• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of New Remixes

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I got a lyrics sheet from a discord friend who only says the lyrics are transcribed by "someone"

"You can do it, whelp.
You can claw 'im, gnaw 'im, stone 'im, beat 'im.
I'll do this with my mind, you just obey ME!
And do you stammer, stammer seein' my claw?
You better star me, steam me, see me, scrub me, feed me my cod.
You ready already, or wheezy oh?
And bestial crushin', easy though.
And total-ly the very top
D N A, now!
You need a shanty, shanty, shanty: a song.
You're an extremely scary regent that conquers us all,
You go "

I can't tell if it's just ears hearing what they want to hear, but I actually could sorta see it.

EDIT: also same friend says it's suppossedly what David Wise sounds like, but I don't think i've ever heard him sing so, ehhhh?
I don't think that's David Wise. Sadly, he has confirmed on Twitter that he was not invited to be a part of to the Smash Ultimate soundtrack.
I'm guessing its Tomori Kudo.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
honestly if David wise would be invited to make smash music, the last tracks i would like him to touch are DKC stuff...

We shouldn't pass the chance of some David Wise Mario tracks, or pokemon tracks!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Likewise, with the other series not mentioned that they skimmed over:

Star Fox - 17 total (up from 14 in Smash 4)
Game and Watch - 2 total (same as Smash 4)
Wii Fit - 10 total (up from 6 in Smash 4)
Sonic - 20 total (up from 14 in Smash 4)
Bayonetta - 11 total (same as Smash 4)
Pac-Man - 13 total (up from 3 in Smash 4)
EDIT: Forgot some!
Metroid - 25 total (up from 17 in Smash 4)
Yoshi - 14 total (up from 12 in Smash 4)
Kirby - 39 total (up from 31 in Smash 4)

The Street Fighter boost seems crazy, and it sucks seeing Final Fantasy get shafted like that, unless they're hiding tracks from us.

I'm wondering if they consider ones like Galaga Medley as part of the "Pac-Man" franchise or if there's legit 10 more tracks just related to him
So I counted through the songs that would be classified as other and cane up with approximately 72. However I also counted the retro Namco songs as other.

If the ond Namco songs and the new Galaga medley count as Pac-Man songs, 66 would be the total "other" songs in Smash Wii U

EDIT:
I made this topic on Gamefaqs where I did some Math
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76913506#1

Currently confirmed franchise numbers

Yoshi - 14 total (up from 11 in Smash 4)
Pac-Man - 13 total (up from 3 in Smash 4*)
Final Fantasy - 2 total (same as Smash 4)
Street Fighter - 36 (up from 6 in Smash 4)
Splatoon - 23
Castlevania - 34

That's 246 of the 800+ soundtrack accommodated for

There's also 99 "other" which I approximate is up from 66-72 Smash Wii U, depends how the retro Namco songs are counted as Pac-Man or not, bringing up to amount of accommodated songs to 345

That leaves
1. Mario 45
2. Mario Spin-off 25
3. Donkey Kong 19
4. Legend of Zelda 34
5. Pokemon 23
6. Earthbound 9
7. F-Zero 15
8. Fire Emblem 23
9. Wario 6*
10. Kid Icarus 13
11. Pikmin 8
12. Metal Gear
13. Animal Crossing 11
14. Punch-Out 5
15. Mega Man 10
16. Xenoblade 8

254 is the total for these franchises counting the songs they had in Smash Wii U. Of course Metal Gear didn't have any songs in Smash Wii U. But if we count the songs it had in Brawl, it had 9. Bringing it up 263. Wario had less songs in Smash Wii U then it did in Brawl, but I'll leave it as is.

Adding the two totals brings us to 608 songs.

