• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of New Remixes

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
I admit, i'm throwing in the earthbound towel now, at least for the website songs.

In fact, I'm throwing it in for a few: the only ones I feel super safe for are star fox and kid icarus. maybe xenoblade and wii fi and, if it finally got a new song in the game, sonic/

Last edited:

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
I wonder if this means they'll start uploading overview video music to the site now. Mega Man's still hasn't shown up, for example.

Last edited:

bentendo222

Smash Apprentice
Well, this is our 2nd Fire Emblem song, which means that the whole 1 song per franchise pattern has officially been broken.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Well that was completely unexpected. It totally seemed like there was a pattern going.

It just had to be Fire Emblem again, didn't it? And a song we've already heard multiple times... and it doesn't sound that different from the original...

Not the most exciting week. Oh well

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Well that was completely unexpected. It totally seemed like there was a pattern going.

It just had to be Fire Emblem again, didn't it? And a song we've already heard multiple times...

Not the most exciting week. Oh well
Are you freaking kidding me? This right here is why I’m so sick of freaking Fire Emblem. It is so overblown in this game series. And then it’s all from basically the same game? Give me a break. I’m so sick of it being pushed in my face when there’s so many other games more deserving of the spotlight.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Well, I've updated the poll!

The good news is we've just hit 20 remixes on the website! How would you all feel if I upped the number of choices on the poll to 5? As the number of known songs increases, a top three will be increasingly hard to choose...

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
(Apologises for this rant, it just this really annoys me)

Why on earth did they broke a fair system just so we could hear more of a FE arrangment we already knew about?!?!? All samples we had so far were of new arrangements that either -

A) We haven't heard before.
or/&
B) Correspond with a newly revealed unique newcomer.

This sample of the 'new' Id Purpose Arrangement doesn't relate to either point, & just completely ruins the fair system we had in place. This means this opens the possibilities of not even getting a sample from any other franchises with (a) playable rep(s) that haven't gotten one yet just because...I presume someone at Intelligent Systems really wanted folks to hear more of this 'new' arrangement. Like, what is even remotely different about this 'new' arrangement for Id Purpose to justfile taking a up a sample on the Website. If it had to be FE, it should of been from a older game instead.

(Rant over)

At the very least, this could just of been a track chosen to take up a remaining slot after doing the maths on what slots were lefted after all of the franchises with playable characters (& had (a) new arrangement(s)) were taking into account. Atleast I hope that is the case :lol:!

Are you freaking kidding me? This right here is why I’m so sick of freaking Fire Emblem. It is so overblown in this game series. And then it’s all from basically the same game? Give me a break. I’m so sick of it being pushed in my face when there’s so many other games more deserving of the spotlight.
Me too buddy, me too :c.
*Edit* Heh, I say ^this^ despite being a FE fan. I'm moreso sick of the amount of Modern FE stuff however.

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
It is kind of strange just how much Awakening content is in Smash. Almost half of the playable Fire Emblem characters are from just one single game in the series! I don't think any other franchise is that disproportionately skewed to one if its games in particular. The only thing that comes close is maybe the Kirby franchise's bias towards Dreamland/Adventure/Superstar.

I'm still holding out hope for an EarthBound song!
One upside to the trend being broken is that we could possibly see a Mario RPG song on the website, that would be nice! (Battle theme from the original Paper Mario or TTYD please!)

Last edited:

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
I'm still holding out hope for an EarthBound song!
One upside to the trend being broken is that we could possibly see a Mario RPG song on the website, that would be nice.
That's atleast is a positive that came out of this. Now that we know that franchises with playable characters aren't just limited to one track (please be the case of overfill), it fully debunk what was lefted of the 'Music Samples = Remaining Non-Revealed Unique Newcomers' Theory.

Hoping if Geno happens, we get a SMRPG Sample!

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well i felt that was a bit rubbish

whelp back to hoping for the tri force heroes remix or that splattack remix

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
One interesting thing about this game's soundtrack is that they seem to be re-remixing certain themes - but not the ones they always do like the SMB Ground Theme, Jungle Level, Green Greens, Mute City, et cetera. For example, there are new remixes of the Luigi's Mansion Theme, Brinstar Depths, Gangplank Galleon, Wild World Main Theme, the Tomodachi Life Theme, Vs. Ridley, a new Duck Hunt Medley, and a new Wrecking Crew Medley, all of which have been remixed in previous games.

I thought this would be interesting to discuss. How do you feel about this? Are there are any other songs you'd like to be re-remixed, maybe if you didn't like how it was remixed the first time?

