haven't been remixed before. The closest we get to a retread of the Overworld Theme that was done to death in Smash 4 is with the Termina Field remix from Majora's Mask, but it felt distinct enough to warrant its placement on the OST.
Sakurai talked a lot about trying to make more energetic and exciting music this time around as opposed to softer and slower tracks, and it definitely showed with Zelda. Turning Kass's theme and Midna's Lament into epic orchestrations both stayed true to the original songs and adapted them perfectily to fit Smash. There's even a few surprises here; who would've gussed, for example, that Death Mountain from the original Legend of Zelda would get a remix? Even the new tracks that weren't remixed, such as the Hyrule Castle Theme and Calamity Ganon Boss fight are fan favorite themes. I'd be hard-pressed to find any complaints with the Zelda music.

:ultsamus: (3 Remixes) - Metroid, like DK, saw a bump in musical love this time around, albeit to a lesser extent. We have one more track as opposed to in Smash 4, which is definitely something worth celebrating for a seires that hasn't had a mainline game in eight years. There's also plenty of variety to the music we got remixed this time around, with both old tracks and one newer arrangement from the Prime series. My favorite's gotta be the new Ridley theme. It's different enough from the Brawl remix not to mention it goes harder than that remix ever did. Oviously I would've preferred more new remixes, but the ones we have are pretty darn good, not to mention we got some stellar ports from Samus Returns to listen to as well.

:ultyoshi: (1 Remix) - I'm inclined to complain that Yoshi only got 1 remix this time around, but looking back on it, aside from the final boss theme from the original, there aren't that many Yoshi tracks that are really crying for a remix. At the very least, the one we got was very good, and as someone who liked the arrangements from Smash 4, I'd even argue that the new remix of Yoshi's New Island is even better.

:ultkirby: (2 Remixes) - Here's where I start to express my disappointments with the soundtrack. Don't get me wrong, both Kirby remixes we got were fantastic, but having two remixes for a franchise that gets much more than that per game, and had one of the most new remixes for a serieis last game, it just doesn't feel right. Add to that we once again got no new remixes from any modern Kirby game post-Return to Dreamland.
It's not all bad, though. In terms of ported music, we got two versions of CROWNED, Sky Tower, and Sectonia's theme, which are fantastic tracks, and we even got the boss theme from Star Allies. I still do have my concerns here though, as although we got two tracks from Planet Robobot, we didn't get the fan-favorite PROGRAM boss theme, which would've elevated the Kirby soundtrack to even higher standards.

:ultfox: (0 Remixes) - I'm pretty disappointed here too, obviously. There isn't much to say other than I wish we got some more love for Star Fox, but at the very least the three ports from Star Fox Zero we got sound pretty great.

:ultpikachu: (8 Remixes) - I'm very happy with what we got with Pokemon this time. Pokemon has tended to have less than stellar Smash remixes, with a lot of the tracks suffering from either staying to close to the original theme or not having enough intensity compared to the original. With Ultimate we seemed to have fixed this issue, with nearly every theme capturing the incredible intensity that a Smash match should have. The Champion and Elite Four theme from Sun and Moon are great compositions, and I even liked Gladion's theme, despite tht being a bit more muted than the other remixes in terms of intensity.
Of course we need to address the elephant in the room, that being Zinnia's Theme. Rarely do I ever see a track on the standard of the original Zinnia battle theme have a remix that surpasses the original, but this new remix somehow is even better than the original. From the intense violin in the first half to the epic guitars in the second half, every part of this song is fantastic and makes the entire Pokemon OST elevate to a higher plane.

:ultness: (2 Remixes) - I'm pretty happy with what we got for EarthBound music. Although we ended up double-dipping with both the Magicant and Fourside themes, the two remixes set themselves apart from their previous renditions by being much more energetic and suited for battle. I just wished we got some actual battle themes like the Kraken Fight or Porky Means Business from EarthBound, or any of the countless battle themes from Mother 3.

:ultfalcon: (3 Remixes) - I did not expect to get any more F-Zero remixes after the medley, but thankfully I was wrong. Both Sand Ocean and the F-Zero medley are both great tracks, but I cannot get over how good Big Blue sounds. It perfectly captures the feeling of both Captain Falcon and his games, and has an intensity that might just be unmatched by any other song on the OST. It starts hard and never stops.

:ultmarth: (10 Remixes) - Here's the first series that got a crazy amount of remixes for Smash. I was initially worried that all the new remixes would gravitate towards the newer games, specifically Awakening, but we ended up seeing a very diverse pool of remixes. We even got a remix from Genealogy of the Holy War, and that's one of the best remixes I've heard so far Frankly, every single one of these is fantastic, with the sole exception being the Heroes Menu Theme (it's good, but after playing Heroes for so long it didn't do much for me).
I also have to give a shout out to the Id Purpose remix. I, like many people, didn't think it was that different from the original, but after listenting to the second half of that track, I take that opinion back. Absolutely fantastic remix, as are the rest of the Awakening remixes. I really loved what they did with Fire Emblem this time but wishes they at least ported over Twilight of the Gods or some more tracks from Fates.

