• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of all spirits in Ultimate (Help Wanted!)

An Archie

Smash Cadet
Spirits Mode is the big new mode of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. This mode stars spirits: the replacement for trophies in this game.
I know not everyone is excited about these spirits, but from what I've seen from the trailers, they're some really cool and obscure references to nintendo's history and video game history in general.

I was inspired by the music thread on this site to create this thread: I want to catalogue all the spirits we know of so far and identify them with the help of the smash community.
Though, I've heard reports that there's been over 400 spirits spotted, and there's bound to be even more in the full game...

If you want to help in this thread, post the spirits you've spotted (preferably with evidence, picture or link) and I'll try to add them to this post.

so here is the list of all the spirits we've spotted from pre release footage and screenshots:

-Wrys (Shadow Dragon and The Blade of Light)
-Young Alm & Celica (Echoes: Shadows of Valentia)
-Lyon (Sacred Stones)
-Sigurd (Genealogy of the Holy War (gen 1))
-Severa (Awakening)
-Leo (Fates Conquest)
-Seliph (Genealogy of the Holy War (gen 2))
-Lon'qu (Awakening)
-Nino (Blazing Sword / 7)
-Azura (Fates)
-Lilina (Binding Blade)
-Bord, Cord & Barst (Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light)
-Soren (Path of Radiance)
-Ashnard (Path of Radiance)

I'll update the main post with the findings when I have the time.

An Archie

Smash Cadet
Oh I guess I should link where I found all of the fire emblem characters:

I found Wrys, Young Alm & Celica, Lyon, Sigurd and Severa in the first part (the one with all the spirits scrolling on the screen) on the spirts section of the smash website.
I found Leo on the same page in the "Power up with spirits" section (wait for it to scroll)
And I found Seliph & Lon'qu in the "two types of spirits" section
Nino is below that, as a secondary spirit assigned to Jimmy T.
Azura is part of the expedition crew in the "more ways to play with spirits" section.
Lilina and Bord, Cord & Barst are in this blogpost:
And Soren and Ashnard in this blogpost picture:
I've only looked at the blog so far but I plan to look at the direct for more FE characters.
(If you're wondering why I picked FE characters first, it's because it's probably the only franchise I'm decently confident I won't miss any...)

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
This should be pinned.
Waddle Dee
Waddle Doo
Rocky
Susie
Magolor
I bet I missed a couple but who cares.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I know there were other Fire Emblem characters in it, but without rewatching the Direct, I distinctly remember Hinoka (Fates) was in it as she's the sample Ace Spirit when they're showing the different levels. I feel like I've seen Micaiah, Sothe, Eirika, and Ephraim somewhere too but couldn't point to exactly where on most of them.

Troykv

Smash Master
I know there were other Fire Emblem characters in it, but without rewatching the Direct, I distinctly remember Hinoka (Fates) was in it as she's the sample Ace Spirit when they're showing the different levels. I feel like I've seen Micaiah, Sothe, Eirika, and Ephraim somewhere too but couldn't point to exactly where on most of them.
Micaiah was used as the example of a summonable spirit... She is a Grab Ace Spirit BTW

There are also spirits of Barts/Bord/Cord, Nino, Tharja, Seliph, Sigurd, Owain, Severa, and many more.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I mean...there are pages on the Smash wiki that list all of the known ones, so you could start with that.

An Archie

Smash Cadet
I mean...there are pages on the Smash wiki that list all of the known ones, so you could start with that.
oh wow...
I'll be adding these to the main post eventually but for now maybe check that page to see if you can find any spirits that aren't included in it.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Remember that the Geno we've seen isn't a Spirit, but instead a pic for Battle Arena online, so it's not confirmed (and whoever edited the wiki dun goofed).

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
You should have put this in the list of Spirits thread.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hey Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth , can you drop by and do a thread merge, please?
I only know of one thread and all I know is it's discussing spirits mode in general.

Could you link me the exact thread? That way I know what to search for. For now, I'll leave it open till I know what to merge.

TheRedKnightMC TheRedKnightMC Please don't double post. Edit your messages instead. :)

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I only know of one thread and all I know is it's discussing spirits mode in general.

Could you link me the exact thread? That way I know what to search for. For now, I'll leave it open till I know what to merge.

TheRedKnightMC TheRedKnightMC Please don't double post. Edit your messages instead. :)
This is the thread I was referring to.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
When I said there was already a thread for talking about newly-discovered Spirits, this thread is the one I was referring to. This one. Right here. The one we're reading.
No, what I'm asking is; what threads do you need me to merge?

Or are you asking me to put the link that TheRedKnightMC posted into the Opening Post of this topic? Or am I missing something here?

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
No, what I'm asking is; what threads do you need me to merge?

Or are you asking me to put the link that TheRedKnightMC posted into the Opening Post of this topic? Or am I missing something here?
The threads I wanted merged are already merged. :p

Top Bottom