• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of New Remixes

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
Snakey chantey does START out as King K. Rool/DKC1 Gangplank galleon, and in a way, is sort of a remix of the intro sea shanty part. But again,Brawl's remix really was just DKC1 Gangplank Galleon; the intro doesn't really take anything specifically from DKC2 (which always did make bothering to include the title a little weird I admit). Depending on if they were hearing the intro, they could have been mistaken.

And again, the rename would be odd, because I don't get quite why they would feel the need: at most calling it gangplank galleon (brawl) would probably fit more. My guess as to why they would rename it, besides to keep identical to the English song name, is because they have a new gangplank galleon and they wanna differentiate it, even though Brawl's remix clearly is taking form the DKC1 exclusive "serious" part of the track. I'm just taking a shot in the dark because snakey chantey and ship deck 2 would be the same

Last edited:

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
They've been renaming a LOT of tracks in Ultimate. That said, this one would be really bizarre if they really did it this way. All the renamings so far have been to make the song titles more accurate to the source, whereas this wouldn't make any sense because King K. Rool / Ship Deck isn't actually a remix of Snakey Chantey.

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
They've been renaming a LOT of tracks in Ultimate. That said, this one would be really bizarre if they really did it this way. All the renamings so far have been to make the song titles more accurate to the source, whereas this wouldn't make any sense because King K. Rool / Ship Deck isn't actually a remix of Snakey Chantey.
Exactly, it would be an odd contrast, hence why I'm hesitant to make the suggestion. I just think this could have possible been the source of what the person thought they heard

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
But the old Gangplank has always been called King K. Rool / Ship Deck 2 in all languages. Why would they rename it to Snakey Chantey in Ultimate?
The two people that mentioned it only heard it, they didn't catch the name.

Which still doesn't make sense to me, because anyone who has heard Snakey Chantey should be able to tell the different between that and the traditional Gangplank Galleon. The main part of Gangplank Galleon is when it shifts from the sea shanty into rock.

it is entirely possible that they renamed the gang-plank galleon remix from brawl to snakey chantey, is what i'm saying

the japanese name for gang-plank galleon is "The Pirate Ship" so the brawl remix is evidently titled after snakey chantey, even if the actual remix is gang-plank galleon
Yeah I doubt it. King K. Rool / Ship Deck 2 has always had the same name and that's way different from the new remix's much more straightforward "Gang-Plank Galleon." There's really no reason to rename it to Snakey Chantey when the song has nothing to do with Snakey Chantey. Also, the two people in question only said they heard it was Snakey Chantey, not that they saw it was.

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
but the smash demos almost always have the music turned down too low to hear (people have mentioned this before, especially in this thread), so in most cases all we have to go after is the song's title. and if the song was renamed and they could faintly make out the melody, then they could be reporting the renamed song as a new remix. even if it wouldn't make sense because the song isn't a remix of snakey chantey, it is named after snakey chantey (which is Ship Deck 2 in japanese, as i've mentioned), so that could be the basis for a rename

we'll have to see the gameplay to be absolutely sure, i suppose

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
:ultdk:FRIENDLY PSA::ultkrool:
There's no point in debating over Snakey Chantey until we get further information.
I won't be adding it to the list until we have video evidence that confirms what it is - be it a rename of Brawl's arrangement or an entirely new song. It could go either way. A new remix is entirely plausible - I would love one as much as the rest of us - but remixes can and have been renamed for Ultimate, songs have been named incorrectly/inaccurately in previous games, not to mention that both Snakey Chantey and Gang-Plank Galleon have similar melodies which could be misconstrued in a noisy Smash demo. It could also turn out to be nothing, much like the Chunky Kong situation brought up earlier - all we have is anecdotal evidence and speculation at the moment. Time will tell!

Last edited:

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
Instead, let's debate about whether all the people who keep uploading footage that begins immediately after the song title card is removed are innocent or if they're doing it intentionally to spite me.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
So is the music in Lucina's fighter video confirmed to be a remix of Destiny or is it a medley like I was guessing? (since the first half of what we hear doesn't really sound like Destiny at all)

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Instead, let's debate about whether all the people who keep uploading footage that begins immediately after the song title card is removed are innocent or if they're doing it intentionally to spite me.
The video with the Color Splash song :(
I'm sitting here thinking "just move the camera a bit to the left please!!" :laugh:

So is the music in Lucina's fighter video confirmed to be a remix of Destiny or is it a medley like I was guessing? (since the first half of what we hear doesn't really sound like Destiny at all)
It hasn't been concretely confirmed yet, but I'm thinking it will end up being a medley of some sort. But I don't think anyone has been able to pinpoint exactly what the first half is meant to be...