Personally I find some to be a bit redundant (Tomodachi Life, Wild World Theme) while others I really like the new version (Brinstar Depths, Gangplank Galleon).
Usually I prefer entirely new songs to be remixed, but I'd be interested in hearing fresh new takes on these songs:
  • Underwater Theme (Super Mario Bros.): Brawl's remix isn't bad, but I'd like a remix that goes all out on an orchestral waltz. The bluegrass section is funny, but its just not the Underwater theme to me.
  • Castle Theme (Super Mario World): Much like the SMB3 Fortress Boss theme, I think this one could do with a standalone remix.
  • Ending (Super Mario World): Same as above. A full, jazzy version of this song would be great.
  • Slider (Super Mario 64): I like Melee's version a lot, but I'd be interested in hearing a more modern take on this one, maybe changing the genre a little.
  • Fever (Dr. Mario) - Same as above. I like Melee's soundtrack a lot, but some of the songs feel a bit... dated? in comparison to Brawl, 4, and Ultimate's remixes.
  • Mario Circuit (Super Mario Kart): Brawl's remix didn't really capture the right "feel" for me personally. I'd love to hear a more Latin Jazz-influenced rendition.
  • Rogueport (Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door): What we got sounds amazing, but because it was shoehorned into a medley, most of the original song was cut! I'd love to hear a new version of Rogueport as a standalone track.
  • Obstacle Course (Yoshi's Island): Kind of a similar situation to Mario Circuit for me. I see what they were going for, but the Yoshi's Island Athletic Theme will always be JAZZ in my heart. A New Orleans-style Dixieland tune would be fantastic!
  • Tal Tal Heights (Link's Awakening): I'd like to hear a new version that isn't a mashup with the Overworld theme. Maybe something a bit more orchestral than Brawl's.
  • Gourmet Race (Kirby Super Star): I like all of the versions that have been in Smash so far, but none feel like a "true" adaptation of the original. Its a great song so I'd definitely welcome a new version.
  • Pollyanna (MOTHER): Melee's is great, I'd love to see what they'd do with it now. Maybe they'd even include the lyrics?
  • Fourside (EarthBound): Now that the stage is back, I'd like to hear a newer take on this song. Melee's doesn't really do it for me.

Last edited:

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
Yoshi's Story Level 1: Kinda obvious source. This is one that hasn't been touched in a while, I feel like Melee's is almost too "vaction-y" 64's is still kinda old.

Big Blue: (F-Zero): Something about Melee's version bothers me, not sure what; just feel like it could use another go. I think the instrumentation is what gets me. Decent chance this is in the medley.

Kinda late and I don't feel like going through brawl and 4 right now, but, here's two from melee and 64: I think i don't have many because a lot of these are so ingrained to me as "righ"

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
that is a tough one pixel, theres a couple tune in their original form i would mind hearing remixes for but sure about one that already have remixes

i suppose a new version gourmet race would be good, and maybe a new version of the ice climber theme you can really go wrong with another version of try try again

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
One interesting thing about this game's soundtrack is that they seem to be re-remixing certain themes - but not the ones they always do like the SMB Ground Theme, Jungle Level, Green Greens, Mute City, et cetera. For example, there are new remixes of the Luigi's Mansion Theme, Brinstar Depths, Gangplank Galleon, Wild World Main Theme, the Tomodachi Life Theme, Vs. Ridley, a new Duck Hunt Medley, and a new Wrecking Crew Medley, all of which have been remixed in previous games.

I thought this would be interesting to discuss. How do you feel about this? Are there are any other songs you'd like to be re-remixed, maybe if you didn't like how it was remixed the first time?