That Leaves about 200 songs to be spread across the above 16 franchises. That's about 12.5 each. Of course Mario will likely take a huge chunk of that. I could also see Mega Man, Metal Gear and maybe Xenoblade getting a larger than average increase. And of course we don't know if there are more franchises or not (I personally don't think there is)

So maybe
That leaves
1. Mario 45 + 25
2. Mario Spin-off 25 +17
3. Donkey Kong 19 + 8
4. Legend of Zelda 34 + 17
5. Pokemon 23 + 9
6. Earthbound 9 + 6
7. F-Zero 15 + 5
8. Fire Emblem 23 + 15
9. Wario 6* + 12 (Probably get those Brawl songs back)
10. Kid Icarus 13 + 10
11. Pikmin 8 + 4
12. Metal Gear 9 + 26
13. Animal Crossing 11 + 8
14. Punch-Out 5 + 11
15. Mega Man 10 + 24
16. Xenoblade 8 + 21

That's 218 new unaccounted spread as a guess

Man I can't wait to see the full soundtrack

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
So I counted through the songs that would be classified as other and cane up with approximately 72. However I also counted the retro Namco songs as other.

If the ond Namco songs and the new Galaga medley count as Pac-Man songs, 66 would be the total "other" songs in Smash Wii U

EDIT:
I made this topic on Gamefaqs where I did some Math
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76913506#1

Currently confirmed franchise numbers

Yoshi - 14 total (up from 11 in Smash 4)
Pac-Man - 13 total (up from 3 in Smash 4*)
Final Fantasy - 2 total (same as Smash 4)
Street Fighter - 36 (up from 6 in Smash 4)
Splatoon - 23
Castlevania - 34

That's 246 of the 800+ soundtrack accommodated for

There's also 99 "other" which I approximate is up from 66-72 Smash Wii U, depends how the retro Namco songs are counted as Pac-Man or not, bringing up to amount of accommodated songs to 345

That leaves
1. Mario 45
2. Mario Spin-off 25
3. Donkey Kong 19
4. Legend of Zelda 34
5. Pokemon 23
6. Earthbound 9
7. F-Zero 15
8. Fire Emblem 23
9. Wario 6*
10. Kid Icarus 13
11. Pikmin 8
12. Metal Gear
13. Animal Crossing 11
14. Punch-Out 5
15. Mega Man 10
16. Xenoblade 8

254 is the total for these franchises counting the songs they had in Smash Wii U. Of course Metal Gear didn't have any songs in Smash Wii U. But if we count the songs it had in Brawl, it had 9. Bringing it up 263. Wario had less songs in Smash Wii U then it did in Brawl, but I'll leave it as is.

Adding the two totals brings us to 608 songs.

That Leaves about 200 songs to be spread across the above 16 franchises. That's about 12.5 each. Of course Mario will likely take a huge chunk of that. I could also see Mega Man, Metal Gear and maybe Xenoblade getting a larger than average increase. And of course we don't know if there are more franchises or not (I personally don't think there is)

So maybe
That leaves
1. Mario 45 + 25
2. Mario Spin-off 25 +17
3. Donkey Kong 19 + 8
4. Legend of Zelda 34 + 17
5. Pokemon 23 + 9
6. Earthbound 9 + 6
7. F-Zero 15 + 5
8. Fire Emblem 23 + 15
9. Wario 6* + 12 (Probably get those Brawl songs back)
10. Kid Icarus 13 + 10
11. Pikmin 8 + 4
12. Metal Gear 9 + 26
13. Animal Crossing 11 + 8
14. Punch-Out 5 + 11
15. Mega Man 10 + 24
16. Xenoblade 8 + 21

That's 218 new unaccounted spread as a guess

Man I can't wait to see the full soundtrack
Thank you for this insightful analysis. Boy, this soundtrack is going to be massive.

Did you account for the songs that were cut from Melee and Brawl? Here's a list of songs that didn't make it into SSB4. I think there's a decent chance that most of those will return for Ultimate.

I hope some of those Mario spin-off songs are from Paper Mario / Mario & Luigi! The Mario RPGs need more love in Smash.

