• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of New Remixes

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Great thread, but taking a look at the OP, and I found one of the composers' entries to have a few errors:

Motoi Sakuraba (Yakuza series)
-Main Theme (Super Smash Bros. Ultimate)
1. For composer Motoi Sakuraba, you have the Smash Bros. Ultimate theme attributed to him, when Hideki Sakamoto is the composer for that song.
2. He hasn't done work in the Yakuza series, but he's known for his work in the following series: Tales, Dark Souls, Golden Sun, Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, Baten Kaitos and Star Ocean. He's also worked on Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Otherwise, it's all nicely organized with what we know about the music in Ultimate. Good reference.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Great thread, but taking a look at the OP, and I found one of the composers' entries to have a few errors:

1. For composer Motoi Sakuraba, you have the Smash Bros. Ultimate theme attributed to him, when Hideki Sakamoto is the composer for that song.
2. He hasn't done work in the Yakuza series, but he's known for his work in the following series: Tales, Dark Souls, Golden Sun, Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, Baten Kaitos and Star Ocean. He's also worked on Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Otherwise, it's all nicely organized with what we know about the music in Ultimate. Good reference.
Thank you for pointing that out. I think it was a copy/paste error I made when updating the post.

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
So, new pokemon one up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYF33jr_57Y&feature=youtu.be

Interesting how it's specifically listed as being from the remakes: it's not like a direct port, so I guess it's either virtue of being closer to the remake version, and/or because that was the version that came out sooner

It makes me curious how it will be listed in game then: grouped with the old gen 3 remixes, or after the gen 6 songs?

Also, that makes one of the "guarnteed 8" I figured, though I've kinda loosened my stance on punch out not getting any new remixes so I guess now I figure there's still 8 guaranteed ones left after all (though sonic disappointing us and going to 7 isn't out of the question)

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Now THIS is some good ****. I love me some Pokémon music, and this remix makes an already good theme even better.

Also, this either kills the Music Theory or knocks a Pokémon newcomer out of the running. Personally I’m going with the former, but I never put stock in that thing anyways.

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
So, new pokemon one up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYF33jr_57Y&feature=youtu.be

Interesting how it's specifically listed as being from the remakes: it's not like a direct port, so I guess it's either virtue of being closer to the remake version, and/or because that was the version that came out sooner

It makes me curious how it will be listed in game then: grouped with the old gen 3 remixes, or after the gen 6 songs?

Also, that makes one of the "guarnteed 8" I figured, though I've kinda loosened my stance on punch out not getting any new remixes so I guess now I figure there's still 8 guaranteed ones left after all (though sonic disappointing us and going to 7 isn't out of the question)
We still have a bunch more weeks to go.

Any one of em could have a punch out or sonic remix.

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
We still have a bunch more weeks to go.

Any one of em could have a punch out or sonic remix.
I know, it's just, for punch out I kind of half felt like it seemed small and old enough they might not do a remix, but thinking more, I can see a token new one or two songs

As for sonic, I'm perhaps a tad cynical we haven't had a sonic remix since brawl, (and that was just one) and I don't see them playing old remixes/ported tunes on the website., but I am open to the idea we might finally get a new one or two.

also, the point was more that those might be songs in the upcoming weeks, not that "oh, now we're sure not to get any"

Side thing, but I looked up this new composer, all I could find him under is BotW work, which I don't recall having guitars. Neat how they seem to be letting a newer composer handle some songs

EDIT: Also, read theory it could be possible An ORAS specific song is attached and part of a medley? while I don't quite think they'll outright lie with the labels like that, I suppose it could be considered?

Last edited:

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Now THIS is some good ****. I love me some Pokémon music, and this remix makes an already good theme even better.

Also, this either kills the Music Theory or knocks a Pokémon newcomer out of the running. Personally I’m going with the former, but I never put stock in that thing anyways.
If I lean towards the latter, that means one of us has to be correct, right?

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Okay, the main post is finally updated. I added the new song as an option for the poll, please go ahead and retake it if this song has made it into your top 3!

