• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

BaPTraPLaP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaPTraPLaP
Aside from all the Gay hate, I've come up with a couple really fun mini-games which can be played in Sm4sh.

#1: Smash Volley
1. Both teams must do whatever it takes to prevent each other from getting the sandbag from falling off of their end of the stage. This includes KOing opponents.

2. 1 point is given to the team that successfully gets the sandbag to fall off of the opposing team's end of the stage. This is how you score.

3. If someone in an opposing team in any way hits the sandbag before it dissappears off their end of the stage, then the other team does not recieve the point. This is called a "gimp save". Influencing the sandbag with wind boxes offstage still counts as a gimp save.

5. KOing your opponents don't count as anything.

6. There can be 1v1s.

7. Omegas and neutral stages are recommended.

8. You can pass the sandbag to a mate in any way that works.

9. There can be a time limit that is set to your liking. To determine the winning side, either whoever gets to a chosen number of scores first or has the most scores at the end of the game is the victor.

10. There are a couple of ways to play Smash Volly.

- For 1v1s and teams of 2 to 3 players, you can use Wire Frame Mack as the sandbag. The only time he is ever played is when positioning him in center-stage between rounds if necessary.

- For 1v1s, you can use the online waiting stage to play Smash Volley. The sandbag's damage returns to 0 after some time and you can't grab it at all, so be aware of that. There's also the convenience of having it not grab the ledge when falling offstage.

#2: Hunters Vs. Hunted
1. Either CPUs, Amiibos or a human players will be playing as "the hunted", and only human players will be hunters.

2. The hunted's role is to fight back against the hunters and survive for as long as possible. If there are more than one of the hunted, they can either play together as a team or fend for themselves. They will all have the same team color.

3. The hunters can either play as one team, or can compete against one another as multiple individuals. They must choose the same team color if they are to work together and must all have different team colors if they are working individually. There is a minimum of 2 hunters.

4. If there is one team of hunters, then if they kill all of the hunted before time's up, they win. If there are multiple individual hunters, then whoever kills the last/single hunted player first wins.

5. If the hunted last until time's up or kill all of the hunters, they win.

6. Individual hunters can kill other competing hunters, but it won't count as anything besides getting them out of the way and out of the game.

7. The rules will always be set to 1 stock with a chosen time limit.

8. It is preferred that very large stages like Palutana's Temple and Hyrule Temple are used to give the hunted a fighting chance at survival. You can use large custom stages as well.

9. Team attack can be on or off depending on preference.

I had a lot of fun playing Smash Volley with my friend, so maybe you guys might like them.
Smash volley sounds interesting I would advise adding the rule that when going for the gimp save in order for it to count as successful the person that "saved" the sandbag must also successfully recover. Hunted would take a lot of dedication by the players. I also see an idea of scrapping the rule of allowing amiibos and cpu's to be hunted allow them to be hunters. And instead of allowing the hunted to fight back just make them not so that way they are actually hunted. Also make the hunters individual win go on amount of kills rather than last kill so its not just waiting for the last hit on the last hunted.

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Smash volley sounds interesting I would advise adding the rule that when going for the gimp save in order for it to count as successful the person that "saved" the sandbag must also successfully recover. Hunted would take a lot of dedication by the players. I also see an idea of scrapping the rule of allowing amiibos and cpu's to be hunted allow them to be hunters. And instead of allowing the hunted to fight back just make them not so that way they are actually hunted. Also make the hunters individual win go on amount of kills rather than last kill so its not just waiting for the last hit on the last hunted.
Yeah actually I'll add that to the rules.

But if the hunted can't fight back, then what would be the point of the name? I could say that they would get a handicap if that helps, but they have to defend themselves somehow. Scrapping the rule that says only Hunted can be Amiibos & CPUs is a good idea, as most CPUs would be stupid enough to fight the hunters head-on. But for the last thing, it wouldn't make much sense as there would be a lot of ties, and there will often only be one player as the hunted.

