• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of New Remixes

Dukemon

Smash Apprentice
I do not understand the Song of the Day Post. This Zelda Track is not in Smash Bros. or not in BotW?

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if I have remix predictions per se, cause I feel that the only new songs will be tied into these upcoming packs, which I'm still confident will be mainly from unrepped new franchises for some reason.

Also I still cannot get over how dope Akihiro Honda made that Pokemon mashup!

Helps that both tracks were my personal top faves from Sun and Moon, but man this fella elevated it to new heights that just left me speechless at first.

I love how it continues to build and build as it progresses but never losing it's grandiose intimidation factor!

My hats off to this composer for delivering not only some of my favorite arrangements here, but my all time rated remix bar none in Ultimate!

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
The main post is basically completed now!

All that's left is to add in links, which I can't really do until the game comes out and the music is uploaded to YouTube.

I also haven't fully sourced some of the medleys, like the Donkey Kong / Donkey Kong Jr one. I'd appreciate some help in identifying all of the components! There may be some other songs that are medleys, but I just haven't noticed due to unfamiliarity with the source material (eg: Fire Emblem) - so if I missed any other songs that were sneakily slipped in please let me know.

Last edited:

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
The main post is basically completed now!

All that's left is to add in links, which I can't really do until the game comes out and the music is uploaded to YouTube.

I also haven't fully sourced some of the medleys, like the Donkey Kong / Donkey Kong Jr one. I'd appreciate some help in identifying all of the components! There may be some other songs that are medleys, but I just haven't noticed due to unfamiliarity with the source material (eg: Fire Emblem) - so if I missed any other songs that were sneakily slipped in please let me know.
The DK Jr portion of said medley incorporates the round start, level 1, level 4, title theme, and round clear jingles!

Also I believe along with the classic game start 1, 25m bgm, and hammer theme it incorporates the ending theme and the round clear jingles too!

fersmashing

Smash Cadet
The F-Zero Medley first notes belong to the Game Over theme from the game. Also, before the second vocal, you can hear in the background the first four chords from Mute City

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
The F-Zero Medley first notes belong to the Game Over theme from the game. Also, before the second vocal, you can hear in the background the first four chords from Mute City
Also the drum beat before the second vocal bridge comes from red canyon!

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I was thinking, do we have confirmation of what the second Mario selection is? I've heard that it's reserved for Mario Kart music on Mario Kart stages, but I don't have proof, so...

jwillenn

Smash Apprentice
Correct me if I'm wrong. When it comes to unlocking music in Ultimate, all one needs to do is play the game. Coins will be earned through various activities and can be used to purchase all of the music.

Last edited:

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking, do we have confirmation of what the second Mario selection is? I've heard that it's reserved for Mario Kart music on Mario Kart stages, but I don't have proof, so...
it's pretty likely mario kart but we don't have anything concrete i don't think

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, I don't have a proof to show you, but I asked someone who have the game and he confirms the second Mario catalog is indeed for Mario Kart.

Such a strange choice to be honest.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Correct me if I'm wrong. When it comes to unlocking music in Ultimate, all one needs to do is play the game. Coins will be earned through various activities and can be used to purchase all of the music.
We can buy the music? Great! I don't like not having all of the songs for a stage from the start, but at least I can get it through an easy method now.

Last edited:

Nrub'yiglith

Smash Rookie
Well, I don't have a proof to show you, but I asked someone who have the game and he confirms the second Mario catalog is indeed for Mario Kart.

Such a strange choice to be honest.
I'd like to know if it's just Mario Kart or also includes the other Mario sports or Mario Party music. As for why they did it, they probably just felt like the Mario stages had an awfully lot of songs and decided to split them up so their music pools aren't so massive.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'd like to know if it's just Mario Kart or also includes the other Mario sports or Mario Party music. As for why they did it, they probably just felt like the Mario stages had an awfully lot of songs and decided to split them up so their music pools aren't so massive.
Sorry I don't have much more info, but it seems to be Mario Kart only. That's still 15 songs for two stages, so it's not too limited. But considering that there's various Mario Sports music, it's seems... Weird.