Its pretty cool, not super familiar with the original but its definitely a nice remix.

Personally I don't think a Pokemon song on the website is necessarily a dis-confirmation of a new Pokemon character. I don't think every newcomer necessarily has to have a song on the website that accompanies their reveal. But I guess we'll see.

WiiRool

Smash Cadet
NNID
WiiRool
Switch FC
SW-2514-2416-3131
Oh man, it doesn't matter what game you take this song from, Steven's theme is always good.

I wanna add that the music that is arranged for this game can be pretty much anything. To my understanding the composers were told to make an arrangement of whatever song they wanted. In the latest Smash Direct it was said that songs from the Castlevania and Mega Man series were particularly popular among the music team.

So music doesn't necessarily have to hint towards something like a character that goes with it. I'm not gonna say that it can't though. ;)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
pokemon song at last

also interestingly steven is trainer of the month pokemon's uk website

King Zekrom

Smash Apprentice
This might be controversial, and I don't dislike Steven or his theme, but I can't help but feel this is one of the blandest themes they could have chosen. I think it would have been cooler to get the Primal Groudon, Frontier Brain, or Zinnia themes from ORAS, but this isn't bad at all

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Anyone know what series don't have music on the site yet? Ignoring the ones that fit into the "other" category, we have:

:ultbayonetta:(Music number is the same as last time, so I don't think we're getting anything new)
:ultcloud:(Same case as with Bayonetta, as depressing as that is)
:ultfox:
:ultlittlemac:
:ultness:
:ultpit:
:ultshulk:
:ultwario:
:ultsonic:
:ultwiifittrainer:

So basically please let me get Xenoblade or EarthBound music today

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
Honestly, I'd love pretty much anything besides xenoblade, wii fit, or kid icarus (not that I'd be angry if we get one, more just those are ones I don't care about admittedly)

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
Anyone know what series don't have music on the site yet? Ignoring the ones that fit into the "other" category, we have:

:ultbayonetta:(Music number is the same as last time, so I don't think we're getting anything new)
:ultcloud:(Same case as with Bayonetta, as depressing as that is)
:ultfox:
:ultlittlemac:
:ultness:
:ultpit:
:ultshulk:
:ultwario:
:ultsonic:
:ultwiifittrainer:

So basically please let me get Xenoblade or EarthBound music today
I honestly have a hard time believeing Bayo won't get any new additions, whether remix or port, considering she had the most songs included of the post DLC brand new third party universes last time as well as two Smash exclusive arrangements.

Then again her universe could also be victim of hefty licensing fees or severe red tape.

Also remember that Sakurai did mention they were still making adjustments to the overall soundtrack in that one Famitsu column.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I honestly have a hard time believeing Bayo won't get any new additions, whether remix or port, considering she had the most songs included of the post DLC brand new third party universes last time as well as two Smash exclusive arrangements.

Then again her universe could also be victim of hefty licensing fees or severe red tape.

Also remember that Sakurai did mention they were still making adjustments to the overall soundtrack in that one Famitsu column.
I'm mostly saying it because during the direct it showed she had 11 (I believe was the number) and that was how many songs she had in 4.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I’m not a betting man, but I’m feeling like this might be an “Other” kind of week. We’ll see soon enough, won’t we?

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
At least for Bayo, I think there is some potential that there's perhaps something like one the songs being a remix instead of a port and/or one or two songs were replaced out of the 11, but I don't really feel like there was any super obvious choice they'd take out (besides maaaaaaaybe the after burner remix because it's technically from another game, but even so, I feel like it'd be odd to put a song with that sort of status in, only to immediately remove it)

As for Earthbound/Mother, dang there's just so many songs I'd love: Sanctuary guardian/battle with a dangerous foe,, Kraken of the sea, Porky means business/stop existing, Master Porky's theme (as in the specific porky boss theme from mother 3, not just the pigmask theme), natural killer cyborg. If we branch into other types of songs, the performance songs (runaway five, DCMC, live house), paradise line, threed freed, winters white, attic's a dungeon, f-f-fire (maybe mixed in with forest of flames), going alone/Happy town? I would say pork tank and mecha drago in the first category, but they seem too slow based on that comment about intense songs.

