• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

LakerLink

Smash Cadet
The Merc The Merc , As far for me I think link is a top 15 character on the tier list, but then again I am being Link bias.

I definately think Toon link is a higher tier even though I have beaten the few that I played. The way Hugo or whatever his name is, his skills are amazing. And I got watch Fow use a toon link dam was I impressed.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
The Merc The Merc , As far for me I think link is a top 15 character on the tier list, but then again I am being Link bias.

I definately think Toon link is a higher tier even though I have beaten the few that I played. The way Hugo or whatever his name is, his skills are amazing. And I got watch Fow use a toon link dam was I impressed.
Bias is real. Yeah, I honestly kind of want to play Toon Link, but they've just done some things to him (i.e. weird FAF's in his aerials and landing lag) that just turn me away from him. Then again, link is my fav character of all time.

Ah, okay. I guess that's fair enough.

:135:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015

This post made me gag, sorry.

But yeah, Toon Link for Sheik tier. *sarcasm*

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I'm not sure if I asked this already (please say if I have) but what did you guys think of Link's placement in the tier list (particular in comparison to Toon Link). I personally think Link is t tad too low.

Speaking of X-Men, anyone here see Deadpool?

I think they should both move up, but not in any way drastic. Not that any of it matters.

And yeah man, I saw it just the other day. I'll bet you're happy about living in Australia where it's only rated MA15+ instead of R18+. Because jeez, it was pushing it.

ZeldaZephyr

Smash Apprentice
I've never would've thought ZeRo had a bit of skill using Link since he mostly uses Sheik. But still Izaw is the best ****ing Link ever.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
The Merc The Merc , As far for me I think link is a top 15 character on the tier list, but then again I am being Link bias
lolno. IMO Link is a little lower than he should be, I'd put him in F tier; that fair buff was awesome. But no way is Link top 15. That'd put him in with chars like Yoshi and Falcon.
Yeah, I honestly kind of want to play Toon Link
GET OUT

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I think they should both move up, but not in any way drastic. Not that any of it matters.

And yeah man, I saw it just the other day. I'll bet you're happy about living in Australia where it's only rated MA15+ instead of R18+. Because jeez, it was pushing it.
Oh so?

Oh I was so happy for that. For a while I thought I wasn't going to be able to see. I did. It was so good I'm a going to see it again! though tbh, the ending wasn't as 'Deadpool' as it should have been.

But i don't wanna...

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
Btw, is Shulk only that "high" in the tier list because of the possible potential of the Monado? I never looked at his frame data before, but looking at it now, it almost makes Link's frame data look pretty good lol. I realize he has range, and his movement can be decent, but I can only presume he runs into the same problem with characters that can get past his sword like Link, but has slower attacks and no projectiles.

But yeh, I think Link should be in F tier instead of G.

My guess is that Bowser Jr. will drop over time (now that Tweek has dropped him), Bowser was higher than usual because people were overhyping to the UThrow (I presume he'll drop a bit b/c of the 1.14 nerf). Greninja and Marth will be looked at (the former because of iStudying and the latter because of 1.14 buffs) and may go up a bit.

link7 link7 I noticed we have a Link main who's seeded in the top 10 of our state? Kaito *Blank* or something? Is he a friend of yours?

Edit: Lol, his tag is getting censored. I put *Blank* in place of the latter part.

9 Kaito *Blank* Link 134 103 31 77 2123 68 2/21/2016
http://pnwsmash.com/seeds.html

Last edited:

DJTHED

Smash Apprentice
NNID
djthed
3DS FC
1805-3499-5905
Switch FC
SW-1721-8556-4217
Btw, is Shulk only that "high" in the tier list because of the possible potential of the Monado? I never looked at his frame data before, but looking at it now, it almost makes Link's frame data look pretty good lol. I realize he has range, and his movement can be decent, but I can only presume he runs into the same problem with characters that can get past his sword like Link, but has slower attacks and no projectiles.

But yeh, I think Link should be in F tier instead of G.

My guess is that Bowser Jr. will drop over time (now that Tweek has dropped him), Bowser was higher than usual because people were overhyping to the UThrow (I presume he'll drop a bit b/c of the 1.14 nerf). Greninja and Marth will be looked at (the former because of iStudying and the latter because of 1.14 buffs) and may go up a bit.

link7 link7 I noticed we have a Link main who's seeded in the top 10 of our state? Kaito *Blank* or something? Is he a friend of yours?