Edit: On second thought, it wouldn't be so bad since multiple hunters would win, therefore not leaving the hunters that got a kill all salty. I might add some additional rules later.

One new rule might be that whoever kills the hunter that got a point will steal their point. That way ties would become less likely and would give a lot of time for the hunted to escape while they fight over the point/s.

Last edited:

BaPTraPLaP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaPTraPLaP
Yeah actually I'll add that to the rules.

But if the hunted can't fight back, then what would be the point of the name? I could say that they would get a handicap if that helps, but they have to defend themselves somehow. Scrapping the rule that says only Hunted can be Amiibos & CPUs is a good idea, as most CPUs would be stupid enough to fight the hunters head-on. But for the last thing, it wouldn't make much sense as there would be a lot of ties, and there will often only be one player as the hunted.

Edit: On second thought, it wouldn't be so bad since multiple hunters would win, therefore not leaving the hunters that got a kill all salty. I might add some additional rules later.
Well exactly I don't see the point of the name now. Might as well name it "attackers vs defenders". With "hunters vs hunted" I expect more of a cat and mouse like game. The hunters strategically try to trap their opponents (or prey) While the hunted run for their dear life. While yes this may come down to laps around the stage it would better fit the name.
Edit:I didnt see your last additional rule before posting this on that note it might help it a little but then it might just turn back to regular smash all together.

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Well exactly I don't see the point of the name now. Might as well name it "attackers vs defenders". With "hunters vs hunted" I expect more of a cat and mouse like game. The hunters strategically try to trap their opponents (or prey) While the hunted run for their dear life. While yes this may come down to laps around the stage it would better fit the name.
Edit:I didnt see your last additional rule before posting this on that note it might help it a little but then it might just turn back to regular smash all together.
You're right, I might wanna change the name of it. Laps around the stage doesn't sound very fun to me, and I wanted the hunted to have a good chance of winning the game instead of being at a complete disadvantage. I might want to call it "Smash Manhunt" or something. I might make a the rules a bit different to make a game where the hunted run for dear life like you stated, probably by giving them a huge handicap.

Edit: I decided to change the name to "Smash Man Hunt". I'll be making a slightly different set of rules for a game called "Run for Dear Life".

Last edited:

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
*shrugs*
Whatever man. That's your opinion. I don't truly mind. Just means I get to play as :4lucina:.
Except Marth is a better character due to his tippers/range. I'd like to see lucina KO someone at 60% at the edge.

I wanted Lucinda to be good cause I love her as a character but she is a worse Marth. If she were an alt I'd get to play a better character AND be lucina

Rizen

Smash Legend
Except Marth is a better character due to his tippers/range. I'd like to see lucina KO someone at 60% at the edge.

I wanted Lucinda to be good cause I love her as a character but she is a worse Marth. If she were an alt I'd get to play a better character AND be lucina
Lucina's Fsmash got a power buff in the last patch so she probably could.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
The problem with TL mains is that all the BIGGEST!11!!1!1 LoZ fans who LOVEEEED LINK!11!! then decided to main TL instead because he was far better. It's pretty sad when some of our best like Cacogen and Anaky switch to TL: he has some of the things they like about Link but is a far more competent character. That's the sad cop-out. He isn't the Link, you know?

But wth I don't care about this stupid character loyalty crap
I literally only mained Link for 1 tournament also. Then the jab nerf........ it was just too much.

After using Toon Link for a VERY short period of time after the Link nerf, i was already doing better against people than I was with Link, and I put a fair bit of time into Link as well.

Before the patch i didn't know who was the best, but now it's defo Toon Link.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Nah, you should lose sleep over the fact that you like Evangelion. Becuase anyone who likes that show has wrong with them.
Oh no, I like Evangelion, what to do? How should I ever conceive sleep again? I have been judged by an Internet dweller, my life is clearly over!

