• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link's Final Smash Should've Been ...

Smo

Smash Journeyman
Link's final smash should have been Epona! RIde around the stage, have access to all the same moves (like TP) but be able to charge people down and have invincibility from behind (cos shield is on back :p). Would be amazing!

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
I never liked the TriForce Slash from the very start.

He shoulda turned into Bunny Link from A Link to the Past (jk)

frankisvital

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad you care enough to tell me, because you do. If you or anyone else didn't care about what I say, you'd just agree, because I'm right. But instead you have to make yourself look like an idiot, and start throwing insults right away, probably because that's the only thing you know how to do.
No, he's right, you're kind of a ****.

On-topic, I like Triforce Slash for Link, but I'd have liked to see something else for Toon Link. I heard a rumor (incorrect, obviously) about it being some kind of flood or something related to the Wind Waker. That would have been cool.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Triforce slash is still awesome but. it would be better if he charged and used farores wind to teleport and slash from every direction and then used dins fire to launch them higher, this is when he would make master sword glow and do a spin attack that was like the triforce slash and then go into the triforce slash again and finish them!

draigaran

Smash Apprentice
I think he shoulda turned into a wolf and trapped everyone with his Midna assisted killer move. But Tri-Force slash is also nice.

l00katmyeggr0ll

Smash Rookie
I disagree with everyone saying that toon link would've been a better choice to turn into FD because he's TOON LINK. Every Zelda game has a totally different Link in every game. He should've did something similar to Captain Falcon's FS and run everyone over with his boat. That boat should've been a FS not a stage. LOL. Keep that in mind. So Link is just fine slashing away with the Triforce Slash but not Toon Link.

Zelda'sLover

Smash Rookie
Nor has Bowser ever transfromed into Giga Bowser, nor Yoshi ever growing wings to fly around. Honestly, not only was it the kid Link that used the Fierce Diety's Mask, but this is a different Link from the one that ever used the Fierce Diety. Besides, all that the Fierce Diety ever did in the game was launch disk beams from his sword there's not enough to do with the idea to not make people want to retcon the **** guy from the Zelda series.

Fierce Diety is just an overrated to me, and I can only see it as a wasted idea of a FS.
Actually in Super Mario World if a Blue Yoshi had a red shell in its mouth it could fly and spit fire, same thing for a Red Yoshi with a blue shell in its mouth.

Giga Hand

Smash Journeyman
I can see why this topic got started, but why isn't there a similar topic on the Mario boards? Answer: there is, because I'm starting one.

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
Honestly the thought of the FD would be sweet along with a possible switch to wolf form. The answer to why he can't transform whenever is that the stage would turn into twilight and link would transform. Anyways I don't mind the triforce slash though i think it could have been a bit better. As for toon link: he (in my opinion) is a bit of a wasted character and a disgrace to the legend of zelda series in general. thats my view (of course using the 3 gods would've been cool too)

the homosaurus rex

Smash Cadet
Nor has Bowser ever transfromed into Giga Bowser, nor Yoshi ever growing wings to fly around. Honestly, not only was it the kid Link that used the Fierce Diety's Mask, but this is a different Link from the one that ever used the Fierce Diety. Besides, all that the Fierce Diety ever did in the game was launch disk beams from his sword there's not enough to do with the idea to not make people want to retcon the **** guy from the Zelda series.

Fierce Diety is just an overrated to me, and I can only see it as a wasted idea of a FS.

I couldn't agree more. The first Link in the chronology of Zelda was the Link from Ocarina of Time. When Zelda sent him back to his childhood at the end of OoT, there became a split in the Zelda universe. The first being the timeline where Link stays an adult and Ganondorf has been defeated. The second being the timeline where Link returns to his childhood, where Ganondorf is arrested in the new timeline. The Adult Link timeline leads to Wind Waker and the Child Link timeline leads to Twilight Princess. Hundreds of years had passed since Adult Link's time, which is when Wind Waker takes place, and hundreds of years had passed since Child Link's time, which is when Twilight Princess takes place. Majora's Mask and the other masks (including the Fierce Deity mask) are presumably still in Terminia, as Child Link from OoT is the same Child Link in Majora's Mask, and it has never been stated that Child Link ever returned to Hyrule. Thus, there is no way that the Fierce Deity mask could have ever been in the hands of TP's Link, since the Fierce Deity mask never existed in that timeline.

If above was tl;dr, then let's just say that the mask never existed in TP's Hyrule.

the homosaurus rex

Smash Cadet
I disagree with everyone saying that toon link would've been a better choice to turn into FD because he's TOON LINK. Every Zelda game has a totally different Link in every game. He should've did something similar to Captain Falcon's FS and run everyone over with his boat. That boat should've been a FS not a stage. LOL. Keep that in mind. So Link is just fine slashing away with the Triforce Slash but not Toon Link.
Wrong. Majora's Mask Link was the same Link from Ocarina of Time.

