• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of New Remixes

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Glad Koji Kondo is back to contribute another song, even more pleased to see that its something other than the Super Mario Bros. Ground Theme!

Really cool remix. But like everybody else, I just wish we had a Bowser's Castle stage for it to play on...

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
I think in terms of next songs, one is deiniftely going to be Zelda. I still have the slight suspicion that maybe we’ll get a smash original remix, but if not, I think Zelda will be the last, and Kirby is likely the other one that would get anything (I want to give DK and Metroid their chances, but I think they already sorta passed their “important” phases and Kirby could encompass it now thanks to world of light.)

EDIT: actually Kirby being the single player might mean it gets the last song. But if it’s metroid or DK, I’d definitely give the last slot to Zelda

Last edited:

BarrierTrio

Smash Apprentice
I think in terms of next songs, one is deiniftely going to be Zelda. I still have the slight suspicion that maybe we’ll get a smash original remix, but if not, I think Zelda will be the last, and Kirby is likely the other one that would get anything (I want to give DK and Metroid their chances, but I think they already sorta passed their “important” phases and Kirby could encompass it now thanks to world of light.)

EDIT: actually Kirby being the single player might mean it gets the last song. But if it’s metroid or DK, I’d definitely give the last slot to Zelda
The last song is definitely Final Destination. I mean, it would be weird if not, right?

BarrierTrio

Smash Apprentice
Alright, so, the sheet has pretty much all the proof I can find for now, or at least as much as I'm willing to find tonight. If anyone wants to add the sources to the wiki or something to corroborate the claims, by all means go ahead.

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
So I noticed that Battle! (Wild Pokemon) - Pokemon Diamond / Pokemon Pearl doesn't have a (Brawl) at the end. The title wouldn't actually fit in the text box during the countdown if it did anyway, but I wonder if that means the Smash 4 version isn't returning? Remixes often share the same title as ported versions without a parenthetical to differentiate them, but it seems like every time there's an instance of two remixes having the same title (such as with Jungle Level, Green Greens, Mute City, and Star Fox 64 Main Theme) it makes sure to state which version it is.

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I definitely like the themes from Hey! Pikmin more than the boss music that I've seen suggested a lot from the main series. It's a surprise we've already got 5 new Pikmin songs confirmed. That's on par with Kirby!

Speaking of Pikmin, everyone's absolute favorite is back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie0wzw4Vink

Environmental Noises :p

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Can we have The Long Distance of Murder from F-Zero X please? I never played any F-Zero game beyond the SNES game but I NEED this awesome song. Porting it would be more than ideal to me because it's that good.

Okay, Hey! Pikmin's soundtrack is pretty decent for being imo an awful game. But I swear if we don't get anymore songs from the first two...
They really need a few more songs for Pikmin 2 and 3, they definitely are on the short side of the list. Pikmin 1 could need another song too.

Last edited:

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
Okay, Hey! Pikmin's soundtrack is pretty decent for being imo an awful game. But I swear if we don't get anymore songs from the first two...
I never got the hatred people harbour for Hey! Pikmin. It is a pretty nice spin off with gorgeous backgrounds and stuff.

Besides I can see why the team chose many songs from it, these boss themes are much more energetic than the rest of the series' soundtrack.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
It's hardly a confirmation - given that we've known about this song for almost 3 months now; it's the new Fortress Boss remix that we got a sample of on the Smash Website, a bit before Isabelle was revealed.
Wait so we know if the Latin sounding one ACE made is still in? That was one of the best remixes in Smash history

Lord of the Spike

Smash Rookie
Wait so we know if the Latin sounding one ACE made is still in? That was one of the best remixes in Smash history
The Sm4sh version that you are referring to may still be in (I can't see why they'd remove it), but just potentially not have shown up in any of the gameplay so far (likely either set to very low occurance, set to not appear at all or not unlocked yet).

