• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Guido65

Smash Apprentice

So I found they uploaded the T vs Nietono set at Umebura Major on Youtube. What exactly is T doing differently against high level sheiks that other links that have faced high level sheiks aren't doing? I think this should be a pretty important set to analyze as this is still link's worst mu.

Rizen

Smash Legend

So I found they uploaded the T vs Nietono set at Umebura Major on Youtube. What exactly is T doing differently against high level sheiks that other links that have faced high level sheiks aren't doing? I think this should be a pretty important set to analyze as this is still link's worst mu.
Constant pressure, T's always good at that. Although the 3rd game he got punished a lot; T gets on tilt and plays recklessly sometimes. He used a lot of bombs, for a change, and pulled them offstage to stop Sheik's crazy ledge trapping. Great job 2 framing Sheik's upB in game 2. Also those RAR Bair>footstool escapes were beautiful.
Japan isn't a good region for top level Sheiks. T probably was the more skilled player. Sheik's shield really shouldn't have broken game 3; Nietono was nervous.

Edit, I'm getting tired of Dark Souls 3 (Review), time to find those last 2 shrines in Breath of The Wild :)

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
BotW would be significantly improved with a few simple DLC fixes. Have an armor that lets Link climb without slipping in the rain. Make random encounters less frequent. This could be done by having Yuga dweebs only spawn in a few places like around their hideout and reducing "stal" skeleton enemy spawns at night. It's supposed to be an exploration game but these annoyances pop up every 5 minutes. You can't even build a fire to wait out the rain.

Edit,
This video has great ideas about how Zelda games could be released more frequently.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
This thread's dead :(
I found the last 2 shrines in BotW. I also got every pouch upgrade except 1 from korok seeds and did the medium difficulty sword trials. Not much left to do.
BTW the 'Master Sword Beam Up' skill only raises the attack by 5. I tested it using the champion's tunic: 115 attack with and 110 without.

Bigbomb2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bigbomb2
I still have to go through it again on Hard Mode. Just got caught up in some PC games

Rizen

Smash Legend
I went to a SSB4 weekly thing at the local collage; my first live event in over a year. It was fun, I lost to a Sheik (screw that MU) and Greninja but beat a Cloud and Mario/Lucina. Did pretty well for being so out of practice but mistimed a lot of confirms.

In other news, this happened.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I got to the 6th round of the double elimination bracket this week. That was fun. I tend to get nervous and choke but kept it together better this time. Q when fighting top tier jugglers like Cloud/Rosa/Bayo, what stage do you ban? I usually ban T&C. I'm really warming up to Lylat when BF is banned.

My cat's 20 months old. She still acts like a crazy kitten but less often now. She's really cute.

1FC0

Smash Lord
To my dismay the first thread of these boards tells me that Links prefer to play against people that have little knowledge on the Link matchup instead of people who know the matchup well.

Do not be so afraid of skilled opponents! Champions are forged in fire!

Even the Toon Link boards are less afraid of challenges, and those boards are filled with Toon Link mains of all people.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
To my dismay the first thread of these boards tells me that Links prefer to play against people that have little knowledge on the Link matchup instead of people who know the matchup well.

Do not be so afraid of skilled opponents! Champions are forged in fire!

Even the Toon Link boards are less afraid of challenges, and those boards are filled with Toon Link mains of all people.
Lol dw. I mod both boards, and it was necessary to have that on these boards. It was to stop the Link boards being inundated with new threads every single day made by people who didn't know how to use their shield button who lost to fg scrub Links; the kind of people who didn't actually want to get better or listen to advice but simply wanted to complain, and this never went down well. That thread did a lot to keep the peace on these boards. You should note of course that it actually links you to a post that does go into anti-Link meta in more depth just in case you actually wanted to learn.

Himura Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
I find it ironic that Link gets the bad rep. Of all the cheap **** in the game, people choose to ***** about his projectiles.

1FC0

Smash Lord
Lol dw. I mod both boards, and it was necessary to have that on these boards. It was to stop the Link boards being inundated with new threads every single day made by people who didn't know how to use their shield button who lost to fg scrub Links; the kind of people who didn't actually want to get better or listen to advice but simply wanted to complain, and this never went down well. That thread did a lot to keep the peace on these boards. You should note of course that it actually links you to a post that does go into anti-Link meta in more depth just in case you actually wanted to learn.
It is the topic those scrubs deserve, but not the one they need right now.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I didn't get much sleep and missed the weekly yesterday :(

I hiked up a mountain this morning. These pictures are from a few years ago but it's the same place.

Leftmost peak here.

Here's the view from the mountain.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm playing Breath of the Wild: Master mode. For the most part it's fun. The regenerating health of enemies adds a nice layer of urgency, all enemies are a tier above normal (red moblins>blue moblins etc), and enemy balloon platforms add some spice to otherwise dull encounters.