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
I couldn't agree more. The first Link in the chronology of Zelda was the Link from Ocarina of Time. When Zelda sent him back to his childhood at the end of OoT, there became a split in the Zelda universe. The first being the timeline where Link stays an adult and Ganondorf has been defeated. The second being the timeline where Link returns to his childhood, where Ganondorf is arrested in the new timeline. The Adult Link timeline leads to Wind Waker and the Child Link timeline leads to Twilight Princess. Hundreds of years had passed since Adult Link's time, which is when Wind Waker takes place, and hundreds of years had passed since Child Link's time, which is when Twilight Princess takes place. Majora's Mask and the other masks (including the Fierce Deity mask) are presumably still in Terminia, as Child Link from OoT is the same Child Link in Majora's Mask, and it has never been stated that Child Link ever returned to Hyrule. Thus, there is no way that the Fierce Deity mask could have ever been in the hands of TP's Link, since the Fierce Deity mask never existed in that timeline.

If above was tl;dr, then let's just say that the mask never existed in TP's Hyrule.
Actually, Link DID return to Hyrule at the end of Majora's Mask. For one thing, Tatl wouldn't have said what she said to Link if she didn't think he'd be able to leave Termina, and the area Link was last seen in was CLEARLY the same forest Link started out in at the beginning of MM, which was the Lost Woods. It's not that hard to realize.

Althalus89

Smash Cadet
It's simple like many other good ppl have said, the TP Link and the MM Link that used the FD Mask are totally different Link(s) and the FD existed in Termina not Hyrule so there's no reason why TP Link should've used the FD as his FS. His FS now is cool I think and it does fit in because think of this:

Mario utilizes the power of fire which he's used for numerous occasions which makes the FS his ultimate attack of this power.
Luigi uses the fact that he's so f*ing scared and that he's been to a haunted place that it confuses the enemies, very funny aswell just as Luigi often is with his scared look.
Peach, her name...?
Yoshi utilizes the power which "it" has used in games which is Fire+Flying with Wings.
Ganondorf...need I even say more?
Zelda, it's the best thing she uses to help Link right? Sheik, the same person afterall sort of.
Ike utilizes and performs his "Aether" in the most powerful form he can.
Marth uses his skill to perform the Critical Attack which he has in his games.
Bowser uses the power which was bestowed upon him in Melee(sort of)
DK uses his newest type of enjoyment with the Kongas, let's face it not much else is there that is so special he could've done.
Diddy uses his Jet which(I'm not sure) he's used in a game(a few games?) and I know there are explosive Barrels in the DK games so he could use that "technology"
Dedede summons his little group of "army" which is natural...he's the King afterall xD
Kirby is funny and he eats alot so he wants a special meal right? xD
Sonic...no question about this one either right?
C.Falcon, it's wat he does right?
ROB, he's a lazer robot so of course he makes the most he can out of it xD
Olimar, yes he hid in his ship during the night due to these very extreme conditions xD
Fox, yeah of course wat else could be more appropriate?

Finally Link:He uses almost every single type of attack with his sword upon the enemy, could there be any better tribute to all that he's done during his games and the same time give him a real powerful FS?
Also of course he uses the Triforce, he's chosen by the Gods to wield the Triforce of Courage afterall, it grants him certain divine aid right, like Ike can use teleportations thx to the Goddess-blessed weapon Ragnell(sort of)?
My point is that almost veryone has a reason for the FS that concerns how they've battled in their own games before and it powers these things even more.

DivineBlade

Smash Apprentice
What Link needs is something he's know for, thats why his FS should be a massive Spin Attack! Toon Link should have the Hurricane spin attack.

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
What Link needs is something he's know for, thats why his FS should be a massive Spin Attack! Toon Link should have the Hurricane spin attack.
Yes! Toon Link should have had the Hurricane spin attack! That would've been awesome. I haven't thought much about WW Link in specific. In fact, I wasn't even thinking of Link as TP's Link (obviously). I didn't think so many people would care that the FD mask wasn't from the same Link as TP. As for newcomers not understanding the FD mask, do you think newcomers know anything about Pit or his final smash? I don't think what newcomers are aware of is really a requirement for being in the game. The game tailors to veterns as well as newcomers.

I guess for TP Link clearly changing into the wolf would've been the most likely that I can think of, I just don't see it being an improvement, unless Midna helped you out, I suppose. Another idea: Link could switch to his heavy armor (from Twilight Princess) and use the ball and chain or some other weapon exclusive to TP. Or if Snake wasn't in it somehow Link could transport to the camera and shoot bomb arrows at his opponents. Speaking of bomb arrows, there should've been a trick in Brawl for Link to fire bomb arrows. That would've been sweet. Also, I don't like how Link aims with his bow (how long you hold the attack button down for). I would've prefered you'd have to aim up/down just like you do in the Zelda games.

All my complaints aside, I feel that I should note that I'm really not that disappointed with what is in the game, I'm just sharing ideas for what else they could've done. I'm sure they had many ideas before they decided what each character's final smash was.

Another idea! Use the "Thunder" spell from Zelda 2. Hahaha. Everyone would take massive damage (but wouldn't kill).

