• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of New Remixes

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
https://youtu.be/ClPEWaO0xgM

We have Fatal Blooms in the Moonlight, from Kirby Triple Deluxe. In my opinion, one of the best tracks of the franchise
MOONSTRUCK BLOSSOM YES

I reeally hope its a remix. Its just way too hard to tell just from this clip - all I hear is "Now or Never" from Splatoon for some reason.

We have CROWNED, now Moonstruck Blossom - loving the trend of including the greatest boss themes from the modern Kirby games. Now I'll be patiently waiting for Dark Crafter, Mind in a Program, Dededestroyer Z, and Hyness Unhooded.

Last edited:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
FYI, my friends from Discord think the Color Splash track could be "Island in Violet"; I can't read the title in the video above clearly on mobile but it seems plausible enough.

Last edited:

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Checking this thread throughout the day and seeing new confirmed tracks is probably my favorite part of this Smash cycle. Seems like such a great soundtrack.

Random thought:
Have all of the new remixes of previous ported songs totally replaced the old versions? (ie Vs. Parasite Queen, Delfino Plaza, Midna's Lament, etc)
I don't think I've heard any of those original versions come back...

ned_ballad

Smash Apprentice
Checking this thread throughout the day and seeing new confirmed tracks is probably my favorite part of this Smash cycle. Seems like such a great soundtrack.

Random thought:
Have all of the new remixes of previous ported songs totally replaced the old versions? (ie Vs. Parasite Queen, Delfino Plaza, Midna's Lament, etc)
Super Mario Bros 2 Overworld got a remix, but the original is still there.

segillav

Smash Apprentice
Random thought:
Part of Metroid's Sound Test section was shown during the August 8 direct and the original Vs. Parasite Queen wasn't there. It's possibly gone but it might have just not been unlocked yet. I wouldn't be surprised if the original Midna's Lament doesn't return, since Sakurai said they wanted to focus on songs that would be appropriate for a fighting game and that song is rather downbeat.

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, I was going to say that the original Midna's Lament was confirmed already but then I realized that we never actually heard it, we only saw it in the big list of Zelda songs in the August Direct, so that could've just been the remix instead. It would be pretty dumb if they cut it since the new remix sounds nothing like it at all. :/

There's precedent for them cutting ports once they have a remix, though. Forest / Nature Area, The Great Sea, and Wii Shop Channel got remixes in Smash 4 and their originals didn't return from Brawl.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I have a feeling that Sectonia's theme might be a remix considering that we're almost got all the Kirby songs in that Direct list and we usually get about 4-5 kirby remixes per game. Even if it isn't, though, it's still a Kino track and now I'll get to play it on FoD.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Music selection is really turning out to be incredible in this game.
My only real gripe is that so many of these songs don't really feel like they fit on the stages we've got.

The lack of new stages this time around definitely sucks a bit. I really wish we had an Alola stage for the Sun/Moon music, or a Bowser's Castle stage for some of the Mario boss music we've gotten.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Music selection is really turning out to be incredible in this game.
My only real gripe is that so many of these songs don't really feel like they fit on the stages we've got.

The lack of new stages this time around definitely sucks a bit. I really wish we had an Alola stage for the Sun/Moon music, or a Bowser's Castle stage for some of the Mario boss music we've gotten.
But dude, why make Bowser's Castle or an Alolan stage when we can have the Hanenbow stage? Everybody's FAVORITE stage?

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
But dude, why make Bowser's Castle or an Alolan stage when we can have the Hanenbow stage? Everybody's FAVORITE stage?
HEY Hanenbow is great :(! Electroplankton FTW!

However I do agree that there could have been so many great new stages from so many recent games. A Miitopia stage! Another Rainbow Road! Stuff from the recent Kirby games! And the list goes on and on. Maybe for DLC?

At least all those great recent games get music representation.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I feel the lack of new stages is a noticeable issue for the soundtrack. I'd love an Alolan stage, a Bowser Castle stage and a new-Kirby based stage

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Moonstruck Blossom and CROWNED.

