• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of New Remixes

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I really like the SMB3 boss theme. I just wish there were a “darker” Mario stage to go with it. Why do we not have a full Bowser’s Castle stage yet?
With that theme and the new remix of Bowser's Theme from Super Mario Bros. 3 in Bowser's gameplay video, I'd be extremely surprised if Bowser wasn't getting his own stage this time around. Seems odd two different boss themes from Mario are getting their own themes when most Mario stages are pretty upbeat! Unless they go with Luigi's Mansion or something, but I'm really hoping for a Bowser's Castle stage at long last.

hazza5557

Smash Journeyman

What are the chances of this getting in? I know they’re probably really slim but this is such a good remix.

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
With that theme and the new remix of Bowser's Theme from Super Mario Bros. 3 in Bowser's gameplay video, I'd be extremely surprised if Bowser wasn't getting his own stage this time around. Seems odd two different boss themes from Mario are getting their own themes when most Mario stages are pretty upbeat! Unless they go with Luigi's Mansion or something, but I'm really hoping for a Bowser's Castle stage at long last.
Unfortunately, I sort of have the feeling we still won't get a bowser stage, given the general emphasis on bringing stages back so far. I honestly sorta half expect new donk to be the only new mario stage, at least in the base game. Though, if Mario does get one more new stage, I could see it being a bowser castle and/or World Bowser from 3d world (I also heard a theory that if Geno does get in and they put in an SMRPG stage, instead of the forest maze it could be Bowser's keep)

Also, I think stage appropriateness is no longer much of a thing given the whole "any series song on any of that series' stages" thing.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I would find it difficult even picking top 5, let alone 3.

A lot of tracks are amazing/promising, but unfortunately due to just being samples, get cut off early/don't start from the beginning/are 90% build-up/are too short.

I'm going with, based on how well they fit the "tension that battle stirs up" approach they went with for music this time and how unique they sound:

Brinstar Depths - (bias aside) I dig the difference from Melee's version, how well it fits the newly renovated stage, and we got the bonus snip in :ultdarksamus: 's reveal.

F-ZERO Medley - I would never have expected this, much less vocals. It's hard judging F-Zero music when all new music has been crossovers for the past decade.

Gang-plank Galleon - This is honestly a close choice over Snake Eater/City Trial/Vega Stage, but we've at least heard the majority of this one. Obvious given the circumstances, but another unexpected twist for them to take with the vocals.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I'm hoping the delay of the Direct won't interfere with today's music update. If the song directly relates to and would give away a character planned to be revealed in the Direct, I wonder if they would skip today's update entirely or just add a different song instead?

Last edited:

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
Huh, I feel like it would partly be affected by if it's a character from a universe already with music, because I've gotten the idea the music is "one per franchise" on the site. And given Mario, zelda, and kirby all have songs (geno, skull kid, bandanna dee being some of the more popular thoughts lately) it could be the music may be unrelated then

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I'm hoping the delay of the Direct won't interfere with today's music update. If the song directly relates to and would give away a character planned to be revealed in the Direct, I wonder if they would skip today's update entirely or just add a different song instead?
i imagine itd only be the case if was a franchise we didnt know yet, people may see any tune as a sign of a character

unless of course its a new tune for tomodatchi life, street pass quest, nintendogs etc

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
This update made me so happy, I love Pikmin!
Thankfully its not another version of the map theme - its about time we got a remix of the classic main theme of the series!

And wow, its beautiful. I really didn't know what to expect when I saw what song it was, so I was really caught off guard (in the best way) by how grand it sounded in the first few seconds. I love the blend of the orchestral ensemble, the rock guitar and bass, and the tribal percussion and woodwinds.

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Not a huge Pikmin fan, but I’ve always really loved the main theme; how strange and alien, yet natural it sounded. This remix loses some of the quirkiness in exchange for amazing orchestral-ness, but it sounds really fantastic!

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
As promised, the poll has been updated with the new arrangement as an option. If this remix has snuck its way into your top three, feel free to change your response accordingly!

Hmm, I'm tempted to change one of my choices now. I really like this arrangement, but maybe its a bit too short for me to make a proper judgment.
Maybe once we get enough songs on the website (maybe 20+), I'll increase the number of choices to 5? Top three is quite a tough choice.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
It’s nice but not one of my favorites. Never really been into Pikmin music apart from Ai no Uta (and Environmental Noises).

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
I am glad to see that Pikmin is at least getting two remixes: while I don't see much more, I really didn't expect more than maybe a token single one. (also, I feel like there seems to generally be about a minimum of 2 per old smaller franchises, though that could just be subjective.) As for the song itself, while it's not quite that similar, it does kinda slightly remind me of the end of day/title remix back from brawl, though there are obvious differences.

Also, interestingly, the background beat (I'm not quite sure how to describe it) at one point actually reminds me a lot of the nintendo land version of the track (i think it was for the first few levels); something about it seems more "powerful" or "present" then it was in the original version.