Personally I find some to be a bit redundant (Tomodachi Life, Wild World Theme) while others I really like the new version (Brinstar Depths, Gangplank Galleon).
Usually I prefer entirely new songs to be remixed, but I'd be interested in hearing fresh new takes on these songs:
  • Underwater Theme (Super Mario Bros.): Brawl's remix isn't bad, but I'd like a remix that goes all out on an orchestral waltz. The bluegrass section is funny, but its just not the Underwater theme to me.
  • Castle Theme (Super Mario World): Much like the SMB3 Fortress Boss theme, I think this one could do with a standalone remix.
  • Ending (Super Mario World): Same as above. A full, jazzy version of this song would be great.
  • Slider (Super Mario 64): I like Melee's version a lot, but I'd be interested in hearing a more modern take on this one, maybe changing the genre a little.
  • Fever (Dr. Mario) - Same as above. I like Melee's soundtrack a lot, but some of the songs feel a bit... dated? in comparison to Brawl, 4, and Ultimate's remixes.
  • Mario Circuit (Super Mario Kart): Brawl's remix didn't really capture the right "feel" for me personally. I'd love to hear a more Latin Jazz-influenced rendition.
  • Rogueport (Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door): What we got sounds amazing, but because it was shoehorned into a medley, most of the original song was cut! I'd love to hear a new version of Rogueport as a standalone track.
  • Obstacle Course (Yoshi's Island): Kind of a similar situation to Mario Circuit for me. I see what they were going for, but the Yoshi's Island Athletic Theme will always be JAZZ in my heart. A New Orleans-style Dixieland tune would be fantastic!
  • Tal Tal Heights (Link's Awakening): I'd like to hear a new version that isn't a mashup with the Overworld theme. Maybe something a bit more orchestral than Brawl's.
  • Gourmet Race (Kirby Super Star): I like all of the versions that have been in Smash so far, but none feel like a "true" adaptation of the original. Its a great song so I'd definitely welcome a new version.
  • Pollyanna (MOTHER): Melee's is great, I'd love to see what they'd do with it now. Maybe they'd even include the lyrics?
  • Fourside (EarthBound): Now that the stage is back, I'd like to hear a newer take on this song. Melee's doesn't really do it for me.
Gotta disagree with you on Fourside, that remix was PERFECT imo. I got super excited when I saw that stage was coming back so I could fight to that music again. Also GIANT MONSTER BATTLE SPECIAL SMASH! RIDLEY! KING K. ROOL! BOWSER! DONKEY KONG! ALL GIANT!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

• Battle! (Vs Cynthia) (Pokemon Diamond/Pearl): I didn't think the Smash 4 rendition was bad, but I do kind of wish they went with a more traditional arrangement, and with the prelude theme playing first rather than being the climax after the main battle segment. Seems like a given after the Steven theme.
  • Luigi Raceway (Mario Kart 64): Bias for Mario Kart 8 version aside, I do feel there's a lot they could do with this one. I'd love if they incorporated the lap 3 speed up to give it that extra frenetic/race-y feel, the same way the Street Fighter remixes do.
  • Chill Ver. 3 (Dr. Mario): I love both versions of this theme, and still think it's a shame Doctor Mario still doesn't have a stage. Brawl's was rock, while 4's was a big more grandiose while still remaining true to the original. I think the next step would funnily enough, be a more Mario-y sounding version.
  • Big Blue (F-Zero): You could honestly put in Mario Kart 8's version and call it a day, but given how amazing and unexpected the F-Zero Medley was, I feel like this song could be done real justice if all different yet all equally amazing versions of Mute City are any indication.
  • Preparing to Advance (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones): More of my bias showing, but I honestly liked the original version better than the Brawl one, given the pacing. I think a version styled after the Meeting Theme series Medley would be equal parts amazing and necessary if we're getting more FE.
  • Mona's Pizza (WarioWare: Twisted!): This song getting cut after Brawl was a travesty, but then again so is Wario music in a nutshell when it comes to Smash (the Japanese Ashley remix in 4 being omitted internationally despite still being in the game's files makes me sad to this very day.)
  • Jogging Theme! (Punch-Out!!!): Realize there's not much to pull from for this series, but come on, give us the one in the Smash 4 trailer as a full version.
Would say a few more, but some fall to unfortunate circumstances (FF/G&W/Bayonetta being confirmed to have no new tracks, and some series only having a limited amount left to add/would rather newer songs introduced instead) or are original music that has yet to be remixed in Smash (Brinstar Overgrowth/Vegetation in the form of the Prime 2 remix, and Vs Molgera from Wind Waker being the first that come to mind)

