• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of New Remixes

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Hard to tell but

Remember churchii posting the menu theme

He did it again

This time the rathalos theme

It’s hard to tell since it’s not a remix but it’s more high quality is how I can tell it’s legit

You probably hear this when fighting rathalos in spirit mode

And probably got permission just like with the menu theme
They uploaded the original track from PS2 and slapped an Ultimate label on it. Same with the music that played in Simon's trailer.

The music is probably in the full game, but it could be a situation like Smash 4, with the Mii costumes using music that wasn't in the full game.

Either way it means nothing.

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
I would see that if rathalos was just an assist trophy, but given that it actually has its own boss arena, I reasonably expect we'd actually get it's theme. Granted, becuase it seems to be a boss only-stage at the moment, it could very easily be just Rathalos' theme and nothing else, and, if that is the case, it's an interesting situation of a third party theme without an attached fighter or group of songs (at least all the namco medlies could get grouped with each other).

Though, if somehow Rathalos' arena is just an alteration of some as of yet unseen smash original or other franchise stage (I doubt it because I believe it's been identified as being a location from monster hunter, but you never know), then it could indeed be without a theme. Or, maybe it will perhaps get a generic boss theme if such a song ends up happening, though it would break brawl's tradition where bosses from other games did get some music from their home series.

EDIT: On an older post i said we were on six songs left, I miscounted. We are on seven songs left and after tonight’s goes up, that’s when we’re on six. In hand with that, I propose we’ll get a mix of these songs (obviously not all because combined they exceed seven)
Used on website series: Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Pokemon, or street fighter (last one is just due to sheer number of new songs and having had on on the website since day 1. The rest could be for potential newcomers).
Unused on website series: star fox, Kid Icarus, Wii Fit (maybe odd choice, but it has at least 4 new songs for ultimate), and one of either Mother, Xenoblade, Punch Out, Wario, or Sonic (based on reusing series plus new franchises, plus more likely unused franchises, I feel like the odds are only one of these smaller more “niche” series get a song on the site,and sonic is forever tricky)
Probably at least one new franchise for smash, maybe even two. If nothing else, one more “other” to fill this category.
Lastly, a smash original song: either a remix of an older smash theme or a song for the hidden mode.
Also, the way i figure is, we’re likely to get a mario/Zelda/Kirby/Pokemon/newcomer franchise song or three after the direct, depending on new characters, and I think the smash original song/remix will be the last one before release (if it doesn’t go after the direct that covers the mystery mode). For the non-post direct/right before launch days, I see mario, Zelda, and maybe even street fighter if they get no new characters, and the unused series. In the case of Kirby and Pokémon, I only see a new song if they have new characters. Lastly, if we don’t get a new franchise, I can see an “other” on one of those off days
Though again, I probably should stress, that’s more just the pool I think can be pulled from. Given I have at least 11 possibilities one mind (5 used, 4 unsued, 1 new franchise/an “other” and 1 smash original), while we only have 7 left, obviously not all can make the cut.

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Prediction for this week is that I'll be disappointed
I hope we'll get something really good that will bring everyone's hype back! ;)

I'm still strongly hoping for EarthBound, but there are some franchises I wouldn't mind hearing a second song for: Kirby, Zelda, Street Fighter, Splatoon, Metroid, Castlevania, Mario (in the form of a Mario RPG song).

For the sake of making an actual prediction: for some reason I feel like we're going to get something from either Star Fox or Kid Icarus.

bentendo222

Smash Apprentice
My prediction is that if it's a franchise that already has a song, it will be from the DK series, but for a new series I would say either Kid Icarus or Earthbound.

Edit: So the blog post for the song is here, but not the song. It's a remix of Lost Painting from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night!

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
If you check the Korean site they have an update for Castlevania music. Castlevania music is dope but I hate that they're doubling up on franchises now instead of giving us music from series without music.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Ooh, I'm looking forward to hearing this remix, I love the original song. I'm expecting something much more fast-paced than the original, it will be interesting to see how Tetsuya Shibata approached it.