Last edited:

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
i don't think we've seen it in gameplay, we haven't seen any of the prelude remix either

they're probably set to be uncommon, arena ferox (the stage that usually plays awakening music) tends to default to id (purpose)

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
It hasn't been concretely confirmed yet, but I'm thinking it will end up being a medley of some sort. But I don't think anyone has been able to pinpoint exactly what the first half is meant to be...
Hopefully more footage of the Fire Emblem stages will surface soon so we have a chance of finding out before launch (though either way I suppose we won't have to wait very long now)

i don't think we've seen it in gameplay, we haven't seen any of the prelude remix either

they're probably set to be uncommon, arena ferox (the stage that usually plays awakening music) tends to default to id (purpose)
Yeah, seems as if, by default, one track will be significantly more common than all the others on most stages until you change it in My Music (which obviously hasn't been done for these invitationals).

Wizardgeno

Smash Rookie
Is there a Japanese exhibition/tournament going on right now? KingFoe just uploaded footage of the Day 1 Demo without the Smash Meter. Meter was turned on at Nintendo Live 2018, so if the VODs are fresh, we should keep an eye out for new potential tracks (as well as updates to old ones) in these VODs

https://youtu.be/G6jOGc7I4RY

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Is there a Japanese exhibition/tournament going on right now? KingFoe just uploaded footage of the Day 1 Demo without the Smash Meter. Meter was turned on at Nintendo Live 2018, so if the VODs are fresh, we should keep an eye out for new potential tracks (as well as updates to old ones) in these VODs

https://youtu.be/G6jOGc7I4RY
You're right, I've never seen this match before. Better keep those ears peeled for new tracks.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
on a separate note: too little modern songs with remixes tbh

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Oh my god is there really no confirmed Tropical Freeze track?

I'm gonna be EXTREMELY bummed if we don't get anything new from that game.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

So far, no. However, I think its reasonable why we haven't heard anything. Based on what we've seen, the stages present are only displaying a limited number of tracks, and the stages are random. Not every stage is present in the demo, either. There's quite a few blockers holding us back from learning more tracks.

First, someone playing the demo needs to get a stage from a specific franchise, and stages are completely random.

Second, the music track must randomly pop up based on the preset, default values.

Third, its possible that not all music tracks are unlocked by default, blocking even more tracks from showing up.

Fourth, not every stage is present in the demo either. I think only Kongo Falls and maybe 75M are in the demo for DK?

I wish I could try out the demo, but even then there's no guarantee I'd get something DK related.

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
I've seen Kongo Jungle, Kongo Falls, and Jungle Japes, but no 75m. But yeah, the game's sure to have at least 100 unlockable songs and I don't see why those would be active in the demo. Plus, the default My Music settings in past games have typically had a small number of songs on each stage that are set very high and the rest are set very low. That's definitely looked true for Ultimate so far as well, because even with all the footage we've gotten there are a lot of songs that have only been spotted once or twice, and we're still discovering new ones each day.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I've seen Kongo Jungle, Kongo Falls, and Jungle Japes, but no 75m. But yeah, the game's sure to have at least 100 unlockable songs and I don't see why those would be active in the demo. Plus, the default My Music settings in past games have typically had a small number of songs on each stage that are set very high and the rest are set very low. That's definitely looked true for Ultimate so far as well, because even with all the footage we've gotten there are a lot of songs that have only been spotted once or twice, and we're still discovering new ones each day.
Oh ok, so 75M is the one that's missing. I must've heard wrong then.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Might be reading too much into it, but if there's no Tropical Freeze music tracks in the final release, it may infer we are getting a Tropical Freeze stage as DLC (or either missing past DK stages in Ultimate).

Last edited:

Naoshi

There is also the chance that a lot of songs are simply set extremely low frequency or just not on at all in the default My Music settings even if they're starting tracks.

There's also at least about 325ish tracks we haven't heard from the game yet and IIRC isn't there only 100 unlockable tracks? I feel we're only almost 60% of the way through the OST.