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
Okay, got some more ones (and putting in the two I had before)
Airship (Super Mario Bros 3): This would be kinda low prioty, given we technically have both the main remix and the bit in the paper Mario Medley, but I feell like Brawl's is to metal-y. I would prefer more orchestral "bringer of war" quality a la galaxy, but at that point maybe it would be too close and just be redundant. Plus, two (unless they're one medley) SMB3 tracks are already confirmed.
Egg Planet (Super Mario Galaxy): While I do like the starman and underground bits in the wii U remix, the song really should get to stand on its own seperate from SMB1)
Obstacle Course: (Yoshi's Island): The same sort of reasons as Pixel gave.
Yoshi's Story Level 1: Reasons given from Before.
Ashley's Song: (WarioWare Twisted): Sort of a weird example of a request, but I almost hope that ver. 2 gets an English ver. solely because that would mean we get the song. Even if we just got the Japanese one only I really wouldn't care; It's more just a matter that I don't like how there's a region exclsuive song.
Norfair: (Metroid): I would perhaps like something closer to Zero Mission's more grand version. While I like the techno approach of brawl, I'm not sure it's really what fits Norfair as an area.
Smashing Song of Praise (mother 3): Well, not really the song itself exactly (notice how unfounded revenge is gone): I Actually want wasteful anthem more; while "Smashing Song" has "more" to it, I feel like wasteful anthem's lack of distracting side sounds is just generally better. That said, I feel like, if somehow there was a magic limit, I would not want a pick "wasted" on this instead of an actually new song.
Onett Theme: (Earthbound): Kinda similar to above song. I would love this dsconnected from Winters. Though, I guess the onett bit itself is good, so I'm not sure if I should pick it.
Big Blue (F-Zero): Reasons from before.
Meeting Theme: (Geneology/Tharcia 776, and Sacred Stones versions): There is the meeting theme medley, but personally, I almost wish the version from geneology got in (mor specifically because I like the version in Tharcia 776). Sacred stones' vesion is pretty sick too. That said, the meeting themes are pretty short so they probably can't get in as their own, and I do think their remixes in the medley are good.
Tetris Type A: Kinda obvious source. Something about the instrumentation of this song and how it seems to built slightly "spooky" for luigi's mansion always felt kind of odd. I guess I picture a more upbeat remix perhaps?
Battle Scene/Final Boss (Golden Sun the lost age): I admit I haven't played the original at all and I've listened to the source very little, so for all I know the remix is accurate, but I just never liked the style of this song.
Minor Circuit: (Punch Out): The wii U remix just uses a bit too much "electric" to me, something about it just doesn't quite feel okay to me i guess
Lastly, for Smash original songs,
Metal Battle 64: Cause seriously, this one is amazing
Fighting Polygon Team: Same as above
Master Core: For some reason, I would like to see what this song would be like if it was turned into a standard battle theme

(Also, if songs only with a direct port count, I would like SMB2 USA, Ricco harbor, battle for storm hill, Ruins from Wario Land: shake it, twilight princess hyrule field, hidden village, Dragon roost village, molgera battle, village of the blue maiden/kakariko village, checker knights, Frozen Hillside, Planet popstar 64, Metroid Prime 2 multiplayer/Green brinstar from super metroid, Champion Diantha, Space battleground, Dream Chaser, climb up and get the last chance, Shotgun Kiss, Conquest (ablaze), rockin' K.K., K.K. Condor, The actual version of Skyworld from kid Icarus (technically in the 8-bit medley), Kid Icarus Boss Fighy 1, some of the famicom medley songs in brawl that haven't had their games touched yet, golden forest 1080 snowboarding, mischeivous mole way, theme of solid snake, some of the stuff in the namco medlies to receive actual remixes, let the battles begin, RIders of Light, After Burner Climax Mix)

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Awesome ideas, everyone! Seeing some really interesting discussion here.

I definitely second Yoshi's Story and Big Blue from Melee. We've got a bunch of Mute City remixes already, I'm surprised Big Blue hasn't had any more love. Ice Climber could definitely do with another remix, in fact I'd say I'm strongly expecting one.

