• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Rizen

Smash Legend
Pay-for DLC, in practice is a double edged sword. If done well it's a great thing. Unfortunately it often ends up a money burning scam.

Nintendo has been good with DLC for Mario Kart 8. That was well worth it. They'll probably have good BotW DLC.
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Shovel Knight had good, free, DLC. More developers should take note of them.

Himura Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
All Monster Hunter has great, free dlc, that's part of the reason why it's better than most game for the past 7 years

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I reckon so long is it is actually add on content and not the rest of the game and it is relatively cheap or a worthy price, i honestly don't mind DLC if i really want it

:135:

8MAN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FourOhFour
3DS FC
4871-4261-8409
I'm struggling with the Greninja as Link, any characters worth picking up for this MU? As of now I'm using Roy to play around the MU but I'm considering picking Pit to prevent the hydropump shenanigans, thoughts?

Rizen

Smash Legend
Is that Bowser?

No, I just meant the item bombs. Using more bombs always seems to improve my gameplay.

Edit, in Skyrim I'm on a quest with Barbus the dog. Man is he an annoying follower. He shoves me, blocks doorways and even ran infront of my arrow when I was sniping. Other followers suck for stealth but he is way beyond that. I'll be glad to get rid of him.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Check the video description.

LoZ Breath of the Wild is only 5 days away. We need more hype in here.
I really hope the Sonic The Hedgehog movie ends up something like that short

I'm hyped asf (though i won't be able to play it straight away and am forced to play it on my wii u :(. ) However doesn't make me any less excited. Plus Logan will have come out the day before and I'm hyped for that too.

Also i don't want to be picky but it's actually 4 days away

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
A tier list that doesn't stick Link in low tier, and BOTW being hours away. What a good day.
Link is finally in the right tier, but some of us don't have to wait for the game :)

Why is this image so big? lol

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I've been skeptical about this decision ever since E3, but I've finally decided to give Breath of the Wild a fair shot after I get out of this semester.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I bought it for the Wii U and it's very fun. If you like open world games BotW is a must buy. While I personally wish they had chosen a sharper, less watercolor style I can't deny the game looks good. I've only completed 3 shrines so far and the game mechanics are fun to work with. It uses a physics engine rather than the 'push rock and watch it roll down predetermined path' of older LoZs. I wish the controls were more customizable because I keep trying to play with Skyrim controls and throwing weapons or shielding when I want to attack or run, lol.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
I bought it for the Wii U and it's very fun. If you like open world games BotW is a must buy. While I personally wish they had chosen a sharper, less watercolor style I can't deny the game looks good. I've only completed 3 shrines so far and the game mechanics are fun to work with. It uses a physics engine rather than the 'push rock and watch it roll down predetermined path' of older LoZs. I wish the controls were more customizable because I keep trying to play with Skyrim controls and throwing weapons or shielding when I want to attack or run, lol.
You're not alone on that. I've got a lot done, but I'm only beginning to scratch the surface storywise. Every time I'm given a task I get side tracked with all the landmarks and area's you have to explore and it's great. My only issue is aside from the lack of customizable controls is how fast some weapons tend to break, and the few times the frame rate drops but that's not a big deal for me. All minor issue's in the long run.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^I hope the BotW weapons last longer as they get better throughout the game.

I find it funny there's a book in Skyrim called 'The Lusty Argonian Barmaid'. They chose to write a bodice ripper about the race even furries aren't into.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So I've been writing a journal about my experience with Breath of the Wild. It's just that great of a game so I gave a lot to say.

Day 1

This is great. I currently conquered a total of seven shrines. I've been spending a lot of time exploring the Great Plateau though. Lucky I happened to have an iron sledgehammer when I was up against Stone Talus, but man, that thing killed me three times before I could manage to climb up and whack the hell out of that weak spot. Last thing I did was register a horse out at the Dueling Peaks stable.

I've also died from drowning in extremely cold water, getting gangbanged by Bokoblins, fall damage, and accidentally dropping a metal board on my head while using magnesis. What's embarrassingly funny is that I've blown myself up with a bomb nine times while my fiancée is watching me play, but no big deal. I'm off to Kakariko Village in the morning, unless I can find one more shrine on the way there.

Day 2

Fourteen shrines completed so far, and I ran into a Yiga Clan member down at the Lanayru Wetlands. WHAT A CHUMP! The guy didn't even put up a fight. What really made me laugh was that little joke Purah did about me losing my runes. Speaking of Purah, that lab accident that made her a six year old is a bit humorous, but I'm gonna have nightmares about it some night soon.