Also, i guess this counts both as a song where we already had a direct port of it before, and and older remix incorporated it in a medley.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Surprised we didn't hear a new Animal Crossing song in Isabelle's trailer. I'm guessing a new AC tune will be next week's update?

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Out of all of Nintendo's boss themes, which ones would you like to appear in Ultimate?

Moonstruck Blossom
The Ultimate Show
Mind in a PROGRAM
CROWNED
Final Bowser Boss - Super Mario Galaxy
Void Termina's theme
Hyness: phase 2
Calamity Ganon

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I’m definitely hoping for Haltmann Works Elite Management, Song of Supplication, Sullied Grace, With Me, Vaati's Wrath, and Vs. Lysandre.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Out of all of Nintendo's boss themes, which ones would you like to appear in Ultimate?

Moonstruck Blossom
The Ultimate Show
Mind in a PROGRAM
CROWNED
Final Bowser Boss - Super Mario Galaxy
Void Termina's theme
Hyness: phase 2
Calamity Ganon
Great choices!
Kirby has so many good ones to offer. CROWNED, Dark Crafter, Dededestroyer Z, Hyness Phase 2 - the Star Allies versions of Zero-Two and the Amazing Mirror Boss Medley would also be great choices.

I'd add Zinnia's Theme from OR/AS, Beast Ganon Phase 1 from BOTW, and pretty much anything from the Mario RPGs.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
I don't think the Dracula's castle song we got is Harmony of Despair, it sounded more like it was the Judgement version

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Tbh thee were more Kirby themes I'd like to be in Smash since the series does so well with bosses, but I felt like that would be too many in one post and sound a bit biased.

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
Yeah, Kirby has a lot of really good ones so I feel like it's too many to list

outside, I would like a gen 1 and/or 2 champion remix, maybe the paper mario 64 and/or color splash final boss theme, another one of k rool's fight themes, wind waker ganondorf, one of yoshi's island boss themes, star fox attack carrier theme, and Mother 3: Master porky's theme (the last one is probably too long and we technically already have 2 variations on the pigmask theme, but I would love it back)

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
So I'm pretty confident we'll be getting a new Animal Crossing remix tonight, but the question is, which song? Just for fun, let's all try to predict what it will be!

I think the main themes of Happy Home Designer or Pocket Camp are possibilities, or maybe even the regular Board Game theme from Amiibo Festival.

But I'll commit to just one prediction: the main theme of New Leaf - bonus points if its a medley with the File Select theme (also used as the Town Hall theme), which is pretty much Isabelle's Theme. This medley is kind of how I'm envisioning the arrangement. Of course, for Smash it will have to be made a bit faster-paced, something closer to the first half of the Mario Kart 8 track combined with Isabelle's Theme from HHD!

A bit of a complicated prediction, but I think it would be pretty cool!

Last edited:

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
Just hoping it's along the lines of Kappn's Song and Bubblegum KK in getting you primed and pumped for the oncoming duke out!

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
It looks like we'll most likely get an Animal Crossing track today, which is fine, but I'm still holding out for EarthBound or Xenoblade music. At the very least if we get new AC music I'd like to see them go into a much different style with it than in past games.

EDIT: The Japanese blog updated, apparently it's muskc from Happy Home Designer ***According to 4chan***

Last edited:

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
So, what we have left:
Spinoff Mario (i assume the second mario icon is for spinoffs, wouldn't be surprised if we get two things, though just going with the one mario piece could happen)
Star Fox
Pokemon
Mother/Earthbound
Game and Watch (really not likely given almost 100% confidence in lack of new music, maybe they will play an old song anyway?)
Kid Icarus
Wario
Sonic
Wii Fit
Punch Out (I don't really suspect it would have a new song I must admit but who knows?)
Xenoblade
Pac-man (we got a namco song)
Final fantasy and Bayonetta (pretty much repeat of Game and Watch thing above)
Ice climber, rob, duck hunt (all under other, ice climber and rob have no new music so probably wouldn't happen: maybe extend the duck hunt trailer theme but snipperclips could be all for "other")

Plus, the potential for any more "other" songs, and a new franchise or two

EDIT: I actually looked it up, to my knowledge we should have 11 weeks left. Assuming that doesn't count today, we probably have 11 songs left to reveal. That's 8 series without any parenthesis (AKA I'm pretty sure we would hear them). I guess after that is room for however many new franchises you may guess/however you might think about those parenthesis ones (also, not sure if perhaps a week should be taken or added).

Second Edit: double checked. it is 11 more tuesdays left, not counting today, so yeah, assuming all goes according to the regular pattern, 11 left.

Personally, I think it's the 8 above, (I know sonic's finicky, but at the very least maybe they play a new direct port song), two new universes, and a mario side one. I am willing to sub in a punch out song and/or specifically pac-man song for one of the new universe ones though.

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Aaaaand here’s the first new remix I genuinely don’t like. Had to happen eventually, I guess, though I wish it wasn’t from my favorite series...