Wonder why its taking so long though...

Last edited:

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
So, in the edited version of an earlier comment, of franchises with a song already up, I actually considered castlevania due to number size but assumed "nah, it's new while street fighter has been in smash 4 and on the website since day 1 plus potentially Ken, castlevania's massive numbers won't help like SF."

Welp, site proved me wrong. So I have my 11 theorized and 6 nights left.

it's always castlevania that gives this site problems, isn't it?

Welp, got it from a friend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmVkNeliuH8&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
whelp not a memorable tune, mind you its a little hard to care for music from a franchise you have no interest in

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
The style is totally not what I was expected, but its a very cool remix! I like that it has a little jazzy flair. Kind of reminds me of another game's soundtrack, but I can't put my finger on which one at the moment...

Also, I finally got that first post and the poll updated.

Last edited:

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
So, um, regarding that supposedly true leak.
Speaking as someone who hasn’t really had a solid confirmation and just heard reactions that didn’t drop names but gave me suspicions...
Is mentioning the leak in any sort of context banned on here, or is it valid for discussing potential music? I’m not really a common frequenter of the rest of the site, so I don’t known if policy is “let’s run with it” or “we’ll try to ignore?”

Like, I imagine an accidental name drop or subconscious influence is fair, I’m just sorta wondering if discussion can be overt?
(Also, if possible, could you try to structure your reply not to hint, or at least outright state, anything?)

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
So, um, regarding that supposedly true leak.
Speaking as someone who hasn’t really had a solid confirmation and just heard reactions that didn’t drop names but gave me suspicions...
Is mentioning the leak in any sort of context banned on here, or is it valid for discussing potential music? I’m not really a common frequenter of the rest of the site, so I don’t known if policy is “let’s run with it” or “we’ll try to ignore?”

Like, I imagine an accidental name drop or subconscious influence is fair, I’m just sorta wondering if discussion can be overt?
(Also, if possible, could you try to structure your reply not to hint, or at least outright state, anything?)
Hmm... it would be ideal if we could keep this thread leak-free, for the time being.

Personally I'm not 100% convinced about this new leak. It very well could be real, but if it turned out it was faked I wouldn't be shocked. So in that sense, I don't see discussing the leak to be a "spoiler" because I don't see it as concrete confirmation just yet. That said, I understand that many people just want to talk about the music and not be potentially spoiled about other aspects of the game.

So here's my proposal: as the thread owner, I ask that everybody please keep the leak talk at a minimum - there are other threads for that. If you want to factor leaks or rumours into your discussion of potential music or song predictions I have no problem with that, but use spoiler tags and indicate that you will be mentioning leaked/rumoured information.

Of course, I'm not a mod and I have no way of enforcing this. So just be considerate, basically!

Last edited:

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
Yeah, again, i realize a slip of the tongue is always unintentional and it would be a pain to try and cover all that, just sorta wondered what the standard expectation for this thread is: I figured if people wanted to talk spoilers it was fair, but then others deserved a sort of warning about that. But, I am happy if we generally stay leak/spoiler free.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Using [spoiler][/spoiler] tags for common courtesy is the preferred sitewide policy for staff, though how harshly we enforce it depends on the thread.

For this topic specifically, I support the thread owner's view. Bringing it up specifically for music speculation/predictions is fine, but discussing the legitimacy/leak itself is best left for other areas of the site.

bentendo222

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if we'll either get a song tonight or it won't until Thursday after the direct. Or both.

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
Wanted to bring this up here but why does it seem to me that most folks still take what was shown during the August direct as the de facto final song count for certain franchises since the title was still very much in development at that point and the fact Sakurai made mention that adjustments were still being made to the music as a whole during his Famitsu column in early September when he discussed the soundtrack development?

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I wonder if we'll either get a song tonight or it won't until Thursday after the direct. Or both.
Sadly it seems like this week's song won't come until Thursday, just like what happened with the last direct. Oh well, the direct will surely bring us lots of tasty new songs to add to the list!