I know that I just met him at that bridge, but I really do like Prince Sidon. Sure he's not exactly your average Prince Charming, but give him a break! He's a Zora, and he has every true quality of a Prince.

To think that Link has to go all over Hyrule to recover lost memories of him and Zelda, that sounds fun. I just wonder when I'll ever cross paths with another great fairy. Tomorrow I start my journey to Zora's Domain.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Breath of the Wild Day 3 Report

So Mipha was Link's childhood friend? Sad to think about lost memories, but I DID get to the boss of Va Ruth. I'll tackle him in the morning, I'm way too tired right now

But I'm surprised I learned how I was supposed to shoot those shock arrows in Slow Motion to hack into Va Ruta. THAT was awesome.

Either way, when I get my hands on waterblight Ganon in the morning, I'M GOING TO ANIHILATE HIM!!!!!!!!!!

Rizen

Smash Legend
Also because he wasn't in his mid tier list.
You're right. I can't see Link any higher than mid tier imo. ZeRo seems to rate defensive playstyles highly, *coughRosalinaisno1cough*.

My kitten's been driving me crazy. She literally has turned the TV off by stepping on the remote, made the video disconnect, unplugged the internet connection from the wii u, stepped on the power strip cutting the power from my PS2, knocked my phone off the table and attacked my shirt buttons all while I was playing video games. She's in that crazy adolescent 1 year old cat stage.

Despite this I managed to beat 50 shrines in BotW. I like to run around and explore rather than tackle the main story and have only beaten 1 divine beast, the Zora one. The reward for that dungeon will recharge so don't worry if you use it btw.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Breath of the Wild Day 4 Report

Waterblight Ganon isn't the easiest Zelda boss I've ever faced, but a few broken bows and he was TOAST! Either way, Va Ruta has been restored. Now to figure out where to find the next Divine Beast, after all these quests I have with the Zoras now that I've gained their elders trust.

I also might poke around looking for korok seeds and try to see where Hestu went off to after our second encounter. That and try to look for a great fairy if possible.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
So does anyone here know how to get star fragments?

I haven't come across any in my travels so far but i assume that they would be at Death Mountain or some where around that area.

Rizen

Smash Legend

I haven't come across any in my travels so far but i assume that they would be at Death Mountain or some where around that area.

Watch the skies at night. You'll see a shooting star land and create a pillar of light. Follow that to a star fragment. I've seen them over the desert and in the Lanaru region. They probably appear all over. They disappear at dawn, I think, so track them down fast. I've lost a few due to rain and Yuga clan/stallfos trolling :glare:.

PS this game makes you hate rain.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Watch the skies at night. You'll see a shooting star land and create a pillar of light. Follow that to a star fragment. I've seen them over the desert and in the Lanaru region. They probably appear all over. They disappear at dawn, I think, so track them down fast. I've lost a few due to rain and Yuga clan/stallfos trolling :glare:.

PS this game makes you hate rain.
That actually makes more sense where to find them. Thanks, now i can hopefully upgrade the Hero of Time armour and hat.

I don't mind the Yuga clan all that much (mostly cause free weapon and rupees) but when i first meet them on they way to Impa, i freaked out and just ran as fast as i could.

Also yes, **** the rain. No seriously, the number of times i've wanted to climb a mount and then oh wait nope i can't because it just sooo happens to start ****ing rain when i'm about to climb. And their is no town nearby nor can i start a fire so i have to wait it out. ARGHH!

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597

You can either wait at night at a high place like a mountain top and watch for them drop. Alternatively if you're far enough in the game wait for the Silver Lynel enemies to spawn then you can farm them for Star Fragments. I recommend saving before you fight them and if they don't drop the item then reload your save and try again.
This is what a Silver Lynel looks like. I recommend bringing your strongest gear and maybe an attack/ defense boosting meal to help make the fight easier.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
You can either wait at night at a high place like a mountain top and watch for them drop. Alternatively if you're far enough in the game wait for the Silver Lynel enemies to spawn then you can farm them for Star Fragments. I recommend saving before you fight them and if they don't drop the item then reload your save and try again.
Ah yes the Lynel. I tried fighting the Red Lynel when going to free my first Divine Beast at Zora Domain. Well least just say is wasn't exactly prepared for its 2000 health pool so i decide to run and hide.

Top Bottom