• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of New Remixes

segillav

Smash Apprentice
(also, somewhat unrelated and I don't mean to add on even more negativity, but anyone else not a huge fan of most of the newly changed victory themes? A lot of the old ones feel lazily cropped or sped up in a way that kind of ruins the original reference and makes them sound worse for no apparent reason I can think of, in my opinion... the Ice Climbers one in particular got super butchered!)
For whatever reason they made an effort to make most of the victory themes no longer than 5 seconds.

fersmashing

Smash Cadet
For whatever reason they made an effort to make most of the victory themes no longer than 5 seconds.
Maybe they didn't want to make the victory theme too long that it keeps been heard when you close the results screen. But yes, it can be a little annoying

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Well guys, it was a blast. I only came back to Smashboards 'cos I wanted to join in on the fun with dicussing new songs for Smash that slowly trickled in. I didn't contribute much, but I had fun. Good job to everyone who helped compile the entire list after last night's mayhem. I wasn't expecting us to get the entire soundtrack this soon.

I may or may not come back, but I hope you all enjoy Smash Ultimate when it comes out. :)

Last edited:

fersmashing

Smash Cadet
Well guys, it was a blast. I only came back to Smashboards 'cos I wanted to join in on the fun with dicussing new songs for Smash that slowly trickled in. I didn't contribute much, but I had fun. Good job to everyone who helped compile the entire list after last night's mayhem. I wasn't expecting us to get the entire soundtrack this soon.

I may or may not come back, but I hope you all enjoy Smash Ultimate when it comes out. :)
Thanks! You too :D

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Does anyone know if Vast Poni Canyon from Sun and Moon is in as a port? It was the best track from that game so it’s be a shame if it wasn’t there.

Also I might post a really in-depth review of the soundtrack in this thread later on so look forward to that.

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Main Menu - Wii Fit seems to be the only new remix that's not online yet.
I was literally just about to post this, I though I was going crazy! Wonder why nobody's uploaded it yet?

I also can't seem to find the Stalker / Wicked Child arrangement

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Superyoshiom Superyoshiom . Ooo, good idea. I guess I'll share my thoughts on the soundtrack before I forget.

I have to say, regarding the new remixes (ignoring the original new songs for Adventure Mode 'cos I don't want to spoil myself on that.), these majority we got are WAY better than Smash 4's remixes. Even though I was hyped for Smash 4, after sometime we got the game, I thought the soundtrack was pretty underwhelming. It had some good remixes (e.g. SMW's Fortress Boss, Full Steam Ahead, Champion Cynthia), but I thought a lot of the remix choices were underwhelming or just plain odd. It didn't live up to the spectacular Brawl soundtrack. I didn't even like Smash 4's Main Theme, which Ultimate's Theme has easily trumped.

• Mission Mode (Pikmin 3) (Why was this chosen...)
  • Saria's Song/Mid Boss Battle
  • Flower Garden / Story Box Music
  • Rosalina in the Observatory
  • Cloudtop Cruise
  • DKCR (Vocals)
  • Yoshi's Wooly World
  • Battle (Team Flare)
  • Etc.

People say some of these series in Ultimate have been snubbed out of new songs (:ultwario: and :ultbayonetta: literally have 0 new ones. Not even ports.) Which is unfortunate. But this same problem happened in Smash 4.
:ultsamus: only got 2 remixes of Metroid (NES), and 3 ports from a controversial game. :ultdk:lacked variety in its new songs, getting only variations of Jungle Hijinx, Gear Getaway and the DKC Theme. :ultfalcon: only got 1 remix of Mute City. :ultolimar: only focused on Pikmin's relaxing music and not its dramatic music. Etc.
We just went through another cycle. As large as this soundtrack, Sakurai simply can't please everyone. He has so much development work on his plate that he can't focus a lot of attention to fan's requested music. He's done the best he can. Sure, I wished for more Wario Land songs and Pikmin battle themes, but all I can do is go back to the original OSTs and enjoy them there.

