• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of New Remixes

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Okay, they first post is mostly up-to-date (besides the few songs I still need help identifying!)
I also updated to poll in case anyone wants to change some of their choices.

Re-cap of the songs I'm still stumped about:
  • The song from Isaac's assist trophy reveal
  • The song from Tiki's assist trophy reveal
  • Whether "Duty" from Fire Emblem Awakening is a remix or original
  • Whether Guile's Theme is a new Smash remix or an arrangement from elsewhere
  • Whether "Dance of Illusions" is a new remix or an arrangement from elsewhere
Now, a few thoughts on the new music we've heard!
  • Not sure how I feel about Lifelight, personally. Not usually a fan of lyrical songs in games... but, it might grow on me.
  • The new Pokemon remix on the website: is it just me, or does it sound kind of... bad? Like, its really synth-y, almost sounds like a fan remix.
  • Really happy that we got a remix of Seaskape, it was my favourite song in the original Splatoon!
  • Also, we caught a glimpse of there being a new remix of "Now or Never" from Splatoon, but we didn't get to hear it yet. I think this is the first confirmed remix that we have heard nothing of.
    • Its not a huge deal, but I feel like having five different versions of this one song is a bit redundant
  • We heard a tiny bit of a new remix of the SMB3 Overworld theme - that's our third song from SMB3! Composers must like that game's soundtrack.
    • And I'm guessing that little snippet of the Dark World theme from SMB3 we heard during the Piranha Plant reveal is part of a medley with the Bowser Battle theme. Very similar style.
  • Loving the new Mega Man remixes!! Glad this series is getting so much attention in Smash.

Superyoshiom Superyoshiom - my condolences about the lack of new Xenoblade music :c I hope you at least like the new Xenoblade Chronicles 2 tracks though!

Last edited:

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
God I really hope there are truly no new Xenoblade arrangements...

Like would it be due to licensing issues cause I have a hard time believing the many composers they hired did not care in the slightest to give this franchise a single remix for this game.

bentendo222

Smash Apprentice
Isaac's is the Golden Sun remix from Brawl. As for Dance of Illusions, it's the version from Castlevania Judgement.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I really wanna hear the full version of the Dark World/Bowser Battle remix. SMB3 being my first Mario game makes it incredibly nostalgic to me. :love:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
PixelPasta PixelPasta Duty (Ablaze) from the Owain segment is not a remix, it’s ripped from Awakening.
Prelude (Ablaze) is definetley not from Awakening.... but I think I recognize it from Fire Emblem Warriors, of all things! I’ll report back when I have time to check.

Last edited:

King Zekrom

Smash Apprentice
In the About Section of the website, where it says music, there is a brief scroll of music titles in the game. It appears we're getting Kass' Theme (Breath of the Wild) and Battle! Gladion (Sun/Moon). If they remix Gladion's theme I hope they pull it off correctly, because it has the potential to be a great smash song.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Hi! I just wanted to say that the About page on the Smash website https://www.smashbros.com/en_US/about/index.html confirms several new songs. 2 notable ones being Find Mii / Find Mii II Medley (maybe the song we hear in the Mii Fighters character trailer?) & Donkey Kong / Donkey Kong Jr Medley.
In the About Section of the website, where it says music, there is a brief scroll of music titles in the game. It appears we're getting Kass' Theme (Breath of the Wild) and Battle! Gladion (Sun/Moon). If they remix Gladion's theme I hope they pull it off correctly, because it has the potential to be a great smash song.
Good catch! I never would have guessed to check for music in the about section.

The problem is we don't know whether these are new remixes, old remixes, or original songs. Part of me wants to assume they are all new remixes... the little blurb says "tons of new arrangements," it would make sense that it would be showcasing a selection of Smash exclusive remixes.

We already know that Wood Man, Vampire Killer, Vs. Ridley, Lost in Thoughts All Alone, and Splattack are receiving new remixes. The two medleys we can obviously assume are new. That leaves us with these songs:
-Theme of Solid Snake
-Ground Theme - Super Mario Bros. 2
-Jump Up, Super Star!
-Kass's Theme
-Meta Knight's Revenge
-Corneria - Star Fox
-Battle (Gladion)
-Magicant

We've heard Jump Up, Super Star, but not a remix yet. Maybe the original and a remix are both in the game?
Meta Knight's Revenge and Corneria could definitely be remixes from past games, but it would be weird to specifically highlight these two old remixes.
Magicant is an interesting one: the arrangement from Smash 4 was a medley called "Magicant / Eight Melodies." Unless they changed the name, I assume this is something different. So we're possibly getting a new remix of Magicant!
I have a gut feeling that the SMB2 Ground Theme is a remix as well. I just don't see them listing the original 8-bit version on the website.
Same with Kass' Theme - the original just isn't well-suited for battle, so a new remix is an obvious choice.