DivineBlade

Smash Apprentice
It just came to me out of the blue while playing LoZ:WW, but it's probably best TP should be Wolf Link <)

LittleKey

Smash Cadet
I have two ideas. The first one is that he turns into wolflink and does the weird energy attack. (You know, that weird red-black circle thing that you do with Midna.) That would work. My other idea is to have the races of people he's befriended throughout the ages run onto the screen and attack.(Imagine Zoras, Gorons, Humans, And Minish all running onto the screen at one time.)

Marth117

Smash Cadet
Yeah Yoshi could never spit fire AND fly at the same time.

I think fierce diety would have been ok, but I'm fine with Triforce Slash too.
Yeah he could if he was red he needed a blue shell, and a red one for blue.
FD would have been nice but good things come in time, plus they wanted fresh elements for the game, if they wanted FD young Link would be around.

Otto_

Smash Cadet
Should have been the triforce slash and then transform into Wolf Link//Midna (similar to Samus cuz Link and samus were quite the same in melee, hookshot/grapple beam, both maked bombs had a projectile and similar up B (kind of ;P) then wolf link shud have his red circle move from tp. the circle has a 3 second timer and when it stops (those in the circle) the characters freezes and he bite them as in TP. aftter that he should transform to regular link (TP style yes) just as S/Zamus

thats my opinion, who agree with me?! Its a really cool idea!! and not many of the characters FS is used in games so i am fine with all final smashes in the game!! :D

Squadallah

Smash Rookie
Link's FS looks pretty sweet, but it's blatant plagiarism of Cloud's Omnislash. C'mon Link you're better than that! :laugh:

I like the Epona idea. Just run over everyone with the horse. I also would like his Ocarina to be involved somehow. Like maybe in a FS he could whip out his Ocarina and play the Song of Time. This would do something crazy like significantly slow down every character or even stop them (yeah I know it's similar to that clock item).

Or maybe we could go old-school Zelda. The FS lets him launch those sparkly beams every time he swings his sword.

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
One of Link's taunts in brawl is him pulling a fairy out of his pocket. TP Link did not have a fairy. The only fairy in the game was a cursor.

OnettSphere

Smash Cadet
True, Brawl Link was OOT
I say that FD should have been a seperate character but that had a slim-to-none chance
As for the TriforceSlash, I like it but would have prefered a Wolf Link Transformation afterwords.

RednaXale

Smash Apprentice
I half agree.
I think instead of the stupid Toon Link. They should have had Majora Link. And his final smash would be Fierce Deity.

ThReAtEnEd

Smash Rookie
If it was real life everyone would have died. Stop trying to bring games into a VG discussion. It's not funny nor is it a plausible argument. Please stop.
Dinosaurs don't have wings, also, Yoshi looks extremely innocent no matter what you or anyone else say. He can't be a vicious monster or a dragon or anything of the sort.
in the game world, nothing is impossible. im sure dinosaurs don't happily let babies and plumbers rude on their backs either. if it was real life, yoshi probobly would have eaten mario (he's not a vegetarian...obviously since he eats goombas and the koopas) a long time ago. if you think yoshi growing wings and spitting fire makes him a monster, you must think mario is a mass murderer aswell as almost every character on the brawl roster.

tell me...does it make you feel bad when you cut down monsters and other living things in legend of zelda? when you jump on goombas in mario? when you beat up other people's pokemon in pokemon?

I told you to stop bringing unrelated games into this, but I guess you won't listen.
it makes more sense to bring unrelated games for comparison than saying if it was real life everyone would have died.

You guys shouldn't care that much, it's not a big deal.
if it's no big deal, stop posting

I'm moving on with the date, Melee is getting old, and no one visits those boards as much.

It's not the fact that I only like my opinions, sure, mine are usually better, but if its one thing I can't stand, it's stupid people whining over stupid things. Go to the Link board for SSBM, there are a few people who have good thoughts on things; what we have here is nothing more then a whole bunch of whiny brats complaining that their idea wasn't in the game. There's your discussion.
yes, people tend to like their own opinions more. but you are one of the stupid people whining over stupid things. you were the one claiming that yoshi growing wings breaks him from his innocent look turning him into a monster. don't whine and get over it

Because they're wrong and annoying, now go.

you're annoying and wrong. leave.

I'm glad you care enough to tell me, because you do. If you or anyone else didn't care about what I say, you'd just agree, because I'm right. But instead you have to make yourself look like an idiot, and start throwing insults right away, probably because that's the only thing you know how to do.

if we didn't care what you said, nobody would respond to what you're talking about. before you try mentioning, yes i cared enough to reply because your posts were so annoying and stupid when everyone you argued with had a pretty good point. throwing insults is fun to us as it's fun for monkeys to throw their poo.

on-topic:
brining in oni-link would be pretty cool if his powers were as fun to use as in majoras mask, not like wario's final fmash. i really don't mind his current fs because it's still pretty cool and visually appealing :chuckle:

Top Bottom