I'm glad that this time, smaller series like :ultsamus:, :ultdk: and even :ultfalcon: got more soundtrack love in Ultimate. Bigger series like :ultpikachu: and :ultzelda: continue to get more love with amazing remixes and ports. The best part will be playing to over 800 songs in only one game, and it will feel glorious fighting.

Last edited:

AIM0001

Smash Lord
So has the whole soundtrack by Crunchii and Dystifzer on youtube been revealed or are there still things were waiting on?

Even if this is everything new in the game. I’m so impressed with how many great Mega Man and Donkey Kong Country remixes there are. Yesterday was really chill and all I did was listen to these new tracks throughout the day and I just kept getting surprised by each upload how amazing of a job these composers did this time around. They really out did themselves.

fersmashing

Smash Cadet
Superyoshiom Superyoshiom . Ooo, good idea. I guess I'll share my thoughts on the soundtrack before I forget.

I have to say, regarding the new remixes (ignoring the original new songs for Adventure Mode 'cos I don't want to spoil myself on that.), these majority we got are WAY better than Smash 4's remixes. Even though I was hyped for Smash 4, after sometime we got the game, I thought the soundtrack was pretty underwhelming. It had some good remixes (e.g. SMW's Fortress Boss, Full Steam Ahead, Champion Cynthia), but I thought a lot of the remix choices were underwhelming or just plain odd. It didn't live up to the spectacular Brawl soundtrack. I didn't even like Smash 4's Main Theme, which Ultimate's Theme has easily trumped.

• Cloudtop Cruise
  • DKCR (Vocals)
  • Yoshi's Wooly World
  • Battle (Team Flare)
  • Etc.

People say some of these series in Ultimate have been snubbed out of new songs (:ultwario: and :ultbayonetta: literally have 0 new ones. Not even ports.) Which is unfortunate. But this same problem happened in Smash 4.

We just went through another cycle. As large as this soundtrack, Sakurai simply can't please everyone. He has so much development work on his plate that he can't focus a lot of attention to fan's requested music. He's done the best he can. Sure, I wished for more Wario Land songs and Pikmin battle themes, but all I can do is go back to the original OSTs and enjoy them there.

I'm glad that this time, smaller series like :ultsamus:, :ultdk: and even :ultfalcon: got more soundtrack love in Ultimate. Bigger series like :ultpikachu: and :ultzelda: continue to get more love with amazing remixes and ports. The best part will be playing to over 800 songs in only one game, and it will feel glorious fighting.
Man, if this was posted on Twitter, I would retweet you

s07195

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 4502 0980 9128

• Cloudtop Cruise
  • DKCR (Vocals)
  • Yoshi's Wooly World
  • Battle (Team Flare)
  • Etc.
Huh, some of these are part of my favorites from Smash 4. Such as Rosalina in the Observatory (amazing playful arrangement that adds in Rosalina's storybook), Yoshi's Wooly World (it trumps the original in my book), and Team Flare theme (Sakuraba is the perfect fit for the techno vibe in XY's themes, especially Team Flare)

Last edited:

vini64

Smash Cadet
I'm sad SSB4's DP Wild Pokémon song was cut because I love all Koji Hayama's arrangements. I hope at least one of the new remixes is arranged by him. Btw, Crunchii and Dystifizer haven't uploaded all Castlevania remixes yet, notably Lament of Innocence which is one of the best.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Huh, some of these are part of my favorites from Smash 4. Such as Rosalina in the Observatory (amazing playful arrangement that adds in Rosalina's storybook), Yoshi's Wooly World (it trumps the original in my book), and Team Flare theme (Sakuraba is the perfect fit for the techno vibe in XY's themes, especially Team Flare)
Ehhh, I don't agree. I think Team Flare's theme is too similar to the original, which makes me question why bother remixing it at all. They could've just ported it. Rosalina's Theme feels more like a waltz, and I enjoy the original's relaxing vibe too much to be able to enjoy this one. And Wooly World's theme just wasn't good enough to warrant a remix. (I'll admit the new remix makes it more tolerable, but still not that good. It's the whistling, wind recorder and child-like instruments that irk me.)