All that said, for some reason, I kinda half expect mother/earthbound to be one of the last remixes revealed, but I guess there's no real way to tell any sort of pattern for what series get's chosen; beyond that one or two times a song release does match up.

Actually, I will say, now all of a sudden I've got a gut feeling it will be kid icarus. Will be interesting to see if i was right I guess

Nope: a new one for the other category, thought it doesn't have the random logo but tomodachi one instead

Last edited:

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
It's Tomadachi Life boys, I'll see you nexct week to overhype myself for EarthBound music and get disappointed again
https://youtu.be/GRAAwIe17jw
Yeah, that's kinda the cycle at this point

But, IIRC, we have nine songs left before release, and there's still 8 franchises that seem to have some level of chance. so, either we get all of them and one new franchise, or at least one or two of the 8 gets no new songs

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Hmm, it's by no means a bad remix, but it feels a little... redundant?
Besides its faster tempo, its not that different from the Tomodachi remix we already have. It's certainly catchier and probably better suited for a fast-paced battle, but I wish they went for a different song from the game, or maybe something from Miitomo or Miitopia.

Oh well... just a nitpick, I can't complain. I do like the violin a lot. Maybe I'm just getting too antsy for an EarthBound remix haha

Interesting: the website credits this arrangement to "Masashi Takada", while the Smash blog says it was arranged by Masafumi Takada (of No More Heroes, Godhand, Daganronpa, et cetera). I assume the website's listing is an error, as I can't find any "Masashi Takada" who is a composer in the video game industry... just an actor for Super Sentai shows

Last edited:

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
Yeah I was looking up masashi too and getting nothing. I was wondering if it was new blood, but if the blog does say masafumi i trust that.

interestingly though, I actually found what seemed to say he did the smash 4 arrangement of tomodachi life as well. Maybe he just really wanted a take 2?

Gotta admit, if he just did another version of an old smash remix, I kinda woulda preferred lip's theme, yoshi's story ending, or shin onigashimas

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I was kind of right??? Technically Tomodachi Life is not “Other” since it’s got a series icon, but I’m counting it.

I can’t hear anything relating to this game without thinking of Vinny. Thinking of flooding my Switch with Jahns just so they all show up on this stage.

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
So, a last observation: interestingly on the website, the title of origin is tomodachi life / Tomodachi Collection. Tomodachi Collection is apparently a japan only classic DS predecessor to life, and the song in life was basically just a redo of the collection version. Perhaps it means they might give multiple games of origins to certain songs outside of medlies, though I wonder if it's based on anything like Origin of song + most popular use or version that inspired the specific smash remix? But then of course there's the whole "ORAS but no RSE" for Steven last week so eh?

(Oh, and also that in a way, perhaps this is like a song for the miis? Granted they have the smash logo while this is tomodachi plus this is probably just going in other in the final game. Maybe it's kinda like Pac-man where I still think the galga medley could be all he gets, except in this case the miis are kinda being seperated from the smash series? Or maybe I'm just hoping there won't be any more "other" so i feel more confident certain franchises will get on the website lol)

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
The survey is updated!
You know the drill. Retake the survey if the new track has made your top three!

When updating the first post, I was struck by just how many remixes we are getting from 3DS games. It's tied with NES for having 10 remixes so far - that's a significant quantity considering that the next highest remix total is 5, for SNES and GameCube. NES makes sense - lots of classic songs there - but I wonder why 3DS games are getting so much attention in Smash?

lip's theme
YES - this was one of my favourite remixes in Brawl's whole soundtrack. Top five, probably. I'd kill for another Panel de Pon song!

