• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link Chaingrab Finisher?

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
So I was messing around in training mode, and I found out Link has a chaingrab on Falco (haven't tested it on anyone else XP), tho I'm not sure if up to 72% or 80...something%.

But, being a new player to PM, I have no idea what's the ideal way to finish that chaingrab, usually I go for the up B because of the semi-spike, but I'm not sure if there's a better way to finish it xD

:3

TehGuitarLord

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Slice_O_Pie
3DS FC
1203-9544-5962
I wanna try that, sounds cool. I've honestly only played Project M for like a week, but I've played Melee for like 2 years so my tech skill carried over. I randomly picked up Link and was really surprised at how good I was playing. Between the few sessions that I've played, and watching some Vwins and NinjaLink vids, I'm surprised at how quickly I figured out Link.

I don't really know a lot of Link specific tech yet, but I'm learning. Also surprised this works since Link's grab is so laggy and punishable if missed, especially on Falco. I'll have to check that out.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I wanna try that, sounds cool. I've honestly only played Project M for like a week, but I've played Melee for like 2 years so my tech skill carried over. I randomly picked up Link and was really surprised at how good I was playing. Between the few sessions that I've played, and watching some Vwins and NinjaLink vids, I'm surprised at how quickly I figured out Link.

I don't really know a lot of Link specific tech yet, but I'm learning. Also surprised this works since Link's grab is so laggy and punishable if missed, especially on Falco. I'll have to check that out.
It's laggy long-range, but because uthrow sends them straight up, once they come down, theyre really close, so you grab them pretty much at contact-range~

I imagine at the edge, if this is done, in conjunction with semispike up B, it would lead to a 0 to death on Falco, maybe fox (since his fire fox is better)

JesteRace

Smash Journeyman
They can DI out of it long before that high of a percent. Try going to like 20-30% and following up with utilt and following their DI from there.

Sora Keyblade Master

Smash Journeyman
He is right about that, cpu does not DI always, they do at times. When i picked Lucario and figured out his chain grab that works on a lot of characters, mostly fast fallers, i learned it on cpu fox, but then when i did it on human players i was surprised by how much they could smash DI, however the chain grab does and still work consistently, its just you have to learn the smash DI range.

I hope this chain grain works this same, and on most fast fallers and not just falco. Would help Links game a lot. Is this in 3.6 btw?

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
He is right about that, cpu does not DI always, they do at times. When i picked Lucario and figured out his chain grab that works on a lot of characters, mostly fast fallers, i learned it on cpu fox, but then when i did it on human players i was surprised by how much they could smash DI, however the chain grab does and still work consistently, its just you have to learn the smash DI range.

I hope this chain grain works this same, and on most fast fallers and not just falco. Would help Links game a lot. Is this in 3.6 btw?
Also works on Fox. Havent tested anyone else.

I actually know the can smash DI, but due to Link's chain, it becomes easier to chaingrab due to the fact you just gotta time it right and grab in the right direction XP

Top Bottom