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Regarding cut music, I noticed that a few Subspace Emissary tracks are missing:
Step: The Cave
Step: Subspace Ver. 2
Save Point

Kinda strange considering almost everything from previous Smash games comes back, even Brawl's Homerun Contest, or simply Subspace Emissary's Map theme.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
ANNOUNCEMENT

The new poll is ready to go! This one has every new remix, and you can choose up to 10 of your favourites! I look forward to seeing the results!

I've also started revamping the original post. Its super messy at the moment so please bear with me! My end goal is to have a link to every new remix, as well as an extended version for each, and the source / song of origin. One thing I might need help with is identifying specific components of medleys - a lot of songs are actually medleys even if the title doesn't say it is, so I might miss some of those at first, especially for franchises I'm less familiar with.

I also wanted to apologize about the whole "Battle Map 5" thing. I slipped up and added something to the list that I really didn't have enough evidence for. For this thread I tried really hard to ensure that I only added a song to the list if I could prove it with my own ears/eyes, but in this instance, I made a mistake.
I know its not entirely my fault - and might not seem like a big deal to some - but I feel bad because I contributed to the spread of misinformation. It was listed here for weeks - lots of people regularly view this thread and saw that misleading information, and likely continued to unknowingly spread it elsewhere. I know some people were looking forward to that song and are disappointed that it turned out to be nothing, so, I'm sorry that I misled you and got your hopes up.

Last edited:

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
Apparently there's a new arrangement of the title them from Wii Music even if it hasn't been uploaded yet!

This brings the total amount of new arrangements for the base game to be 110!

Last edited:

ThatNintendoGuy

Smash Rookie
Fair warning: World of Light cutscenes are leaking on YouTube. I know it's not music released just warning everyone to be careful.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Fair warning: World of Light cutscenes are leaking on YouTube. I know it's not music released just warning everyone to be careful.
Oh geez. Lord knows it'll turn up in my Youtube recommendations at some point. Thanks for the heads up.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Yeah I think I’m gonna avoid YouTube for a few days, maybe avoid the Smash subreddit as well.

(Also avoiding any multiplayer based game, as people can post spoilers there somehow(such as through the Miiverse stage in Wii U))

vini64

Smash Cadet
Oh crap, these remaining 12 days will be rough, trying to avoid spoilers. The only info I'd like to know is if there are a considerable amount of cutscenes...

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Not sure if you've been told already, and sorry to be a lil inconvenient, you seem real busy, but the Style Savy Ring Dong Dang remix seems to be missing from the poll!
Hold up, its a remix? I though it was a port.

Also, can anyone confirm whether the Wii Music remix is real or not? This thread is the first time I've heard of it

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Hold up, its a remix? I though it was a port.

Also, can anyone confirm whether the Wii Music remix is real or not? This thread is the first time I've heard of it
Oh! Sorry, I heard what I thought was the original, and it was, but yeah nah, the smash version is also an original! Sorry for worrying you through these busy times haha
And also that Battle Map 5 stuff is fine, don't worry, everyone really appreciates you and all! Hope finals go well and all, I'm also juggling those haha

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Yeah don't worry about Battle Map 5, I mean... One mistake over a thousand tracks? That's definitely a good ratio if you ask me!

And I don't recall a Wii Music track in the "other" songs.

Also, Ring Dong Dang from Style Savvy is indeed a port, and not a remix.

Dhragen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dhragen
So, Dwelling of Doom is not the original, but a Remix? it sounds similar to the original, but it sound slightly different when compared

fersmashing

Smash Cadet
So, Dwelling of Doom is not the original, but a Remix? it sounds similar to the original, but it sound slightly different when compared

Not a remix. It's the original version, but with the Famicom soundfont, not the NES soundfont

Last edited:

SmashBasher123

Smash Cadet
I think the main thing I'm still curious about musicwise is whether they 'fixed' the shortened versions of cut down tracks like the DK Rap since the E3 demo, since we know most of the new remixes go over 2 minutes and at least one goes over 3. Would be a shame if they were still using the cut down 2 minute versions instead of the full songs at this point.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I think the main thing I'm still curious about musicwise is whether they 'fixed' the shortened versions of cut down tracks like the DK Rap since the E3 demo, since we know most of the new remixes go over 2 minutes and at least one goes over 3. Would be a shame if they were still using the cut down 2 minute versions instead of the full songs at this point.
I believe that the DK Rap is still the lame 2 minutes version...

