• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda LINK OR TOON LINK ?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I like Link, but this should probably be moved to the LoZ area.

D

Deleted member

I like both, maybe Link a bit more since he's one of my mains and Toon Link is a secondary.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I'm more of a Toon Link guy, myself. Wind Waker is my favorite Zelda game in the franchise.
Not to say that Link isn't cool too. I enjoy all Zelda games and art styles.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
:4link: My main since 64 and will most likely never change!
I disliked the idea of a second Link, not that I really dislike Toon Link, just the idea that a second Link was deemed necessary, I felt it kinda ruined Link's uniqueness in the roster...His shield, bombs, clawshot, boomerang, as well as being the OG Swordsmen, then a second Link had to come along:younglinkmelee: and take that away from Link, I mean I know it's still Link but still...
as well as the fact that since melee, :4tlink: was all Zelda got in terms of new fighters, considering what the franchise has to offer a second Link was the best Sakurai could do?

Jazzhand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jazzhand
3DS FC
2767-1532-6118
I recently did an AI test.

99 stock no time limit no items final destination.
Link won with 36 lives surplus. Toon Link just didn't have the reach to counter his more versatile self.

That being said I made a Mii swordsman named Lunk.
Which is basically a black link.

All his moves involve him spinning.

Hero's spin
that horizontal blanka spin slash charge.
reflect spin
tornado spin.

I call him Lunk master of the spin attack.

Last edited:

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
I love the more realistic Zelda games (Ocarina of Time is still my all-time favorite), but there's something incredibly endearing about the "Toon" style. It's a unique look (compare it to, say, Kid Icarus Uprising's generic anime style), and it feels truer to the series' roots. I'm happy to have both, but if I had to pick just one, I'd pick Toon.

D

Deleted member

I'd say Link, the courage, fierceness, bravery yeah definetly him.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
The what?
He's referring to the selfie feature of the Picto Box in WWHD and how people take selfies with Ganon in the middle of the final boss fight.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well they are both Link....

This is more of an artsy.e thing than anything else and both work well Imo.

Fox who?

Smash Cadet
NNID
xanhil
3DS FC
4957-6199-7845
If we are talking about in-smash, then I'd say Toon Link all the way. His mobility and feel just wow me.

However, in the Zelda franchise, I would take a Link game any day. Ocarina, Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess are the best games of the franchise IMO.

If I were to pick my favorite toon styles, I would argue that Oracle of Seasons/Ages and Link to the Past utilize a very early "toon" style. I wasn't a big fan of the later toon games though.
Though my guilty pleasure was Phantom Hourglass.

Top Bottom