Wanted to bring this up here but why does it seem to me that most folks still take what was shown during the August direct as the de facto final song count for certain franchises since the title was still very much in development at that point and the fact Sakurai made mention that adjustments were still being made to the music as a whole during his Famitsu column in early September when he discussed the soundtrack development?
I agree that its very possible those numbers will change, besides the totals that were explicitly mentioned (such as the track list for Castlevania, I also don't expect the total number of songs to change). I mainly just use those counts as tentative estimates for the sake of speculation

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
I agree that its very possible those numbers will change, besides the totals that were explicitly mentioned (such as the track list for Castlevania, I also don't expect the total number of songs to change). I mainly just use those counts as tentative estimates for the sake of speculation
Yeah, I sort of second. I find that these numbers we got in the direct at least help establish some minimum baselines. I think I'm a little more convinced they are indeed final numbers (As much as it sucks for FF, it does make sense given copyright money, while I don't think the numbers for any other series, besides maybe Star Fox looking a tad low, seemed quite that odd). However, there is indeed the possibility they could change.

bentendo222

Smash Apprentice
Sadly it seems like this week's song won't come until Thursday, just like what happened with the last direct. Oh well, the direct will surely bring us lots of tasty new songs to add to the list!
Well hopefully they won't leak a song name like they did before the August direct. It shouldn't happen again since they title the songs with numbers now.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
so theyre keeping the song til tomorrow, just hope its a good one
They could also wait till Thursday night to post it, after the direct. Music related to the newcomers and all. It could hint at some, so waiting isn't a bad idea.

They did that for Castlevania, after all(of course, it accidentally got leaked).

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
They could also wait till Thursday night to post it, after the direct. Music related to the newcomers and all. It could hint at some, so waiting isn't a bad idea.

They did that for Castlevania, after all(of course, it accidentally got leaked).
i imagine theyll be a lot more careful to not leak any music tomorrow morning

King Zekrom

Smash Apprentice
We got the Sun/Moon wild battle theme on the website, along with "Lifelight" (the smash ultimate vocal song from the trailer) on the website too. I really like lifelight. Her voice sounds familiar though, is it the same singer who voiced "Lost in Thoughts All Alone"?

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
On the Mega Man side of things, we heard a remix of Guts Man from Mega Man 1 and We're the Robots from Mega Man 9. :)

Dukemon

Smash Apprentice
Now I will Nintendo Germany annoying with Twitter post until they will make a german version of "Lifelight".^^

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
When they plaued on Corneria in the Treehouse Segment, there was a Star Fox Medley playing. Not sure if this is a new song or not, but it wasn't familiar for me.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Sorry guys, I've been busy today, I'll update the first post a little later tonight. I appreciate everybody identifying the songs we heard!

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
Oh, quick thing on Star Fox Medley.

I assume that's the new name for what we've known as Melee corneria for years. The song that played on corneria in melee was really a medley of Star Fox SNES's Venom, map select, and space armada. I think they finally gave ab appropriate name is all.

Also, can't tell if anyone noted this, but of miscelleanous music tracks I noticed and remember strongly, there was Guile's theme (yes), bits of dark World from SMB3 (part of SMB3 bowser and/or boss battle perhaps? but then seems odd to give the same song just with different bits to bowser and pihranha plant), and "We're the robots"/ Wily Castle stage 2 from mega Man 9

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord

Mornal

Smash Cadet
The song that plays during the emmerich battle is "yell dead cell".
The song that plays during the owain battle is "duty" from Fire Emblem Awakening.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Hands down, Lifelight is one one of my favorite video game songs, ever.

God****it, it sounds like a Christmas song, making it even more Hype.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Can I just say that Lifelight is freaking awesome? Definitely my favorite Smash theme... I didn't think the Smash 4 theme would be topped, but those lyrics are beautiful.

Top Bottom