So it's 15 tracks for 2 Mario Kart stages, and a whopping 93 tracks for 16 Mario stages. Managing this music will be either fun or hell.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I think grouping the Mario Kart, Mario Sports, and Mario Party songs together would have made more sense honestly. Would have balanced the two categories a little better, and I think most of the sports and party songs fit more on the Mario Kart stages anyway.

A lot of the music-related categorization seems pretty arbitrary... oh well. There's always patches to sort that stuff out, Nintendo's been pretty good at making quality-of-life improvements in patches lately, with games like Splatoon 2 and ARMS.

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
i just found out why the we're robots remix is so perfect; it's by the original composer, yu shimoda

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
As someone who's putting every song on one stage only and trying to spread the songs out as evenly as possible (with only a few exceptions to both rules), the main Mario series doesn't actually have an especially high amount of music when you take into account the absurd number of stages it has. I've got all the main Mario stages with 4-5 songs each, while Figure-8 and Mario Circuit both have 7. So I'm actually more irritated that I can't move some of the Mario Kart songs out to the other stages rather than not being able to put the sports songs on the Mario Kart stages lol.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Does anyone here know which music tracks are available to play on Battlefield and Final Destination? I know there's a lot of "Smash Bros." music in the game, but I'm not sure whether all of the menu fanfares and such will be selectable in My Music, of if it's just limited to the various BF/FD/boss themes.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I think grouping the Mario Kart, Mario Sports, and Mario Party songs together would have made more sense honestly. Would have balanced the two categories a little better, and I think most of the sports and party songs fit more on the Mario Kart stages anyway.

A lot of the music-related categorization seems pretty arbitrary... oh well. There's always patches to sort that stuff out, Nintendo's been pretty good at making quality-of-life improvements in patches lately, with games like Splatoon 2 and ARMS.
I think the Mario party songs be grouped with the Mario Kart songs, I think I recalled that Mario Party 9 song playing on the Mario Circuit stagein one of the demos.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Is there a list of confirmed returning songs anywhere? I feel like there was a pinned thread made by the same user, but I just can't find it anywhere.

Last edited:

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
Is there a list of confirmed returning songs anywhere? I feel like there was a pinned thread made by the same user, but I just can't find it anywhere.
The wiki has a full tracklist. Some song titles in the Smash Bros. section contain World of Light spoilers. As far as returning tracks go, literally all of them return, including tracks from the N64, except:

1. Ground Theme 2 - Super Mario Bros. (Brawl)
2. DK Jungle 1 Theme - Barrel Blast
3. Midna's Lament (Original)
4. The Great Sea (Original)
5. Molgera (Original)
6. Vs. Parasite Queen (Original)
7. Checker Knights
8. Forest / Nature Area (Original)
9. Battle! (Wild Pokemon) (Diamond / Pearl) (for 3DS / Wii U)
10. Wrath of the Reset Bomb (Original, was only available in Smash Run on 3DS)
11. Dark Pit (Original, was only available in Smash Run on 3DS)
12. Ai no Uta
13. Ai no Uta (French)
14. Tane no Uta
15. Famicom Medley (Brawl)
16. Theme of Solid Snake (Original)
17. Right There, Ride On
18. Bravoman Medley
19. Yokai Dochuki Medley

And also like a couple tracks from Subspace Emissary iirc.