Last edited:

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
The Sm4sh version that you are referring to may still be in (I can't see why they'd remove it), but just potentially not have shown up in any of the gameplay so far (likely either set to very low occurance, set to not appear at all or not unlocked yet).
I think you or at least superyoshiom is confusing the fortress songs somewhat: smash 4 has a Latin sounding remix of SMW’s fortress boss music (AKA boss music outside bowser). On the smash website for Ultimate is a remix for the SMB3 fortress (AKA regular) boss music. That said, brawl has a remix that combines the SMB3 boss with the SMW fortress level music.

Now that said, I have no idea I’d any other sort of remix has been spotted yet, but might wanna get that cleared up.

Last edited:

BarrierTrio

Smash Apprentice
Could someone help me find sources for some of these songs returning?

Butter Building (Brawl)
Gourmet Race
Boss Theme Medley
Vs. Marx
02 Battle

Underwater Theme (Super Mario Bros.)
Airship Theme (Super Mario Bros. 3)
Underground Theme (Super Mario Bros.)
Underground Theme (Super Mario Land)
Mario Tennis / Mario Golf
Mario Bros.

Egg Planet (Remix)
Super Mario Bros. Medley
Ground Theme / Underground Theme (Super Mario Bros.)
Super Mario Bros. 3 Medley
Luigi's Mansion Series Medley

Butter Building (for 3DS/Wii U)
King Dedede's Theme (for 3DS/Wii U)
The Great Cave Offensive
Green Greens (GB)
Float Islands
Bubbly Clouds
Mt. Dedede

mikanbouya

Smash Apprentice
I know this isn't helpful, but I've seen Underwater Theme on the Murshroom Kingdom stage and the Super Mario Bros. 3 Medley on the 3D Land stage. They're on youtube somewhere, but nobody seems to ever put the stages they play on in the title or description.

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
most of those were confirmed through footage of the mall demo but admittedly the only reason i added the other game boy kirby songs is because castle lololo was in the direct and it'd be weird to include just one without the others

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jm0MFAp0Us

Flashes of Fear from Hey! Pikmin at 3:01.
Really happy to see this one in, I think its the best boss theme in Hey Pikmin. I love the zany frantic feel, very Grant Kirkhope-esque.

Speaking of Pikmin, everyone's absolute favorite is back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie0wzw4Vink

Environmental Noises :p
Oh boy. Uh... I don't even know whether I should list this as a Brawl "remix" or an "original song" :p

Small error in the OP: for the new remix of Beyond Distant Skies, this clip is said to be a longer version of it. The song in that clip is actually just Winning Road (Roy's Hope) from Brawl.
Whoops, thanks for the correction.
Don't know how that happened. Umm... the song titles are kind of similar I guess?

On a completely separate note, anyone else feel like certain franchises have less remixes than expected? Mario and Zelda usually have tons of new remixes in each game, I'm surprised we've only heard a handful. I'm also surprised we've only heard two new Kirby arrangements so far.
I guess they really want to give the spotlight to other franchises like Pokemon, Megaman, Fire Emblem, and Castlevania.

BarrierTrio

Smash Apprentice
most of those were confirmed through footage of the mall demo but admittedly the only reason i added the other game boy kirby songs is because castle lololo was in the direct and it'd be weird to include just one without the others
I know, I just want to find the proof for every song so far so we have a comprehensive list that nobody can doubt.

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
Really happy to see this one in, I think its the best boss theme in Hey Pikmin. I love the zany frantic feel, very Grant Kirkhope-esque.

Oh boy. Uh... I don't even know whether I should list this as a Brawl "remix" or an "original song" :p

Don't know how that happened. Umm... the song titles are kind of similar I guess?