I won't commit to listing them as new remixes just yet, I want to wait until further confirmation. Any thoughts?

Unrelated question, do we know who sings Lifelight yet?

Dukemon

Smash Apprentice
Are you sure the japanese singer is the same who has sung the opener from hoshi no kabii?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I've been watching the Japanese stream and I noticed two new songs.

The first played on the Paper Mario stage. I definitely recognized it from the 3DS Mario and Luigi games, but I can't say what it is for sure. I'm pretty sure it's the original version, because I recognize the sound font.

Second is a new remix of Light Plane, obviously playing on Pilotwings . It's a little more metal than the one from 4.

I'll edit this if I notice anything more.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I've been watching the Japanese stream and I noticed two new songs.

The first played on the Paper Mario stage. I definitely recognized it from the 3DS Mario and Luigi games, but I can't say what it is for sure. I'm pretty sure it's the original version, because I recognize the sound font.

Second is a new remix of Light Plane, obviously playing on Pilotwings . It's a little more metal than the one from 4.

I'll edit this if I notice anything more.
Ooh, new Light Plane remix? Do you have any links at the moment?

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Okay, they first post is mostly up-to-date (besides the few songs I still need help identifying!)
I also updated to poll in case anyone wants to change some of their choices.

Re-cap of the songs I'm still stumped about:
  • The song from Isaac's assist trophy reveal
  • The song from Tiki's assist trophy reveal
  • Whether "Duty" from Fire Emblem Awakening is a remix or original
  • Whether Guile's Theme is a new Smash remix or an arrangement from elsewhere
  • Whether "Dance of Illusions" is a new remix or an arrangement from elsewhere
Now, a few thoughts on the new music we've heard!
  • Not sure how I feel about Lifelight, personally. Not usually a fan of lyrical songs in games... but, it might grow on me.
  • The new Pokemon remix on the website: is it just me, or does it sound kind of... bad? Like, its really synth-y, almost sounds like a fan remix.
  • Really happy that we got a remix of Seaskape, it was my favourite song in the original Splatoon!
  • Also, we caught a glimpse of there being a new remix of "Now or Never" from Splatoon, but we didn't get to hear it yet. I think this is the first confirmed remix that we have heard nothing of.
    • Its not a huge deal, but I feel like having five different versions of this one song is a bit redundant
  • We heard a tiny bit of a new remix of the SMB3 Overworld theme - that's our third song from SMB3! Composers must like that game's soundtrack.
    • And I'm guessing that little snippet of the Dark World theme from SMB3 we heard during the Piranha Plant reveal is part of a medley with the Bowser Battle theme. Very similar style.
  • Loving the new Mega Man remixes!! Glad this series is getting so much attention in Smash.

Superyoshiom Superyoshiom - my condolences about the lack of new Xenoblade music :c I hope you at least like the new Xenoblade Chronicles 2 tracks though!
Yeah, it sucks that for a series with some fantastic music we get less new remixes than series like Wii Fit and Duck Hunt.
At least out of the XC2 battle themes they picked the three best.

Also there's a new remix of the battle theme from Fire Emblem Gaiden/Shadows of Valentia and the Fire Man theme from Mega Man. Also I think the Wii Sports title theme has a new remix but I'm not too sure.

Good catch! I never would have guessed to check for music in the about section.

The problem is we don't know whether these are new remixes, old remixes, or original songs. Part of me wants to assume they are all new remixes... the little blurb says "tons of new arrangements," it would make sense that it would be showcasing a selection of Smash exclusive remixes.

We already know that Wood Man, Vampire Killer, Vs. Ridley, Lost in Thoughts All Alone, and Splattack are receiving new remixes. The two medleys we can obviously assume are new. That leaves us with these songs:
-Theme of Solid Snake
-Ground Theme - Super Mario Bros. 2
-Jump Up, Super Star!
-Kass's Theme
-Meta Knight's Revenge
-Corneria - Star Fox
-Battle (Gladion)
-Magicant

We've heard Jump Up, Super Star, but not a remix yet. Maybe the original and a remix are both in the game?
Meta Knight's Revenge and Corneria could definitely be remixes from past games, but it would be weird to specifically highlight these two old remixes.
Magicant is an interesting one: the arrangement from Smash 4 was a medley called "Magicant / Eight Melodies." Unless they changed the name, I assume this is something different. So we're possibly getting a new remix of Magicant!
I have a gut feeling that the SMB2 Ground Theme is a remix as well. I just don't see them listing the original 8-bit version on the website.
Same with Kass' Theme - the original just isn't well-suited for battle, so a new remix is an obvious choice.

I won't commit to listing them as new remixes just yet, I want to wait until further confirmation. Any thoughts?