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
Also, even though it's really just 1 per series, there would be the 64 tracks as well possibly (and I do think there's a good chance every 64 stage song will return: even sector Z and planet zebes)

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Thank you for this insightful analysis. Boy, this soundtrack is going to be massive.

Did you account for the songs that were cut from Melee and Brawl? Here's a list of songs that didn't make it into SSB4. I think there's a decent chance that most of those will return for Ultimate.

I hope some of those Mario spin-off songs are from Paper Mario / Mario & Luigi! The Mario RPGs need more love in Smash.
Do we know of any other returning cut songs aside from Molgera Battle and the Metal Gear songs (and probably fourside)? Also, we totally need more Mario RPG music. Even Sticker Star's music was great despite being a bad game. We need lots more Mario RPG music.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton

With the exception of Metal Gear for obvious reasons, I just counted songs from Smash 3DS/WiiU (although I'll admit forgetting Lumiose City)

This is just to give a rough idea of what to expect

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Of note:
In the new Ridley/Dark Samus v Chrom/Lucina fight that came out today, the music on the Brinstar stage is the new Metroid remix from the Smash website, but it's not called "V2", simply "Brinstar Depths". Makes me wonder if the original version isn't coming back.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Of note:
In the new Ridley/Dark Samus v Chrom/Lucina fight that came out today, the music on the Brinstar stage is the new Metroid remix from the Smash website, but it's not called "V2", simply "Brinstar Depths". Makes me wonder if the original version isn't coming back.
Maybe it will be called Brinstar Depths (Melee). I didn't think they would remove it with the original stage coming back, but fourside hasn't returned even once, so it is possible I guess.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Of note:
I noticed the same thing with ID Purpose (if the one playing in that video is the remix) and Gangplank Galleon. These two songs both have remixes and originals in past Smash games.

As for today's music in a couple minutes, I would hope for Xenoblade music, but considering ACE did last week's track, I'm now hoping for EarthBound music.

EDIT: We got music for Fire Emblem heroes of all things today. This brings FE up to 5 tracks, and seeing that we know have the same number of remixes for Fire Emblem as in Brawl makes me very hopeful that this soundtrack is as expansive and grand as Brawl's.

As for the track itself, I've been playing a lot of Heroes lately, so seeing the normal menu theme transition into something faster was a nice surprise, I can't wait to hear the full version.

Last edited:

Gloyd

Smash Rookie
Wow wasnt expecting fire emblem
I was hoping to see some more fates track but this is good too

Last edited:

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
Anyone know which game it’s from?
The Fire Emblem mobile game; Fire Emblem Heroes. More specifically this is an arrangement of the trackthat plays whist traversing the game’s menus.

As for my personal thoughts on the track; it was a lovely pleasure surprise. Not once did it cross my mind that FEH could get a arrangement of one of its original tracks, least have it be the website Fire Emblem arrangement sample (assuring their is one sample per franchise).

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Wow, that was about the last thing I expected when I checked for new music. :surprised:

Not complaining though, this remix grew on me quick, and while it’s not the first remix I’d have chosen for Fire Emblem, I think it’s rad that Smash is even referencing FEH at all. This was a fun surprise, and a good track to boot!

bentendo222

Smash Apprentice
So we actually got a remix of a song from one of Nintendo's mobile games! That's pretty surprising! So with this song coming out, we could possibly be seeing more songs from their mobile games like Super Mario Run, AC Pocket Camp, and maybe even Pokemon Go!

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Honestly, I was a tad disappointed to see a Fire Emblem track show up. I'm happy for fans of FEH, but... as someone who doesn't care for Fire Emblem, this song does nothing for me. Plus, we already knew of 4 other new Fire Emblem songs (that's more than the confirmed Mario remixes!) - and some franchises still have no new remixes confirmed at all, like EarthBound, Yoshi, Xenoblade, and Kid Icarus! But oh well, there's always next week.

That being said, its a pretty neat sounding remix, especially when compared to the original. Plus, a remix of a song from a mobile game is a nice surprise. Certainly extends what is "eligible" for a Smash remix - now I'm hoping for a Miitomo medley (or just a remix of the lovely "Home" theme!)