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Big long post incoming. I just want to give my thoughts on the soundtrack and generally gush about these new remixes!

I agree that the balance of remixes is very strange, I'm not sure how I feel about it. Mario only having six songs just feels wrong. Never thought I'd be saying it, but I could go for a few more Mario songs! Its crazy how much Mega Man and Castlevania we got in contrast to actual first party Nintendo franchises.
Its really quite a shame that so many franchises were overlooked. That's probably my biggest gripe with the soundtrack. Wario, Xenoblade, Kid Icarus, Star Fox, Punch-Out all could have used at least one new remix. Also, some franchises - such as Kirby, Mother, and Yoshi - have a rather lacklustre/overly limited song selection IMO. Mother only getting two remixes of songs we've already had before is really disappointing, especially when you look back at how much Mother content we got in Brawl. And only two Kirby songs is quite shocking to me.
I also feel like some songs should have been remixed that weren't. You know, "big" songs from games that came out between Smash 4's release and now. Super Bell Hill or World Bowser from SM3DW, something from Link Between Worlds, MK8 Circuit Theme, New Leaf Main Theme, Gloomy Manor from LM Dark Moon, Treasure Tracker Theme, Calamari Inkantation, anything from Tropical Freeze. But I guess if none of the composers wanted to remix these songs, that can't be helped.
Some of the ports are strange as well. We got two Donkey Kong Country SNES ports, but nothing new from Tropical Freeze? That is absolutely baffling to me. Is there some kind of rights issue because TF's soundtrack was made by David Wise at Retro Studios rather than by a Nintendo composer in-house? I can't think of a good explanation for it.
A more personal gripe is the lack of Paper Mario music. Its extremely frustrating that this series is so overlooked. We got so many Mario & Luigi ports, but Paper Mario is only represented by a somewhat lame medley and a Color Splash port? We have a Paper Mario stage for crying out loud! I can't think of a possible explanation as to why they couldn't even just throw in a few TTYD ports.

Anyway, those are just nitpicks and minor gripes. Maybe DLC music will mend some of these ommisions. But enough of the negativity from me, now time to sing the soundtrack's praises. Lets talk about the arrangements we did get!

These new arrangements are top notch: they are a perfect balance between the epic scale of Brawl's songs and the stylistic variety of Smash 4's. Medleys also seem to be much better flowing compared to some of Smash 4's, more comparable to some of Melee's classic remixes. I also appreciate the variety in the song choices, especially for a series like Donkey Kong, which is no longer confined to the same song over and over! I think that Donkey Kong, Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon, F-ZERO, and Mega Man were dealt very good hands this time, musically speaking.
Its clear that each and every remix was chosen because the composer wanted to arrange that song - you can tell how much passion went into these arrangements, its really quite amazing. I love how each composer was clearly given free reign to infuse each song with their own style, its super apparent with a lot of these songs such as Ohtani's Bomb Rush Blush and Mitsuyoshi's F-ZERO Medley. I also like that a lot of the songs took the Mario Kart 8 route and add some solo/improv sections: Delfino Plaza, Gang-Plank Galleon, Light Plane, and We're Robots have some spectacular solos. Really adds a freshness and excitement to these familiar songs!
I also noticed that a lot of the songs have key changes, probably just a coincidence but I'm not complaining, I'm a sucker for that kind of thing.