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
you should lose sleep over your excessive use of sarcasm, tbh.
Oh no, I think I have run out of sleep already. I might as well go all out and binge watch Eva while playing waifu Emblem with Lucina sarcastically.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I literally only mained Link for 1 tournament also. Then the jab nerf........ it was just too much.

After using Toon Link for a VERY short period of time after the Link nerf, i was already doing better against people than I was with Link, and I put a fair bit of time into Link as well.

Before the patch i didn't know who was the best, but now it's defo Toon Link.
TL is the better character, no doubt. Whenever I look for either tournament results or video footage I find way more of TL too: the results don't lie. We'll miss you, is all.

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
TL is the better character, no doubt. Whenever I look for either tournament results or video footage I find way more of TL too: the results don't lie. We'll miss you, is all.
I personally can't get used to Gay. His physical range is s***. It's really the fact that his back throw is a kill move, and the fact that people can't fall out of his up smash that makes him better imo. Besides, how even does Gay edge guard? We have so many options. He just has his mobility.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
I played against a Gay in friendlies over the weekend. There was one moment where he threw a bomb at me and I managed to catch it. I didn't throw it right away and it got to the point where my internal clock told me it was time for it to explode so I put up my shield. I sat there in my shield for a second, dumbfounded as to why it wasn't exploding until I finally remembered that the fuse on Gay's bombs didn't get shortened like ours did. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I personally can't get used to Gay. His physical range is s***. It's really the fact that his back throw is a kill move, and the fact that people can't fall out of his up smash that makes him better imo. Besides, how even does Gay edge guard? We have so many options. He just has his mobility.
It's not just that; he can actually combo out of his spam since his bombs have a set knockback with no real growth. That and his normal rang are what make him better. Being able to combo a fair out of a bomb at 100% is priceless.

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
I'm going to be honest, I was there at the inception of this little tradition and even then I thought the word we chose was stupid, but it's not about the word we chose or what that might mean, it's about a bunch of jaded and tired Link mains being real sick of people jumping ship and acting like they didn't just because the character they jumped too wears the same silly hat.

It was a really .... Busy time for the Link Mains, what with the exodus, so fine details had to be ignored, but now it's tradition, and it is what it is.

Posting on the same board as us does not make you one of us, you and I both know why you'll never be welcome here.

So, no, you are not.
If I'm not welcome, then how come I'm not banned yet? I'm looking forward to what ever negative things you have to say.

...is evangelion good?
It's pretty good from what I watched.

Last edited:

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
If I'm not welcome, then how come I'm not banned yet? I'm looking forward to what ever negative things you have to say.
Not welcome and breaking the rules are different things. Nothing is keeping you from being here but doesn't mean everyone has to like it. Though continually prodding people with mod powers doesn't help with that

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
Chanching a bit of the topic, I played with a Monado Boy in FG. He did something that seems cool (but he seems to not do it knowing), but i don't know if it is known. He canceled his aereals with monado transforms.

Is that a known thing?

Rizen

Smash Legend
Chanching a bit of the topic, I played with a Monado Boy in FG. He did something that seems cool (but he seems to not do it knowing), but i don't know if it is known. He canceled his aereals with monado transforms.

Is that a known thing?
Yes. Canceling landing lag with special attacks.

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
^I think you quoted the wrong person.
Damn it

Is that a known thing?
My bad, wrong reply.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer

Is that a known thing?
Yeah it's a known thing. I believe that when the monado is activated (not initiated) it will cancel landing lag. I saw a vid a while ago. This probably isn't it but it will do https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34v54e5lhjQ

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Am I the only one that misses Melee/Brawl Marth? Imagine how freaking good he would be in Sm4sh. Ken combos all around. It brings me tears what they had done to him.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
It must be nice for your main to be buffed in a patch. Link lost his best kill setup :urg:

Wifi anyone in America?

Top Bottom