• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of best online Kaillera players?

toastedbagels

Smash Cadet
Is Kailerra a different way to play online? I used PJ64 to play on Smash Fu but I did have trouble getting used to the lag. In your guys opinion should I be trying to play with this Kailerra thing? Or should I be going to a different server? (NY is close to me, I am in Ontario, Canada.)

Uair

Banned via Warnings
Yes it is true Knitephox has a poor server host which results in tons of issues. Kaillera is the port and the master server list while Emulinker is the server setup and the emulator/client is what acesses the server setup.

Also if you're lagging it's your own fault, go to Task manager and shut off anything that you don't need or cant handle running. Emulation is CPU heavy, and when networking comes into play anything using too much networking like Steam, skype, windows updates, will all cause lag. Also you need to be wired because you'll drop too many packets using kaillera with wireless.

toastedbagels

Smash Cadet
It's definitely not graphical lag but network lag, but I will take the advice about closing other programs when trying to play. I am not the most technically savvy so in layman's terms did you say: "Yes use Kaillera to connect and play online rather than just going through PK64."

Grahamaglam

Smash Journeyman
Kaillera is, to my knowledge, just the server list that you use through Project64. Playing online and playing on Kaillera mean the same thing.

Network lag can be helped if you hook your computer up to your router through an ethernet cable and don't use wireless. Other people on your connection can also cause you to lag if they are using bandwidth-heavy stuff like netflix.

toastedbagels

Smash Cadet
Oh! Thank you for spelling it out for me I understand now. Yes the lag thing is a bit of an anomaly I am no stranger to online PC gaming and I do know what kinds of thing cause it in a general sense. Although I never went as far as to close skype like Uair suggested so I will probably start doing that as well.

Thanks to both of you for your help.

toastedbagels

Smash Cadet
I am finding I can roll with most people but there a few elite people who mop up vs me.

SSb64champ

Smash Cadet
best players you will see on kaillera:

criminal record
smasherx74
sheermadness (picky about who he plays)
Holzberd
NashSmash
Caleb
LD/sleepy fox

these arent the best ssb64 players just the best you will still see logging on kaillera

Last edited:
Top Bottom