Thoughts on some other ideas posted:
Battle! (Vs Cynthia) (Pokemon Diamond/Pearl): I didn't think the Smash 4 rendition was bad, but I do kind of wish they went with a more traditional arrangement, and with the prelude theme playing first rather than being the climax after the main battle segment. Seems like a given after the Steven theme.
I liked the Smash 4 rendition too. I know a lot of people dislike it - I wasn't instantly in love with it but its really grown on me. Definitely wouldn't complain about a more traditional arrangement, and having it start out with the encounter theme on piano would sound amazing (sorta like the Vega Theme remix on the site).
Luigi Raceway (Mario Kart 64): Bias for Mario Kart 8 version aside, I do feel there's a lot they could do with this one. I'd love if they incorporated the lap 3 speed up to give it that extra frenetic/race-y feel, the same way the Street Fighter remixes do.
Interesting, while I'd rather see a new take on the original SNES Mario Circuit, I love this song so I wouldn't complain about a new version. Especially if it were some kind of funk or jazz version (I really love jazz, if you haven't realized!) The speed-up idea is fantastic, honestly I'm surprised that hasn't been done for a Mario Kart remix yet!
Chill Ver. 3 (Dr. Mario): I love both versions of this theme, and still think it's a shame Doctor Mario still doesn't have a stage. Brawl's was rock, while 4's was a big more grandiose while still remaining true to the original. I think the next step would funnily enough, be a more Mario-y sounding version.
While I think a second take on Fever should be a higher priority, Chill is my favourite song from Dr. Mario. I personally found the Brawl version really off-putting for some reason, but I love Tanaka's rendition in Smash 4. We totally need a Dr. Mario stage for sure.
Jogging Theme! (Punch-Out!!!): Realize there's not much to pull from for this series, but come on, give us the one in the Smash 4 trailer as a full version.
Ah, I remember the version that was in Mac's reveal trailer, surprised it wasn't actually a song in the final game. It had that super-80s, Rocky Balboa, Eye of the Tiger inspired sound that I think really suits the Punch-Out series.
Airship (Super Mario Bros 3): This would be kinda low prioty, given we technically have both the main remix and the bit in the paper Mario Medley, but I feell like Brawl's is to metal-y. I would prefer more orchestral "bringer of war" quality a la galaxy, but at that point maybe it would be too close and just be redundant. Plus, two (unless they're one medley) SMB3 tracks are already confirmed.
Now that you mention it, I'd love to hear a full-out John Williams Imperial March-inspired version of the Airship theme. Its always fun when the composers reference non-video game music, such as the new Snake Eater remix having the James Bond guitar, the previously mentioned Rocky homage for Punch-Out, Brawl's Mario Bros. remix straight up sampling Mozart...
Egg Planet (Super Mario Galaxy): While I do like the starman and underground bits in the wii U remix, the song really should get to stand on its own seperate from SMB1)
I thought a lot of the SMB parts were too intrusive. I liked the way they incorporated the motif from the Ground Theme, but the underground and starman parts were a bit much for me.
Only problem is, I don't know what they could do with another Egg Planet remix that is different from the original and the Smash 4 remix. If they do a new version without the SMB bits, it might just end up sounding super similar to the original. Maybe they could change the genre to rock/metal or something, but I don't know if that would sound too good.
Onett Theme: (Earthbound): Kinda similar to above song. I would love this dsconnected from Winters. Though, I guess the onett bit itself is good, so I'm not sure if I should pick it.
Totally agree with this one. The Onett part sounds great, but I just don't think it worked in a medley with Snowman. Also, can we get an actual remix of Winters White, not another version of Snowman?
Tetris Type A: Kinda obvious source. Something about the instrumentation of this song and how it seems to built slightly "spooky" for luigi's mansion always felt kind of odd. I guess I picture a more upbeat remix perhaps?
This is another good choice. Oddly enough I think some kind of Polka or Klezmer version could work, heck, they could just go all out and arrange it in the style of a Russian folk song.

Last edited:

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
Here are some of my picks before it's too late to do so:

Gold Battle Medley: While I very much enjoy the approach Melee took with this mix of tunes, wouldn't hurt to provide a more creative spin on it; also considering these are the ONLY existing remixes from Gen 2 thus far...

Super Mario Bros 3: Was thinking a more latin styled approach or what Yoko did for Route 10; even though I still dig this mashup between the overworld and map 1 theme!

Theme of Samus Aran Space Warrior: The brawl rendition isn't terrible but after listening to it again, it does come off as a bit bland sounding and could use another take with a bit more OOMPH to it.

02 Battle: This one perfectly fits the bill of being exciting for battle and gets your blood pumping but would really like to see it do in a direction that's more in line with the bombastic grandiose electro orchestration of Motoi Sakuraba.

Mother 3 Theme of Love: It's again fine on it's own merits but certainly doesn't feel like it belongs in a Smash match so perhaps a more fast paced piano piece could do it more justice to this scene.

Xenoblade Chronicles Medley: Was a bit let down by this one considering only the beginning and end count as arranged while the rest is just pre existing so having a seperate composer could make it sound more unique as well as flow more naturally from one piece to another.

Fire Emblem Gaiden Fight 1: With all due respect to Michiru Yamane, this one just comes off as questionably generic and monotonous MIDI quality and feel it would benefit more from a new remix with actual instrumentation from say Akihiro Honda or Ryo Nagamatsu.