Last edited:

SmashBasher123

Smash Cadet
We'll have to see when we can get a look at the full unlocked song list when the game releases. I feel like Nintendo wouldn't be so obvious as to suspiciously leave no tracks whatsoever from a certain game to make their DLC choices more blatant (the lack of Xenoblade X music in the Direct was also noted, DIXIE AND ELMA?!?), but who knows?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
We'll have to see when we can get a look at the full unlocked song list when the game releases. I feel like Nintendo wouldn't be so obvious as to suspiciously leave no tracks whatsoever from a certain game to make their DLC choices more blatant (the lack of Xenoblade X music in the Direct was also noted, DIXIE AND ELMA?!?), but who knows?
Yeah, I agree. I think this applies to any DLC, really. Like people speculate we won't get Bandana Dee or Elma Spirits and Spirits deconfirm DLC or whatever, but I doubt that. They're referencing literally everything as Spirits, and there's so much we haven't seen. Its the same as with music.

I doubt they'll make anything blatantly obvious regarding DLC. We're probably going to get TF music, we just haven't found it yet.

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
the tropical freeze version of DK island swing (swinger flinger, in ssb4) was in one of the japanese stream videos

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I just don't get it, out of all the TF tracks they just choose world 1 songs and remixes of the original theme
Because Sakurai didn't know anything about TF before it was announced. They only had music that was in TF'a reveal. This time they should have more because they've had plenty of time to get used to the tracks in the game.

SmashBasher123

Smash Cadet
I just don't get it, out of all the TF tracks they just choose world 1 songs and remixes of the original theme
If nothing else, Return to Dream Land/Triple Deluxe had a similar treatment in 4, basically only getting the world 1 music ported over and calling it a day, and now we have CROWNED and Moonstruck Blossom in Ultimate. So there's still a good chance we'll actually see more Tropical Freeze tracks this time! I'm most hoping for Homecoming Hijinx/Snowmad Theme personally, even if it'd be a bit unfitting on any on the current DK stages...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If nothing else, Return to Dream Land/Triple Deluxe had a similar treatment in 4, basically only getting the world 1 music ported over and calling it a day, and now we have CROWNED and Moonstruck Blossom in Ultimate. So there's still a good chance we'll actually see more Tropical Freeze tracks this time! I'm most hoping for Homecoming Hijinx/Snowmad Theme personally, even if it'd be a bit unfitting on any on the current DK stages...
Homecoming Hijinxs is the main one I want, but I'd also like Grassland Groove and Irate Eight. Maybe also something like Punch Bowl.

SmashBasher123

Smash Cadet
Homecoming Hijinxs is the main one I want, but I'd also like Grassland Groove and Irate Eight. Maybe also something like Punch Bowl.
Before we knew much more about Ultimate past E3, I actually had the idea for a stage based on the Punch Bowl as a new Tropical Freeze representative stage (and despite what I said earlier I'd still be totally down for Dixie + a Tropical Freeze stage in the DLC), so I'd love to at least see the song make it in!

Naoshi

I think every Animal Crossing song except Bubblegum KK have been confirmed to be back.

Kirby is only missing 3 songs: Checker Knights (Air Ride), Forest/Nature Area (port, the Wii U remix is in though) and Forest Stage (Air Ride).

Yoshi's missing Bandit Valley and Main Theme - Yoshi's New Island from Smash Wii U. Woolly World's original song is missing too (but the remix is in).

Star Fox is only missing Break Through the Ice from Star Fox Assault.

Safe to say almost all of these songs are likely going to be back (but I won't check them off til we get confirmation). Some of the Kirby songs' fate are questionable though.

Last edited:

fersmashing

Smash Cadet
It would be very funny if someone went to try the demo and "sneaked" into the menu to access the Sound Test to reveal what MUST be revealed

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
I'm not holding out hope for Checker Knights given it was composed for the anime and there might be rights issues, but I will miss the original Forest/Nature Area if it's not back, now that there's a semi-fitting stage for it in Dream Land GB.

Last edited:

ned_ballad

Smash Apprentice
It's not confirmed anywhere, but Planet Zebes is the last N64 stage song that hasn't been confirmed, yet. I think Metroid only had one more song left from Sound Test to confirm, so I'd assume it's that.

But with regular Delfino back, despite the new remix, I see no reason the original Vs Parasite Queen wouldn't be back...

Last edited:

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
I'm not holding out hope for Checker Knights given it was composed for the anime and there might be rights issues, but I will miss the original Forest/Nature Area if it's not back, now that there's a semi-fitting stage for it in Dream Land GB.
I really hope both are back. Checker Knights is such a unique track and Forest/Nature Area is so nostalgic and reminds me of my favourite Kirby game (The Amazing Mirror), I like the original version better than the Smash 4 remix.

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
there are actually a few songs from metroid we're missing, particularly the brawl remix of brinstar, as well as Escape and Title from ssb4, so that'd be at least four assuming no remixes are being cut

Top Bottom