Last edited:

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Not sure I can picture this one working very well on any of the existing FE stages, but at least it’s another piece of evidence that music from post 2015 games is possible! Bring on that sweet, sweet Xenoblade Chronicles 2 soundtrack :shades:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Not sure I can picture this one working very well on any of the existing FE stages, but at least it’s another piece of evidence that music from post 2015 games is possible! Bring on that sweet, sweet Xenoblade Chronicles 2 soundtrack :shades:
I can see the part after the opening fitting really well for the colloseum stage

King Zekrom

Smash Apprentice
I don't think music from post 2015 games was a problem, seeing as we have BoTW/Odyssey/SunMoon music, maybe music post 2017 would be a bigger problem.

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
I guess this is kind of random, but for the heck of it I was compiling all the music used in previous games for something (outside original smash music) and somehow, when i got to starfox, I realized something I'm not sure has a been mentioned/thought of yet. On the song list in the direct, There is a song labeled star fox medley and seems to be from the SNES game given it's placement. Then i noticed "Corneria" (as in the song playing on corneria in melee which in fact originated from the snes game's version of venom, the space armada, and map) was not on that list. I believe it's now been officially renamed to better suit what the song was. The song itself was already in fox's video, but I thought the name change may as well be pointed out.

EDIT: Also, there's a song marked "star wolf", and then a second one marked "star wolf (brawl)." I think that could mean there's a new remix of the theme. I want to say that's what's in his trailer, but I'm listening to it now and having a hard time detecting if it's new or an older mix

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I guess this is kind of random, but for the heck of it I was compiling all the music used in previous games for something (outside original smash music) and somehow, when i got to starfox, I realized something I'm not sure has a been mentioned/thought of yet. On the song list in the direct, There is a song labeled star fox medley and seems to be from the SNES game given it's placement. Then i noticed "Corneria" (as in the song playing on corneria in melee which in fact originated from the snes game's version of venom, the space armada, and map) was not on that list. I believe it's now been officially renamed to better suit what the song was. The song itself was already in fox's video, but I thought the name change may as well be pointed out.

EDIT: Also, there's a song marked "star wolf", and then a second one marked "star wolf (brawl)." I think that could mean there's a new remix of the theme. I want to say that's what's in his trailer, but I'm listening to it now and having a hard time detecting if it's new or an older mix
Okay, so I guess it's safe to assume then that songs from past games that get a new remix will be named "song (64/Melee/Brawl/4)."
Brinstar Depths (Melee) is really good, so hopefully this is the case. Also, it seems the other Star Wolf is just the original version, as it does not have the pink mark.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Just think about how little we really know, they've revealed a handful of songs officially and a few more unofficially revealed, and yet...the idea that there are hundreds more...it's almost intimidating.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
According to Nintendo Everything's translation of Sakurai's Famitsu column:

"The number of songs you’ll hear in the stages alone is around 800 – that’s over 27 hours of music!! We’ve accumulated everything up until this point in the series, and that’s nothing to scoff at. We must’ve been aiming for a Guinness World Record or something!" (emphasis mine)

So does that really mean what I think it means? Because as amazing as some of these remixes are, I love me some MIDI soundtracks from the 64 game too.

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
I think we're pretty much guarnteed every 64 stage song (even without sector z, the direct confirms the sector z theme is there, I think all that's left is zebes).

I think we also have a shot at maybe either port or remix of bonus, polygons, metal mario, and/or master hand, all of which would be fantastic to hear

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Actually what I was really wondering about is if Sakurai’s statement confirms that every song/remix in Smash Bros history will be in this game. I just didn’t want to sound redundant :)

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
wonder if we'll get some music from the other moblie games
I'd love to see Remix 10 from Super Mario Run in an extended version perhaps. It's such a catchy theme!