Saria's Song/Middle Boss Battle: I much prefer the former section of this mashup cause the latter just feels like a jarring transition that was slapped on at the very last second so either make it more consistent or drop one part in favor of the other.

Onett/Winter's Theme: Suppose this was based on the composers choice, but the Onett section sounded just fine and didn't need to transition to a much more calmer unfitting version of Snowman that doesn't sound much different than the Brawl version.

Also wanted to point out that I personally still have faith Bayonette is going to have new remixes and or additions.

It wouldn't make sense for her not to since not only did she get two arrangements as DLC, but also had the most tracks of the newly introduced franchises for Smash 4 post game.

Still gonna wait until the official release and not base it firmly off of what was shown in the August direct, since I'm going off Sakurai's statement from the Famitsu column that adjustments were still being made to the soundtrack as a whole.

I do however firmly accept that FFVII isn't gonna get more due to the insane amount of red tape behind said music, even extending itself to in house over at Square Enix.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
As much as I like Fire Emblem, getting music we've already heard a whole bunch last week was disappointing, and my hope for EarthBound or Xenoblade music was nearly dead. But this week I'm feeling that we're gonna get some top-tier music. I'm hoping we get a track that finally brings the music hype back.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Well, you'll never hear me complain about more Mega Man music. Flash Man's theme isn't my personal favourite but the remix sounds really good!

I'm still a bit confused as to why they are just ditching the one song per series thing. I mean, it can't just be that we've all been reading too deep into things and looking for patterns where there are none, right? There was a definite trend...
I guess what I'm mainly wondering is why they waited until now to start repeating franchises. I'm hoping its not because they've "run out" of other series to represent on the website, meaning that EarthBound, Kid Icarus, Xenoblade, Punch-Out, et cetera don't have any new remixes... I don't know, I'd be highly surprised if that were the case. I just can't see them completely ignoring entire franchises (besides the predictable ones like Final Fantasy and Sonic)

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
Well, you'll never hear me complain about more Mega Man music. Flash Man's theme isn't my personal favourite but the remix sounds really good!

I'm still a bit confused as to why they are just ditching the one song per series thing. I mean, it can't just be that we've all been reading too deep into things and looking for patterns where there are none, right? There was a definite trend...
I guess what I'm mainly wondering is why they waited until now to start repeating franchises. I'm hoping its not because they've "run out" of other series to represent on the website, meaning that EarthBound, Kid Icarus, Xenoblade, Punch-Out, et cetera don't have any new remixes... I don't know, I'd be highly surprised if that were the case. I just can't see them completely ignoring entire franchises (besides the predictable ones like Final Fantasy and Sonic)
Do you think Sonic suffered from the same fate of being a case where they needed to pay a lot of money to obtain said music as mentioned in the one Famitsu column, thus not being viable for many remixes sadly?

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Do you think Sonic suffered from the same fate of being a case where they needed to pay a lot of money to obtain said music as mentioned in the one Famitsu column, thus not being viable for many remixes sadly?
I have no idea what the situation is with Sonic honestly. It usually seems to be all-or-nothing with third parties, we either get tons of songs like Mega Man or Castlevania, or pretty much nothing like with Final Fantasy. But for Sonic, its not like we have absolutely nothing - Sonic did get a new remix back in Brawl. So I don't know what's stopping them from doing that again

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
I have no idea what the situation is with Sonic honestly. It usually seems to be all-or-nothing with third parties, we either get tons of songs like Mega Man or Castlevania, or pretty much nothing like with Final Fantasy. But for Sonic, its not like we have absolutely nothing - Sonic did get a new remix back in Brawl. So I don't know what's stopping them from doing that again
Based on the trend these past two weeks, I am almost expecting a new Castlevania upload next week, since that was another franchise confirmed to receive a ton of arrangements.

Which is no problem for me whatsoever!

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Well, YouTube seems to be down at the moment so I can't update the first post with links until its back up...

I just updated the poll though - and I bumped up the number of choices to 5! So I urge you all to retake it and pick your TOP FIVE remixes!

POLL - NOW INCREASED TO 5 CHOICES

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
So, a few things to say on the subject of getting another repeat song on the website (as for the song itself: pretty nice, but i would have liked if they at least used something from a side series game, at least the central highway theme we already heard).

1. So, now I'm confident that A. We're definitely getting some more repeats. And B. the fact that both mario and zelda weren't some of the first touched actually makes me more confident they could be getting new characters.

2. On a similar note, I slightly almost wonder if this could mean at least some of the held off franchises are having a new echo or something and being held off? I guess I only really think of this for Mother and that potential ninten echo, which even then I'm not confident of given how it seems we're mostly done. with new characters.