Unrelated question, do we know who sings Lifelight yet?
The Solid Snake could be a new one, they've been getting a lot of Konami composers.
Considering how old the song is, I think they'd want to highlight the remix of this song.
I'd be surprised if we didn't get at least a new remix of this song.
Kass's Theme was one of the few memorable tracks from the game, and not really suited for fighting, so it could be a remix.
Meta Knight's Revenge and Corneria are two iconic songs that could be easily remixed.
If Gladion's Theme didn't get remixed I'd be really sad.
I think your point about Magicant is good, it could be the Magicant theme from EarthBound that gets remixed.

Last edited:

Mornal

Smash Cadet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QyQWFVRDQE

At 31 minutes there's a new Wii Sports Remix

At 33 minutes Legendary Air Ride Machine is confirmed to return

At 52 minutes Green Greens ver. 2 is confirmed to return

At 57 minutes 3D Land/Beach Theme from Smash 4 is confirmed to return

At 1 hour 13 minutes N's castle is confirmed to return

At 1 hour 20 minutes Ending (Yoshi's Story) is confirmed to return

At 1 hour 13 minutes N's castle is confirmed to return

At 1 hour 31 minutes Mario Circuit from Brawl is confirmed to return.

At 1 hour 34 minutes, I think there's a new remix of some kind? I don't recognize the song but I'm 99% sure it's new to Smash (Edit: it's not new. It's Jungle Level Jazz Style.)

At 1 hour 36 minutes, Ashley's song ver 2. from Smash 4 is confirmed to return (at least in Japan)

At 1 hour 54 minutes, the Papercraft Battle song from Paper Jam is confirmed to be ported

At 1 hour 56 minutes, the Pokemon theme from 64 is confirmed to return

At 2 hours 4 minutes that new Light Plane remix mentioned earlier in the thread plays

At 2 hours 7 minutes Area 6/ Missile Stream is confirmed to return

At 2 hours 51 minutes Luigi's Mansion from Brawl is confirmed to return

At 2 hours 53 minutes the Yoshi's Island remix from Smash 4 is confirmed to return

At 3 hours 4 minutes Space Battleground from Star Fox Assault (I think) is confirmed to return

At 3 hours 15 minutes, Underground Mario Land from Brawl is confirmed to return

Also, they use Multi-Man smash from Smash 4 between almost every match, so I'm guessing that's back too.

Take into account I skimmed the video, so I may have missed one or two, and I only mentioned things that aren't already on the list.

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Probably said this a few pages ago, but the version of Dracula's castle in Smash Ultimate is not the Harmony of Despair version, it's the Judgement version

Mornal

Smash Cadet
Also, in the second half of the livestream which has yet to be uploaded to youtube:

(No timestamps will be given because I don't have access to a video, but this will be in the order they appear. I'm skipping things already on the list.)

Credits theme from Smash 4 appears to return (looks like as a menu theme now)

Mario Maker's style switch is back.

Original Gerudo Valley (not the remix) is confirmed to return

Trophy Rush theme is confirmed to return. (RIP Trophies, still salty)

Gourmet Race from Brawl returns.

(From here on, Sakurai starts showing off modes).

Super Hoop returns.

There's a Zelda song that I don't think I've heard before? It's hard to make out on the specific livestream I'm using as reference, but I think it's a new remix.

I hear Ken's theme, but I don't know what form it's in, it's very possible it's the original one from SF2 but I have no idea, so someone should check when the video's posted.

There's a Chun-Li stage A song. Again, don't know enough about Street Fighter to speak to the form it's in.

Lots of songs I can't make out when he's talking about Spirits mode.

I can tell that Fight Theme 1 from Fire Emblem Gaiden is one song confirmed during this segment. I think it's different from the Smash 4 remix (likely ported from the remake), but it's hard to make out so I'm not 100% sure.

Sounds like Kid Icarus Retro Medley is back.

Live and Learn is confirmed to return.

New Fire Man Stage remix from Mega Man 1.

That's all I was able to make out, but I definitely missed a ton during the Spirits stuff, so look there when a video drops.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
At 1 hour 34 minutes, I think there's a new remix of some kind? I don't recognize the song but I'm 99% sure it's new to Smash
I'm fairly sure it's the Jungle Level Jazz Style remix from Smash 4.

-

Can confirm from the Spanish demo footage that Metalopod plays on Moray Towers and that Jungle Theme (Melee) is back/plays on Jungle Japes (ironically, despite JJ being on 3DS, the song that played on it was Kongo Jungle 64's theme).

Additionally, can attest that I saw Chun-Li Stage Type A was seen when Sakurai was demoing Classic Mode at Nintendo Live. As stated above, the VOD isn't available yet (they're still streaming the same event, but have moved on to Splatoon 2), though a couple of streamers have uploaded some of the individual matches. I will comb through them when I get the chance.