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
So Source Gaming’s translation is pretty different from Nintendo Everything’s. If we go by what it says, than Sakurai doesn’t seem to say “every song is back”...

“You can listen to roughly 800 tracks across the various stages! That’s over 27 hours of music! Of course, we’ve built that tracklist on top of previous versions of the game, but it’s still a pretty incredible amount of music. We might even be able to earn a Guinness World Record.”

As opposed to Nintendo Everything’s version.

"The number of songs you’ll hear in the stages alone is around 800 – that’s over 27 hours of music!! We’ve accumulated everything up until this point in the series, and that’s nothing to scoff at. We must’ve been aiming for a Guinness World Record or something!"

Not knowing Japanese myself it’s hard to say which is more accurate. It’s pretty fun comparing the two translations though, I feel like I’m back in Bible college :)

That being said, as far as songs I want to see in the game, I’m personally hoping for a remix of Gladion’s battle theme from Pokémon Sun and Moon. My other two choices are more of a long shot:

I’d love some sort of a medley of Wave Race 64 songs, maybe for Wuhu Island. In my opinion it’s a pretty underappreciated soundtrack. I’ve seen some reviews say it’s pretty forgettable but I love Sunny Beach, Dolphin Park and Drake Lake.

Also, the 90s kid in me wants the classic 4kids Pokémon theme song as a track option for the Pokemon stages. I know it’s from a dub and not the original anime but it was released in Japan at one point with the First Movie “soundtrack”. (Source: WTPT podcast)

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking about this the other day and was wondering if some of you guys think that like the stages and characters they prioritized bringing back as much previous music from past installments as they could rather then include more new remixes or ported tracks from source games?

I still find it weird that neither Dark Samus' boss themes that accompanied her in Metroid Prime 2 and 3 didn't seem to be considered a lock as far as brand new additions went.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
say have we seen how many zelda tracks in this game compared to last time?
I don't think the amount of tracks has been confirmed for the Zelda series yet. I'm guessing its going to be one of the more sizable increases, much like Mario it usually gets a lot of new tracks per game.

I’d love some sort of a medley of Wave Race 64 songs, maybe for Wuhu Island. In my opinion it’s a pretty underappreciated soundtrack. I’ve seen some reviews say it’s pretty forgettable but I love Sunny Beach, Dolphin Park and Drake Lake.
I could totally see this working on the Wuhu Island or Pilotwings stage!

I was thinking about this the other day and was wondering if some of you guys think that like the stages and characters they prioritized bringing back as much previous music from past installments as they could rather then include more new remixes or ported tracks from source games?

I still find it weird that neither Dark Samus' boss themes that accompanied her in Metroid Prime 2 and 3 didn't seem to be considered a lock as far as brand new additions went.
I have a slight fear that this is the case. But, lets not forget that we have only scratched the surface of the soundtrack so far - not even a quarter of the total number of tracks. So there's still a lot more to come!

One thing I've noticed is that they seem to be going back and making new remixes for stages that never got a specific remix. For example, we got a Delfino stage back in Brawl but never had a remix of the Delfino Plaza theme until now. Other examples are Garden of Hope, Termina Field (for Great Bay), and Vs. Parasite Queen (for Frigate Orpheon).
Other potential songs we might get along these lines:
-Green Hill Zone (Sonic the Hedgehog)
-Hyrule Field (Twilight Princess) - for Bridge of Eldin
-Circuit (Mario Kart DS or Mario Kart: Double Dash!!) - for Figure-8 Circuit
-Circuit (Mario Kart 8) - for Mario Circuit
-Overworld (Super Mario Bros. 2) - for Mushroom Kingdom II
-Overworld (New Super Mario Bros. U) - for Mushroom Kingdom U
-Inside the Castle (Super Mario 64) - for Peach's Castle
-Skyloft (Skyward Sword)
-Gaur Plain (Xenoblade Chronicles)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I don't think the amount of tracks has been confirmed for the Zelda series yet. I'm guessing its going to be one of the more sizable increases, much like Mario it usually gets a lot of new tracks per game.
just hope theres a bit more variety

D

Deleted member

While I know the main franchise on topic right now is Xenoblade, but man, I've been looking across the Metal Gear Solid franchise, and man. MAN. No wonder why Sakurai caved in for Kojima in Brawl. There was even a MGS4 song, and MGS4 wasn't out yet and never gonna appear on a Nintendo console. Now we got a freakin' SNAKE EATER remix!

