• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Rizen

Smash Legend
Link players needed a social thread for SSB4 and here it is!

Post whatever you want to talk about but keep it within the Smashboards global rules. No political or religious topics please.

Last edited:

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I have a suggestion:

How about changing the thread title now and then to reflect whatever current topic that's being discussed.

FSK

Smash Ace
Let's make it a rule that we refrain from talking about topics related to politics, ideologies and religion.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Link mains. Ah, I feel right at home. Going Link, Ganondorf, and Shulk with Smash 4. But Link will always be my number 1. So, when do you guys think we will finally seem more of Zelda Wii U?

Rizen

Smash Legend
We probably won't see more about Wii U Zelda until the next E3 sadly :( But with Nintendo, you never know what they'll do ;)

Lozjam

Smash Champion
We probably won't see more about Wii U Zelda until the next E3 sadly :( But with Nintendo, you never know what they'll do ;)
I'm about 50-50 with that.... I don't know. It seems odd to wait until E3 2015 to release information for Nintendo's biggest game of the year. I mean, just look at the Ravio Miiverse teaser from Aonuma with A Link Between Worlds. I think they almost have to give us little pieces of info throughout the year. It is Nintendo's #1 hyped game, I think they want to keep it that way.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
When the comes out we should share friend codes.Also I'm curious who else Link people plan on using?For me I like. Robin Shulk and Greninja and either Bowser or Ganondorf.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
I'm here from the Brawl Link social thread as well. TIme to finally move on I guess.

The only other character I'll be playing is Ganon, as always. I'll certainly play around with all the other characters in a casual sense, but I'll only work on advanced techs for Link and Ganon. It's exciting to know there may still be some new things to discover with this game.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I'm here from the Brawl Link social thread as well. TIme to finally move on I guess.

The only other character I'll be playing is Ganon, as always. I'll certainly play around with all the other characters in a casual sense, but I'll only work on advanced techs for Link and Ganon. It's exciting to know there may still be some new things to discover with this game.
Same, but I am also doing Shulk on top of Link and Ganondorf

Rizen

Smash Legend
Thread title changed. I couldn't think of anything clever about moving to the smash 4 forums. If you guys have suggestions, feel free. I thought of Telma's Bar- Link Social but didn't know if that would work because the possible alcohol milk implication.

My stupid centurylink modem is still giving me trouble after having a guy come and "fix" the problem twice.
I've been in a rotten mood all day.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Thread title changed. I couldn't think of anything clever about moving to the smash 4 forums. If you guys have suggestions, feel free. I thought of Telma's Bar- Link Social but didn't know if that would work because the possible alcohol milk implication.

My stupid centurylink modem is still giving me trouble after having a guy come and "fix" the problem twice.
I've been in a rotten mood all day.
What about the milk bar? We got all the Chateau Romani :troll:

Rizen

Smash Legend
"A Link to the Thread - Link Social" got the most likes so I changed it to that.

What internet provider do you guys have? I'm so fed up with Centurylink; I've had 2 people come and check the problem (2 separate visits) and now it still is a complete pos and drops all internet signals every time the phone rings. Now someone's coming out on the 6th to "fix" it again.
My mom says that Comcast has terrible service too so I shouldn't stop my Centurylink service yet but I would have canceled them.

So I'm trying to do Lost In Shadow playthroughs instead of online stuff. The damn phone's interrupted 2 of them so far and the game auto saves after each level so I have to edit that out but I can't get the exact video quality as the original recordings. Did you guys see 'Spaceballs', a Mel Brooks comedy? I feel like Dark Helmet near the end, when he tries to push the cancellation button but it's out of order. He says "****, even in the future nothing works!" :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
The problem is I have to have calls come in because it might be my Grandma or mom, who I help take care of, but much of the time it's stupid ads or surveys. Even in the morning or late night. I hate those; how'd they even get my number?
I like the Grinch's answering machine "If you utter so much as one syllable, I'll HUNT YOU DOWN AND GUT YOU LIKE A FISH! If you want to fax me press the * key", lol.

Last edited:

Heero Yuy

#sweg
So today on my Scotland vacation, I took a walk around the mountainside of Arthur's Seat and took some breathtaking photos. It's absolutely beautiful. Felt like being Link going thru Hyrule Field...except I forgot my sword and shield.

Last edited:

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
^ This guy knows what's up.
Thanks, I do. Like right now the ceilings up. When I go outside the sky will be up. I know what's down too. The floor :roll:

Nice scenery though. Must have been relaxing and epic all at the same time.

@ Rizen Rizen my comcast works amazing. Best Internet service I've had

Lozjam

Smash Champion
People are calling Link and Ganondorf low tier. LOL! They are in for a rude awakening.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Yeah, I saw recently Link still has his dropkick combos from brawl. I haven't seen any wind-spikes yet but I'm still hoping. Has anyone seen footage confirming locks or is that a mechanic that's completely out this time around?

Rizen

Smash Legend
It's hard to say who will be what tier at this point. Link got some major buffs so I doubt he'll be low tier.
Yeah, I saw recently Link still has his dropkick combos from brawl. I haven't seen any wind-spikes yet but I'm still hoping. Has anyone seen footage confirming locks or is that a mechanic that's completely out this time around?
From what I read here
http://smashboards.com/threads/its-...t-link-in-smash-4.368190/page-2#post-17683018
Arrow locks are still around but Link doesn't have his boomerang setups anymore. All locks end after 3 hits.

@ Heero great pics! That looks like a beautiful place :)

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
No more jab locks? Lame. Although I guess it wasn't a huge part of his game; mostly a punish for not teching his boomerang close range or if you could pull off the bomb lock.

Wish his boomerang wasn't nerfed. Although, let's face it, Link has always sucked and he actually looks good in this one so it's hard to complain too much about things he's not as good at anymore :awesome:

And Rizen: Uverse is great if you can afford it. I got it at a discount for a pretty reasonable price. My experience with Comcast was horrible. We lost connectivity for several hours at least once every other week, and often more than that.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Let it be known that we who have remained faithful to Link since the beginning are not bandwagon frauds.

D

Deleted member

Hey, listen! As a Zelda fan and (sort of) a Link main, I wondered if there existed a Link social thread after participating in the Shulk one with my fellow Bronados. I'm pleased to have discovered this thread. Nice title, by the way.

When I get a Wii U and Smash 4, I'll pick Link first like I traditionally do.

Says the TL main :p
He's still Link, only a different incarnation of the legendary hero. :p

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Says the TL main :p
I give Link love in all Smash games. :p

Brawl happened to be the first one that was used as a fun character.

But yeah, I joined a gang - once a Toon Goon, always a Toon Goon.

I still use Link in P:M (although TL is just as fun when I need him), Sm4sh I'll main him.

I'm a sucker for any kind of Link... and Zelda.

You know this by now! XP

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I will eventually, but I think we are forgetting about the other important game coming out this month: POKEMANZ

Idk... $50 per game, only so much cash on hand, lookng to get a different job atm, idk. Financial investments are my strong point.

D

Deleted member

Any of you guys getting the 3DS version?
My version of choice will be Wii U, but I might get the 3DS version for the sake of owning a complete collection.

I will eventually, but I think we are forgetting about the other important game coming out this month: POKEMANZ
To be honest, I can't say I was ever a big Pokemon fan. I have nothing against the series, but I never got into it.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm only getting the console version. 3DS owners get a big head start but at least the console will support game cube controllers :smirk:

Top Bottom