On a completely separate note, anyone else feel like certain franchises have less remixes than expected? Mario and Zelda usually have tons of new remixes in each game, I'm surprised we've only heard a handful. I'm also surprised we've only heard two new Kirby arrangements so far.
I guess they really want to give the spotlight to other franchises like Pokemon, Megaman, Fire Emblem, and Castlevania.
Well Sakurai did have his comment about lettng the composers make their own choices. It seems at least new games with no remixes otherwise are guaranteed a new song or two, But otherwise it seems the imbalance is because of the randomness factor of individual choice.

Naoshi

We probably have at least one more Samus Returns song considering there were 2 more songs after "Area 1 - 5 Torrid Zone". And the songs are all listed in game release order

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
The lack of Metroid Prime Trilogy remixes is strange. Is it because it's a Western-developed series that Japanese composers don't care about it?

Naoshi

The lack of Metroid Prime Trilogy remixes is strange. Is it because it's a Western-developed series that Japanese composers don't care about it?
IDK, I think it's more like Metroid music doesn't seem to get much attention since Smash 4. For Ultimate, at least we got a VS Parasite Queen remix from Prime 1. Other than that, we don't seem to have much new remixes in general. The other two are Brinstar Depths and Ridley's boss theme, both of which... already had remixes before (but they're still good so I'm not exactly complaining)

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
IDK, I think it's more like Metroid music doesn't seem to get much attention since Smash 4. For Ultimate, at least we got a VS Parasite Queen remix from Prime 1. Other than that, we don't seem to have much new remixes in general. The other two are Brinstar Depths and Ridley's boss theme, both of which... already had remixes before (but they're still good so I'm not exactly complaining)
True. The new Brinstar Depths makes up for it. It is so chilling and epic it gives me goosebumps.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom

I was also surprised at the lack of Zelda music until I realized that we're on track for how many remixes it usually gets per game. I don't think they'll have less than in Smash 4 (8 with DLC included), and they could potentially reach Brawl's 9 remixes at this rate. I'm also a fan of how they're pulling from older games like Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess which never got remixes at all.
Mario's a bit confusing for me though, as we I'm not sure we're getting as many remixes as in Smash Wii U. There are no remixes from any console Mario game since Galaxy 1, and there are no remixes from Odyssey at all. They seem to be pulling from older games this time, but even then we keep hearing the same remixes over and over again.
Kirby's probably the biggest disappointment out of the franchises that usually get the most music (Mario, Pokemon, Zelda,etc.) because not only have we heard only two tracks, they're both from older games that consistently get the spotlight in Smash rather than any of the more recent games with phenomenal OSTs. To be honest, if we get robbed of a remix from Return to Dreamland, Triple Deluxe, or Robobot in faovr of Green Greens ver. 3 I'm going to lose it.

Wizardgeno

Smash Rookie
Could someone help me find sources for some of these songs returning?

Butter Building (Brawl)
Gourmet Race
Boss Theme Medley
Vs. Marx
02 Battle

Underwater Theme (Super Mario Bros.)
Airship Theme (Super Mario Bros. 3)
Underground Theme (Super Mario Bros.)
Underground Theme (Super Mario Land)
Mario Tennis / Mario Golf
Mario Bros.

Egg Planet (Remix)
Super Mario Bros. Medley
Ground Theme / Underground Theme (Super Mario Bros.)
Super Mario Bros. 3 Medley
Luigi's Mansion Series Medley

Butter Building (for 3DS/Wii U)
King Dedede's Theme (for 3DS/Wii U)
The Great Cave Offensive
Green Greens (GB)
Float Islands
Bubbly Clouds
Mt. Dedede
If "Egg Planet (Remix)" refers to the Smash 4 version of Good Egg Galaxy, it's in the 20-second Rosalina Trailer
The Brawl version of "Air Ship (Mario 3)" was in the 11.01 Direct, when showcasing the Bullet Bill Spirit
Gourmet Race 64 was in the 08.08 Direct, when showcasing the returning N64 stages
Mario Tennis/Mario Gold was in the E3 Direct when Daisy was revealed

Last edited:
Top Bottom