Looking back at Brawl, I feel as if they did Metal Gear justice, so I hope that the new Snake Eater remix, Snake, Gray Fox and Shadow Moses Island being back isn't gonna be all of it, especially if Castlevania got so much love. Maybe, since it happened before with MGS4... Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain music?

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
Okay, so I actually ended up working on a sort of "side project" when it comes to music, trying to count the amount of songs from different universes in EVERY previous smash game, and now I'm done (having used the smahs wiki to check the different pages). However, a couple of things to note first (most of which are probably obvious):

I'm not counting smash original songs because I felt those generally have some more potential to be dropped. While I do assume we'll get some menus, final destinations, battlefields, boss themes, bonus themes, ect. it just felt like too many variables. I will at least say we've heard about the ultimate theme and 4 variations or so, and the melee menu music (IIRC in the trailer it was one of Brawl's remixes). In that regard, even though it's pretty heavily based on a kirby track and the smash wiki even considers it to be a part of it, I am NOT counting the kirby super star save remix in melee's all star.

Various minor themes spawned by items, final smashes, assist trophies, victory themes, those warioware tunes, ect. are not counted. the one exception is the golden hammer/wrecking crew power up theme in brawl (even if it all but isn't coming back: more later).

Minor variations such as the shortened DK rap in smash 4, brawl's version of melee icicile mountain, ect. are not counted.

Unused themes aren't counted. Neither are songs that only appeared in trailers (kirby air ride theme, bowse jr floatilla, theme of ff7, ect.)

I am not counting things like slight variations (e.g. autumn obstacle course, 8-bit mario hurry up, ect.) or song switches as their own thing, with semi-excpetion of Paper Mario medley being one song. They will be put in parenthesis.

Even if certain songs are all but guaranteed to not come in (direct port of delfino plaza, the brawl DKC map and bonus theme, ect.) I still counted them on the minuscule chance they could come in (such things have happened in the past). I will at least note if the music menus for ultimate didn't show them at all and all but confirmed they'd be gone but bear in mind I still WILL be counting them as part of the number.

Facts about what we know for the series in ultimate are listed after the amount of songs

Lastly, there are one or two songs where perhaps the series they belong to is a little ambiguous. I note them when I get to which series they're in/not in.

Okay, on with the list (remember, numbers are cuumluative of every game and reflect everything up to 4, not ultimate.)

Mario main games (mario bros arcade, SMB1-3, SMW, SML, SM64, SMS, NSMB, SMG, SM3D, Maker, Odyssey): 47 (in addition, there's the classic 8-bit overworld "hurry up," Classic SMB2 Boss theme, and Maker style switch which, if all counted, would be 50. Also Brawl counts Arcade mario bros as other, I count it as Mario).

Mario Side games/everything else: 26 (Brawl counts chill and power tennis/toadstool tour as other for some reason, I don't)

Total Mario: 73 (76 if others are counted). Donkey Kong arcade songs are part of DK series, Wrecking crew, and 3d hot rally are under other. In ultimate, we have remixes of Bowser battle from SMB3 and Delfino Plaza, as well as a direct port of Jump up super star that also has a special stage gimmick on New donk hall for main series. For side series, we have the new luigi's mansion remix, and a direct port of Classic tennis from ultra Smash.