3. I believe that now we are pretty much confirmed that the "magic 8" so to speak can't be a thing. And on that note, I'm confident a combination of a new franchise or two and franchises already with songs will be a thing so it's likely quite a few will get lobbed off. I think the likes of star fox and kid icarus still have chances at least.

4. On that note, Only Wii Fit and and Star Fox have confirmation there WILL be new songs (though in star fox's case, no remix confirmed yet). I feel like they wouldn't outright neglect the others, but I won't deny I'm slightly worried for those series songs chances in the game.

EDIT: 6 songs left. So 1/2 new series, Mario, zelda, Kirby, and/or Pokemon (besides maybe castlevania or street fighter, I think those are it for series on the website already with a song likely to get another). If those ALL come true, no unused series left, which I guess is a possibility. Though, I think we'd get about half the number, so I'd think we still get 2 or 3.

Last edited:

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
I’m really worried we’re not getting any new Mother or Xenoblade music... There was definitely a pattern with music posts and it does feel like it “ran out”... I really hope that’s not the case because I felt like Ultimate song selection would be so much better than 4, but that feeling is dying down a bit :(

Peridorito

Smash Journeyman
I’m really worried we’re not getting any new Mother or Xenoblade music... There was definitely a pattern with music posts and it does feel like it “ran out”... I really hope that’s not the case because I felt like Ultimate song selection would be so much better than 4, but that feeling is dying down a bit :(
I don't think they "ran out" of series. Star Fox and Kid Icarus don't have a song posted yet and I doubt these two are getting no new remixes.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Finally got that first post updated!

Also, Nintendo has put out a preview of the main menu theme, and wow its so good!
Just listen to that bassline!!

Last edited:

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I like the Flash Man theme, but this remix didn't seem right. Maybe I just need to get used to it. Maybe it's the instrumentations that are used. I just imagine a Flash Man remix would sound more jazz like than rock.

I then went back to the video. I changed the speed to 0.75 and I think I found why it doesn't seem quite right. The song it too quick for my tastes. At 0.75, the speed is closer to the original.

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
I don't quite think the website ran out because there's no new songs left for other series (cause there obviously are some), but i do take it to mean Mother/Earthbound and others potentially only have one or two new remixes, and they think it's better to preview series that might have like more new ones in store.
I am keeping it open as a dark possibility (and for some reason, besides Sonic, Punch out kinda seems like it would get skipped to me), but I'm not really resigning to "there's nothing new for non-website series" though the part about composers getting to choose plus sakurai randomly selecting songs to present sorta gives me the feeling that bias about certain series (e.g. Somehow I don't see composers really paying attention to punch out's soundtrack) easily can hold back the variety/choices for some series.

Last edited:

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Maybe he's just messing with us at this point. Sakurai works in mysterious ways.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
So I was looking back on our discussion about "re-remixes" - I'm glad we got a lot of interesting discussion out of that. I was thinking it might be fun to do a sort of "weekly discussion" related to the game's music, to give us something to talk about in between website updates?

Here's a question I'd be really interested in hearing some of your responses to. Ever since Brawl, Smash soundtracks have been known for their guest star composers, and Ultimate seems to be taking that even further. Many big names from across the Japanese games industry have been brought on board to remix classic Nintendo songs. And more so than in any other Smash game before, they have been given free reign to express their own unique styles with these remixes! Good examples of this are Tomoya Ohtani's "Bomb Rush Blush" and Takenobu Mitsuyoshi's "F-ZERO Medley."

My question is, are there any specific songs you'd like to hear remixed by specific guest composers?

Maybe there's a song you think would fit great in a particular composer's style. Here's a list of all of Smash's composers for reference.
Here are some of my thoughts:
  • ACE: I think they could do a killer rendition of the ARMS Main Theme. That, or something like "Koopa's Road" from Super Mario 64.
  • Masato Coda & RiRiKa: I can totally see an upbeat vocal remix of Miitomo's "Home" theme in a similar style to their renditions of Light Plane and Bathtime.
  • Yoko Shimomura: She's one of my all-time favourite video game composers. I feel like she could do really well with Dragon Roost Island, Sky Tower from Kirby's Return to Dreamland, or Dark Pit's Theme. I'd also like to hear her return to some of her Mario RPG compositions like Beware the Forest's Mushrooms.
  • Hirokazu Tanaka: Another favourite of mine. I think his hip-hop and reggae influenced style would really work with something like the Underground Theme from Yoshi's Island, K.K. Cruisin', or maybe Booyah Base from Splatoon.
  • Michiko Naruke: She's done some really good remixes for Smash. For some reason I think a remix of Perplexing Pool from Pikmin 2 in a similar style to what she did with Stickerbrush Symphony could work really well.
  • Tomoya Ohtani: I feel like something from Rhythm Heaven would be a good pick for him. I also think that he could do something cool with "Moonstruck Blossom" from Kirby Triple Deluxe.
  • Takenobu Mitsuyoshi: He'd do great with something from Splatoon!
  • Jun Senoue: Steam Gardens from Super Mario Odyssey. Need I say more?