:ultpit: (0 Remixes) - Very sad we got no new Kid Icarus remixes. I've got nothing more to say, I like our current Kid Icarus music but just wished we got something new.

:ultwario: (0 Remixes) - This is one of the biggest disappointements, to be honest. We got nothing new here, nothing from Wario Land or Wario Ware. At the very least I think we got Ashley's Theme ver. 2 in the west for the first time, so that's nice.

:ultsnake: (2 Remixes) - Metal Gear got remixes in this game, which is more than I can say for most other third party franchises in Smash. That being said, both remixes didn't do much for me, though I liked Theme of Solid Snake quite a bit. Obviously they could have pulled more songs here, but I understand that stuff like licensing might get in the way.

:ultsonic: (0 Remixes) - Very sad that we got snubbed of Sonic remixes for the second time in a row, not to mention we only got three new tracks. At the very least those tracks are pretty good (love that Studiopolis Zone's here, but wish we got more from Mania).

:ultolimar: (2 Remixes) - I liked the Garden of Hope remix we got for Pikmin this time around, but just like with EarthBound I don't know why we didn't get any battle theme remixes. We did get some battle themes from Hey Pikmin, which are pretty good, but nothing from Pikmin 1,2, or 3, which is weird to me.

:ultvillager: (4 Remixes) - We may have gotten less remixes this time, but I'm happy with what we have here. Sakurai and the composers really made sure that tracks were more energetic this time around. Yet despite being faster-paced, all these songs ended up capturing their originals very well and adapting it to actually suit a fighting game. I especially like the Wild World Title Theme, even though it's a remix we might have heard before. The extra instrumentation and energy given to the track makes it feel unique from what we've heard before.

:ultmegaman: (17 Remixes) - Another example of a series that got a massive amount of new remixes. Every one of these remixes is pretty fantastic. This is speaking as someone who doesn't have that strong of an attachment to the Mega Man games. I really have no complaints with the Mega Man songs, they're all amazing and pull from a diverse array of games.
Prior to Ultimate I had only assumed that we'd be getting Mega Man songs from the firt 5 or so classic games, but I was pleasantly surprised to see they were pulling from all over the series, remixing tracks from the Mega Man X games on the SNES. There's even a Mega Man Zero and Starforce song in there too, which is very nice for fans of the series.

:ultwiifittrainer: (2 Remixes) - I didn't expect any new remixes for the series, but I'm happy we got some nonetheless. Both menu themes are great, but I prefer the one from the original game as I have a soft spot for the Advanced Step theme. That song got ported over as well into the game, so now I'll have plenty of great music to choose from if I ever choose to go to the Wii Fit stage, so I have no complaints here.

:ultlittlemac: (0 Remixes) - Definitly would've preferred something new like maybe the Super Punch Out themes, but it's not that great of a loss to get no new Punch Out music. I do hope Boxing Ring is one of the stages we can play the other music on, because there are some tracks that would fit fantastically there.

:ultpacman: (3 Remixes) - Since Pac Man in Smash is supposed to represent the Namco arcade games in general, I gave him the three arcade remixes even though there were no explicit Pac Man remixes on their own. It would've been nice to get some stuff from Pac Man World since the arcade games were covered well, but the remixes we got were pretty good, especially the Galaga Medley. I did not expect that song to be as good as it was.

:ultshulk: (0 Remixes) - Enormous disappointment here. I just don't get how composers could gloss over a series with such fantastic music, it realy is a great shame. Maybe they thought the tracks were good enough on their own? Regardless, we did get the three tracks from Xenoblade 2, which were all great trakcs, so that's a plus.

:ultryu: (2 Remixes) - I was kinda sad to see that the vast majority of the 30+ Street Fighter themes were just the type A and B themes from Street Fighter 2. I would've love for more remixes like Balrog or Dhalsim's theme, but the ones we got, especially Guile's Theme, are great. Again, I should be thankful that Street Fighter as a third party series got songs at all this time.

:ultcloud: (0 Remixes) - See Xenoblade. I know this comes down to a licencising problem, but it still does suck.

:ultbayonetta: (0 Remixes) - I really liked the Bayonetta tracks last game, so I was disappointed to see we got no new ones. Considering the next game will launch during one of the DLC waves, here's to hoping some tracks from that game get into Smash via an update or something.

:ultinkling: (4 Remixes) - I'm pretty happy with what we got here. Bomb Rush Blush is utterly fantastic and one of my favorite tracks so hard (I didn't expect for it to turn into Future Bass), and the other 3 are pretty great tracks as well. Would've preferred for some more tracks from Splatoon 2 and the Octo Expansion, but my guess was that it had to do with development timing.

:ultsimon: (13 Remixes) - Once again I have no complaints here. Every track is a hit, and some like Divine Bloodlines and Bloody Tears are some of the best in the entire soundtrack. The selection is diverse, pulling from every corner of the series, even the arcade games. You can tell the composers really did want to represent this series well, as it shows through the quality of the Castlevania songs. Whatever songs needed to be updated for newer soundfonts were remixes paying reverence to the originals and the newer songs that were fantastic on their own were directly ported. Great stuff all around.