Donkey Kong: 22. In ultimate, there's the new remixes of bonus room blitz/map and Gangplank galleon

Zelda: 37. In ultimate there's the termina field, triforce heroes title theme, and botw theme remixes. BOTW trailer theme and triforce heroes woodlands shown as songs, could perhaps be ports or new remixe? Also potentially slim chance one or two other songs on the list are new remixes, but I doubt it. Also also, slight thought: Woodlands MIGHT be a medley of the actual woodlands theme and title given title wasn't listed, but that list was missing quite a few others.

Metroid: 19. In ultimate, there's remixes of brinstar depths, parasite queen, and ridley, as well as ports of the federation force splash screen and torrid zone from samus returns. Original direct port of parasite queen very likely gone as it was missing from list. 25 songs listed.

Yoshi: 12 (13 if the autumn/winter variation of obstacle course is counted. Also, Yoshi's island melee is counted under mario) Ultimate lists a total of 14.

Kirby 33 (There is also the stage switch of dream land GB. the individual songs are counted seperately in that 33). In ultimate, city trial remix and 39 songs total.

Star Fox: 15. 17 songs cofirmed for ultimate. Direct port song labelled as "star wolf" could be the assault theme which is counted, may be direct port of 64 version given lack of "assault" label and placement in 64 section, which would be new.

Pokemon: 26. Sun/Moon trainer remix in ultimate.

F-Zero: 15. F-Zero Medley in Ultimate.

Mother/Earthbound: 12.

Fire Emblem: 23. Ultimate has remixes of beyond distant skies, Id (purpose), Destiny (ablaze), Lost in thoughts all alone, Gear up.

Game And Watch: 2, same in ultimate.

Kid Icarus: 15

Wario: 11 (counts the JP exclusive Ashley's song ver 2.)

Pikmin 11 (counts environmental noises). Garden of Hope Remix in ultimate

Metal Gear: 9. Snake Eater Remix in ultimate.

Sonic: 18. 20 in ultimate.

Animal Crossing: 17 (counts the six KK rider songs). Animal crossing wild world title remix in Ultimate.

Wii Fit: 6. Wii Fit U training menu remix in ultimate. 10 total.

Punch Out: 5

Xenoblade: 8

Mega Man: 10. Wood man, mega man 4 medley, and X central highway in ultimate.

Pac-man/Namco: 10. (I personally believe Namco songs will be grouped with pac-man, given he embodies a lot of other namco. I will admit the website gives the namco song an other icon though, so count as you will. 3 of the songs are pac-man, 7 are namco). Galaga medley in ultimate, 13 listed for pac-man.

Street fighter: 6 (there's also four critical variations for Ryu type a, ryu type b, Ken type a, ken type b). In ultimate, Vega remix and 36 songs total.

Final Fantasy: 2, same in ultimate.

Bayonetta: 11, same in ultimate (also, technically one song is the bayonetta remix of after burner if that means anything).

Other: 75. This includes likes of ice climbers, Rob, Duck hunt, stage universes, and both versions of the famicom medley which included songs from other series. In ultimate, 97 total are listed, and there are remixes of Duck hunt medley, save the world heroes, wrecking crew medley, and noisy notebook. Direct Port of rathalos theme. it's very likely the 8-bit baloon fight from melee and Douchuumen (8-bit muramase castle in brawl) are cut as they do not appear near other songs from their series. Only one famicom medley is listed, could be Brawl, 4, or even new version.

And informal documentation of new universes

Splatoon: 23 listed, with remixes of splattack and bomb rush blush, as well as ports of splattack, calamari inkantation, ink me up, and ink or sink. (I don't know if now or never is remix or port, I'm gonna guess port. Either way, so far only appeared at certain time.)

Castlevania: 34 listed. Confirmed remixes of vampire killer, out of time, bloody tears/monster dance, and divine bloodlines. Ports of Vampire killer, nothing to lose, and dracula's castle. Status of rest of songs unkown. Also, in similar vein to after burner, contains what appears to be the castlevania remix of different game theme (Go getsu famu)

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
It's music day boys!
Hoping for either EarthBound or Xenoblade music. I know it's a pipe dream at this point, but I'm holding out hope.

Top Bottom