Edit: Lol, his tag is getting censored. I put *Blank* in place of the latter part.

9 Kaito *Blank* Link 134 103 31 77 2123 68 2/21/2016
http://pnwsmash.com/seeds.html
Kaito-"Koon" is from Vancouver Washington, where I live. He's currently #2 on Oregon PR as he often goes to Oregon locals and regionals. He used to main Link but over the past few months he's been slowly switching his main to Robin, who's been giving him much better results lately. Not sure why that list has his main set to Link still when it's clearly not anymore.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Link is probably around or slightly below Ike's level, so I'd put him in E tier (it's also pretty much smack dab in the middle of the tier list). I can't see Bowser (in patch 1.1.3), Pac Man and Mega Man being better, and Toon Link is definitely not that much better than Link if at all. He was just lucky to have one of the best players in Mexico main him.

Roy is possibly a C or D tier character if he had the results to back him up, I'd like to see him get there in the future, and hopefully I'll help out with that. Been sitting around not doing **** for way too long. I should've regularly been attending tournaments for at least a year now, I'd probably be really good atm. :crying:

Last edited:

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
Link is probably around or slightly below Ike's level, so I'd put him in E tier (it's also pretty much smack dab in the middle of the tier list). I can't see Bowser (in patch 1.1.3), Pac Man and Mega Man being better, and Toon Link is definitely not that much better than Link if at all. He was just lucky to have one of the best players in Mexico main him.

Roy is possibly a C or D tier character if he had the results to back him up, I'd like to see him get there in the future, and hopefully I'll help out with that. Been sitting around not doing **** for way too long. I should've regularly been attending tournaments for at least a year now, I'd probably be really good atm. :crying:
no johns scrub

Zenithia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6013-0446-3047
Hello, everyone. I come from the Cloud forums, otherwise known as Weenie Hut Junior. I like Link, but despise Navi and Toon Link. How is everyone?

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hello, everyone. I come from the Cloud forums, otherwise known as Weenie Hut Junior. I like Link, but despise Navi and Toon Link. How is everyone?
Okay, Toon Link i can understand, but Navi? How can you hate Navi?

Despise toon Link eh? Well you can replace @Unkown Hero then ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) .
Hey, I only like Toon Link cause his got Speed. Believe me, if they made some of Link's moves just that tad faster, he would be my chosen Link in a heart beat (unless Young Link made a return, then both Tink and Link would be in my not play list.)

Also, you tagged the wrong Unknown Hero :)

Zenithia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6013-0446-3047
Mr. Tinker Bell is indeed faster, but could we not just replace him with Epona wearing the Link cap?

MintyGuy700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MintyGuy700
3DS FC
0044-4078-1187
I have a new pet-peeve: When people (especially on YouTube) say "As a Link main, I [blank]"

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Lol youtube comments.

I got back from the Democratic caucus. It's great to see liberals pumped. I also walked about 3 miles so it's been a good night.

Be_Mild

Livin' life on the mild side
NNID
BeMild
3DS FC
1676-4317-5374
Lol youtube comments.

I got back from the Democratic caucus. It's great to see liberals pumped. I also walked about 3 miles so it's been a good night.
Alright Link mains, as freaking great as we are at starting **** and as much I love watching a good train wreck, do not take Rizen's post as an invitation to start talking politics. I don't want to speak on his behalf, but I'm sure he would agree. Besides, doing so is prohibited. Crisis averted.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Alright Link mains, as freaking great as we are at starting **** and as much I love watching a good train wreck, do not take Rizen's post as an invitation to start talking politics. I don't want to speak on his behalf, but I'm sure he would agree. Besides, doing so is prohibited. Crisis averted.
Well, I have no idea what his talking about, so you don't have to worry about me. Though good job with the heads up!

Capu

Smash Rookie
so hey, someone wanna play? i would like to take on some experienced Links so i can practice mine. Add me on 3ds as i don't have the wii u on me

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
I have a new pet-peeve: When people (especially on YouTube) say "As a Link main, I [blank]" DO YOU THINK BEING A LINK "MAIN" SOMEHOW FURTHER VALIDATES WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IN THE SLIGHTEST?!

('Main' in quotations because common YouTube commenters main about 3/4th of the cast, and 'secondary' the rest.)
As a Link Main, I agree with this post.

Top Bottom