• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Linkology: A Link trix video by The GERM

The GERM

Smash Ace
OK, After looking at Suicide Fox's trix video, it inspired me to make on myself, only on Link. It shows a lot of basic trix, advanced trix, and some random dumb and useless but cool looking trix with Link.

I broke the vid up into 4 chapters, "Linkology 101", "Advanced Linkology", "The art of the Bomb-Tech", and "Dumb Link Sh**". Linkology 101 being the extremely basic Link chapter like showing just how far Link can wavedash with a perfect WD rather that a regular one, reverse grabbing, bomb-dashing etc. The Advanced Linology chapter will show the trixies that take a bit more pracitce like, bomb-drop catching, edge-sliding etc. Now, In the Art of the Bomb Tech chapter, I introduce a technique I discovered a while back that I think is worthy of it's own d*** chapter. And the last chapter, Dumb Link Sh** kinda speeks for itself, It's just random a** stuff that I personally think is cool but rather useless.

This vid is roughly 5 minutes long and 21 megs but rather good quality. I originally had the vid at about 10 minutes but it was too much of a pain in the a** to edit it all so I had to cut out about a quarter to a half of the original content of the vid to get it out on the hub right now but I will make the fuller version later on.

To find it on the hub, search under "Linkology", or IM me at "GERMdbr" or IM my friend Trebor aka Zelgadis at "Ensconce Covet". Enjoy

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Hehe, "professor." The ending was the best part, did you think up that passage all by yourself, lol.

OniLink3089

Smash Rookie
Wow man, that was sweet! Is there a written faq on how to do some of those advanced stunts, like the bomb teching, i coulndt see how exactly you did it in the vid. Like in fountain of dreams the bomb only hit you so much that you hit the bottom of the stage, but then you got up all the side and on to the edge.

also what seperates from making a wavedash, and a perfect wavedash?

Kryian

Smash Journeyman
That was quite a treat. The thing I found most interesting was (surprisingly) the thing I can't do. Bomb teching. Well, I can do it..just not the way I'd like. How exactly do you Wall-tech-jump (does it have a special name)? Roughly 3/4s the time I try to bomb tech Link just...falls after the tech. Of course, that's how every character I use wall techs.

So I guess my question isn't how do you bomb tech, it's how do you walljump from a tech (with consistancy)?

The GERM

Smash Ace
Originally posted by Kryian
That was quite a treat. The thing I found most interesting was (surprisingly) the thing I can't do. Bomb teching. Well, I can do it..just not the way I'd like. How exactly do you Wall-tech-jump (does it have a special name)? Roughly 3/4s the time I try to bomb tech Link just...falls after the tech. Of course, that's how every character I use wall techs.

So I guess my question isn't how do you bomb tech, it's how do you walljump from a tech (with consistancy)?
If you're talking about wall jumping after the bomb-tech, he always wall jumps after the bomb-tech. The bomb-tech is not that hard. You have to be at atleast 40% for Link to tech it or else nothing will happen. Just rub up against a wall and throw the bomb at it and almost at the same exact time press L or R to tech it.

If you mean just regular edge-teching when recovering that's another story. You HAVE TO tech during your up+b first of all. So say your recovering and Peach is edgeguarding, you up+b and right after that your supposed to hold diagonally up and forward, that's how you wall jump after, if you just hold right or left toward the stage he'll just fall off. Now Just say Peach is about to use her down smash to edgeguard you, you actually have to press L BEFORE you get hit to tech it.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
So far Ive got everything down in that vid except the dum Link Sh** and the Bomb tech on FoD. But Ive got the Bomb tech and wall jump down, Ive been mixing it up with hookshot and spin attack. Good find.

If you mean just regular edge-teching when recovering that's another story. You HAVE TO tech during your up+b first of all. So say your recovering and Peach is edgeguarding, you up+b and right after that your supposed to hold diagonally up and forward, that's how you wall jump after, if you just hold right or left toward the stage he'll just fall off. Now Just say Peach is about to use her down smash to edgeguard you, you actually have to press L BEFORE you get hit to tech it.
And are you saying Link can Up+B then wall jump right after his Up+B?

Very NICE vid professor GERM. lol.

ZelgadisQmega

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure he means Wall Jump Teching after getting hit. He's just saying you need to be ready to tech before you get hit to actually tech it.

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
SH, press Z, fast fall, press A right after you land, repeat.

That’s all there is to bomb drop catching.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
O_O

Thisss guy GERM!!!!! That vid was FIRE!!!!!! I had toughts in my head "did Germ invent link?!" WTF!?? Great vid man...I prolly watched it like 20-30 times already! and...I have to play u again! Oh, u need to fight ur link bro over here on the EC, SS4Ricky!

and yes...ur gonna me me look like a CF ina dress or w/e ZelgadisQmega told me lol

The GERM

Smash Ace
My ***** Mike! hahaha. I'm glad you enjoyed the vid man, I'm putting out the full version in about 2 weeks or so. I'm in the midst of getting hired at Best Buy so If I save up enough money, I'll see you at S4C2, but if not, I'll see you at MOAST3 if you're still going. We have to try out a Link Peach team for ****z and giggles, Pink-Leach, hehehe. Again, I'm glad you enjoyed the vid and I'll send you the full one in 2 weeks or so, peace, Milf out......