I still want more, but I'm satisfied now. It's a huge improvement over what was chosen for Kirby last time

SmashBasher123

Smash Cadet
HEY Hanenbow is great :(! Electroplankton FTW!

However I do agree that there could have been so many great new stages from so many recent games. A Miitopia stage! Another Rainbow Road! Stuff from the recent Kirby games! And the list goes on and on. Maybe for DLC?

At least all those great recent games get music representation.
That's probably my only real complaint in terms of the music selection too. So many amazing songs but a lot of them are pretty unfitting on the stage selection they can play on or are gonna be hard to sort through My Music. No appropriate Bowser themed stage for all the Bowser music, no Rainbow Road, 2/3rds of DK's stages are aesthetically very similar to each other anyway (sunset jungles), 3 Fire Emblem stages (2 of which are more generic setpieces inspired by the series more than anything specific) for the implied larger selection of music, potentially only being able to play the miscellaneous tracks on miscellaneous stages... Overall, it won't be such a huge deal, though! Honestly, it mostly just makes me kinda wish they'd gone whole hog and just let us select any song for any stage it could be fitting on, but I'm happy we get to pick on a per series basis at all! :)
(Also, Miitopia music when)

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
ok yeah if Miitopia music is absent, I'm gonna be really disappointed. There are SO many good battle songs! At least have Boss Battle 1 in

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I wonder if it's possible for them to give us the option to assign songs to specific stages. Keep them paired with the stage series they belong, but give us the ability to choose which songs appear on which stage for user preference. (I doubt it'll be available at launch, but maybe make it possible in a future patch update.)

Darkurai

Smash Master
For what it's worth, I heard a new remix of Snakey Chantey at the holiday event demo, but I don't have video of it. Dunno if my word is enough to put it on the list though.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I wonder if it's possible for them to give us the option to assign songs to specific stages. Keep them paired with the stage series they belong, but give us the ability to choose which songs appear on which stage for user preference. (I doubt it'll be available at launch, but maybe make it possible in a future patch update.)
Hopefully that'd be available from the get-go :)

We could just give the songs a zero chance of playing on some stages, but that'd be inconvenient and annoying if you have to move a slider each time :ohwell:

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
For what it's worth, I heard a new remix of Snakey Chantey at the holiday event demo, but I don't have video of it. Dunno if my word is enough to put it on the list though.
someone else reported seeing snakey chantey earlier, actually. hopefully we get a video of it soon

Take this with a grain of salt as he could've mistaken it and wasn't recording, but my friend was at one of the Holiday events and they saw Snakey Shantey from DKC2 as a track! I hope he's right because I need new DKC remixes so badly.

Last edited:

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Are you talking about each stage having seperate My Music pages? Because I'm pretty sure that's how it still works, it's just that the songs themselves aren't exclusive to one stage anymore.
Source: Battlefield and Big Battlefield in Smash 4 had separate My Music pages despite the songs being the same.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Its not enough, unfortunately. We've been through this before with "I saw Chunky at Smashfest." At least two different people reported seeing Chunky, but apparently it was something they were in on together. Here's hoping we get proof soon because I REALLY want this to be true.

BarrierTrio

Smash Apprentice
ok yeah if Miitopia music is absent, I'm gonna be really disappointed. There are SO many good battle songs! At least have Boss Battle 1 in
This, we need:
Battle: Greenhorne
Battle: Realm of the Fey
Battle: Peculia
Battle: New Lumos
Battle: Now's Our Chance!
Boss Battle 1
Battle: The Darkest Lord
Battle: The Sky Scraper

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
FYI, my friends from Discord think the Color Splash track could be "Island in Violet"; I can't read the title in the video above clearly on mobile but it seems plausible enough.
(Hey Jdaster, love your piano covers!)