The orginal was a very simple, but charming tune that I really enjoyed... this feels like they sucked all the down to earth pleasantness out of it without adding anything in to make it interesting. Feels like a hollowed out shell that they shoved a guitar in and called it a day.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I think it might grow on me. I do like seeing them branch out into different and unexpected styles, but I'm not really a fan of this specific style of rock, especially for Animal Crossing...
I do like the piano bit at the very end, I'm hoping that riff will figure more prominently into the full version.

Its interesting just how different it is from Totaka's usual charming and cute style seen in Yoshi, Animal Crossing, and Pikmin.

EDIT: the poll has been updated, feel free to change your responses if this remix tickles your fancy

Last edited:

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Shaun White Snowboarding was on the Wii. Its soundtrack included the song “Barracuda” by Heart.

So can we have it in Smash Ultimate, please?

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Shaun White Snowboarding was on the Wii. Its soundtrack included the song “Barracuda” by Heart.

So can we have it in Smash Ultimate, please?
If we were going to get any snowboarding game music onto Smash Ultimate, it should be from Snowboard Kids or even better Snowboard Kids 2! Would love to get even a trophy of the original Snowboard Kids 2 crew just as a loving homage to Atlus' N64 classics <3

Last edited:

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
If we were going to get any snowboarding game music onto Smash Ultimate, it should be from Snowboard Kids or even better Snowboard Kids 2! Would love to get even a trophy of the original Snowboard Kids 2 crew just as a loving homage to Atlus' N64 classics <3
Why not both?

But also thank you for bringing up a great N64 series. I’d totally be down for music and trophies from Snowboard Kids :) As long as they stuck to the big nose versions, not anime ripoff DS versions ;)

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
This is very nice! Just a few things to point out though:
  1. The main link to the Gangplank Galleon remix leads to a copyright claimed video.
  2. Dark Samus' character showcase trailer reveals more of the new Vs. Parasite Queen remix than at the Smash Direct.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
This is very nice! Just a few things to point out though:
  1. The main link to the Gangplank Galleon remix leads to a copyright claimed video.
  2. Dark Samus' character showcase trailer reveals more of the new Vs. Parasite Queen remix than at the Smash Direct.
Thank you! Updated the post with adjustments.

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
Okay, so randomly I decided to make yet another list. Given my previous post about series that haven't had a song on the website yet, I figured, for the heck of it, I would look at what series haven't had a song on the website yet, and then what things we currently do know about new music for them

Series with no new songs played and their numbers in the direct aren't larger than what they've had throughout Smash:
Game And Watch, Final Fantasy, Bayonetta.

Series with No new song played and numbers not shown in direct:
Mother/Earthbound, Kid Icarus, Wario, Punch Out, Xenoblade

Star Fox: no new song played. Direct listed 17 songs which is 2 more than series ever had across Smash. Also, Song in direct labelled as "Star Wolf" in 64 section of star fox with no remix icon could mean the original 64 theme which has never been exactly used (I've heard a suggestion it could be assault's which has been used, but Metroid seemingly is listing the samus return's remix of lower norfair separate from super metroid; hence I think a franchise's own remixes are listed by said remix's origin, not the original song's origin, so a direct port of star wolf in the 64 section is 64's version. If this is the case, than that means there could be only 1 unknown star fox song)
Pokemon: new sun and moon trainer remix in direct. No number shown
Sonic: No new song played, at least two never used before songs based on direct numbers (20 vs smash 4's 14 plus 4 that were only in brawl)
Wii Fit: New training menu remix, direct shows at least four more songs than smash 4 (10 vs 6) so plus new remix means at least 3 unknown.

Special/Weird to talk about ones:
Smash: We do have the new smash theme on website, not any remixes of older smash tunes if that could mean anything (given melee battlefield on 4's website)
Spinoff Mario: we already have a main mario theme on the website, no spinoff theme there (and spinoffs seem to be a seperate category based on direct). We've heard a new luigi's mansion remix and Classic Tennis in character videos and trailer.
Ice Climbers and Rob: No new songs we've heard or saw in direct or website, plus are under "other" which has a song on website
Duck Hunt: does have a new song in character video, not on website. it's listed under "other" which has already had a song.
Pac-man/Namco thing: no new pac-man song played yet and none on website, but direct lists 13 which is 10 more than smash 4's pac-man songs. New Namco song was given the "other" icon on website, but if it's still counted as a part of pac-man and all other namco songs from smash 4 are counted for it as well, then minimum amount of unknown is 2.
Other: we've had two songs labelled as such on website, more could go up for it (Namco one special as said above though.) If perhaps 3rd party songs won't go under "other" for any reason (sort of a random personal thought), maybe rathalos theme goes to mega man or street fighter cause Capcom?
Any unrevealed franchises.

(One thing that should perhaps be noted; It seems likely not every old song returns, so simply just comparing numbers won't give an absolute indication of how many new ones are in. It just suggests what could be the bare minimum of "new in Smash." Also, how technically we might not know if the numbers seen in direct are 100% guaranteed to be all there is or if there's potential for a bowser jr. floatilla situation (song appeared in his smash 4 trailer but not the game), however for now it seems safe to assume these trailer songs will be in and the numbers are final)

Last edited:
Top Bottom