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Oh, hmmm... I dont understand how you did the platform canceling, Ive always thought it was something else until I saw your vid. Its something I must learn...

Kone

Smash Master
Hey all, im a newcomer to the delights that are Link ^_^ though not a newcomer to smash ( ranked #3 in the UK, im normally a jiggly player ) .

I loved this video GERM although I have a few questions. Not so much questions but HOW to perform each trick? could you lsit here quickly how too:

1. reverse grab

2. bomb tech

3. platform cancel

cheers,
kone

The GERM

Smash Ace
Originally posted by Kone
I loved this video GERM although I have a few questions. Not so much questions but HOW to perform each trick? could you lsit here quickly how too:

1. reverse grab

2. bomb tech

3. platform cancel

cheers,
kone
reverse grabbing is just Links back A to a turn around grab. All you have to do is basically hold "back" on the analog during the back A's so when you L-cancel it, and you're still holding back, just press Z and he'll turn around and do a grab. it's easier for me cause I cancel with Z so I just press Z twice when I do it.

Platform cancelling is like......a sex kick without jumping. you have to be on a platform and be really close to your opponent, you actually have to be touching. So your on a platform and next to your opponent, now drop down by pressing down on the analog, and immediately press A, Link won't fall through but just do a sex kick on the ground, and you can actually L-cancel this, just have to have good timing. So far, I know it works with back A's and sex kicks, don't really know about down and up airs but I'm pretty sure it does. This works with all characters

And I explained bomb teching in an earlier post here.....

Oh yeah, say sup to Doug fo me

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Oh no wonder why I couldnt get platform canceling down, I wasnt close to the opponent. And with the bomb tech, I think you wont be able to bomb tech til at least 30% damage, so maybe thats why it doesnt work for you.

The GERM

Smash Ace
Originally posted by Youkai Master
Can anyone tell me where to get this video?? please i would like to see it to improve my link skills :cool:
Check the bottom of my first post......

gore

Smash Journeyman
Sounds pretty cool, I'll try to download it at a friends house or something as soon as I can. Maybe you could show me a few link tricks at Moast3, if you can come.

Youkai Master

Smash Apprentice
ok i got it!! :eek: awesome!! i can't do the bomb tech it's so hard :mad: but that vid helps a lot thanks!!! if you do more i'll be glad to check them out :D

Eramor

Smash Apprentice
how do you solve this problem:
usually when I try to do the bomb-tech, I hit the bomb with the final strike of the spin attack, but it doesn't blow up and I fall to my death.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Eramor. sounds to me like your mixed up. Bomb Recovery and Bomb tech are 2 different things. With Bomb Recovery, you have to get timing down. A good way to practice and get the timing down is go to training mode, and put the damage up to 350%, then go to some place like FD or Hyrule Castle, and practice your Bomb Recovery that way, so you can get the timing down for it well. Heh, reminds me what I did at ZP on DK64. Bomb Recovery, Spin Attack, just made it into the barrel, then everyones like whoa thats awesome, so I know doing it that way helped me with Bomb Recovery better.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I still cant platform cancel... perhaps a versions with commentary would appear on the DVD coming out soon... or whenever...

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Originally posted by UndrDog
I still cant platform cancel... perhaps a versions with commentary would appear on the DVD coming out soon... or whenever...
It’s really quite simple. You and your opponent are on a platform. You press down to fall through the platform, then immediately press A to do your neutral aerial. If you did it right, you’ll hit the opponent and "land" on the platform again. Cancel this and you have a very fast and effective move.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
can i do it without hitting him? or does hitting him trigger the cancel? I havent gone to great lengths to do it, however it dosnt seem that difficult and i just fell through the platform each time.

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
You have to hit him, so in order for it to work you have to be right next to him. If you hit him, you will "land" back on the platform, but if you don’t you’ll just fall right through with your attack. L-canceling it has nothing to do with making it work, but it always helps to end aerial moves faster.

zoxea

Smash Rookie
To find it on the hub, search under "Linkology", or IM me at "GERMdbr" or IM my friend Trebor aka Zelgadis at "Ensconce Covet". Enjoy
hub? Linkology, IM ...

WTF

where can i dowloand that super-duper trick vidEo?

The GERM

Smash Ace
Originally posted by zoxea
hub? Linkology, IM ...

WTF

where can i dowloand that super-duper trick vidEo?

IM ME FOR IT! on AIM!! (Aol Instant Messager). Get it on AIM.com NOW!!

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Aww I was hoping he’d give more of a riddle instead of explaining it bluntly. Oh well.

maximuspita

Smash Ace
About edge-teching, does that mean that it will only work for moves that knocks you in reverse direction such as peach's and samus' d-smash?

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Originally posted by maximuspita
About edge-teching, does that mean that it will only work for moves that knocks you in reverse direction such as peach's and samus' d-smash?
No it works on other moves as well, but the chances you’d be able to tech the moves you mentioned increase because of their nature. It’s actually more useful for saving yourself from spikes.

maximuspita

Smash Ace
So it will work as long as the character is close enough for the tech animation to come in effect? Maybe thats what i saw in the "flying ganon vid" where one ganon f-aired the other and he just bounced of the edge in FD.

Top Bottom