Now to list a bunch of new remixes I really like, with some reasons why:
  • SMB2 Ground Theme
    • I've wanted this one to be remixed since Melee, so its great to finally hear it. I love the jazzy, big band sound, and especially the flute parts!
  • SMB3 Ground Theme
    • This one is absolutely charming. I like the blend of chiptune and reggae! Using the "level clear" jingle to transition to the Grass Land theme was great. Speaking of, the Grass Land section is so catchy, I love the electric guitar just jamming out. And that one sample of the overworld sound effect put a big smile on my face.
  • Luigi's Mansion Medley
    • This was everything I wanted and more. By far the best rendition of these theme in Smash, IMO. Its so Danny Elfman sounding, I love the dramatic intro, and oh man that waltz segment! Incorporating E. Gadd's Lab was so unexpected and amazing.
  • Isle Delfino
    • Another one I've been wanting to hear remixed for a while. Sounds great, I especially love the improv on the madolin and accordion at the end!
  • Map Page / Bonus Room
    • Might be my favourite remix in the whole game. I absolutely love this medley for some reason. It has a sort of fun and relaxed feel, but its still upbeat enough for a fight!
  • Snakey Chantey
    • This one is amazing too. Somehow its orchestral and jazzy at the same time, and I actually really love that its a medley with Gang-Plank Galleon!
  • Crocodile Cacophany
    • So glad this turned out to be a remix. Its truly an epic rendition, and they even incorporated "K. Rool Returns"! Its a great time to be a DKC fan.
  • Death Mountain
    • Such an unexpected song choice, but it works so well! I love the incorporation of bits and pieces of other classic Zelda songs, including the Ending Theme!
  • Termina Field
    • This is quite the arrangement. The intro took my breath away; just beautiful.
  • Molgera Battle
    • A solid orchestral take on this classic theme. Will be great to fight to on Pirate Ship or Spirit Train.
  • Kass Theme
    • So glad they remixed this one. I like how they slowed down the melody, but added so many more layers of instrumentation to make it sound fit for battle!
  • BOTW Story Trailer
    • This one is great, very epic and cinematic. This part is fantastic.
  • Brinstar Depths
    • Absolutely chilling. The grimy electric guitar and haunting strings is perfect for the atmosphere of Metroid.
  • Vs. Ridley
    • Better than Brawl's version IMO. Its so epic, intimidating, scary. When the Super Metroid opening riff kicked in, I got chills...
  • City Trial
    • A solid take on a song I've been wanting in Smash for a long time. I like that its a bit slowed down, but its more driven, and I like the minor instrumentation changes here and there.
  • KDL Staff Roll
    • Such a beautiful take, was smiling the whole way through! The little quotations of the 1-up jingle and the warp star sound effect were so charming.
  • Battle! Island Kahuna
    • Just a really feel-good arrangement of a feel-good song. Very dynamic, and the electric guitar works great.
  • Battle! Zinnia
    • An already astounding song elevated to new levels. They could have just ported it, but I'm glad it got a remix!
  • Garden of Hope
    • I really love what they did with this one. Sounds better orchestrated than I ever would have expected it to.
  • Splattack!
    • Didn't care for it first, but its totally grown on me. I dig the ska feel, and I like the integration of "Now or Never"
  • Wrecking Crew Medley
    • Love the jazziness. I love how goes back and forth between a light smooth jazz and a high-octane bebop!
  • Light Plane
    • I didn't think I wanted another remix of this, but I'm so glad we got one. I love the disco/funk feel, and it has some killer solos.
  • Electroplankton
    • This one is weird, but addictive. Already been getting it stuck in my head!
  • Both Namco medleys are really fun! Mappy was a nice surprise!
  • There's many great Mega Man arrangements (Wood Man, Crash Man, Metal Man, Snake Man) but I want to focus on We're the Robots...
    • I love the mix of electric guitar shredding and jazzy brass. The flute is amazing, and that saxophone solo? Literally made my jaw drop.
  • Vampire Killer
    • One of the best takes of this song, which already has so many good versions. Makes me so happy Simon is in!
  • Stalker / Wicked Child
    • My favourite Castlevania song, Wicked Child, is interpreted so well here. I'm also really happy that this one is purely orchestral.

Its probably too early to say, but my current favourites are The Map Page / Bonus Room, Luigi's Mansion Medley, We're Robots, Dreamland Staff Roll, Snakey Chantey, Garden of Hope, Wicked Child, and Crocodile Cacophany.