On a side note, there's also been some updated victory screen jingles for some characters. Corrin plays Lost in Thoughts All Alone, Ganondorf and Toon Link a more "dynamic sounding" Zelda main theme (reminds me of ALBW), etc.

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
I originally thought the color scheme matched the nobodies' and the sigil looked damn close, but also drew parallels to the BoTW icon (mainly how the bottom sticks out a bit more like the sword does, and the middle looks obscured by the Z).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU701BCx9ng

Here's the direct gameplay of the match with the new Mario and Luigi song.
Is it maybe this song (or a remix from this one) --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJp2rcIzy4o (Panic Pit from Mario & Luigi Dream Team Bros)?

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Wow, so much new music!

Mornal Mornal - Huge thanks for going through this 3+ hour video and listing all the new songs with timestamps. Saves me a lot of time, I appreciate it!

On a side note, there's also been some updated victory screen jingles for some characters. Corrin plays Lost in Thoughts All Alone, Ganondorf and Toon Link a more "dynamic sounding" Zelda main theme (reminds me of ALBW), etc.
I'm really glad to hear this. I was pretty disappointed that Smash 4 didn't update any of the veteran's victory themes, besides Bowser.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Is that a... new Jungle Level remix at 50:30?? Sounds new to me, might be wrong though.
Anyone know what "Jungle Level [DX]" is? I assume its the Japanese name for one of the previous Smash remixes.

Man, that new Light Plane remix sounds awesome. I'm hearing some crazy saxophone soloing. Wish we could hear it more clearly!

My hype for this game's soundtrack is just skyrocketing. I can't get enough of these new songs!

EDIT:
Fruits Basket from rhythm heaven megamix is in the game https://twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1058695598361038848
Is there any way of telling whether this is a new remix or not? I'm guessing its not, but you never know.

Last edited:

Krispy Wilson

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty sure Cloudtop Cruise and Tomorrow Is Mine are Smash 4 remixes, not the original versions.

Mornal

Smash Cadet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Pg8Sqw2XOY

Here's another tourney steram. It may have more new songs. In fact, I think I heard a new one on Reset Bomb.
Ooh, song titles are in English this time. That should make this a whole lot easier.

Okay, from this one:

At 2 minutes world 1-1 from brawl is confirmed to return.

A 7 minutes victory road from X and Y is confirmed to return.

At 25 minutes Title - Wii Sports plays. I can't make it out so I don't know if it's a returning track or if it's that new remix again.

At 34 minutes Hades' Infernal Theme is confirmed to return.

At 49 minutes the new Final Destination theme plays. (Kinda weak IMO)

At 1 hour 5 minutes Cloudtop Cruise is confirmed to return.

At 1 hour 12 minutes there's a new remix of Ground Theme from Mario 2.

At 1 hour 31 minutes Mute City Snes returns.

Not sure if Menu 2 (Melee) was confirmed yet, but it's playing in the menus.

At 1 hour 42 minutes Ashley Song V2 is confirmed to, unlike Smash 4, appear in non-japanese localizations.

I think that's it for that stream

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
One of the streams had gameplay on the Garden of Hope stage, and I swear I heard an new Pikmin remix, but it was really hard to make out. I think it might have been an arrangement of the Impact Site from the first game. Can't confirm until an archive of the stream goes up (I think it was in the second part of the Japanese tournament)

Mornal

Smash Cadet
One of the streams had gameplay on the Garden of Hope stage, and I swear I heard an new Pikmin remix, but it was really hard to make out. I think it might have been an arrangement of the Impact Site from the first game. Can't confirm until an archive of the stream goes up (I think it was in the second part of the Japanese tournament)
I remember the Garden of Hope remix from Olimar's character trailer showed up at one point, so maybe it was that and it's a medley of some sort?

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I though the instrumentation fit the Garden of Hope remix from Olimar's character video perfectly, but I don't know much about Pikmin so it could be a new one I suppose.

Will also clarify since someone mentioned it, and the Japanese stream starts again in about 3 hours:

Each game will be denoted as the following in Japanese
64 = Smash 64
DX = Melee
X = Brawl
for = 4 (Wii U/3DS)
SPECIAL = new to Smash Ultimate

Last edited:

R O F L

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure its the Garden of Hope remix from Olimar's trailer. I took a listen and I think I matched a part of the song in the gameplay with a part of the real track, it just seems sped-up. The instruments are also similar to the ones in Olimar's trailer, plus it IS on the Garden of Hope stage and I bet that it would be pre-set to play there more than other songs.

Just to make sure I was watching the right match, it was G&W vs G&W right?

Top Bottom