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
You know what really gets me is how was there no Star Fox Zero remixes? Really dropped the ball on that one, especially with Fox, Falco and the Cornaria level being based on Zero.

mikanbouya

Smash Apprentice
You know what really gets me is how was there no Star Fox Zero remixes? Really dropped the ball on that one, especially with Fox, Falco and the Cornaria level being based on Zero.
I already think it's weird enough they changed the star fox 64 (classic game, nintendo cant stop remaking it, it still holds up) stage into a zero (controversial at best, more negative things to say about it than positive, didn't help a dying system) stage

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
The wiki has a full tracklist. Some song titles in the Smash Bros. section contain World of Light spoilers. As far as returning tracks go, literally all of them return, including tracks from the N64, except:

12. Ai no Uta
14. Tane no Uta
All of these are tragic losses. I can probably live without the rest on that list, but on the huge plus side, that means this song returns. Right?

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128

1. Ground Theme 2 - Super Mario Bros. (Brawl)
2. DK Jungle 1 Theme - Barrel Blast
4. The Great Sea (Original)
5. Molgera (Original)
6. Vs. Parasite Queen (Original)
7. Checker Knights
8. Forest / Nature Area (Original)
9. Battle! (Wild Pokemon) (Diamond / Pearl) (for 3DS / Wii U)
10. Wrath of the Reset Bomb (Original, was only available in Smash Run on 3DS)
11. Dark Pit (Original, was only available in Smash Run on 3DS)
12. Ai no Uta
13. Ai no Uta (French)
14. Tane no Uta
15. Famicom Medley (Brawl)
16. Theme of Solid Snake (Original)
17. Right There, Ride On
18. Bravoman Medley
19. Yokai Dochuki Medley

And also like a couple tracks from Subspace Emissary iirc.
I think the Subspace songs that don't return are Step: The Cave (which, to be fair, sounds more like exploration music rather than battle music) and Subspace Ver. 2 (which doesn't really sound much different from Ver. 1)

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
I already think it's weird enough they changed the star fox 64 (classic game, nintendo cant stop remaking it, it still holds up) stage into a zero (controversial at best, more negative things to say about it than positive, didn't help a dying system) stage
i guess to be fair it's basically just the same stage with a different backdrop. more than likely they just had the SF0 assets on hand and figured it'd be easier to use them than make an entirely new backdrop based on the melee version

on the huge plus side, that means this song returns. Right?
yeah, this one's back!

Last edited:

CleverDan

Smash Cadet
To add to the missing song list, if anyone is still keeping track, it looks like we're missing 64 opening, 64 menu, and 64 character gallery music.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
If Judgement's version of Vampire Killer didn't sold me on Dracula's Castle, Lament of Innocence's remix sure as heck did.

Lodestar65

Smash Apprentice
Venom is still based off of SF64.

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
Wanted to mention that I'm very happy certain composers got to perform one extra or more arrangements this time around, which special mention going to the likes of Motoi Sakuraba, Noriyuki Iwadare, Shota Kageyama, Ahikiro Honda, Nobuko Toda, Kumi Tanioka, Yusuke Takahama, ACE, Hideaki Sakamoto and Maki Kirioka.

Even if certain returning musicians worked on less than what they usually provide like Kenjo Ito, Michiko Naruke, Yoko Shimomura, Masato Coda, Yuzo Koshiro, and Hirokazu Tanaka, they're contributions more than make up for it.

Still was a shame certain individuals like Jesahm, Taka Inoue, Yasonuri Mitsuda, Masashi Hamauzu, Kenji Yamamoto, or Ryo Watanabe couldn't return but such is the way in this industry more often than not.

A final note is that it dawned on me that the reason Brawl still had the most arrangements in the base game is thanks solely to both Kentaro Ishizaka, whom provided like 14 remixes, and of course Shogo Sakai from Melee, whom provided a whopping 19 remixes in grand total, who of course didn't return cause they are or were primarily involved with Hal Laboratory.

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
I think I might be in the small minority overall, but I actually don't mind the Noisy Notebook remix.

It's still quirky so that it captures the source very well as well as being more fitting for a battle ready environment.

Then again I perfectly understand why it may not be everyone's cup of tea.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I don't mind the Snipperclips as well, as you say it's still quirky yet more suited for battle. Maybe the percussions feel too much slapped on the tracks, though.

Top Bottom