Hm, it really looks like "Battle!" to me. Based on the size of the screen I don't think "Island in Violet" would fit either. Not to mention, that would be kind of a strange song to include, but who knows. Time will tell.

I'm leaning towards the idea that it is the battle theme, although the official title for Color Splash's battle theme is actually "Fight!"
Maybe "Battle!" is the Japanese title or something? Or just a mistranslation/error?

Either way I'm interested to see if it will end up being a remix, whatever it is. Smash has a serious lack of Paper Mario arrangements.

Last edited:

ned_ballad

Smash Apprentice
Island in Violent would be a significantly better song to add than the Battle theme imo. That section of the Color Splash has the best music.

It really does look like an exclamation mark though, not an "let"

Last edited:

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
I'd rather have Fight! than Island in Violet, but I'd much rather have Rumble with Wendy than either.

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
it's too close to the edge of the screen to be a title as long as "Island in Violet", and if you pause at the right time you can clearly make out "ttle!"

ned_ballad

Smash Apprentice
Maybe it’s Roy Battle? Roy’s has a full name (ROYal Rumble - Roy Battle!), but it could be abridged to just Roy Battle if they needed to shorten it

Same for Blackout, The Final Battle. Could just be shortened to the Final Battle.

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
Huh, I SLIGHTLY wonder if Snakey Chantey is the rename for Brawl's King K rool/Ship Deck 2? On one hand, I don't see it because brawl's version more felt like an adaption of DKC1 Ganplank Galleon/King K. Rool (also I've seen on the front that's a confirmed returning song: No idea if the title "King K. Rool/Ship Deck 2" was actually observed or if it's just we've heard the song we know from brawl). But, the reason I slightly think it could be snakey chantey is that ship deck 2 has always seemingly referred to the second ship deck song of DKC2, which was snakey chantey/rattle battle. But again, the song splits off from the shared intro of snakey chantey and gangplank galleon pretty quickly in Brawl.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Huh, I SLIGHTLY wonder if Snakey Chantey is the rename for Brawl's King K rool/Ship Deck 2? On one hand, I don't see it because brawl's version more felt like an adaption of DKC1 Ganplank Galleon/King K. Rool (also I've seen on the front that's a confirmed returning song: No idea if the title "King K. Rool/Ship Deck 2" was actually observed or if it's just we've heard the song we know from brawl). But, the reason I slightly think it could be snakey chantey is that ship deck 2 has always seemingly referred to the second ship deck song of DKC2, which was snakey chantey/rattle battle. But again, the song splits off from the shared intro of snakey chantey and gangplank galleon pretty quickly in Brawl.
Pretty sure we've already seen King K. Rool / Ship Deck 2 is back on its own.

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
God now I'm gonna be anxiously awaiting official confirmation if Snakey Chantey did indeed make the cut.

If it did, not sure why it took them until now to do another DKC2 remix.

Also Kirby has redeemed himself in terms of musical representation!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
...now that i think about, "Ship Deck 2" is the japanese name for snakey chantey, so that may actually be the case

Doesn't add up. King K. Rool / Ship Deck 2 doesn't really have Snakey Chantey in it. Its just the original Gangplank Galleon. Maybe that is the Japanese name for Snakey Chantey, but these guys are talking about the sound, not the name.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I'm prepared for Snakey Chantey to be wrong, I just don't see how anyone could know about Snakey Chantey and mistake King K. Rool / Ship Deck 2 for a Snakey Chantey remix.

Last edited:

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
it is entirely possible that they renamed the gang-plank galleon remix from brawl to snakey chantey, is what i'm saying

the japanese name for gang-plank galleon is "The Pirate Ship" so the brawl remix is evidently titled after snakey chantey, even if the actual remix is gang-plank galleon

But the old Gangplank has always been called King K. Rool / Ship Deck 2 in all languages. Why would they rename it to Snakey Chantey in Ultimate?
it's not out of the question. in ssb4 they renamed "Bramble Blast" to "Stickerbush Symphony"

Last edited:
Top Bottom