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
This is sort of a prediction but mostly something I hope for, but I think it'd be nice if we got a "Smash Bros Medley" incorporating the main theme from each game.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
not a bad little remix from tomodachi life, was hoping for a new tune like the musical song, but cant win em all

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
If at least half the returning stages get new remixes of their "default" song, I'd definitely be happy. Don't see it as a competition/thing to get disappointed about.

I say this having liked the original Tomadachi Life song on 3DS, but I'm very glad at least one song on the stage will be at least somewhat battle-fitting.

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
If at least half the returning stages get new remixes of their "default" song, I'd definitely be happy. Don't see it as a competition/thing to get disappointed about.

I say this having liked the original Tomadachi Life song on 3DS, but I'm very glad at least one song on the stage will be at least somewhat battle-fitting.
I sorta figure it's that A) the "once a game remixes (mario theme, zelda theme, brinstar, pokemon theme, mute city etc.) are generally guarnteed in some form and B) the 3ds stage songs that were direct ports probably will get remixes (except for final fantasy and bayonetta). T

To be blunt on my opinion, I personally don't see why the song maker felt Tomodachi Life's theme was so good/interesting for remix potential, but I guess I that's his choice. Though, on that note, I wondered before if there were any sort of songs required for remixes. given how Sakurai said he let the muscians choose and that for the good songs no one chose, they might just put them in as is (such as jump up super star or calamari inkantation). But if say no muscian wanted to do a new wario or mother/earthbound song, would they just accept that, or would they tell one of them "okay, you need to remix X song"?

Guess at the very least, if there's no new mother/earthbound or punch out or wario remix in the final game, that means there is no sort of "at least one remix per series" thing.

Last edited:

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
But if say no muscian wanted to do a new wario or mother/earthbound song, would they just accept that, or would they tell one of them "okay, you need to remix X song"?
Speaking of Wario...now that the composers themselves are in charge of what gets remixed, there may yet be hope for one of his platformer games actually getting music in Smash!

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
Speaking of Wario...now that the composers themselves are in charge of what gets remixed, there may yet be hope for one of his platformer games actually getting music in Smash!
That's kind of been my big hope for the day a wario track gets on the website (granted, even if they put warioware up there it doesn't guarntee a lack of platformer music)

Though, a part of me almost worries that, because I feel like Wario land isn't really known for music (to clarify here: I personally think there are a ton of great platformer wario tracks. But I feel like I've only generally heard people mention tiny amounts of land 2, 4, and world tracks. Obviously those aren't the only good ones, I think there's tons, just personally I don't often see Wario music coming from the popular remixers or nintendo tracks) I almost wonder if that could mean a) Sakurai never thought to include any of those songs in that giant folder of music he sent, or B) none of the composers really thought "oh man, I'd love a crack at wario land's score." Still, I think it has a decent chance

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
That's kind of been my big hope for the day a wario track gets on the website (granted, even if they put warioware up there it doesn't guarntee a lack of platformer music)

Though, a part of me almost worries that, because I feel like Wario land isn't really known for music (to clarify here: I personally think there are a ton of great platformer wario tracks. But I feel like I've only generally heard people mention tiny amounts of land 2, 4, and world tracks. Obviously those aren't the only good ones, I think there's tons, just personally I don't often see Wario music coming from the popular remixers or nintendo tracks) I almost wonder if that could mean a) Sakurai never thought to include any of those songs in that giant folder of music he sent, or B) none of the composers really thought "oh man, I'd love a crack at wario land's score." Still, I think it has a decent chance
Yeah, in spite of how many memorable tracks the series (plus World) has, the games aren't often praised for their score. Personally I'd like to hear something from 4 or World specifically (pretty much anything) but that's just a personal bias of mine. Let's hope the composers remember Wario's platformers more than the designers of his moveset, eh? Haha, guess we'll see

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
now? im fairly certain they were in charge in the last two as well

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
And so goes another week making me doubt we're gonna get any new EarthBound or Xenoblade music in this game at all. Not feeling good boys.

Top Bottom