Last edited:

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
Motoi Sakuraba: This guy is my definitive choice for doing a bombastic orchestral remix of CROWNED in a similar vein to an arrangement of a track that he was responsible for; that being the valedictory elegy from Baten Kaitos Origins.

Akihiro Honda: Coming off the heels of their oh so delicious rendition of the fortress boss theme from Super Mario Bros 3, this symphonic arranger should most definitely tackle Welcome to the Alola Region with said approach in mind.

Maki Kirioka: While her quirky and offbeat style she brings might not be everyone's cup of tea, I now imagine her tackling a Wario Land Medley that effortlessly splices together themes from all four main titles or a Medley of boss tunes from the Yoshi platformers.

Manubi Namiki: One particular standout that joined as a newcomer to the foray of composers with Smash Wii U that I do hope was brought back, he could no doubt bring a unique and unorthodox spin for a Sonic CD JP Medley that features the likes of Palmtree Panic and Stardust Speedway.

Yuzo Koshiro: Easily an essential and prolific figure to video game composition who has yet to be confirmed, I could see him doing a number of Earthbound remixes in the style of his jammin take on Norfair from Brawl, such as either Kraken at the Sea, Pokey Means Business, or Sanctuary Guardian.

Toru Minegishi: Really glad his work on most of the music from Splatoon put him into the spotlight, but for Smash specifically I would want an upbeat piano piece arrangement for possibly either the title theme from Megaman 3 or the End Credits from Majora's Mask.

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
I have to admit, I feel like I'm not generally familiar enough with composers to say "I want them to put their spin on this song" so I can't really give my own, but I am in full support of baasically any of the Shimomura suggestions, Steam Gardens Jun, Ohtani Kirby, Kirioka for Yoshi/Wario, and, if Koshiro did norfair, I agree he would be perfect for earthbound

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Hard to tell but

Remember churchii posting the menu theme

He did it again

This time the rathalos theme

It’s hard to tell since it’s not a remix but it’s more high quality is how I can tell it’s legit

You probably hear this when fighting rathalos in spirit mode

And probably got permission just like with the menu theme

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I think Yoko Shimomura would be able to do a fantastic arrangement of a personal favorite of mine, "X vs. Zero", from Mega Man X5. Or perhaps a remix of the one Mega Man track she originally composed.

Jun Senoue could honestly pull off any Super Mario Sunshine song, but ideally it'd be a medley featuring Bianco Hills, Ricco Harbor, Gelato Beach and the Shadow Mario theme.
Great ideas! X vs. Zero would sound really cool done up in Yoko's usual style, with lots of KH-esque violin.
Also, how did I never know that she composed a song for Mega Man?!?

Motoi Sakuraba: This guy is my definitive choice for doing a bombastic orchestral remix of CROWNED in a similar vein to an arrangement of a track that he was responsible for; that being the valedictory elegy from Baten Kaitos Origins.
I really hope we'll get a CROWNED remix, and Motoi Sakuraba is an excellent choice!

Maki Kirioka: While her quirky and offbeat style she brings might not be everyone's cup of tea, I now imagine her tackling a Wario Land Medley that effortlessly splices together themes from all four main titles or a Medley of boss tunes from the Yoshi platformers.
She's definitely got a unique style, I think her quirkiness would certainly work for Wario or Yoshi. Maybe something from Pikmin too? A remix of "Ai no Uta" maybe?

Yuzo Koshiro: Easily an essential and prolific figure to video game composition who has yet to be confirmed, I could see him doing a number of Earthbound remixes in the style of his jammin take on Norfair from Brawl, such as either Kraken at the Sea, Pokey Means Business, or Sanctuary Guardian.
This is a really good idea. Koshiro would definitely be fit for the job of adapting an EarthBound battle theme for Smash

Top Bottom