• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of Lucas combos and setups (no footstools)

A Scrub

BonghornLeghorn
NNID
BonghornLeghorn
Hey guys,

I wanted to provide a single source for all the Lucas tech that I know about and percentages that they work at. This is based on my experience, and if something is incorrect please let me know and I'll correct it. I'm not going to go to talk about footstool combos, I haven't got them down myself. Lucas has lots of potential with regular combos, with plenty of potential at 80-100 to kill an opponent early on a missed tech, and lots of kill setups that are guaranteed the the lower-mid 100s.

------------

0-20%

If they are heavy or a fast faller you can dthrow > nair > nair > uair. If they DI down out of the nairs you can fast fall and ftilt them.

If you manage to land a short hop > nair you can continue landing and nairing them 4 or 5 times across the stage. With this you can follow their SDI. If they SDI behind, press back a bit, if they SDI down, follow them down. Great damage IMO.

On all sizes and weights you can use landing nair > jab

------------

20-50%

Dthrow > fair is pretty basic, some good damage. You can poke with zair and pk fire until you get the grab. This is when you're gonna want to start conditioning your opponent for shielding more.

------------

50-78%

If you follow the DI, you can dthrow>bair>nair while fading back. Most of the cast this works on, but be wary of anyone who has a fast u-air (like Cloud or Marth), as the hitstun ends early enough that they can get you.

------------

78-100%

At this percent dair becomes a tech situation. It's a small window to tech for your opponent, and if they miss it you get a free fsmash, which if spaced right and is tipped, is deadly at the ledge.

------------

100(?)/120 - 140%

I'm not sure the exact percent this starts, at some point between 100 & 120 zair starts putting your opponent in tumble, with a chance of it being untechable. This leads to a nice fsmash near a ledge for early KO's.

If you get the grab you got the Lucas hoo-ha. If you have high rage, bthrow or uthrow is gonna kill depending on your situation.

Dair > up-air starts working around these percents too.

------------

This is what I have for now, but I'm fairly sure I'm missing some stuff. When I get home from work tonight I'll lab a bit more and polish this up.

Last edited:

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
Nice info. The tumble percent is 120%. By the way, are you in Lucas Discord?

Top Bottom