But the trials of the sword are complete BS. Not because the difficulty or having bad equipment but there's one case where regenerating health is a terrible unintended design flaw: Lizalfos. Liz AI makes them hop around defensively, which can land them in water where they're hard to attack.
You get to the point where you fight lizalfos in water filled areas and it is hell. The first few encounters have islands so with good positioning you can stun lock them by not using the final, launching hit of combos. Then you come to a room with only a narrow boardwalk, 1 blue and 2 silver liz. The blue goes down easy and I disarmed the silver ones (lightning is fantastic in these trials) but I just can't finish the silvers off! They take 15-20 hits each and keep either jumping back or being launched into the water, where they quickly heal. If you try to separate them by launching one it shoots powerful 5-6 heart damage water sprays and hops back up preventing you from stun locking the other, which is already hard with the brittle weapons available. Bows can't do enough damage when they're swimming under the boardwalk and they other is shooting at you. I danced around in that one room for 15 minutes until they eventually wore me down. :mad:

Edit, actually found an exact picture of the area:

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
struggling on zelda xd
You haven't even played it :p

I thought the new story DLC was out but it ended up being a free DLC outfit collaborating with Xenoblade C 2. It grants swim speed up; too bad the game already has armor that does that, also allows you to swim up waterfalls and spin in the water with 4 times the defense. Serously, the only DLC armor items that aren't worse versions of existing armor are the Korok and Majora's masks. No-slip-in-the-rain gloves when? Skyrim had cool stuff like boots that let you walk on water; step up your game Nintendo!

The actual story DLC should come out soon, "holiday 2017". That'll be nice. I've gotten 108 shrines, all the memories and divine beasts on Master mode; all I really have left is to beat the game and a little clean up.

✧Soulgen✧

Smash Rookie
NNID
Soulgen
Hey didn't know where else to post this but I was wondering if you guys noticed this as well (known this for a while). Have you noticed that when you pause when link grabs a ledge the outline of his eyes goes transparent?

Rizen

Smash Legend
Hey didn't know where else to post this but I was wondering if you guys noticed this as well (known this for a while). Have you noticed that when you pause when link grabs a ledge the outline of his eyes goes transparent?
I haven't but will look for that in the future.

I hate Beedle (BotW and in general). If you have a rare energetic rhino beetle he'll ask for it every time you want to buy or sell him something. That's 17 stanzas of dialog to mash through, I counted. You need those to upgrade your armor later. :glare:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Even if you're not American, just eat too much and get wasted on a weekday. That's basically it.

I beat Yooka Laylee, review. Now on to Horizon Zero Dawn. This is a great time for open world games.

I tried hanging around the NintenZone social but half the time IDK WTH anyone's talking about. Insomnia sucks as usual. I've slept about 10 of the last 48 hours.

Peace.

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
FSK FSK I JUST SLAYED YOUR ASS ON FOR GLORY WHERE THE **** ARE YOU YOU CANT HIDE

Applebutter61

Smash Journeyman
Have you noticed (SSBB) that when you switch to black palette it takes a second before link's eyes turn red?

Rizen

Smash Legend
I haven't played online since I started going to weeklies.

Horizon Zero Dawn is amazing. What's cool is it takes place in Colorado, where I live, in the distant future. You can find 'vantage points' that show past images of places like Colorado Springs. There's a mission that takes place in the ruins of the Denver Stadium where you have to blow a hole in the 'ring of metal' and fight cultists who attacked your village, lol.

Rizen

Smash Legend
merry xmas and happy holidays everyone. horizon zero dawn is amazing but i'm taking a break so my wrists don't get injured again. stop as soon as it hurts. i'm also hyped about monster hunter world in a month. i used to be really good at mh3u and have been waiting for a console mh game with good online multiplayer.

Rizen

Smash Legend
It's a great time for open world games. I recently beat BotW DLC on master mode, have yet to finish Skyrim's main story and Horizon Zero Dawn, then that has DLC and Monster Hunter World's coming out this month. I still need to beat Yoshi's Woolly World too. Need more time for video games.

Here's a Dark Souls 3 comic I made.

It's very inside jokey. Enemies can't leave their areas and this explains why. I painted this with a tablet and it took forever; next time I won't color it in.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Happy New Year to you too. The Link boards are pretty dead aren't they.... are the other char boards much better though?
Yeah this thread's dead; it sucks. Most of this site's dead except a few weeb socials and the competitive forums from what I've gathered.

I beat the Breath of the Wild DLC and tbt was disappointed in the lack of new content. It had 1 entirely new boss, which was awesome but no other new enemies. The closest things to new were more powerful versions of 2 minibosses with the same basic 3d models and behaviors. There were 16 new shrines with no real new concepts. A new dungeon which was cool yet small. And a bunch of dress-up armors with no new abilities and terrible armor ratings. Actually the Korok mask senses when they're near so that's new but the others all have abilities that are on other armor sets. It wouldn't have been hard to give you something cool or useful like not slipping in the rain or at least let you upgrade them so they have battle uses.
It's a dirt bike, yep. The "Master Cycle Zero" (eye roll) is fun to ride around on but hardly a "divine beast". It's a regular dirt bike in performance. You can't even bring it in the desert or volcano; I assume only where you can ride a horse.

If you look at other DLC for say Dark Souls 3, you got all kinds of entirely new areas, enemies, equipment, spells and bosses for around the same price, especially if you ordered the 2 together as a season pass. I hate to say it but the BotW DLC wasn't worth the money.

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah there's not much traffic these days which impedes the impetus for doing work. Though, I have been chipping away at making a new thread. Not for Link mind you, for everyone. I want to arrange and precisely detail every known mechanic/interaction in smash 4, and it's just become this seemingly insurmountable wall of text. Having said that, it's full of the kind of information I adore, so I don't mind.

I should really play the dlc at some point.. I just don't find games in general as appealing as I used to.

Top Bottom