Just want to plug a few things here... I've got a Twitter account where I'll probably be posting more about the soundtrack in the near future, feel free to follow me if you want to chat about Ultimate, and games and music in general! Also go ahead and share your own social media accounts so we can follow one another and continue to hang out and discuss Smash! I also have a YouTube channel where I upload my own covers of video game music, the reason I bring it up (besides shameless self promotion haha) is because I plan on making a video review of Ultimate's OST, so stay tuned for that if you're interested!

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
I picked my 10 favourites in PixelPasta's Poll (no certain order):

• How to Play - Super Smash Bros. Melee --> I hope you can use this as the menu theme, it sounds glorious!!
  • Ground Theme - Super Mario Bros 3 --> A fantastic remix, especially those transitions and piano improvisations!
  • Crocodile Cacophany - Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest --> I had a hard time choosing between all those awesome DKC-remixes, however for me this one takes the cake. Fighting with this dope music will be so epic.
  • Midna's Lament - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess --> I would have never expected such a completely outstanding remix from a calm track like his. Had difficulties in choosing between this one and Death Mountain, both are so great remixes.
  • Kass Theme - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild --> This is a no-brainer for me. One of my favourite remixes in this game, bar none!
  • Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017 Trailer BGM (Breath of the Wild) -->They made the original trailer theme even more epic, so happy with this choice! This song will always hold a special place in my heart, so many emotions.
  • Big Blue - F-ZERO --> This is simply the best remix of any F-Zero track I've ever heard in my life. Beautiful!!
  • We're Robots (Dr. Wily Stage 2) - Mega Man 9 --> I am overwhelmed with all thos new Mega Man remixes. Almost all of them are fantastic, but this one imo stood out, the longer the song gets, the more you appreciate it's utter awesomeness (just listen at this saxophone-solo)!
  • Vega Stage - Street Fighter II --> I've voted for this in the old poll and I'm voting for it in the new poll as well. One of the most beautiful arrangements in the whole game.
  • Lament of Innocence - Castlevania: Lament of Innocence --> Boy, I wish I could vote for more than 10 songs. I absolutely adore the Castlevania-soundtrack and those Castlevania remixes alone are probably worth the whole 60 bucks. Since I have to choose, I went for Lament of Innocence: The original track was already outstanding and remixing this song was an ambitious & fantastic choice. Those vocal parts are simply amazing <3

Last edited:

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
Is there no word yet from the leaks on how My Music functions? I really want to know about whether or not "Other" songs can be put on non-"other" stages. Or whether Mario Kart songs can be put on main series Mario stages and vice versa.

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
Hoping on this bandwagon!

Gonna list five of my faves so far not on anyone else's personal listing all from different series and not previewed on the official site.

Donkey Kong/Donkey Kong Jr Medley:
This one immediately caught my eye when it was listed but never in a million years would I have predicted it would be an utter jam! The section at the beginning and most of the dk jr stuff were true highlights in pure slap-page!

Battle! (Elite Four)/(Solgaleo&Lunala):
I oh so desperatedly wanted to hear what this sounded like when it shown via demo footage and dear lord it DID NOT dissapoint whatsoever! This to me is the true definition of blood pumping immensely helped by the backing combo of drums and violin!

Yuyuki Medley:
I always admire it when someone from the sound team goes for an unexpected and obscure pick, where this one is based on a followup to Shin Onigashima! Japanese instrumentation is my bread and butter but here it smoothly complimented by modern nuances!

Theme of Solid Snake:
I instantly fell in love with this motif from Brawl and my prayers were answered when I predicted it was gonna get a new arrangement here! While I do prefer the original, the utter intensity throughout this one solidifies how much his comeback meant from this franchise!

Crucifix Held Close:
Immediately checked the source for this one after seeing it on the massive listing from this series and it caught my ears the minute that intro kicked in! The added epic choir that lingers here truly gives it a ton of extra weight and it's just nice that they picked from such a hidden arcade gem!

Wanted to mention that I really dig the new takes of Magicant and Fourside despite them being remixed before.

They are probably the most intense sounding the Mother games have gotten in Smash!

Top Bottom