Other Series - I was happy with the selection from miscellaneous Nintendo series, though I can't help but notice the overlap with Wii U and 3DS tracks, such as with the Afternoon on the Island, Bathtime Theme, and Light Plane remixes. Still, I can't deny how good those are, including newer songs like the battle theme from Codename Steam. There are also some fantastic ported songs, such as that vocal track from Style Savvy.

Conclusion - While there's no denying how fantastic this OST is, like many people, I did notice that there was some large disparities in how certain series were represented. Mega Man, Castlevania, and Fire Emblem got tons of love, whereas series like Xenoblade, Star Fox, and Wario were ignored for the most part. I really am hoping that some of these lesser-represented series get more tracks via DLC, but shouldn't take away from how satisfied I was with this soundtrack in general.

My Top 3 Favorite Tracks:
1) Zinnia's Theme
2) Big Blue
3) Divine Bloodlines

Last edited:

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
melee music is in its own section unique from the brawl-onward remixes, presumably as a holdover from brawl's sound test

the official remix names and list of composers just got datamined, here's a spreadsheet

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
melee music is in its own section unique from the brawl-onward remixes, presumably as a holdover from brawl's sound test

the official remix names and list of composers just got datamined, here's a spreadsheet
Oh sweet. I've been wondering who composed each remix.

Looks like the new guy Soshi Abe remixed the Crocodile Cacophony theme. He worked on the music for the BOTW DLC pack, and also did the Battle! Steven remix for :ultpikachu:. I'm looking forward to more music from this guy. His music so far is great.

And a Final Fantasy composer did the remix for Snakey Chantey.

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
No wonder the Donkey Kong/Donkey Kong Jr Medley and Battle Elite Four/Solgaleo & Lunala remixes were tight!

They were done by Yusuke Takahama and Akihiro Honda respectively!

Never would've guessed ACE to be the one's behind the Lament of Innocence arrangement!

Looks as if that Takeshi Kuramochi fella was the one they were referring to as the individual whom worked strangely hard on FE.

Also seems as if Nobuko Toda reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaally wanted to take a crack at classic MM tunes.

On a final note, should've realized BOTH Mother songs were done by Mr Sakuraba since they easily capture his flair to a T.

vini64

Smash Cadet

Nice to know the arrangers! Noriyuki Iwadare is my MVP, most of my favorite new remixes were arranged by him. Shame that there's no new Koji Hayama remix, I love his arrangements.

Was Magicant made by the Mario Tennis guy?

If not, I'll be shocked.
Yup, Motoi Sakuraba. Fourside as well.

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
Yup, Motoi Sakuraba. Fourside as well.
Sakuraba hasn't been featured in one of the music blog posts yet either, which makes it even dumber than a Mother sample never got posted before they started doing repeats.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Is there a place to download all the new remixes?
I got the new remixes here. It hasn't got all the remixes yet. It's missing a few like Snake Man, Hard Man and some of the Castlevania remixes. I'm sure it'll get updated soon.

Just be careful to avoid clicking ads when you're being redirected to the download link. You have to keep Adblock off if you want to access the download.

Last edited:

segillav

Smash Apprentice
Half of the Fire Emblem remixes were done by the same guy! (Takeshi Kuramochi) He also did the Big Blue remix. We also finally know who the vocalist of Lifelight is.

vini64

Smash Cadet
I got the new remixes here. It hasn't got all the remixes yet. It's missing a few like Snake Man, Hard Man and some of the Castlevania remixes. I'm sure it'll get updated soon.

Just be careful to avoid clicking ads when you're being redirected to the download link. You have to keep Adblock off if you want to access the download.
Thanks!

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Half of the Fire Emblem remixes were done by the same guy! (Takeshi Kuramochi) He also did the Big Blue remix. We also finally know who the vocalist of Lifelight is.
The English vocalist? Who is that, I'm kinda afraid to look at the doc becaue of potential title spoilers for world of light.

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
The English vocalist? Who is that, I'm kinda afraid to look at the doc becaue of potential title spoilers for world of light.
It's Abby Trott whom was the voice of POD 153 from Neir Automata.

It also makes complete and total sense that Yasushi Asada did Out of Time and Divine Bloodlines, since they're styles heavily evoke that of how he did Brinstar Depths!

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
For any Phoenix Wright fans, Abby Trott was also the voice of Maya Fey in Spirit of Justice.

ned_ballad

Smash Apprentice
Yoshi's Island Melee is stuck with Yoshi Music, other than its original Melee theme

How terrible. It doesn't even get the SMB3 medley it's always had

Last edited:

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
Yoshi's Island Melee is stuck with Yoshi Music, other than its original Melee theme

How terrible. It doesn't even get the SMB3 medley it's always had
I saw that. Really sucks. Yoshi and Mother have 4 stages each and barely any music. Still haven't been able to get an answer from anyone on any other aspects of how My Music works and it's driving me crazy. :/

Last edited:
Top Bottom